Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? (10094 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) / Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Jakumo(m): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dude, I think it is time to give it up!!!

If I were to ever stop kicking Jihadist Ayatollah Buhari with my steel-toed Doc Marten boots, I might wind up having to get a job.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Again, stop boring people with your lectures. Go do some research on the issue to at least catch up!

I have yet to say anything of him hiding or whatever it is you have jumped to . . . simply made it clear he was indicted of crimes here and have yet to return to his case. As of 2009, the DOJ reported it was still investigating the man. It is now all he-say-she-say because you refuse to do your research? I am not sure why you continue to comment on an issue you refuse to even get yourself better acquainted with. What do you hope to accomplish with that?

Out of curiosity, how many times did you edit the above post? It is very poor form to edit a post after someone directly debunked you. OK, going forward I know that I'll need to quote you from now on before I respond to you.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by femionasan(m): 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
@Dapobear, it seems u are just meeting kobojunkie for the first time. The most arrogant, stupidest(sic), Ms. know-nothing(thinking she knows it all) of NL. Irritating piece of trash who looks down on everyone and anything that has to do with Nigeria. I saw what she put up about Tinubu and how u came up with your response and see how she twists it all to suit herself.I am also sure u noticed nobody responds to her trash cos everyone here knows she is sick. I enjoy the way u argue and prove ur facts my brother, dont let that mumu get u all heated up. Na_so and co are making sense cos they have sense the argument is well balanced and if this were to be thrown to the into the polity it will do a lot to people except sister kobos comments of course. **sigh**
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by slowpoison(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2010
A people get the kind of leader they deserve, you guys are all talking about Tinubu  when in my own opinion Buhari is the crippled hunchback with a rancid odour and dragons breath.
 This is a man who with his band of military adventurers committed treason by overthrowing the 2nd republic lead by Shagari (do we write off those killed in the coup as collateral damage?)
 The man sent all his time as head of state chasing shadows by battering oil, backdating his decrees(executing 3 guy for trying to export cocaine) promulgating  decrees against journalist who embarrass public officers.
Let the serial political failure come out gain in 2011 then we shall tabulate the way he failed himself and Nigerians when he stole the highest office and tell him why he is not qualified to rule us again.By the way he has IBB to thank for rescuing him from disgrace by overthrowing his lame duck government.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2010
DapoBear:

Out of curiosity, how many times did you edit the above post? It is very poor form to edit a post after someone directly debunked you. OK, going forward I know that I'll need to quote you from now on before I respond to you.

Kobo can be a pain in the you-know-what sometimes
However, she is right on the Tinubu issue
I guess, she must have lived in Lagos, like me
She is spot on
Tinubu cannot enter the US freely like you and I. However, he was in DC for Obama inauguration. And according to SR. he was arrested and questioned for three hours, despite his attempt to disguise his identity. My suspicion is that Tinubu has some sort of diplomatic passport, making it illigal for US authorities to arrest him on a foreign soil, and since he committed those crimes long timeago, and he is presently not a threat to America, they might be willing to allow him in under some strict guildlines. I do know that he can't come in as a private citizen though. As a government official, may be.

Again, Tinubu is not well liked both in Nigeria and overseas.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

Kobo can be a pain in the you-know-what sometimes
However, she is right on the Tinubu issue
I guess, she must have lived in Lagos, like me
She is spot on
Tinubu cannot enter the US freely like you and I. However, he was in DC for Obama inauguration. And according to SR. he was arrested and questioned for three hours, despite his atempt to disguise his identity. My suspicion is that Tinubu has some sort of diplomatic passport, making it illigal to be arrested on a foreign soil, and since he committed those crimes long timeago, and he is presently not a threat to America, they might be willing to allow him in under some strict guildlines. I do know that he can't come in as a private citizen though. As a government official, may be.

Again, Tinubu is not well liked both in Nigeria and overseas.

Why do they keep letting him go? Provide evidence of him being arrested in DC and questioned for 3 hours. Which diplomatic passport can he have, while he is NOT in public office?

You guys are not making sense. If you are a WANTED FELON, if the US gov't catches you, you are NEVER escaping. How on earth is Tinubu powerful enough to constantly be getting out of these things? They only QUESTIONED him? Which questions can they be asking after 15+ years? If they have a case against him and they catch him, they are LOCKING HIM UP. Zero questions asked.

Guys, the US is not a place like Nigeria where you can commit crimes and be going to and fro. If they want you and they CATCH you, you are NEVER going to be free. You'll be locked up in jail forever.

Someone explain to me why this applies to everyone on the face of the earth, high or low, except Tinubu. Is Tinubu using some strong juju that prevents him from being imprisoned? He had better give this strong juju to some of the powerful men here in the USA, who have NOT been able to escape their crimes and are currently in prison. How is Tinubu stronger than they are, despite being some random Yoruba man from Nigeria?

