Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal (68312 Views)

Shekau Appoints Abu Muhammad As New War Commander, Kills Predecessor / THE NEW WAR AGAINST AFRICA’S CHRISTIANS - WALL STREET JOURNAL / Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Isinkwocha: 1:30am On Dec 23, 2019
Solorrman:
ogogoro drinking mouth,what do u know ? Yes Dan fodio was a jihadist that brought Islam to West Africa and yes he was fulani. U mean if Igbo man kill hausa people that means he is waging Christianity war against Islam ? The nomadic fulani are pagans just like u,they are a bit .
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
The fact is that it is Muslims like you who hide under the umbrella of unity and still cover your long term evil plot. Don't forget Usman Dan Fodio was a nomadic Fulani and that's why you'll always be their slave since you know not the truth. Man I'm in the known of the Islamic agenda and none of your naivety and lies can wash it under
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by AmuDimpka: 2:36am On Dec 23, 2019
rusher14:
I just conducted my research on the writer and to say I was surprised would mean I haven't began to understand the world and how it works.

First of all, Bernard Henri-Levy is French of Jewish ancestry - Proclaims himself to be Jewish.

He's banned from travel to Russia.

He was vociferous in the toppling of Ghadaffi in Libya and was touted as the person who convinced France to support the rebels in the ousting of Ghaddafi.

We know how that ended.

As Africans, we are being played and it is up to you to make your investigation.
so it was France that toppled Ghaddafi

The way you guys souund stupid is amazing
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by AmuDimpka: 2:37am On Dec 23, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
This thread was opened to shine light on the atrocities of Fulani using Islan to persecute and wipe out Christians.

Instead of focusing on this, some freaks have turned this into Yoruba vs Ibo competition....

Mods can you please delete these posts for derailing. Also going forward on these inputs ban any Yoruba vs Ibo contributor in addition to deleting their negative posts.
Thanks.

Yoruba Muslims would defend their masters... Trust them ! They wouldn't fail

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by azikiweironsi(m): 3:58am On Dec 23, 2019
monlawal:
My comment simply put is "Do not let à country that profits from war destabilise the unity we are trying to build."
"Do not let sour losers incite you to pick up arms, elections comes after every four years and you can make your choices through the ballot"
"Do not let à certain group who have been blocked from putting their hands into the cookie jar make their fight, your fight. They will benefit and you will not."

DON'T BE DECEIVED BY WHAT YOU READ ON THE MEDIA

May Almighty God bless you mightily.
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by azikiweironsi(m): 4:06am On Dec 23, 2019
sleemomymy:
THIS WRITE UP IS TAILORED TOWARDS DISTABILIZATION OF OUR DEAR COUNTRY. THE WRITER HAD SUDENLY FORGOTTEN THAT MUSLIMS WERE ALSO KILLED.
WE HAVE NO OTHER COUNTRY. WE THE ONLINE GLADIATORS SHOULD USE OUR SENSE. WE SHOULD NOT GIVE A ROOM FOR AN OUTSIDER TO DISTROY OUR HOME FOE US.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

You have said it all my brother.
God Bless you too.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by TooMuchStuff: 4:16am On Dec 23, 2019
Solorrman:
ogogoro drinking mouth,what do u know ? Yes Dan fodio was a jihadist that brought Islam to West Africa and yes he was fulani. U mean if Igbo man kill hausa people that means he is waging Christianity war against Islam ? The nomadic fulani are pagans just like u,they are a bit superior to u because they dnt believe in God at all ,u are the worst because u worship a guy instead of God . Jesus Christ was the only said God in history of mankind to be having a follow-come anus and penix of which only a deranged person would claim Jesus was a God . God never goes to toilet to shitt and urinate u better know the real God is far above such a disgusting mess ,God has the power to do all things but visiting toilet and eating food is embarrassment .
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Never met a stark illiterate Almajiri in Nairaland who quoted remark options with comment till I saw your ignoramus just now.
Have u ever seen God before?? What's your business if the almighty visits toilet or not?
This was how a psychiatric patient who was running wild in Arabia desert scorching Sun was branded a Prophet instead of tieing him with ropes and taken for some medications.
Today the world cannot have Peace cos of his mad works.

