Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car (59847 Views)

Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Private Car in 1979 (photo) / Lockdown: Makinde To Relax Curfew, Secretariat Reopens On Monday / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by happney65: 12:22am On Dec 23, 2019
habeesola:
OYO AND OSUN PLANNING LAUTECH DIVORCE

This is funny.

What is Funny about that?That is the best way out of the Quagmire..Osun isnt that interested in the school anymore while the lives of students are kept on unnecessary hold..Osun already has a state university..while Oyo does not have any which we handle 100%..so the best is to divorce from Osun 100% and leave it to Oyo to handle 100% if that is what will solve the issue of the incessant strikes..

So what is funny please?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by ceaser: 2:44am On Dec 23, 2019
Abeg, are you sure this Seyi Makinde isn't an alien from space disguised as a Nigerian politician?

This is a lot of "anomalies" that will make other Nigerian politicians to be at unease.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 23, 2019
Magicians:
The same Ibadan I lived several years after finishing from OSU ?!
I'm not his fan but I could confirm what pple say about him. I used to supply a popular pharmacy at orita bashorun back in the days. Ibadan is big and if u dont move around, you might not know much about the ancient city.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by jp130(m): 4:40am On Dec 23, 2019
Nice man, check my signature and dm me
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by barnabas123: 4:57am On Dec 23, 2019
It is now the South west has gotten a progressive Governor. The others are oppressive Governors claiming to be progressive.

It not by propaganda it is by actions speaking louder than voice.

quote author=References post=85120950]

https://www.thecable.ng/to-pay-13th-month-salary-still-using-his-private-car-7-lessons-from-seyi-makindes-media-chat/amp [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by laurel03(m): 5:53am On Dec 23, 2019
ajl:

Ajimobi that collected N5 Billion from the state account and spent it until it remained N19k just 3 weeks before leaving office. Under Ajimobi, there were 60 bank accounts being operated by the state govt officials. Just imagine the leakages.
but seyi said he melt billons in the 60 account. seriously aside salary seyi never serious with government
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by laurel03(m): 5:54am On Dec 23, 2019
victorogundepo0:
Now I believe you can’t rule to please everybody

Ajimobi enter government, you complain

Same with Seyi makinde

I believe Seyi is still the best governor have seen so far in oyo state
Aside salary this guy still doing Audio governance
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by laurel03(m): 6:05am On Dec 23, 2019
lilwetdick:

but that is nothing, states and some companies do it,

oyo state isnt london, oyo state cant even maintain and sustain a motor park talk less of a state

oyo state internl onthly revenue is just 2.7 billion
monthly federal allocation is just 4.2 billion

what does oyo produce nothin. the state is a dead state
what do you mean by dead state.. companies in Oyo pay taxes and they have other means they generated money and can improve more if Oyo ready for good governance
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by laurel03(m): 6:06am On Dec 23, 2019
PrayerSlayer1:

He said the state finance was in bad shape when he took over. Maybe, the former governor was borrowing to do all that. But GSM ain't gonna borrow
He has borrowed almost 20 billion now
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by laurel03(m): 6:14am On Dec 23, 2019
Toosure70:
Na wa o. So make people dey endanger their lives on road because of trading abi?
dont mind people... all major road now in Ibadan are messed up because of lawlessness... they turn main road to shop
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by crafteck(m): 6:45am On Dec 23, 2019
youngsahito:
This is how a politician should think

I said he is the best and people were bashing me
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by qazeemj(m): 6:56am On Dec 23, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Ajumobi paid 13th months for 3yrs in the first tenure.he also completed alot of infrastructural projects.when is seyi going to emulate ajumobi in delivering infrastructural projects.
GSM doesn't have any thing to over us
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2019
One of the handful of politicians who seems to have integrity. I hope he keeps up the pace. This is the kind of forward looking thrifty governor needed everywhere. I hope he goes far in politics after his governorship 2nd term is over; assuming he retains his integrity.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 23, 2019
he is still on probation, wait till 6 months into his tenure, he deduct that 13th month from their pay.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Magicians: 8:49am On Dec 23, 2019
What people say about him like what they said about the ponmo cutter too na ?!
fairfora:
I'm not his fan but I could confirm what pple say about him. I used to supply a popular pharmacy at orita bashorun back in the days. Ibadan is big and if u dont move around, you might not know much about the ancient city.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by darealez(m): 9:21am On Dec 23, 2019
Cajal:
..GSM IS A MEDIAL GOVERNOR
NOTHING ON GROUND OTHER THEN LIGHTENING PART OF THE STREET, XMAS DECORATION
EVEN 13TH MONTH... AJIMOBI ALSO PAID THIS IN HIS FIRST 3 YRS BEFORE ECONOMIC MELTDOWN
One thing about Nigerians is that we're always blind to indications. It's like we deliberately choose not to think. You mentioned meltdown, the same meltdown the government inherited from one grandfather who insisted there was no money to pay workers? retirees their entitlements? Or even finance a free for all basic education?

Since you have decided to be particularly blind to indications, creating a future doesn't come with building roads alone. I'm not interested in the comparison of some 8yrs with a less than 6month administration. Ajimobi's first term was excellent but let him tell us where Seyi is getting the money he said wasn't available.