Osama Bin Laden sef must being borrowing juju from Tinubu! Why didn't Tinubu give his powerful medicine to Saddam Hussein? Or these Mexican drug lords in South Texas who when they get caught by the US government, rot in jail for the rest of their lives?
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
Regarding diplomatic immunity, how did this help Manuel Noriega? He was the leader of Panama sef. That should be strong diplomatic immunity, right?

But what happened? The US INVADED Panama, captured Noriega, brought him to Florida, sent him to trial, and LOCKED HIM UP, sentencing him for 20+ years, iirc.

If they can do this to Manuel Noriega, the leader of an entire foreign country, how on earth was Tinubu able to escape?

You guys are jokers if you really think a wanted drug lord is only going to be held and questioned by the US gov't, diplomatic immunity or no.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2010
Jakumo:

If I were to ever stop kicking Jihadist Ayatollah Buhari with my steel-toed Doc Marten boots, I might wind up having to get a job.

ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin 

I love it that you get a an attack at the mere mention of the Buhari name. I can't wait to post a picture of myself casting my vote for the son of a gun, come next year. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

BRB with the article from SR
It seems you really do not know this Tinubu

He is such an enigma, I guess!

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/5904/1/tinubu-lied-us-customs-and-immigration-official.html
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12157:pointblank-tinubu-lied--us-customs-and-immigration-officials&Itemid=7966

Will be right back, stay stunned!

He is probably on their watchlist for the indictment earlier, yes. And they might quiz him. But this is very different from being arrested. Immigration will stop and quiz people for lots of reasons. If you are from India, Pakistan, and certain countries or just look weird, you'll be stopped and questioned. This doesn't mean you were arrested.

Here is the full quote:

Although, the earlier version of Bola Tinubu’s ordeal, scooped by Nigeria’s Nigerian Compass newspaper alleged that the “awkward” predicament took place at the J.F. Kennedy Airport in New York, fresh details unearthed by Pointblanknews.com indicate that he was actually stopped and questioned at the Washington Dulles International Airport, DC for three hours by officials of the United States Customs and Immigration Services, USCIS.
According to a USCIS source, “I cannot give you all the details but we had interrogated him on some issues we have on file against him, he is person of interest because of his controversial network of indicted past and present friends as well as a questionable lifestyle as a Politically Exposed Person.”
Asked what the issues were and for how long he was interrogated, the USCIS official said, “You cannot expect me to give you a break down of all that. I can only tell you that he had some drug related issues in Chicago and we just had a little routine questioning for about three hours. It is pretty routine to check up on persons with past drug history entering the US.”

Perhaps I am being naive, but I somehow doubt Customs is going to provide either of those quotes to a newspaper. Pardon my skepticism, I guess.

In short, whatever happened with Tinubu happened in 1993, 17 years ago. In between that time, he settled. If the police find new information that suggests that Tinubu was guilty of something more serious, it won't even be a Nigerian newspaper reporting it. They'll just catch him, lock him up, and we will see him on CNN or Fox News.

There won't be any questioning, they'll just pack him off to jail.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by seyibrown(f): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2010
a c p n
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2010
A lot of the problem here is that you guys think that America is like Nigeria. If you commit a crime here and are captured, there is no escape. It isn't like Nigeria where you can do whatever you like and escape justice indefinitely. Here, they will catch you sooner or later.

This is why it is mindboggling to me that some of you claim that Tinubu is/was some sort of powerful drug lord, yet able to be coming and going to the US. If he is who you say he is, and did what you guys say he did in the US, he will be jailed.

There is no escape. You cannot bribe or pay someone off to let you go free, like in Nigeria. Tinubu cannot bribe the district attorney. He cannot put money in the hands of the customs official to let him in. They will pack him off to jail, if he is guilty of what you claim.

The facts are that Tinubu was accused by the DA of holding drug money. They didn't accuse him of being a drug dealer or directly involved in drug trafficking. Again, if the DA had a stronger case against him, they will extract EVERY pound of flesh they can. DAs and the authorities in the US are not nice and kindly grandfather figures. They will build the STRONGEST case against you they possibly can. If 1 KG of cocaine is a felony but anything less is a misdemeanor, and you were found with 1.000001 KG, they will charge you with a felony.

