Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple (41502 Views)

Zambia: Police Bars Ex-president Lungu From "Political Jogging" / Hichilema Defeats Incumbent, Lungu In Zambia Presidential Race / Zambia President Edgar Lungu Collapses After 'sudden Dizziness' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by lexy2014: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2019
Minjim:

The man was airing his personal opinion. Can the US force Zambia to embrace same sex? The man is just saying that the same stigmatisation should apply to corrupt politicians too. And that's where we are missing it

Does d US ambassador to Saudi Arabia air d same sentiment regarding how d kingdom treats homosexuals? If its about opinion, d president of d country has also given his opinion
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2019
darkwan:

yea,am terrified....!!

nightmares....
Why? is it because you are Terrified you might be gay? Don't worry, I will make sure you are not Jailed when you decides to Come out of your Closet finally. grin
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Roozzaay(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2019
gibzzhd:

Rwanda arguably the fastest developing African country have a relax gay law.Gay don't make any nation poor it's our tradition of dicit that has limited us.When would Nigerian Learn.
In any case I'm excited saying so much hate comment here but I'm 100% certain that most of those haters are secretly indulging in it for fun.

Bro, are you telling me relaxing gay law is making Rwanda great? The fact still remains that no one in their right senses would be sexually attracted to someone of same sex. Let us put gay stuff aside.
My point in that comment was that who are the westerners to tell any sovereign African state what to do with their lives or what law or policy they should make? This is not the first time they will be threatening an African state with that devilish and slavery "aid". Imagine a black man living in America to make such ridiculous statement on American Supreme court judgement.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Palehair: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2019
gibzzhd:

Shut your mouth right there.If there is any country and people God would destroy today is you and your types who have refuse to respect humans.Even Good gives us liberty at our choice.African leaders kill,destroy million lives and destines by their corrupt actions.Name one gay that has caused any one is live and I would show you hundreds of politicians and selfish straight ass CEO that has killed , destroy and kept so many in bondage.What makes you better than a Homosexual? Heaven self you no go smell am
I wish I could like this a billion times
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
grin grin grin grin@ courageously Ignorant. I add Fantastically and Adamantly Ignorant.

Lol cheesy

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
Why? is it because you are Terrified you might be gay? Don't worry, I will make sure you are not Jailed when you decides to Come out of your Closet finally. grin

haha....
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2019
darkwan:

haha....
I rest my case.....
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2019
lexy2014:

This is from Wikipedia as at this morning:

United States: Polygamy is illegal in all 50 states[93] as well as federally according to the Edmunds Act. From about 1847 to 1857, in what is now the state of Utah, many Mormons practiced polygamy, which was widely condemned in the rest of the US. The US federal government threatened The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and made polygamy illegal through the enforcement of Acts of Congress such as the Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act.

It has nothing to do with issuing single or multiple licenses. U are being selective with d truth

You have only quoted the section of that article that suits/supports your argument grin, you need to go back and research extensively then come back here to submit the rest of the case for polygamy in the US.

FYI, there are intelligent people on NL - so that you are aware. grin
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
I rest my case.....

haha....soo,you are openly admittin that you are gay....??
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2019
hope4nigeria:
go there and they will behead you, gay is evil, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of this singular act. If you don't change your ways, you are in for doom
Guy you need liberation from All this your Warped imaginations.

All this things you have mentioned are all Fairytales. God doesn't exist neither do Your so called sodom and Gomorrah. it's all Tales.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by lexy2014: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:

You have only quoted the section of that article that suits/supports your argument grin, you need to go back and research extensively then come back here to submit the rest of the case for polygamy in the US.

If u had done ur research, u should have confidently showed me d law that contradicts d info I shared. If u had done ur research u would have by now come across d Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act. That should help u clarify your doubts.

NB: am not sure what u mean by "there are intelligent people on NL-so that you aware" and what it has got to do with d discussion
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 21, 2019
darkwan:

haha....soo,you are openly admittin that you are gay....??
Mate! don't worry about me. I have no problem with gays. It wouldn't bother me if i was gay. you need to worried about you and your state of mind.

I have been Living with gays, worked with gays, my brother inlaw is gay. So far these people have not Turned me gay. Anyway i don't blame you, you live in Africa. You probarbly have gay neighbours Without even knowing and They are still in closets because of people like you who wants to harm them.

Look! Africans should worry more about their Crooked Politicians and So called Pastors and churches Scamming and brainwashing them.

2 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2019
lexy2014:

If u had done ur research, u should have confidently showed me d law that contradicts d info I shared. If u had done ur research u would have by now come across d Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act. That should help u clarify your doubts.