The blind can see this, The deaf has heard this...

Nothing can be done to the dead, they can neither think, see, hear or speak

Everything shouldn't be about what party you pay obeisance to after all.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by MizzPhoney(f): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2019
I'm already crying for the state. Just like Lagos, this man won't last.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by IceColdVeins(m): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2019
I love you...no homo
RealSleek:

That’s the problem with you guys is that you think development is all roads and bridges.. even a brainless governor can do that.. ,in fact they need stupid projects to make themselves richer...how has that affected people’s life personally.. right now Oyo road is okay.. good policies that will alleviate poverty and improve lives for generations is what we need.

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Gunayo(m): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2019
Sannisege:
So according to the headline, this mofo is yet to pay the miserable 13th month salary.
What is wrong with you? Can't you read or understand what he said? He said his going to pay the 13th month salary on 28th of December. Is it 28 already? Wait till that day if he didn't pay as promised then you can insult him. I guess you are not a civil servant and you are not from the state that's why you are so pained that your governor can't do the same.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Gunayo(m): 10:36am On Dec 23, 2019
quentin06:
he is still on probation, wait till 6 months into his tenure, he deduct that 13th month from their pay.
You must be mentally lazy to have said this rubbish.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gunayo:

And you must be mentally handicapped to think that people should not have a contrary view to your irresponsible comments.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by toba1909(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
This guy can lie!
The 2019 armoured Lexus LX570 Ajimobi bought for him few days to the inauguration nko?

I don't expect less from him though���
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by ceaser: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2019
MizzPhoney:
I'm already crying for the state. Just like Lagos, this man won't last.

Well, he just might not go thru the same travails as Ambode did.

Unlike the latter, he has no godfather breathing down his neck. Also Oyo people are lucky that Ajimobi did not sign into law in the twilight of his administration, pension/salary for life!

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by ceaser: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gunayo:

On the contrary, he displayed adequate mental capacity of deduction.

There have been precedences (Fayose once paid 3 month's salary he was owing at once, but later instructed that the remaining two months be immediately deducted by the banks, saying that payment of the 3 month's salary at once was an error from the Accountant General; about two months ago, the salaries Fayemi paid civil servants were short of an average of 5k and up till date, no explanations for the short pay have been given) and an average Nigerian politician is evil personified, scheming evil and all manner of indecency and cheating. So it isn't outta place if he deduces that if the right hand is used to give the 13th month salary, the left hand will somewhat be used to take it back. And until such time that Makinde proves his critics wrong that he isn't of that same stock, the poster has a right to his doubts.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by ceaser: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
Gunayo:

There have been precedences (Fayose once paid 3 month's salary he was owing at once, but later instructed that the remaining two months be immediately deducted by the banks, saying that payment of the 3 month's salary at once was an error from the Accountant General; about two months ago, the salaries Fayemi paid civil servants were short of an average of 5k and up till date, no explanations for the short pay have been given) and an average Nigerian politician is evil personified. So it isn't outta place if he deduces that if the right hand is used to give the 13th monthbsalary, the left hand will somewhat be used to take it back. And until such time that Makinde proves his critics wrong that he isn't of that same stock, the poster has a right to his doubts.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Gunayo(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
ceaser:

There have been precedences (Fayose once paid 3 month's salary he was owing at once, but later instructed that the remaining two months be immediately deducted by the banks, saying that payment of the 3 month's salary at once was an error from the Accountant General; about two months ago, the salaries Fayemi paid civil servants were short of an average of 5k and up till date, no explanations for the short pay have been given) and an average Nigerian politician is evil personified. So it isn't outta place if he deduces that if the right hand is used to give the 13th monthbsalary, the left hand will somewhat be used to take it back. And until such time that Makinde proves his critics wrong that he isn't of that same stock, the poster has a right to his doubts.
This governor l know will not do that. Bookmark this post.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by CodeTemplar: 12:48am On Dec 24, 2019
Aregbesola too once paid 13th month salary when oil prices was high and claimed his people are too poor to be taxed but later denied same people their salary when oil prices dipped. We never learn.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by traihit: 6:31am On Dec 24, 2019
ajl:

Ajimobi that collected N5 Billion from the state account and spent it until it remained N19k just 3 weeks before leaving office. Under Ajimobi, there were 60 bank accounts being operated by the state govt officials. Just imagine the leakages.

But GSM also mentioned that his government got N6 Billion when those 60 bank accounts were joined together. One thing that worries me is the malicious propaganda being spread against his predecessor even though we know Ajimobi had his faults. To me, we citizens should be wiser now and avoid making gods and goddesses out of our politicians. This way, they'll learn to respect us. As much as I was displeased with Ajimobi's government in Oyo, he really set a high standard for his successors and it's up to GSM to beat that standard and set a higher one. We don't expect anything less. But he needs to stop making it look like Ajimobi is the worst devil Oyo State has ever had though in terms of transparency and accountability to the people, so far GSM is winning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / How APC Senators Were Welcomed To PDP After Defecting (Photos) / Labour Party & APC Supporters Exchange Greetings After Meeting At Bariga, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.