Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car (59826 Views)

Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Private Car in 1979 (photo) / Lockdown: Makinde To Relax Curfew, Secretariat Reopens On Monday / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by happney65: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
My Govornor..soft spoken and a Man of little words but full of action

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Makydebbie1(f): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good Development
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
G
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
I've got no doubt from day one that the guy would perform. He's a man of the people. Long before he dreamt of becoming a governor, his streets at orita bashorun in ibadan has always been lit and maintained by him. Everybody around there always had a feel of xmas and Eid celebrations.

What some pdp governors would do and make less noise, their apc counterparts would go to the media and celebrate for a month and guess what...they'd still not fulfill their promise. grin

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2019
Magicians:
This is what is called propanGandi e senior ganda.
I doubt if you know makinde. Go to Ibadan and find out about his good will 10 before he became governor. He's not a hungry man

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Flier: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
SoNature:

Where are the sound minds on Nairaland?

You know that you can actually make a point without sounding insulting.
He said Oyo state roads are very okay, Makinde need to forget infrastructure and focus on poverty alleviation,what could be more annoying than that ?
This governor is frustrating me,he is not doing anything he is just sharing money,doing unnecessary things while majority of incomplete projects ajimobi left behind are still on hold
He is just like present Osun state Governor,he is not doing anything either,he is just paying salaries and share the rest

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by chariisGRACE(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
“Street trading will not be eradicated overnight. some of them are breadwinners, and that is their main source of income. I agree it’s very dangerous. Our position is, we can’t chase them off the street without an alternative.

Wike couldn't think about this before he started chasing hawkers 'Upandan' the streets of Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
You use your personal car because it offers more comfort, it's more security beefed and it goes between long que of convoy.. What are you saying again?

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by agrowell: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flier:
Oyo State road are okay? Which one ? Anyway I don’t need to argue with you, it’s obvious your iq is below average

But you yourself said Ajimobi constructed roads now

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
Esseite:
Governing in Nigeria is simple... you just need to do away with greed and Godfathers.

Exactly. People really don't care how you spent their money. Just provide for them the basics...pay their salary promptly, build infrastructure and provide security...they would be carrying you like a king. Unfortunately, our politicians are super greedy. Imagine oshiomohle, a labour leader with only one khaki and with nothing in his account before he became governor , now owning a multi billion naira university in his hometown...where did he get the money from? Yet, people kept having accidents along benin auchi highway when he was governor. Armed robbers kept causing chaos...no police van, no security personnel positioned on the highway...he was just busy embezzling the security votes and same man is now shouting corruption here and there.

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by grammarian247(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
RealSleek:

That’s the problem with you guys is that you think development is all roads and bridges.. even a brainless governor can do that.. ,in fact they need stupid projects to make themselves richer...how has that affected people’s life personally.. right now Oyo road is okay.. good policies that will alleviate poverty and improve lives for generations is what we need.

Don't mind those looking for roads and bridges. We are talking about paying teachers salaries as and when due. Coming up with policies that will alleviate poverty, they are looking for bridges up and down. I don't know much of what Ajimobi did, what I do know, however, is that GSM sounds very intelligent and visionary. He looks like a man who has a target

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by dochenaj: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Ajumobi paid 13th months for 3yrs in the first tenure.he also completed alot of infrastructural projects.when is seyi going to emulate ajumobi in delivering infrastructural projects.
If Ajumobi built a "lot" of infrastructures, what else is there for Makinde to build than to maintain those.

Government is about continuity. That there is administration change does not imply the new one should ignore what the other did or was doing in the name of creating their own legacy.

The moment we stop playing politics that way, I could bet you Nigeria would move forward.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Pavarottii(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flier:
Oyo State road are okay? Which one ? Anyway I don’t need to argue with you, it’s obvious your iq is below average
I tot u said ajimobi did them?