NB: am not sure what u mean by "there are intelligent people on NL-so that you aware" and what it has got to do with d discussion

The state of Utah is a case study for you. Learn to be more rational in your approach to sensitive matters, just as I have presented you with a side of the argument that coz it's illegal doesn't mean it's not happening or known to be happening.

There are still pending court cases in the US testing the legality of laws prohibiting polygamy, checking if they do not already infringe on individual liberty in modern day US.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:

The state of Utah is a case study for you. Learn to be more rational in your approach to sensitive matters, just as I have presented you with a side of the argument that coz it's illegal doesn't mean it's not happening or known to be happening.

There are still pending court cases in the US testing the legality of laws prohibiting polygamy, checking if they do not already infringe on individual liberty in modern day US.

you gave him a like,didnt you....??
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
Yea! and I found you another gay too.. you are Wellcomed. grin

Would you like to fu ck Me Again like you did last night?

darkwan is gay! grin
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
Mate! don't worry about me. I have no problem with gays. It wouldn't bother me if i was gay. you need to worried about you and your state of mind.

I have been Living with gays, worked with gays, my brother inlaw is gay. So far these people have not Turned me gay. Anyway i don't blame you, you live in Africa. You probarbly have gay neighbours Without even knowing and They are still in closets because of people like you who wants to harm them.

Look! Africans should worry more about their Crooked Politicians and So called Pastors and churches Scamming and brainwashing them.

Mate!....??
black people dont say to each other Mate!....

you are not black....!!
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by lexy2014: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:

U haven't provided anything. U haven't shown me any law that negates d Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act. If u can't do that, then what exactly are u arguing?

U are talking about "pending court cases". Are "pending court cases" law? Am talking about d fact that d US has laws both at state and federal level that criminalise polygamy, u are talking of pending court cases

U mentioning d state of Utah. Pls look at one of my previous post to you which I quoted from Wikipedia.

lexy2014:

This is from Wikipedia as at this morning:

United States: Polygamy is illegal in all 50 states[93] as well as federally according to the Edmunds Act. From about 1847 to 1857, in what is now the state of Utah, many Mormons practiced polygamy, which was widely condemned in the rest of the US. The US federal government threatened The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and made polygamy illegal through the enforcement of Acts of Congress such as the Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act.

It has nothing to do with issuing single or multiple licenses. U are being selective with d truth

Did u see where Utah was exempted? Or does d US have more than 50 states?
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:

darkwan is gay! grin

uhh....i think you are getting too hornny and not using your brains no more....
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2019
darkwan:

Mate!....??
black people dont say to each other Mate!....

you are not black....!!
Now, you are been discriminating? grin

Okay, this is a term we use in England for People who are Strangers or not too close to us.

I was born and bred in East london England My parents are Nigerians IGBO. Now what?! mate! angry
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:

darkwan is gay! grin
Ooo! yes!! grin He is still in the Closet though. grin
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2019
lexy2014:

U haven't provided anything. U haven't shown me any law that negates d Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act. If u can't do that, then what exactly are u arguing?

U are talking about "pending court cases". Are "pending court cases" law? Am talking about d fact that d US has laws both at state and federal level that criminalise polygamy, u are talking of pending court cases

U mentioning d state of Utah. Pls look at one of my previous post to you which I quoted from Wikipedia.

Did u see where Utah was exempted? Or does d US have more than 50 states?

There's nothing to contest as I have made clear the state of affairs with regards to polygamy in the US. Polygamy is illegal in the US, also there are polygamous families in the US as well and it's not reported that people are thrown into jail for it except for those who do it for fraudulent purposes.

Now, this is a thread about Gay issue and NOT polygamy so let's not derail ok. smiley
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 11:41am On Dec 21, 2019
darkwan:

uhh....i think you are getting too hornny and not using your brains no more....

I know you've gone beyond rimming. wink Just come out in the open, no one will stone you. grin
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
Now, you are been discriminating? grin

Okay, this is a term we use in England for People who are Strangers or not too close to us.

I was born and bred in East london England My parents are Nigerians IGBO. Now what?! mate! angry

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed....
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by CAPSLOCKED: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2019
Godislove1234:

For all those supporting homosexuality I have just one prayer for you... May your sons bring home a man to marry and may your daughters bring home a woman to marry. Amen.

IF MY CHILDREN WANT THEY CAN BRING HOME GOATS AND PIGS. AS LONG AS THEY'RE HAPPY AND FULFILLED, I WOULDN'T COMPELLED THEM TO BE WITH A TERRIBLE HUMAN WHO WILL MAKE THEM UNHAPPY JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO PLEASE A CAVEMAN'S SOCIETY.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by einsteine(m): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2019
joshjc:
This westerners should stop peddling in African affairs, after all Saudi and other Arab nations commits many human rights abuses, without them saying anything,

Do Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries ask for aid from the US?

