Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser (29204 Views)

Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi / FIRS: Tunde Fowler Dragged To Court, Asked To Vacate Office, Return Salaries / Funke Fowler Aig-Imoukhuede Birthday Party: Tunde Fowler's Daughter Celebrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by maestroferddi: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2019
amuwo1980:

If they actually say so it is part of their misinformation and muddying up turns waters, the Yoruba man have tribalism as the central core of his existence, even in ur personal interactions with them , I remember once upon a time one of them was asked to draw up a sales drive pan Nigeria for some of our company's product , this guy just filled in the gaps with illesa, osogbo, akuru, ife , ibadan etc. I was wondering what kind of people are these, i just pray the country breaks up and let them now turn on themselves
Some Yorubas are terrible .

The tribalism can get so satanic...
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by maestroferddi: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2019
Sirjamo:
This is the kind of bias write up that the Wailing Zombies love to see. The writer deliberately left out the part where Fowler took annual tax revenue generation from a meager 2.5 trillion to 5.33 trillion. These kind of Yoruba haters knew their targeted readers and exactly how to massage their bartered and brutalized ego!!!
Oga stop being distracting...

Granted there are many wonders Yorubas. Infact I have personally benefitted from their goodness....

That said, there are so many horrible Yorubas all around us.

When it comes to egregious tribalism, the Yorubas take the cake...there is no context apart from the one some of them adore namely Buhari.

I am talking from experience...
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by 3Ceagle(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
I have been informed by the seemingly crimes of fowler and the power play in the FIRS long before his exit. The truth is that fowler is not well grounded in taxation and the civil service procedure, but at that position you need a well grounded manager with great experiences surrounded by well experience tax officers. In Lagos, he used a lot of unethical method and also got himself very rich. No doubt that he increased our tax revenue but at same time he gradually destroy civil service procedures. If not that people cannot be sacked without civil service procedures he would have sacked so many persons and plug in more of his colleagues and friennds.
Therefore he just moved people out to less important function: send them to local areas and the training schools and distort promotion.
Imagine writing and passing the compulsory promotions exam but still remain at current position because people within are not moving.
Any persons conversant with the appointments of Buhari will not be surprised. Fowler was part of the sharing of positions between APC northern cabals and Tinubu, now Buhari has nothing to loose therefore he could change the agreement initially reached in 2015.
But truth be said most top government parastatals has northen domination, which were hitherto balance by Obasanjo.
It's just who we have become, tribal sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by maestroferddi: 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
PeterUdeme:

Google is your friend. We remember marylin ogar too when she headed dss. She only appointed igbos. We also remember how okonjo appointed only igbos to head all financial institutions in the country and how she brought emefiele.

And to the Igbo coward who wrote this junk and couldn’t put his name, we can see through your shenanigans.
Marilyn Ogar is from Cross River...She is no Igbo
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Kristaz(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
Google is your friend. We remember marylin ogar too when she headed dss. She only appointed igbos. We also remember how okonjo appointed only igbos to head all financial institutions in the country and how she brought emefiele.

And to the Igbo coward who wrote this junk and couldn’t put his name, we can see through your shenanigans.
[/quote]

Marilyn Oga was non Igbo and NEVER headed DSS. She was the Spokesperson. Please don't misinform the public.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by K4daniel: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
So a country as Big as Nigeria do not have professionals to replace Mr Fowler.

Why giving us someone with ANAN qualification instead of I CAN.Does he not know the different between the two If the new man is good he should be able to pass his ICAN. We truly do not have leaders with Visions and goals for Nigeria. Nations are carefully selecting leaders brilliant ideas we are here deceiving ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by mechanics(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
I was even surprised seeing them sponsoring those shows, I was like that does FIRS have to do with comedy and Nollywood shows.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2019
einsteine:

The person who wrote it is Feyi Fawehinmi, a Yoruba.

Then he’s a bastaaaaaard
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Xisnin(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
alfa0:

Yeah,
The truth is that I heard about all this earlier from a close person who happens to be a director there.
But then I never believed him because I was thinking is normal bad Belle...
For this article to come and say exactly what this insider told me years ago means that everything you read above is true.

When I look at his administration ,I see the administration of Jimoh Ibrahim of NICON insurance..and of course if you know that story,you will know where FIRS was heading to if Fowler has continued.
What exactly did the insider tell you?
That money was missing, inflated budget or what?

I don't get carried away by emotional tantrums if a writer cannot put a number to their claim
then they are a paid liar.

If you believe that Fowler is bad for FIRS, please bring out the figure to support your claim.

