Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage (1989 Views)

Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !! / Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? / Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Abbymart777(m): 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
WHY LADIES MUST PREPARE EARLY FOR MARRIAGE

Many ladies start preparing for marriage very late in life. Many dont get very serious about productive relationship until they are 29 or 30 yrs old - very late. While the male are being prepared from birth to understand their leadership responsibilities, woman are groomed with the mindset that their husbands will carry their burden. That is why a larger percentage of the female species has nothing to offer than their bodies. Many of them commit themselves to having fun not knowing that one day they will become wives and mothers - they live their younger year unprepared for this task I.e the task of being a wife and a mother. So when they are older at 29 or 30 suddenly they realise that time is not on their side and they desperately begin to looking for a man to marry. Unfortunately even at this age most of them are not prepared, apart from their bodies they have nothing else to give. And that is why most of them will lower their standards just to marry anyone. All they are concerned about is to bear a man's name, all they are concerned about is to meet the societal expectations of marriage. They lower their standard compelled by desperation, lack of vision and complete lack of desire to make a difference- any man will do, as long as he is a male and willing to marry them even if he is not a well developed male and has no desire to be one. This is the reason for so many problems in our society.

If you ask me I will say that it is important to prepare a lady from her birth for the responsibility of marriage. Both gender must start preparing very early in life for this great responsibility that requires teamwork and capacity to make uncommon required contributions.

The man as the male is naturally given the power of "PROPOSAL" while the woman is given the power of " ACCEPTANCE or " REFUSAL" What this means is that the woman by natural design is compelled to wait until a man comes with a marriage proposal before she can marry. While a man may choose the time he desires to marry, a woman must wait for a man to "decide" for her when to marry. And while the possibility of a man to marry his dream woman is still very bright even when he is 40yrs and above, women have almost zero chance of marrying their dream men when they are above 30yrs of age. This is the sad truth. So tell me who should prepare early, who should be ready for marital responsibilities at 24, 25 or 26 yrs - the male or female?

The world is a " BUYER'S MARKET ". So everyone who has a product to sell has the responsibility to make the product " BUYER-ATTRACTIVE " and "BUYER'S WORTHY". In this context men are like the " BUYERS" while women are like the " PRODUCT "I apologise for using this metaphor if it seems offensive especially to the proponents of the feminist ideology.

The summary of my submission is this, women are to start preparing early in life to make themselves marriage worthy. This is necessary in order to avoid becoming like a products that is "unsellable"- a product you have to reduce its price and make very cheap to be sold on " promo". The truth is that some women are like products that will never sell even if you place them on permanent " promo".

Prepare yourself so that you can " sell" at full value to men who know your worth and are able to pay the price to have you as their life Partner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by healthserve(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
At full value. Preach.
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by izzou(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
grin grin grin

The summary of my submission is this, women are to start preparing early in life to make themselves marriage worthy. This is necessary in order to avoid becoming like a products that is "unsellable"- a product you have to reduce its price and make very cheap to be sold on " promo". The truth is that some women are like products that will never sell even if you place them on permanent " promo".

So who evaluates a man, and decides if he's "marriage worthy"?

The kind of theories I read on this forum shows the future is dark.

No wonder innocent, marriage-worthy ladies end up marrying panel wife beaters. While trying to beat time(that you guys shout everytime), they end up marrying nonsense

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Teenagers should be prepared for marriage.

They should also be taught and be guided on the journey of self discovery.

That way, they automatically know the spouses food for them.

They marry early, fulfill their dreams and live happily ever after
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Ipheeoma24(f): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Must everything be about marriage in this country imagine i just finished my nysc and my neighbor's r already singing it in my ears none of them have asked me oo what are your dreams and goals especially igbo people I just tire that hw one stupid guy was also telling me that more respect r accorded to married women so if u dey find respect better run go marry ....mental slavery

14 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by izzou(m): 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
Ipheeoma24:
Must everything be about marriage in this country imagine i just finished my nysc and my neighbor's r already singing it in my ears none of them have asked me oo what are your dreams and goals especially igbo people I just tire that hw one stupid guy was also telling me that more respect r accorded to married women so if u dey find respect better run go marry ....mental slavery

grin grin grin

No kee me with laugh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Ipheeoma24:
I just tire, no be by force to go Dubai

1 Like

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by SKYloafFISH(f): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
Abbymart777:
1. So when they are older at 29 or 30 suddenly they realise that time is not on their side and they desperately begin to looking for a man to marry.

2. The man as the male is naturally given the power of "PROPOSAL" while the woman is given the power of " ACCEPTANCE or " REFUSAL" What this means is that the woman by natural design is compelled to wait until a man comes with a marriage proposal before she can marry. While a man may choose the time he desires to marry, a woman must wait for a man to "decide" for her when to marry.
intelligent men with foresight to are always bothered about getting married before getting pass 30.
This is obvious on another thread by liquidgold.
Women that are bothered about marrying before 30 are planning their lives

2. I believe life is all about perception but your perception and analysis of "proposal is flawed on so many levels. Women propose and infa
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
no wonder so many women are selling themselves to the 1st donkey that comes their way AND/OR some African men treat woman like cheap livestock.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Triniti(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Them use marriage swear for Africans? Nobody talks about self development and how to network for young people.

11 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by cococandy(f): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
Another day
Another dumb thread

14 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by eyinjuege: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Triniti:
Them use marriage swear for Africa? Nobody talks about self development and how to network for young people.