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by azikiweironsi(m): 4:38am On Dec 23, 2019
vannessa7:

This is the lie Igbo's have been training their children on right from the cradle, Yoruba's have a price indeed, if the situation have been reversed and the oil that was newly discovered in Nigeria then was located in the west would you people have wanted to separate, your accusation is on you because oil was your price and greed to keep to yourself what should rightfully belong to three region, you think when Awolowo came to himself he would not fight for our rights, the three region suffered under colonialism and got independence but you guys wanted to sit on the fruit of collective labour, just try and imagine if the oil had been in Yoruba land would ojukwu had let us go? Would he want to separate? His greed killed millions because as always he expected others to dance to his selfish tune, wrong calculation

As for those other people you mentioned, I'm sure your allegations are not correct but even if you are I will tell you this, Yoruba's don't do tribal or clan thing like you guys do, the same thing that made us most accommodating and civilised make us see everyone as equal and no sacred cow, a Yoruba man in making decision thinks about what the situation on ground is and not what tribe of the partied involve is, we will not support crime because its from a Yoruba and we will not put our own individual
interest, future, career, family etc aside because of tribal sentiment, that is why we will appoint an Igbo man to political office in our land if we feel he is competent enough and deserves it,

As for Awolowo commuting suicide, that is just another Igbo lie to sooth your ego, he died at old age and of natural courses, be educated
You are a true Historian. Highly intelligent and very apt in your write-up.
They still harbour the bitterness against a tribe for not supporting their moves in the last election. Since then they referred to us as betrayal. But they forgot that they had the same way supported Shagari a Northerner in Second regime( NPN) and heads were not rolled. Nobody called them all manners of names, Nigeria was not called Zoo. No marginalization etc.
Confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 5:27am On Dec 23, 2019
nasoeb:

Jonathan? What is jonathan doing in this equation? Who cares he is President or not, voted out or not, something remains obvious, that he will someday definitely leave aso rock. So we care less.
And for the name, thats why I said brain of your kibd cant comprehend or decipher the word "Username" bro it is not native or middle name.
For power rotation, power can stay or go wherever it is, they are all "legitimate Nigerians" unlike some dung producing, usman dan fodio burnt offering kinsmen.

From your vituperation, you are in sifia pain...

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by gaskiyamagana: 5:31am On Dec 23, 2019
Xisnin:
Not surprised.
The Jihadists have the backing of the goverment.
While the CJN is fighting for jihad through legal means the invaders are doing theirs through killings.

Many of these foreign "bandits" are now into kidnapping on highways for the time being while waiting
for further instructions.
Lying Muhammed or lying Matthew?
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by gaskiyamagana: 5:36am On Dec 23, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Never met a stark illiterate Almajiri in Nairaland who quoted remark options with comment till I saw your ignoramus just now.
Have u ever seen God before?? What's your business if the almighty visits toilet or not?
This was how a psychiatric patient who was running wild in Arabia desert scorching Sun was branded a Prophet instead of tieing him with ropes and taken for some medications.
Today the world cannot have Peace cos of his mad works.

THINK NOT I COME TO BRING PEACE TO EARTH BUT A SWORD Matthew 19 :34.
Matthew or /Jesus is mad based on quotation above, never Muhammad.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Maol(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2019
MaNyEsq:

First of all, you have no concept of what treason is. Secondly, you're speaking from both sides of your mouth. According to the United Nations Chapter VII: Article 51 -“Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of the individual or collective self-defense if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Moreso, it's the inherent right of any person to defend himself when attacked. Hence, Christians have every GOD given right to pick up arms and defend themselves by any means necessary. The Nigerian Constitution prohibits an individual from bearing arm, so why allow only the Fulanis to bear arm? Are they above the law? What has the government done about the mass killings by these invaders? Has any perpetrator been arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law? If the answers to the above questions are in the negative, then that's government tacit approval of killings. So, please do not use words that you have no understanding of its meaning.
Treason is an act of war against the state or government. You said people should be given gun to fight the herdsmen and govt. I don't care about herdsmen but government is a treason offence. You can defend your self but if it is with gun they will be more harm than good. Seriously have you seen any community with a lot of guns and they is peace, they are people every were. When people get guns they will use it for they are not meant to use it for even against their own religion people. Then if you watch NTA very well a lot of them have been caught. Even the with the once that kill herdsmen and use their cows to cause evil. You can say NTA bias but if it is not true they will not show them with their weapons and cows.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by TooMuchStuff: 6:47am On Dec 23, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