Don't come back with stubbornness or womanizing rumors, those are irrelevant, only the purse matters.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by romenna: 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
This thread makes me sick as a Nigerian from a minority ethnic group
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Advocate500: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
PeterUdeme:

u are nothing but a fool if u have decided to every criticism from ur hatred to the igbos and will deny u real opportunity to see the true enemy, igboman believe in hard work not any government appointment.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by gotnel: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
This is not a problem that is new to any public sector where a new henchman is taking over.
It's pretty part of our systemic problem.
No policy continuation in our MDA.
New Oga, new policy.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by ajl: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mr Man, why write all these trash after the man was let go rather than when he was still in position. This seem like trying to justify his exit.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Gandollaar(f): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
Sirjamo:
This is the kind of bias write up that the Wailing Zombies love to see. The writer deliberately left out the part where Fowler took annual tax revenue generation from a meager 2.5 trillion to 5.33 trillion. These kind of Yoruba haters knew their targeted readers and exactly how to massage their bartered and brutalized ego!!!
Fowler didn't increase any revenue!!
It was because of inflation at the period that made it look like there's increase and that has been debunked duely.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Gandollaar(f): 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
helinues:
After completing his 4 years terms.

Yanm.iri on the beat
You are now rolling fully in the mud. Welcome home.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Gandollaar(f): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
Racoon:
Babatunde Fowler indeed did well @ the FIRS with the jacking up of tax revenue to where he left it but trust a lot of underground dealings & politics must have happened.

Well,utter impunity, nepotism and lawlessness are now the hallmark of almost all administration in Nigeria today because a precedence has been set somewhere.To bad it has long became a viscous cycle.
Racoon it means you didn't read the analysis by experts on the so called tax increase. How much was dollar in 2014, 2015 and how much was it in 2016, 2017 etc. The increase in figure was tantamount to the increase in inflation.
The increament was just on paper not in actual value.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by CSTR2: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
If you have not worked in a Yoruba dominated Company, then you have not experienced tribalism yet.

2 Likes

Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by CSTR2: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
Gandollaar:
Fowler didn't increase any revenue!!
It was because of inflation at the period that made it look like there's increase and that has been debunked duely.
Don't mind them.
I just didn't bother replying the clown.

In dollar terms, Nigerian taxation revenue has dropped compared to the Jonathan era.

His removal was well deserved.

Let his people that he appointed go and fight for him if they are not pleased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by alfa0: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
Xisnin:

What exactly did the insider tell you?
That money was missing, inflated budget or what?

I don't get carried away by emotional tantrums if a writer cannot put a number to their claim
then they are a paid liar.

If you believe that Fowler is bad for FIRS, please bring out the figure to support your claim.

Don't come back with stubbornness or womanizing rumors, those are irrelevant, only the purse matters.
�.. Honestly, I don't have any personal problems with Fowler, but from what I learnt from friends who happens to be in management team of firs,...he rubbished his management team..

I heard he practically demoted all of them to just director for mouth..

If that is a good way of treating your management team ,I still don't know ,I will leave that for Management experts.

Like I said ,I don't have any business with firs boss..

I only related what I was told two years ago with this article then I compared it with what Jimoh Ibrahim did with NICON Management team.
Of course the rest is history.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Xisnin(m): 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
alfa0:

�.. Honestly, I don't have any personal problems with Fowler, but from what I learnt from friends who happens to be in management team of firs,...he rubbished his management team..

I heard he practically demoted all of them to just director for mouth..

If that is a good way of treating your management team ,I still don't know ,I will leave that for Management experts.

Like I said ,I don't have any business with firs boss..

I only related what I was told two years ago with this article then I compared it with what Jimoh Ibrahim did with NICON Management team.
Of course the rest is history.

It is wrong to compare Fowler with Jimoh.
NICON's problem wasn't personality issue of the boss.
If all Jimoh did was to made directors irrelevant while delivering results.
NICON will still be here today.

I have dealt with some ministeries.
When a government worker complains of not getting work or not recognized, it is never out
of patriotism or passion. Their real complaint is about being locked out of "entitled benefits"
such as job slots or awarding contracts.

Personal issues are not the right metric to judge a public official by.
Only 2 questions matter.
Was their performance below expectations?
Did they engage in illegal activity while at the helms?

If they pass those 2 questions, then they have succeeded regardless of what subordinates think.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by dcngr: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
This article is laddened with so much pain, hatred and detest for Fowler. I swear he must have cut the author from a painful spot.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Gandollaar(f): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
CSTR2:

Don't mind them.
I just didn't bother replying the clown.

In dollar terms, Nigerian taxation revenue has dropped compared to the Jonathan era.