Just go and marry
Marriage is the solution to all your problems in this life grin grin grin . Shikena
I can't cannor laugh abeg

4 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2019

Ipheeoma24:
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Triniti(m): 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
eyinjuege:

Just go and marry
Marriage is the solution to all your problems in this life grin grin grin . Shikena
I can't cannor laugh abeg
Lmao.....this thing is getting out of hands. The unending threads of marriage this and that is getting so ridiculous

8 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by ireneidiva(f): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
bukatyne:
Is this sarcasm?

3 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
ireneidiva:

Is this sarcasm?

Nope undecided
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
Story.....
It is only in Africa that marriage is overrated and the men criticize and scrutinize a woman's age, nonscence. There is nothing wrong with a woman who wants to achieve some of her dreams and marry in her late 20s, 30s or 40s. Singlehood is as sweet as marriage. The problem is not the age of women, the problem is the mentality of the Nigerian man. Our daft mentality should stop dictating to women the ages they should marry.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Story.....
It is only in Africa that marriage is overrated and the men criticize and scrutinize a woman's age, nonscence. There is nothing wrong with a woman who wants to achieve some of her dreams and marry in her late 20s, 30s or 40s. Singlehood is as sweet as marriage. The problem is not the age of women, the problem is the mentality of the Nigerian man. Our daft mentality should stop dictating to women the ages they should marry.

@bold:

Don't get it twisted.

You see all the evening newspaper talk our guys do here, they got it from the whites and Africanized it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
I disagree with you. The whites do not discriminate a woman's age.
bukatyne:

@bold:

Don't get it twisted.

You see all the evening newspaper talk our guys do here, they got it from the whites and Africanized it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lol these people sha
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I disagree with you. The whites do not discriminate a woman's age.

Hahahahahahaha!

Oblige me and read through their blogs, articles etc.
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
I'm already familiar with that. It's very common to see a white divorced woman getting married with ease, without her failed marriage or age being criticized. How much more an advanced spinster. You aren't aware of many white women who marry younger husbands, the men hardly discriminate or worry so much about age.
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha!

Oblige me and read through their blogs, articles etc.

10 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by ireneidiva(f): 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
bukatyne:

Please, teenagers should be taught to pursue their dreams with all they can. Marriage should come whenever they choose or when they have some things in place. How many people live happily ever after when they marry?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I'm already familiar with that. It's very common to see a white divorced woman getting married with ease, without her failed marriage or age being criticized. How much more an advanced spinster. You aren't aware of many white women who marry younger husbands, the men hardly discriminate or worry so much about age.

And Nigerian divorced women are not getting re-married (even though it is mostly common law marriage aka cohabitating) especially in rural areas?

How do you know that her failed married and/age are not been critisized?

A number of Nigerian men are married to older wives tooo. Darey Art Alade, Peter PSquare, Gov of Ondo state etc. While I know they are not your regular examples, these are men who could pick anyone else and they chose older women.

In fact, multiple marriages seem to me like their society discriminates against single people a lot hence the need to always be married.
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
They do get married, but definitely not as much as the whites, they are hugely criticized. It's a black mentality thing, and that's the fact.

I already answered your 2nd paragraph. I had mentioned that some white ladies in their second marriage are lucky enough to marry even younger men. Some white spinters who married late, still settle without being mocked for being old.

bukatyne:

And Nigerian divorced women are not getting re-married (even though it is mostly common law marriage aka cohabitating) especially in rural areas?

How do you know that her failed married and/age are not been critisized?

In fact, multiple marriages seem to me like their society discriminates against single people a lot hence the need to always be married.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
ireneidiva:

Please, teenagers should be taught to pursue their dreams with all they can. Marriage should come whenever they choose or when they have some things in place. How many people live happily ever after when they marry?

You think marriage & dream chasing are mutual exclusive, I don't. In fact, some dreams would never be fulfilled until marriage. Imagine someone who wants to be the president of Nigeria: he/she must be married.

You also think marriage should come whenever they choose without preparation.

Why do you think there are a lot of happily never afters?

Because they let marriage happen and did not prepare for it.

And I do not necessarily think a teenager should be married: I said they should be prepared for marriage.

And I do not believe in people living loose, purposeless lives in the name of freedom or growing up.

Most of them never recover from the damage inflicted on their body, spirit and soul.

The person you marry is the 2nd most important decision you will make in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Again lipsrsealed
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Goodgod213: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

A divorced 98 year old white lady has a lot to offer than a employed 26 year old Nigerian Lady.

Take it or ask your mother for more details
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2019
Why do you mention my mother in this?
Goodgod213:

A divorced 98 year old white lady has a lot to offer than a employed 26 year old Nigerian Lady.

Take it or ask your mother for more details

5 Likes

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Uyi168: 12:21am On Dec 23, 2019
If it's not food, se.x or marriage ,count the average black man out...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2019
Ipheeoma24:

Madame when are you getting married?

Thats all we want to know
Re: Why Ladies Must Prepare Early For Marriage by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 23, 2019
bukatyne:

The person you marry is the 2nd most important decision you will make in life.

I used to think it was the 1st most important decision oo. I never even knew it was pushed to second place.

Any way lemme go and do quick & marry, so i can pepper all the married people in this section always forming ITK.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Man With 999 Wives / HIV Positive Woman Sues Husband For Refusing Her SEX / What Really Is The Cause Of Marital Infidelity??!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.