THINK NOT I COME TO BRING PEACE TO EARTH BUT A SWORD Matthew 19 :34.
Matthew or /Jesus is mad based on quotation above, never Muhammad.
Christians are epitome of Universal Peace. Fact.
This you cannot claim as mushlems. Fact.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by chewwie(m): 6:56am On Dec 23, 2019
tstx:
Typical of Ndi Oyibo.. Always spewing trash about the African Continent... Very inconsiderate people

There's no war against Africa's Christians
I wish I could give you an ounce of brain cells this Christmas, as you clearly have none.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by chewwie(m): 7:01am On Dec 23, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

They claim Islamic terrorism is done by Muslim extremists while claiming Islam is a religion of peace. Ideally, Muslim extremists are supposed to be extremely peaceful, because they act on the tenets and doctrines of the religion of peace (Islam).
It's like a Christian extremist going around killing people he hates, when the Bible tells us to pray for our enemies and hate no one. A Christian extremist would be extremely Christ-like.
All in all, Islam isn't a religion of peace, it's one of war, hatred, killings, terror.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by akdjr(m): 7:43am On Dec 23, 2019
Read your Bible ver well and see how people were being killed in the name of Gods instruction. I don't understand Arabic to have pick up koran and read. But I am sure both Islam and Christianity share same background. The both religion is alien to us and it should be banned or their activities should be restricted. quote author=franchasng post=85128167]stop mentioning Christians alongside Muslims, be bold and call out the evil religion and stop being scared.

Do Christians invade remote communities to kill, destroy and take over their land Christians only spread good news and preach love and prosperity. Why can't Muslims focus on serving their so called god and let others live in peace[/quote]
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Maol(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2019
Kingspin:
The story told above can only come from one religion in Nigeria. There is big different.

Both Christain and Muslims have a history, past but the Christians has find a way to come out but the Muslims has refused, instead expanded. Killing killing killing.

In Nigeria no history of Christian militia or group going about solely to attack or kill Muslims.

So, as it stands today there is big different.

I have an opportunity to interview very young Muslims, about Christians. I found out that the big problem with Muslims is wrong teaching. That day I realised the reason Christians are be attacked on a daily base. And sad enough their leaders official and non-official are supporting it.

Believe or not what is happening in Nigeria esp in the North will make anyone shade tears. Most of the news are not even reported.
Is Fulani herdsmen are associated with Islam then Niger delta militants should be associated with Christianity. I have talked to Christians to but they pretend to like Muslims but they don't really like Muslims. Some will abuse Muslims in front of me because they think I am not a Muslim. My friend families who are Muslims relocated from the North to Osun state because of crises.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by nasoeb: 8:11am On Dec 23, 2019
MoIbrahim:

From your vituperation, you are in sifia pain...
Take it from me, someday very soon, fulanis will regret ever being Nigerians.
Remember Ijaws dont boost.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Blackking98(m): 9:41am On Dec 23, 2019
helinues:
Which war against Christians?

Do Christians love themselves? Cos me Wondering why Catholics wont marry an Anglican... Or is it Pentecostal that have vowed not to have anything to do with Celestial church?