His removal was well deserved.

Let his people that he appointed go and fight for him if they are not pleased.
I agree with you.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Gandollaar(f): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
dcngr:
This article is laddened with so much pain, hatred and detest for Fowler. I swear he must have cut the author from a painful spot.

The author is obviously paid, but he said the truth.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by Gandollaar(f): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
CSTR2:
If you have not worked in a Yoruba dominated Company, then you have not experienced tribalism yet.
I have. Thank God I could speak the language
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by DexterousOne(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
WiLdFLame:
This article is nothing but balderdash written by one scum head southwest hating nymph.

You guys are pained Fowler entranced the West Point in FIRS against the impoverished North point

The economy of the nation has always been pivoted by the WEST..the WEST are the Only sole largest contributor in the nation’s GDP yet you guys think you can take it all...Lagos especially contributed 60% of the whole nation FIRS work(tax money) the West generate 80% of the Nation’s GDP...2023 YORUBA WILL CORRECT ALOT OF INJUSTICE

“HE WHO PAY THE PIPER SHOULD DICTATE THE TUNES”

What is this one saying?
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by alfa0: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Xisnin:

It is wrong to compare Fowler with Jimoh.
NICON's problem wasn't personality issue of the boss.
If all Jimoh did was to made directors irrelevant while delivering results.
NICON will still be here today.

I have dealt with some ministeries.
When a government worker complains of not getting work or not recognized, it is never out
of patriotism or passion. Their real complaint is about being locked out of "entitled benefits"
such as job slots or awarding contracts.

Personal issues are not the right metric to judge a public official by.
Only 2 questions matter.
Was their performance below expectations?
Did they engage in illegal activity while at the helms?

If they pass those 2 questions, then they have succeeded regardless of what subordinates think.

Let's look at paragraph 1and 2 of your reply..

I happened to work under Jimoh Ibrahim indirectly,
When Jimoh Ibrahim assumed responsibility of NICON ,he came with his friends, they took over management of NICON from Well experienced directors who know the secrets of insurance.

They claimed they wanted to sanitise the system but I was expecting him to make someone a scape goat so that others who indulge in corrupt practices will change or take a bow.

He only diverted NICON funds for personal interest.at the end of the day,he was owing staff salaries and pension..he was owing claims..
He owned so many other things till date.

When you visit NICON now,it's a shadow of its self.

Now, to Fowler,I don't know him personally, but I heard and this article also stated that he came with his men in the name of fighting corruption,
But what did they do, they turned FIRS into a personal or family firm neglecting people who know the in and out of this establishment for years without indicting them of any corrupt practices.

Like I said, am not sure the practice of neglecting your management team will make any boss succeed..rather show clear signs .....make any person found wanting a scape goat,they rest of the team will adjust to your style immediately..
And you achieve your aim with their support...

That is the basics of my comparison and the point am trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2019
PeterUdeme:

Bros, you're embarrassing yourself. Okonjo Iweala did not 'bring' the Governor of CBN. don't rejoice in stupidity.
You said Zik brought igbos to head universities in the west then started telling story about Iweala and emefiele(obviously diverting a question) when asked about it, aren't you stupid?!
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by sweetgala(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2019
itsme01:
cool

trying to justify replacing him with a northerner by bad mouthing him... lol thank God Fowler fixed our people real good when he had oppurtunity

Last EFCC recruitment Katsina topped in the number of hired cadets, same as NNPC now Fowler repped us real good they are crying, He opped for effective consultants than redundant corrupt civil service and the result worked just fine moving us from 2.3trn to 5,8trn in revenue

Buhari situated the Transport University for the rail in Katsina and Osinbajo wey get sense situated the coach and wagon assembly and manufacturing plant in Ogun 50/50 nobody vex

You mustn't have read it till it's last paragraph.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by channel361: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2019
How to get MTN Xmas Promo 150mb to 30gb Data see here
https:///2sVeBFi
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by juman(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2019
Fake story.
Re: Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser by sangresan(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2019
CSTR2:

Lol. For the gullible minds who believe anything they read..

Mr man, why don't you provide examples of such companies and let Nigerians confirm....

We know the type of Nigerians who don't appoint people from other tribes into their companies. And if they head any publicly quoted company, they will make sure that any available post is filled with their kith and kin....Go to Lagos...Go to PH...Go to Abuja....Go to Taraba...Go to any state in Nigeria and ask them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila / Peter Obi And Yusuf Datti Live At The Palace Of Maimartaba Sarkin Of Ilorin. / We Wont Support Jonathan, He Can't Win - APGA Lagos Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.