Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,918 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

How Do You Pay For Domain Names? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do You Pay For Domain Names? (6062 Views)

Any Help To Make Payment For Domain Name Registration Offline / Why I choose Bodis.com as A Fraud for domain parking (my Experience) / How To Get Free Domains To Use For Adsense For Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2010
I see everybody here talking about website building and domain names.
But I want to ask this question: How do you pay for the domain names
that you buy, especially from the foreign providers.

I will very much like a reply about how to conveniently buy websites from
foreign and reputable resellers.
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by kanmy14: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2010
it is not difficult at all to pay for domain name. u can do that thru the merchant payment option. and once u made ur payment and its confirmed u will get what u pay for. some allow liberty reserve, some with paypal, some with credit card. it depend on the merchant u are dealing with
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
For example i want to buy on godaddy.com and, but it seems they accept credit cards.
I know some Nigerians buy domain names on godaddy.com, does anyone know how or where I can get the credit cards to buy on godaddy?
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by aabangs(m): 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2010
you can host with liberty reserve

it's available everywhere in Nigeria

can host with following sites

www.gossimer.com/

www.graficonet.net

www.xtraorbit.com

hostnesta.com

you can buy liberty reserve from www.enaira.net or call them on 08060937428

All the best
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by mastere3: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2010
Ok! Ok!! Ok!!

Before buying from outside Nigeria. Why not take a look into some reputable Nigeria Web Hosting company like www.vbhostnet.com
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by Seton(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
@poster, if credit card is your problem why not walk into Zenith Bank and ask for their websurfer, i learnt they have stop issuing it, unconfirmed though, you can ask for their dollar VISA CARD. or alternatively if you can wait for many days, or weeks, you can get GTB dollar MasterCard, you can use any of these to buy anything: hosting; domains from any where
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by Glidia: 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2011
I got the domain here http://www.zippozap.com/    its very useful & satisfy my expectations ,
it provides at cheap cost & very good in services ,
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by serverman: 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
I get my domains free with every hosting package from QServers.net. Hosting starts from N2,500 for 500mb web space. 99.9% server uptime and quality customer support.

You should try them also.
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by sinha: 6:20am On Apr 06, 2011
Hi you can buy domain names from resellers.I recently bought my domain name from
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by uthamaputi: 2:15am On May 31, 2011
Nice domain name related sharing,
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by SpikesC1: 4:52pm On May 31, 2011
Yes,dey don finish. Now my advice. Never buy hosting from resellers,for your own good ooo. All these naija hosts are shit,even some free hosting better pass am. Now, dnt buy from 1and1.com,justhost and some other shitty foreign hosts. Search the web for reviews,read so many of it. Go to there facebook pages and see what people and complaning there. My recommendation is godaddy.com,namecheap(for domain only),inmotionhosting and hostgator. For your benefit,use coupon codes. Sometimes you can even get a domain as low as $1. Godaddy is very good at it,thats why domain brokers use them. Namecheap's coupons comes out monthly while hostgator use coupons only at first purchase. Some ppl advice never to have your domains and hosting at a place,na dem sabi. Me i have most of mine at godaddy. But you can buy domains at godaddy nad host at hostgator.hostgator is fairly costly,though they have a promo now for 1cent for the first month. if you dont want much technical stuff,go for inmotionhosting,they are currently the world best.

For cards, go to GTB and collect master card or goto fidelity and collect Visa card. All in naira for your normal account.
If you can get paypal,verify it and use it very well,no probs but i dnt advice you to.it's very risky
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by SpikesC1: 7:46pm On May 31, 2011
Yes,dey don finish. Now my advice. Never buy hosting from resellers,for your own good ooo. All these naija hosts are shit,even some free hosting better pass am. Now, dnt buy from 1and1.com,justhost and some other shitty foreign hosts. Search the web for reviews,read so many of it. Go to there facebook pages and see what people and complaning there. My recommendation is godaddy.com,namecheap(for domain only),inmotionhosting and hostgator. For your benefit,use coupon codes. Sometimes you can even get a domain as low as $1. Godaddy is very good at it,thats why domain brokers use them. Namecheap's coupons comes out monthly while hostgator use coupons only at first purchase. Some ppl advice never to have your domains and hosting at a place,na dem sabi. Me i have most of mine at godaddy. But you can buy domains at godaddy nad host at hostgator.hostgator is fairly costly,though they have a promo now for 1cent for the first month. if you dont want much technical stuff,go for inmotionhosting,they are currently the world best.

For cards, go to GTB and collect master card or goto fidelity and collect Visa card. All in naira for your normal account.
If you can get paypal,verify it and use it very well,no probs but i dnt advice you to.it's very risky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by shawonlese: 8:41pm On May 31, 2011
Virtuoso,

i buy from Godaddy. Your Nigerian Mastercard or Visa card will not work with Godaddy. They do not accept it.

If you want to buy, let me know
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by gbenga77(m): 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
You can apply for Zenith Bank Websurfer Card. It is accepted everywhere in the world, and with $120 you will have $100 Credit Card. It is very fast to process and very easy.
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by nairaloye(m): 2:35am On Jun 07, 2011
You can buy domain names and web hosting account @ www.nairainternet.com
more so, you can pay in naira too.

http://nairainternet.com offer fantastic web service 24/7
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by TCDURU(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
Buy domain from us. Pay in Naira:

DuruSystems.com.ng

Instant registration/setup.
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by turn2honey: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2015
I simplified it here with explanatory images and proofs http://t2techblog.com/how-i-purchased-a-com-domain-at-1-from-godaddy/
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by victoreltemur: 3:41am On Jul 08, 2015
serverman:
I get my domains free with every hosting package from QServers.net. Hosting starts from N2,500 for 500mb web space. 99.9% server uptime and quality customer support.

bro,pls cn u help me wt ur contact...I chked out dt site but its a littl confusing..
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by victoreltemur: 3:42am On Jul 08, 2015
serverman:

pls I ll app if u cn reply me as sÓon a§ possi¡le.thnk u so much sir.
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by victoreltemur: 12:37am On Jul 18, 2015
serverman:

pls I m tryin d same naw,but I m runnig into problems wt d site...@ls cn u help me..
Re: How Do You Pay For Domain Names? by Chukatabra: 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
I Initially struggled to pay for mine due to the restrictions and all but found this article that really helped me: https://blog.changera.co/easily-pay-for-your-domain-name-with-changera-easydollar-card/

(1) (Reply)

We Are Giving Away 1 Free Personal Hosting Plan / How To Choose A Good Domain Name For Your Blog. / What To Do When Adsense Application Is Rejected On Grounds Of Graphic Content?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.