If Una don deceive Una self finish, make we know

Modified : Why do religious people get aggressive whenever there religious beliefs are been questioned? Still on the questioning

Abi why the attacks on my innocent questions.. Stay clear or ban awaits attacking comments
They're talking about people murdering other's on religious beliefs and you're here talking about petty intra religious quarrel.can Iran ( shia,) and Saudi (Sunni) ever agree on Anything? Even Saudi prefers to side with Israel than Iran and you're here talking nonesense. People are dying and you're comparing it with little political squabble that ends in quarrel and nothing more on the other hand this one's are murdering people and plan on murdering more and you're not addressing the issue. Sometimes I wonder if humans have concience at all
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Blackking98(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2019
Dpharisee:
Sadly, the SW foisted this continuing disaster on Nigerians which TY Danjuma has stated that they are now scared and afraid to speak.
It's sad, that people who see themselves as sophisticated can allow hate for Igbos to becloud their sense of judgement.
I am not trying to be tribalistic but we must admit to have made mistakes in other to chat a new course.
We in the North see Yorubas as not doing anything to help minority tribes against Fulanis.
Attempts by Igbos to raise their voices is brutally crushed using federal might controlled by Buhari.
Christian southern soldiers are being decimated gradually under the guise of fighting Boko Haram and the media in Lagos has lost its voice to say it as it is.
On point comment. God bless u

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by bilulu(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2019
mvem:
bokoharam are not made of Fulani. I see a lot of Ignorant post here. Boko haram fighters are mostly kanuris from the borno/yobe axis. Shekau, Mohammed Yusuf etc are all kanuris. Many Muslim don't even take nomadic Fulanis as Muslims because they hardly pray or observe Islamic rules. You guyz won't know this but want to believe whatever you want....funny enough there are many Fulani Christians in the Adamawa axis
Many muslims don’t take nomads as muslims but they can lead prayers in the mosque while a Yoruba muslim can not.... my brother which ever way you want to argue it they re all Fulanis and they re the head of Islam in Nigeria
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2019
nasoeb:

Take it from me, someday very soon, fulanis will regret ever being Nigerians.
Remember Ijaws dont boost.

After you don "boost" finish abi?
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 10:32am On Dec 23, 2019
nasoeb:

Jonathan? What is jonathan doing in this equation? Who cares he is President or not, voted out or not, something remains obvious, that he will someday definitely leave aso rock. So we care less.
And for the name, thats why I said brain of your kibd cant comprehend or decipher the word "Username" bro it is not native or middle name.
For power rotation, power can stay or go wherever it is, they are all "legitimate Nigerians" unlike some dung producing, usman dan fodio burnt offering kinsmen.

Bro, is this how easily things pain you?

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by mvem(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2019
bilulu:

Many muslims don’t take nomads as muslims but they can lead prayers in the mosque while a Yoruba muslim can not.... my brother which ever way you want to argue it they re all Fulanis and they re the head of Islam in Nigeria
Fulanis are categorized into 2.we have the urban Fulani and the nomadic ones you see roaming with their cows. The nomadic ones embibe Islam and fetish beliefs they had before coming of Islam. The core ones like the woodabe hardly even practise the Islam and are known to follow their code of conduct called Pulaku e.g an eye for an eye etc...These ones you say that lead prayers ain't nomadic fulanis. I won't come here and defend the fulanis for their crimes but I want to clarify things for you. Yes they are all fulanis and I am not disputing that.The nomads though are more archaic and still hold strongly their culture which makes them different with the other fulanis...and I have to business with yoruba Muslims, it is a different thing you are talking about
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by calabardick(m): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Very true! People are steadily being put on notice that fulani will come for you, if not today, sometime soon. Anyone caught unprepared should blame himself. In fact i believe we are already slow by waiting for the attack. Opponents of fulani should be preemptive and give a no-go warning to ban fulani entry into their land. Any fulani violator will be viewed as an attacker and instantly taken down.

He has given them free entry into the country already.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by bilulu(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
mvem:
Fulanis are categorized into 2.we have the urban Fulani and the nomadic ones you see roaming with their cows. The nomadic ones embibe Islam and fetish beliefs they had before coming of Islam. The core ones like the woodabe hardly even practise the Islam and are known to follow their code of conduct called Pulaku e.g an eye for an eye etc...These ones you say that lead prayers ain't nomadic fulanis. I won't come here and defend the fulanis for their crimes but I want to clarify things for you. Yes they are all fulanis and I am not disputing that.The nomads though are more archaic and still hold strongly their culture which makes them different with the other fulanis...and I have to business with yoruba Muslims, it is a different thing you are talking about
Oga forget all the grammars and categorizations. The fact still remain the elite Fulanis prefer the nomads more than non Fulanis. They re all muslims. Have you heard any Fulani speaks against the nomads? They won’t because they re same.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by sissoko22(m): 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Again, Christians dont hate muslims. The whole country now hate a fulanization and islamization agenda by Northerners.