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
Magicians:
This is what is called propanGandi e senior ganda.
shocked shocked
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by aimuan(m): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flier:
Imagine no tangible project on the list
He is investing money on e-warriors
Ajimobi constructed lot of roads and Bridges,this one is sharing the wealth
If you see good thing appreciate it.Those tangible projects will come later but for now workers are smiling, 23th months salary is on the way.Governance should be about your subject. From his speech one can easily deduce what he stand for,the Masses.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by joshuanwankwo(m): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hotfreez:
By the time they place Makinde's achievements besides Ajimobi's achievements, people would see that Makinde has not delivered up to Ajimobi.

Ajimobi just has poor people skills while Makinde spends money on information and image management.

Ajimobi spent 8 years while Mankinde has not spend up to 8 months
wait till he spends 8 years before comparing and constracting.

before 4 years Mankinde would finish all of Ajimobi achievement and the next 4 years is to set a very high pace for future Oyo governors.

when i think of people like Mankinde, i feel like exchanging my Abia state for Oyo

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
A governor that has media chat four times a year.

Bravo man!

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Kay25(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=Flier post=85122839]Imagine no tangible project on the list
Ajimobi constructed lot of roads and Bridges,this one is sharing the wealth soro lo n so yii I know u belong to do ajimobi cacus crying foul Pele seyi has come to stay and he will do well pas your governor

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by madridsta007(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
References:

https://www.thecable.ng/to-pay-13th-month-salary-still-using-his-private-car-7-lessons-from-seyi-makindes-media-chat/amp

And this is the kind of Governor South West Yoruba people want to kick out.
And these ones will hail Kogi State Governor. You will kick out someone who owes his election to the people and does things like prompt payment of salaries— which your parents will feed from. And bring in someone who will owe salaries because he owes his Governorship to a godfather.
How do people think, really?
Democracy and politics has a terrible dementing capabilities on the black man.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Kay25(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
Thats a governor not the broda elejo wewe

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by ajl: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flier:
Imagine no tangible project on the list
Ajimobi constructed lot of roads and Bridges,this one is sharing the wealth

Ajimobi that collected N5 Billion from the state account and spent it until it remained N19k just 3 weeks before leaving office. Under Ajimobi, there were 60 bank accounts being operated by the state govt officials. Just imagine the leakages.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by hush15: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
lilwetdick:
dont be deceived..all na PR stunt

em no mean say em no go thief.

What's PR about this.....he has done or doing what he said! Neway, even if na PR, others should emulate same to do PR. It's deeply welcomed

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by ajl: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
madridsta007:

And this is the kind of Governor South West Yoruba people want to kick out.
And these ones will hail Kogi State Governor.
Democracy and politics has a terrible dementing capabilities on the black man.

Democracy can only survive if there are much more literate and well educated people than there are illiterate. The inverse is the case in Nigeria. So, that's the problem.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by EgunMogaji2: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
It’s wrong.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
hush15:

What's PR about this.....he has done or doing what he said! Neway, even if na PR, others should emulate same to do PR. It's deeply welcomed

at the end of the day, the state will still be a large ghetto and village just like how it has been

look at lagos even with the history of their governors, it is still a bonafide smelly and crowded ghetto
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
Man of the people

I salute you sir, the Peoples governor .

PDP, power to the people .
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by damosade(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
I said it from the beginning that this guy is God's sent to Oyo state
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by wink2015(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
One of the best political leaders from the south west.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by damosade(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=Kay25 post=85133234][/quote]

What is this one saying. Do you stay in oyo state?

If ajimobi had done it better, he would be voted to the senate seat.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
God bless u
RealSleek:

That’s the problem with you guys is that you think development is all roads and bridges.. even a brainless governor can do that.. ,in fact they need stupid projects to make themselves richer...how has that affected people’s life personally.. right now Oyo road is okay.. good policies that will alleviate poverty and improve lives for generations is what we need.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / How We Killed Uwaila, Suspect Confesses - Full Video / Easter Turns Bloody In Orlu As Unknown Gunmen Clash With JTF (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.