Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? (516 Views)

2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria / Bishop Oyedepo: 'What Will Happen If Nigeria Becomes An Islamic Nation' / How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by victorjoe(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2019
Bible guru's in the house. Please enlighten me on this. In a gathering of friends we were having a discussion and somehow we ended in religion. Someone asked this question.

What will happen if the devil decides to repent, will God forgive him? That simply means he will be born again right?

Thank you.
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Kiddo01(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2019
Then there will be amnesty to all evil doers

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Abfinest007(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2019
let beg devil so that he can repent.come to think of it why are sinners/saints dying n d devil who is d originator of sin is still alive

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2019
lobatan, grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by shortgun(m): 10:27am On Dec 22, 2019
The devil can't repent.
He's nature won't permit it.
Repentance is only available for humans created in the likeness of God.

4 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2019
Where in the old testament did the Bible say God and the devil have problems

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by dollytino4real(f): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2019
fly can not stop eating sheet, so is the devil, he can not stop evil so he can not repent and he can not beg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by victorjoe(m): 10:59am On Dec 22, 2019
Actually its in the new Testament. Rev 12: 7 - 12. But last last he was cast out which means there was a problem between God and him

Blakjewelry:
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by edoairways: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2019
Once the head is off can life spring forth?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Eviana(f): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
victorjoe:
Actually its in the new Testament. Rev 12: 7 - 12. But last last he was cast out which means there was a problem between God and him

Actually, the problem arose when "pride" arose in Lucifer...in the Heavenly Kingdom.

That would be the "Old Testament"....

Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Eviana(f): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
victorjoe:
Bible guru's in the house. Please enlighten me on this. In a gathering of friends we were having a discussion and somehow we ended in religion. Someone asked this question.

What will happen if the devil decides to repent, will God forgive him? That simply means he will be born again right?

Thank you.

Not a guru, but wanted to answer.
I hope, sir, that you are sincerely asking.
Cause this is not a joking matter.

The enemy has chosen to NOT repent.
His fate has been decided.
What you quoted in Revelation....the book that ends life here on earth, stated that fact.

Revelation 20:10 (KJV)

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

The enemy is not fickle...like you and I.
Neither is God fickle.
The enemy chose what he wanted (and stood affirmatively on it)...so God had to react.
What has been written (in the Bible) is what will be.

Additional Info

The scriptures you were referring to point back to Isaiah 14. They describe the situation that took place once Lucifer decided to rebel against God's government.

Revelation 12:7-9 (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by victorjoe(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
No sir, it is not a joking matter. Someone asked and nobody could really answer. thank you for the insight.

Eviana:

Not a guru, but wanted to answer.
I hope, sir, that you are sincerely asking.
Cause this is not a joking matter.

The enemy has chosen to NOT repent.
His fate has been decided.
What you quoted in Revelation....the book that ends life here on earth, stated that fact.

Revelation 20:10 (KJV)

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

The enemy is not fickle...like you and I.
Neither is God fickle.
The enemy chose what he wanted (and stood affirmatively on it)...so God had to react.
What has been written (in the Bible) is what will be.

Additional Info

The scriptures you were referring to point back to Isaiah 14. They describe the situation that took place once Lucifer decided to rebel against God's government.

Revelation 12:7-9 (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
victorjoe:

Thank you.

Simple and Straight; he will be Forgiven!!
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Eviana(f): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
victorjoe:
No sir, it is not a joking matter. Someone asked and nobody could really answer. thank you for the insight.

Ok....was wondering cause you never can know in this section.
Tons and tons of mockery and confusion.
I feel terribly for the "young in faith"...
The Holy Spirit will reveal truth through all of the mud and dirt though.

You are welcome.
I am a woman...so "ma'am" is fine smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by dragon2(m): 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
The Devil's sin is Pride, which of itself does not seek repentance.That is why the scripture say that God resists the proud.
Most human sins are linked with ignorance and human weakness,but the devil has none of this. His Pride is perfected by his vast knowledge without our weaknesses/imperfections. As a result, he can't repent because he had full knowledge of what he is doing,and wants to achieve,"To be like God".

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
victorjoe:
■ Bible guru's in the house. Please enlighten me on this. In a gathering of friends we were having a discussion and somehow we ended in religion. Someone asked this question. What will happen if the devil decides to repent, will God forgive him? That simply means he will be born again right? Thank you.
It is those who sin against God that require forgiveness of sins. The devil has no sins against God — he simply exists according to his programming, as coded by God —and so does not need to seek forgiveness. undecided
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
victorjoe:

Thank you.

Did you are Adam seek forgiveness? No.

Because there is always unforgivable sin or like Esau you can sin to a point that it can never be forgiven you.

So it is impossible for Satan to ask for forgiveness for forgiveness also means restitution and how is Satan go into ever restore all the souls that he killed?
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It is those who sin against God that require forgiveness of sins. The devil has no sins against God — he simply exists according to his programming, as coded by God —and so does not need to seek forgiveness. undecided

Another lie from the son of devil.
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2023
shortgun:
The devil can't repent.
He's nature won't permit it.
Repentance is only available for humans created in the likeness of God.
Indeed! God is not some sort of fool. His Law which defines sin He gave only to Humans. The devil is not human and as Jesus Christ made clear, the devil has been the same from his beginning meaning he was created as is. undecided
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Indeed! God is not some sort of fool. His Law which defines sin He gave only to Humans. The devil is not human and as Jesus Christ made clear, the devil has been the same from his beginning meaning he was created as is. undecided

So the angels sent to hell are humans abi? You and Satan will almost have the same punishment.
Re: What Will Happen If The Devil Decides To Seek Forgiveness From God? by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Blakjewelry:
What we instead learn is that the Satan is a servant of God who carries out God's bidding. undecided

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Thief If You Play Church Instrument & Collect Money – Pastor Reveals / The Danger In Collecting Offerings - TB Joshua / Heal Those With Coronavirus, Hilda Dokubo Tells Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.