Zambia can barely fed its citizens and they receive $500 million a year from the US. They cannot afford to waste their time on such nonsense as homophobia. You are poor and what is bothering you is what two poeple have chosen (consensually) to do with their own bodies.

It is funny that a lot of people here (some of whom want to emigrate to Canada and the US) are applauding the stupid decision of the Zambian President. He is at least lucky, the democrats are not in power in the US.

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by lexy2014: 11:59am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:

There's nothing to contest as I have made clear the state of affairs with regards to polygamy in the US. Polygamy is illegal in the US, also there are polygamous families in the US as well and it's not reported that people are thrown into jail for it except for those who do it for fraudulent purposes.

Now, this is a thread about Gay issue and NOT polygamy so let's not derail ok. smiley

Now there's nothing to contest & I guess u just remembered that d thread is about gay & not polygamy. But here u are saying this:

KanuSE:

U seem to have run out of things to say. Nobody is contesting whether there are polygamous families or not. D question is whether it is legal or not. But in ur argument, u said d legality of polygamy is contingent on d issuance of marriage licenses. But in d end u couldn't prove where that provision was made for in d Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act.

Also, d thread isn't just about gay issue. It reflects d hypocrisy of d US ambassador & d US govt that criminalises polygamy but at d same criticises African countries for criminalising homosexuality. Whether Americans throw people in jail or not, polygamy is a criminal offense which jail time is attached to. And this is what has discouraged many from practicing it in d US since d 19th century
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by SaintLorenzo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
My Landlord is cooking rice
and chicken*
Let me go and remind him that I
picked his clothes yesterday
when it wanted to rain
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Godislove1234: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IF MY CHILDREN WANT THEY CAN BRING HOME GOATS AND PIGS. AS LONG AS THEY'RE HAPPY AND FULFILLED, I WOULDN'T COMPELLED THEM TO BE WITH A TERRIBLE HUMAN WHO WILL MAKE THEM UNHAPPY JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO PLEASE A CAVEMAN'S SOCIETY.

May God grant your heart desire. Since this is what's truly in your heart

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by KanuSE: 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
[s]
lexy2014:

Now there's nothing to contest & I guess u just remembered that d thread is about gay & not polygamy. But here u are saying this:

U seem to have run out of things to say. Nobody is contesting whether there are polygamous families or not. D question is whether it is legal or not. But in ur argument, u said d legality of polygamy is contingent on d issuance of marriage licenses. But in d end u couldn't prove where that provision was made for in d Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act.

Also, d thread isn't just about gay issue. It reflects d hypocrisy of d US ambassador & d US govt that criminalises polygamy but at d same criticises African countries for criminalising homosexuality. Whether Americans throw people in jail or not, polygamy is a criminal offense which jail time is attached to. And this is what has discouraged many from practicing it in d US since d 19th century
[/s]

It's clear that you have penchant for arguing blindly. Do you want to dismiss the fact that the US marriage laws recognises the rights of individuals to marry more than one wife based on religious grounds?

You must be feeling like some el Dorado. I repeat, people still marry more than one wife in the US based on religious or customary grounds.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by hope4nigeria(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2019
gibzzhd:

Shut your mouth right there.If there is any country and people God would destroy today is you and your types who have refuse to respect humans.Even Good gives us liberty at our choice.African leaders kill,destroy million lives and destines by their corrupt actions.Name one gay that has caused any one is live and I would show you hundreds of politicians and selfish straight ass CEO that has killed , destroy and kept so many in bondage.What makes you better than a Homosexual? Heaven self you no go smell am
all that is for your father. Dumb gay.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by wirinet(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
lexy2014:

You are just arguing here and there without any real logic. You are harping "polygamy is a criminal offense in the US" and so many families are displaying their polygamous lives on TV and on YouTube without anyone going to jail.
Sister Wives has been running for 15 years and non of the wives or husband is in jail.
The family even took the state of Utah to court over the legality of the state's polygamy laws, which they believe is against their rights. Although the courts dismissed the case, it did not called for them to be jailed.
Here is what the court said in its ruling;

The Tenth Circuit concluded that because local Utah prosecutors had a policy of not pursuing most polygamy cases in the absence of additional associated crimes (e.g., welfare fraud or marriage of underage persons), the Browns had no credible fear of future prosecution and thus lacked standing.

You seem to have personal hatred for polygamy (and Homosexuality), but that's your personal problem. Others have been practising it in the open, even in the US without fear of going to jail.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by macaranta(m): 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
Lungu has spoken well

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Youths In Ghana Reject Salah Rice Donated By A Member Of Parliament / Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges / Julius Malema Supporters Beat Up Whites Protesting 'Racist' Song in SA (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.