Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal (40556 Views)

See A Car Constructed By Federal Polytechnic Idah Students (photo) / How Federal Universities Ignore Email Enquiries In Nigeria / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Penisman: 8:47am On Dec 21, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
That's is simply a minor typographical error from the website developer

As a software developer myself I hate it when client/people dwell mainly on minor typographical issue rather than functionality and speed, it shows their level of illiteracy

One question for the op: is the button functionality perfect, what about the response time, the people who develop that site may be far younger than op and many nairalanders or you think it's the rector that put it there

Shut up dia, mumuni.

This is a degree awarding institution and not just a motor park association.

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Academicwizman(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2019
Psoul:

You are wrong my guy. I don't think it was due to padi-padi kind of contract that caused this.
This is just a mistake. If u go down a bit you will still see another place the word CONFIRM was correctly spelt. I believe the Acknowledgement may have bn written correctly somewhere else in that portal.

It can happen to anyone or institution.
I have had a situation where after writing something especially, when the content is large, I will proof read and beliv dat I've made every necessary corrections only to come back days after to find one or two errors.

Information that is meant for public consumption by a citadel of learning should be subjected to a thorough scrutiny.

Agreed. The programmer/developer might be responsible. It is the responsibility of the school to proofread and approve the contents before making it available on the school portal. There is always a way to upload contents on website subject to review before 'pressing the publish button'.

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 21, 2019
Aboki higher institution
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by BluntBoy(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2019
Everything on that webpage looks like a joke.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by eneojoedu(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2019
Academicwizman:
This is the outcome of employing incompetent staff. Here is another blunder on the website (see attached).

"Are you one of the selected candidate?"
no sir
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Academicwizman(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2019
eneojoedu:
no sir

Don't just say 'no sir'. Prove it! Perhaps, I'll learn a new thing today.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by eneojoedu(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2019
Academicwizman:

Don't just say 'no sir'. Prove it!
just noticed you are referring to another error. I Don manage finish school o
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by goshen26: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2019
Someone typed it, and error is inevitable.

Of could av just mail the guys in charge.

Don't know wat is wrong with us with phone, everyone want to become journalist.

That's how someone will loose sanity based on family issue, instead of us to help to nearest hospital we will begin to snap
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Enemyofpeace: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2019
Yemike:
You could have mailed them to correct the blunder but you choose to preach the gospel of their blunder to the whole world.

Way to go Naija??
you are a hypocrite looking for likes from fellow hypocrites
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by eneojoedu(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

As a software developer myself I hate it when client/people dwell mainly on minor typographical issue rather than functionality and speed, it shows their level of illiteracy

One question for the op: is the button functionality perfect, what about the response time, the people who develop that site may be far younger than op and many nairalanders or you think it's the rector that put it there
whats your point sir?
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2019
Nah YaYa BeLlo People
All they know is Cashew and Money
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by brainhgeek(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2019
It's obvious those are typos.
Truly they should have vetted the content before making it go online however, they should have been corrected privately rather than making their typo a public embarrassment
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Preator: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Finchmgh:

Where is the blunder Located in that screenshot you uploaded?
" ...you will LOOSE the chance...
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by southpole: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

The most important thing about website is the content and not functionality or layout. What is the use of a website with a very good functionality but weird or rubbish content?
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by southpole: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2019
brainhgeek:
It's obvious those are typos.
Truly they should have vetted the content before making it go online however, they should have been corrected privately rather than making their typo a public embarrassment
If it were from a core Northern school you wouldn't have suggested that it should have been privately corrected or attribute it to typo error
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Psoul(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2019
Academicwizman:

Information that is meant for public consumption by a citadel of learning should be subjected to a thorough scrutiny.

Agreed. The programmer/developer might be responsible. It is the responsibility of the school to proofread and approve the contents before making it available on the school portal. There is always a way to upload contents on website subject to review before 'pressing the publish button'.

In as much I agree with u to point, the error is not a deadly that requires this public attention.

It's just that we have too much time in this country that makes this kind of thing to thread in social media
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by rollydex: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2019
This is what you get when 48b is budgeted for Education and 37b for only one building
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2019
National disgrace!!

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by goody1shoe73(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2019
itsme01:
cool

even if their webmaster failed to proof read, cant staffs do that, this is why i use a proof reading site for all my works

PS: OP you better check your Nairaland previous post and be certain your Name or contacts isnt there, because Nairaland is the 2nd most visited site in nigeria and any school official can trace and fustrate you

Which is the first?

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by merits(m): 9:52am On Dec 21, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

abeg tell them,all this olodo op looking for fault everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by JackTiger: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2019
Their Website was hacked
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Patrioticman007(m): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2019
Shabaleen:
National disgrace!!

What is National about, the incompetency of the particular Tribe that are experts & gurus on Examinations Miracles Centers fake results. The tribe has single handedly corrupted our examination bodies, we all know them by their flat heads.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by eteforlor(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2019
eneojoedu:
Could this be auto correct at work? or......

This is a mistake from the Developer of the site,
It's common among Developers. You should have notified them instead of publishing it online.

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by badonkadonk: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2019
eneojoedu:

You do know they can trace you thru your payment reference right?
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by milemimi93(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2019
Common sense should tell you that is a typo.
eneojoedu:
KETTLE CALLING POT BLACK. WERE YOU NOT TAUGHT TO BEGIN A SENTENCE WITH CAPITAL LETTER?
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by indoorlove(m): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

Thank you for this post.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2019
eneojoedu:

There is nothing to fuse about. It's from the portal developer who focussed more on functionality than spelling.

Also, be aware that most programming IDE does not have spell check function

1 Like

Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by indoorlove(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2019
operationmoses:
Aboki higher institution
Ignorance. FPI is one of the high rated polytechnic in Nigeria.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by AfroBeatDiary: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2019
The PC alphabet "n" is not working at the moment of the coding.
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by brainhgeek(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2019
southpole:
If it were from a core Northern school you wouldn't have suggested that it should have been privately corrected or attribute it to typo error

This is obviously a typo. You saw that confirm was spelt twice. The first was errornous but the second was correct. If any higher institution in the north did this, I would have suggested the same thing.
Public basic education in the north is a mess and I have always spoken out against the system but you can't boldly say the same of tertiary institutions in the the north. BSU and UNIMAID are still one of the top universities in the nation. Kogi State University is as northern as Nasarawa State University and as eastern as Eastern as Benue State University. The state boarders many ethnic groups
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 21, 2019
Penisman:

Shut up dia, mumuni.

This is a degree awarding institution and not just a motor park association.

I know that's not the point but polythenic don't award degree
Re: How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal by dayorich: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2019
Rubbish submission.
So, because you're also a software developer, any useless or avoidable errors should be celebrated and/or overlooked.
Common now!!!

oluwaseyi000:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Checked My Waec Result And It's Showing Outstanding / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers / 1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.