Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal (40554 Views)

See A Car Constructed By Federal Polytechnic Idah Students (photo) / How Federal Universities Ignore Email Enquiries In Nigeria / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Trimque2k1(m): 8:23am On Dec 21, 2019
KingSatan:
sad
Satan Handy work
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by shugaboy6102(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2019
Our educational system has lost it. Wetin man no go see for jungle

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by WalkerMichael(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2019
Yemike:
You could have mailed them to correct the blunder but you choose to preach the gospel of their blunder to the whole world.

Way to go Naija??

You are obviously not a Nigerian or didn't school in a Nigerian institution
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by faithfull18(f): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2019
I once saw a poster from NCC where the communication in their name was misspelt.

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2019
Well I don't blame them wen I no say na gumbody be. The school
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by chocboi78(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2019
Someone said "na poly na" can anyone explain d meaning
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by anonimi: 8:25am On Dec 21, 2019
Baztardmods:
Wetin Buhari nogo cause for this country, everyone is mad

Because no one values education anymore. Just get a certificate, get a job, do no work and still get paid.
This is Nigeira.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2056178_buharrriii_jpegfa72c16ad1c41e9eed450be7ddf57e53

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by apholaryn: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2019
Authoreety:
Na poly na grin
lol let them catch u..na very stupid thing to say on your part tho cos the designer could be a Uni graduate.. cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by kenny160: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2019
Is an omissions from the programmer... Nothing serious... You can call them to order... Not to make fun of it... Outsiders are on nairaland watching stop making fool of ur country

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by ibietela2(m): 8:28am On Dec 21, 2019
The logo will cost 1M but na 200 e cost
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by mamatwiny(f): 8:28am On Dec 21, 2019
The student that made that Rrr payment will be expelled by the senate for shaming the school.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by wwwmaster: 8:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Not from the school, from the programmer but the work should have been thoroughly proof-read before publishing.
Thanks.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by CasNova: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2019
Let them do the needful correction asap.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by samteebiz3: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2019
The rector should be queried!
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Lordjb: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2019
Blame the programmer grin
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Penisman: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2019
Yemike:
You could have mailed them to correct the blunder but you choose to preach the gospel of their blunder to the whole world.

Way to go Naija??

Would they have done same if it were a student.

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by lexy2014: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2019
csnc:
@eneojoedu
How about the spelling of confirm in (COMFIRM payment).
You should edit your topic to reflect that too. Hopefully this gets seen by the relevant authorities.

Are d authorities relevant?
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by timota(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
That's is simply a minor typographical error from the website developer

As a software developer myself I hate it when client/people dwell mainly on minor typographical issue rather than functionality and speed, it shows their level of illiteracy

One question for the op: is the button functionality perfect, what about the response time, the people who develop that site may be far younger than op and many nairalanders or you think it's the rector that put it there
It is not minor or typographical, it is a blunder
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Reference(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2019
UnitedNigeriaUN:
Even BBC News website dey misspell sometimes.

We are all comfortable smoking cigars while seated on kegs filled with gunpowders.

Nigerians are sleeping in a roofless house while raining season is here.

They are coming for you and I,
they are coming to awash your history and heritage.

They are droving in in large numbers,
numbers large enough to conquer the South.

They are merciless,
they'll kill and maim without pity.

They will bring the war to the South,
there will be no escape.

The South must unite now,
else...

Hardly. This text sounds like a verbatim quote.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Jabioro: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2019
UncleSnr:
Are you kidding me? I wrote an email to FUTMinna requesting for the curriculum in a particular course, out of the two email addresses on the website, only one went through, after 1 year, I sent a reminder, till today, I have not gotten a response.
That's typical Nigerian customers service desk for you..
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Hoodbilonia: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2019
Thats what we are known for
Always forming english,u cant spell,u cant write.
Abegi
Like say na europe we dey
Fool
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Academicwizman(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2019
This is the outcome of employing incompetent staff. Here is another blunder on the website (see attached).

"Are you one of the selected candidate?"

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by beaversticks(m): 8:40am On Dec 21, 2019
Auto correct ke �

Please check my signature I sell quality plain and pattern materials delivery across Nigeria

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Finchmgh: 8:43am On Dec 21, 2019
Academicwizman:
This is the outcome of employing staff that are not competent. Here is another blunder on the website (see attached).

"Are you one of the selected candidate?"

Where is the blunder Located in that screenshot you uploaded?
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by nasoeb: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2019
Okpa042:
This is a national embarrassment...hei grin grin grin

Men are scum

Scum kwa!!!
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Psoul(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2019
psychologist:

Yen yen yen yen

How many Nigeria tertiary institution respond or even view her mails?

This is what happen when employ on padi padi other than merit level

However no one is above mistake

You are wrong my guy. I don't think it was due to padi-padi kind of contract that caused this.
This is just a mistake. If u go down a bit you will still see another place the word CONFIRM was correctly spelt. I believe the Acknowledgement may have bn written correctly somewhere else in that portal.

It can happen to anyone or institution.
I have had a situation where after writing something especially, when the content is large, I will proof read and beliv dat I've made every necessary corrections only to come back days after to find one or two errors.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Academicwizman(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2019
Finchmgh:

Where is the plunder Located in that screenshot you uploaded?

Are you one of the selected candidate? It should be candidates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Checked My Waec Result And It's Showing Outstanding / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers / 1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.