Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day (26262 Views)

Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. / What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by femi4: 9:03am On Dec 22, 2019
Be thankful
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by tstx(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2019
freethinker01:

If we're fair in out dealings with each other, this country would have been a better place but we all preach love and have nothing to show for it.
It's quite pathetic!

True... But there are still some of us who are always fair in our dealings with other people
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by freethinker01: 9:14am On Dec 22, 2019
tstx:

True... But there are still some of us who are always fair in our dealings with other people
Talking of fair, how many people?
Most of us hide under the guise of religion to perpetrate most despicable and heinous crimes... What I experience on a daily basis has made me to totally give up. It's just too much
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Abilistic(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2019
Nice
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by tstx(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2019
freethinker01:

Talking of fair, how many people?
Most of us hide under the guise of religion to perpetrate most despicable and heinous crimes... What I experience on a daily basis has made me to totally give up. It's just too much

True.. But you shouldn't give up.. Just learn from your experiences and adapt

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by midnighter(f): 9:49am On Dec 22, 2019
freethinker01:

Of course, it's easier said than done, but ideally, we all preach love and do the opposite. Not even love, if we're fair in out dealings with each other, this country would have been a better place but we all preach love and have nothing to show for it.
It's quite pathetic!

What you need to understand is that human beings are naturally wicked. So it is futile to preach love in a LAWLESS country and expect people not to pick and choose when to put it into practice.

Societies that thrive more than ours do so not because the people in them are any more "civilised" or "loving" than us but because their society operates on the basis of an orderly system that curbs the excesses of its citizens and forces them to be normal.

If we really loved ourselves and believed in the "love" that we preach, we would properly implement laws and policies that would make our society better as a whole rather than leaving a moral vacuum in which individuals are left to their own devices.

The average person aims for self-preservation if he can get away with it. So people will be fair in their dealings with each other when they are inculcated with moral values from the top-down and reliably punished when they deviate from them

Just like you cant take a bath with a bucket full of mud and expect to come out clean, you cant preach love in a society devoid of order and expect people to practise it sensibly because the limits of their individual agencies have not been clarified.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Firebomber: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Pray everyday that London doctors inject Buhari with a killer chemical or Polonium 210 poisoning from Russia angry

Don't you guy have something better to do with your life?
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Firebomber: 9:53am On Dec 22, 2019
HandOverMouth:
Christianity is now like alien religion to me

Is meant meant for everybody bro.
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Imstrong2(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2019
Be thankful always, I thank God always, thanks giving is an act of faith. It's perfect, preserve and multiply our blessings
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Bahamas95(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2019
Obamclothimg02:
Give to less privileged
Give to church for building purpose and welfare

Good news pant trousers for male and corporate office shirts E.g Tm-Lewin and Next designer in wholesale and retail purchase.The brands available are top Europe designers.Any colour kindly dm Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.
2k pere
Dm for instant delivery �

Pant trousers

Shirts �
Less privileged no problem, but to church I can't. Nor be my money pastor go take flex
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by BabilConsults: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2019
Who makes the rules

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by kingjrofficial(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2019
motionarena:
Bang enough kpekus
common sense isn't common
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by matiandu(m): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2019
Praying for people to be save is our everyday work as a Christian.
Soul winning which means turning souls into righteousness is a very important thing every Christian must do.
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by pnarthanyl: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2019
rentAcock:
I hate to judge because I'm not perfect either but I cannot stand people who go clubbing on Saturday but then turn to serious worshippers on sunday. That is the height of hypocrisy because its is glaringly obvious to everyone that you are not a true believer.
for we've all sinned and come short of the glory of God. You don't knw the agreement between those people and God, just maintain your non judgmental lifestyle. Bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Timelessfashion: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2019
https:///Kq4Qdrjo85F2O6hNrGSKmU

Join my preorder group where u can preorder fashion items directly imported from China. It's what you order that you get. Preorder takes 14- 17 days to get to you. Such as bags ,shoes, cloth, wristwatch, earrings, sunglasses etc. Wholesalers are highly welcome and should send me a direct message. Delivery to your location is not free.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by DerickCO(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2019
And if you are Catholic always pray your Rosary. wink
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2019
There is something you are missing.

AwkaetitiBabe:
1 and 2 can be tedious. Like I wanna pray and I start yawning anyhow undecided The devil is a liar!
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Samuels90: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
1 and 2 can be tedious. Like I wanna pray and I start yawning anyhow undecided The devil is a liar!
True, the devil knows that's the weapon we have for victory and always try to make us weak when we want to pray et al.. God help us all!

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by blesoh(f): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
The reading of Bible is always my weak point even when I have it in my phone, rather I keep browsing and browsing, God help me
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2019
I agree.
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Liposure: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
honey, Y dont u start small by reading small portions of d bible n praying short prayers.dat won't take much of time.am not a regular churchboy. just an advice.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by tikristinimi21: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
Obamclothimg02:
Give to less privileged
Give to church for building purpose and welfare

Good news pant trousers for male and corporate office shirts E.g Tm-Lewin and Next designer in wholesale and retail purchase.The brands available are top Europe designers.Any colour kindly dm Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.
2k pere
Dm for instant delivery �

Pant trousers

Shirts �

How can we DM you without your number?
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Obamclothimg02(m): 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
tikristinimi21:

How can we DM you without your number?
Click my profile u see my whatapps number
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by stanliwise(m): 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

What is right about it?.. You drink, dance lewd songs and womanize in clubs, how is that godly?.. Shun all appearance of evil
stop being overly religious, do you know they have good club wherr none of what you said exist. The act you mentioned are the wrongs not going to clubbing.
of course majority of people who go clubbing does this things but then an then again, don't generalise it.

Mind you, drinking isn't a sin, smoking isn't either. The negative effects of drinking and smoking is what is sinful and this involves getting drunk, becoming irresponsible, loss of mind and health etc

Be guided

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
Liposure:
honey, Y dont u start small by reading small portions of d bible n praying short prayers.dat won't take much of time.am not a regular churchboy. just an advice.
Thank u
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
Wolgrace:
There is something you are missing.

What's that
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by midnighter(f): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

What is right about it?.. You drink, dance lewd songs and womanize in clubs, how is that godly?.. Shun all appearance of evil

Im actually in 2 minds about this.

We are taught not to stay in an "un-Christian" environment; this includes nightclubs.

At the same time, theres nothing inherently wrong with going and chilling with your friends in a classy, clean nightclub and behaving yourself is there

I think having an outing can be harmless depending on how you go about it
Re: 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day by dochenaj: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
rentAcock:
I hate to judge because I'm not perfect either but I cannot stand people who go clubbing on Saturday but then turn to serious worshippers on sunday. That is the height of hypocrisy because its is glaringly obvious to everyone that you are not a true believer.
Unfortunately a great deal of Nigerian Christians are hypocrites.

What about those that return from church and head to their boyfriends/girlfriends cum sin partners and end the day with an act of fornication?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret Behind MFM Fire Prayers And Why You Must Start Praying Them / The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / Throwback Picture Of Adeboye And Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.