This is targeted at Fulani, not muslims. Stand alone and defend yourself rather than seeking shelter under a muslim fraternity.

Muslims don't and will not hate Christians, the narratives by Western and local media to generalise or represent the entire population of Muslims across the globe or here in Nigeria for a stup*d action of one mutalib or a group of deranged basta#d is crazy and having Christian population buying into the narrative is worrisome.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by mvem(m): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
bilulu:

Oga forget all the grammars and categorizations. The fact still remain the elite Fulanis prefer the nomads more than non Fulanis. They re all muslims. Have you heard any Fulani speaks against the nomads? They won’t because they re same.
they haven't spoken much against them because they are same ethnic group
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
Maol:

Treason is an act of war against the state or government. You said people should be given gun to fight the herdsmen and govt. I don't care about herdsmen but government is a treason offence. You can defend your self but if it is with gun they will be more harm than good. Seriously have you seen any community with a lot of guns and they is peace, they are people every were. When people get guns they will use it for they are not meant to use it for even against their own religion people. Then if you watch NTA very well a lot of them have been caught. Even the with the once that kill herdsmen and use their cows to cause evil. You can say NTA bias but if it is not true they will not show them with their weapons and cows.

I am not certain if you actually understand the meaning of treason because if you do, then taking up arms to defend yourself or your family from an armed invader is not treason. Treason by dictionary definition is the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. So from the above definition, I do not see where it states that defending one's self from armed invaders is treason. I know people like to throw words around but I suggest that you should at least understand the true meaning of a word before you start labeling people as being treasonous.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by degamemaster(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
Electricals:

The guy you're calling 'Nwokem' is a Yoruba Muslim, you should know him here, go through his posts

Stop trying to be smart. Nigerian fulani northern Muslims are majority killers and destroyers of lives and properties and their Yorubas brothers are their main supporters hence, it is safe to call you all violent people and that is what the USA have just done. Sue them if you don't agree with them.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by gaskiyamagana: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

With or without Biblical Matthew 19 :34?
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Kingspin(m): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
Maol:
Is Fulani herdsmen are associated with Islam then Niger delta militants should be associated with Christianity. I have talked to Christians to but they pretend to like Muslims but they don't really like Muslims. Some will abuse Muslims in front of me because they think I am not a Muslim. My friend families who are Muslims relocated from the North to Osun state because of crises.
Open your l mind! What is the mission of Niger Delta militants? Or even IPOB? Are both group going inside mosques or Muslim community to kill innocent people, baby and pregnant women? No and No.

Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen target as far as victims is concern are largely Christians and their community or land. From Kaduna South, Adamawa, Jos, in Borno state only one 2 churches are standing the rest destroyed by extremists. Cheered by many of their supporters. Reported early this year.
How there you compare Niger Delta militants to Boko haram or Al Quada?

You claim they are not Muslims i agree but they were formed from Muslims. in fact i call them another branch of Muslim.

We have also read, noticed and track the double standard of FG, Nigerian security agencies and elite from the North.

I like Muslim but i hate killing.

I wanna see Muslims restrict their religion only among themselves and stop killing people for no reason.

Then things will change between Muslims and non-Muslims and watch Nigeria grow.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Mrexcell(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
iykecicero:
Lagos, Nigeria:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-war-against-africas-christians-11576880200

Picture 1 - Bernard-Henri Lévy speaks to Fulani men in Nigeria. PHOTO: GILLES HERTZOG

Its only very dumb, stack illitetates, imbeciles and foolish people will ever believe that their ethnic group have the abilities to islamize and conquer the whole modern day nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Lawan Leads Senators To Orji Kalu’s Residence (Photos) / Who Will Be The Next First Lady Of Nigeria? / Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.