The authorities charged Tinubu with the strongest case they were able to. He settled, gave up the $460K, and moved on. Now, if evidence later comes out that he did something worse, then if they catch him they'll lock him up. But somehow, given that it is now 17 years after the events, I doubt any sort of evidence like this will ever come up. In part because of the effects of time, but in part because Tinubu very likely did things in such a way that it will be very, very hard to ever pin him down with concrete crimes. Say what you will about the man, but he is not a mumu. Very likely the worst thing he did was launder money. It is very unlikely that he was foolish enough to directly deal drugs himself. He would have found some dummy do it instead, so that his hands are not directly tainted.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2010
DapoBear:

A lot of the problem here is that you guys think that America is like Nigeria. If you commit a crime here and are captured, there is no escape. It isn't like Nigeria where you can do whatever you like and escape justice indefinitely. Here, they will catch you sooner or later.
This is why it is mindboggling to me that some of you claim that Tinubu is/was some sort of powerful drug lord, yet able to be coming and going to the US. If he is who you say he is, and did what you guys say he did in the US, he will be jailed.
There is no escape. You cannot bribe or pay someone off to let you go free, like in Nigeria. Tinubu cannot bribe the district attorney. He cannot put money in the hands of the customs official to let him in. They will pack him off to jail, if he is guilty of what you claim.
The facts are that Tinubu was accused by the DA of holding drug money. They didn't accuse him of being a drug dealer or directly involved in drug trafficking. Again, if the DA had a stronger case against him, they will extract EVERY pound of flesh they can. DAs and the authorities in the US are not nice and kindly grandfather figures. They will build the STRONGEST case against you they possibly can. If 1 KG of cocaine is a felony but anything less is a misdemeanor, and you were found with 1.000001 KG, they will charge you with a felony.
The authorities charged Tinubu with the strongest case they were able to. He settled, gave up the $460K, and moved on. Now, if evidence later comes out that he did something worse, then if they catch him they'll lock him up. But somehow, given that it is now 17 years after the events, I doubt any sort of evidence like this will ever come up. In part because of the effects of time, but in part because Tinubu very likely did things in such a way that it will be very, very hard to ever pin him down with concrete crimes. Say what you will about the man, but he is not a mumu. Very likely the worst thing he did was launder money. It is very unlikely that he was foolish enough to directly deal drugs himself. He would have found some dummy do it instead, so that his hands are not directly tainted.
According to the document, signed by the United States Government Narcotics Attache in its embassy in Nigeria, Andre W. Kellum, Tinubu operated an organisation that distributed cocaine.

Kellum said that though Tinubu was not subjected to criminal prosecution, the fact that he acceded to forfeiting funds to the United States Government was on its own a conviction.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2010
Again, who knows if his name is actually Bola Tinubu? This man who had no class mates, who cannot recall the name of the secondary school and university he attended and who laundered drug money but did not get a criminal rap sheet.

Think about it
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2010
No. Think about it. It is impossible to be convicted without even going to court, lol. He settled out of court, made a deal with the DA that involved him giving up the $460K.

These mumu Nigerian journalists do not know how to reason. How is it possible for a man to be convicted without going to court? As if he went to court and were convicted, they would only take away the money! How would the world be if you could commit financial crimes and the only penalty would be that you lose the money you stole?  grin grin grin That would be quite a huge deterrent to potential money launderers, eh?  smiley

Anyway, if you go to court for a case like this and lose (i.e., get convicted), you'll almost certainly face siginificant jail time.

Tinubu didn't even go to court, he made a deal with the DA, gave up the $460K and probably also agreed to do some other things in his deal. By doing this, he completely avoided being convicted.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2010
There is the court of public opinion
Nigeria is different from America

Just because OJ got off easy does not mean that he is not a murderer.
He is a murderer. Simple.

American court system is easy to manipulate as long as you have a good lawyer and solid CC.

Bola Tinubu is an ex-convict, a fact, which makes him neither fit nor proper to govern a state.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2010
Let me link you to a story I read. Dunno if you guys remember Tom DeLay? He was the House Republic majority leader back in the day in the early 2000s. He was forced to step down from office due to money laundering charges.

The trial has been going on for a while now, but DeLay (unlike Tinubu) was not able to make a deal, and was recently CONVICTED:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/25/us/politics/25delay.html?_r=1&src=me

Here is an excerpt:

AUSTIN, Tex. — Tom DeLay, one of the most powerful and divisive Republican lawmakers ever to come out of Texas, was convicted Wednesday of money-laundering charges in a state trial, five years after his indictment here forced him to resign as majority leader in the House of Representatives.

After 19 hours of deliberation, a jury of six men and six women decided that Mr. DeLay was guilty of conspiring with two associates in 2002 to circumvent a state law against corporate contributions to political campaigns. He was convicted of one charge of money laundering and one charge of conspiracy to commit money laundering.

As the verdict was read, Mr. DeLay, 63, sat stone-faced at the defense table. Then he rose, turned, smiled and hugged his wife and then his weeping daughter in the first row of spectators. He faces between 5 and 99 years in prison, though the judge may choose probation.

Notice that while both Tinubu and he were indicted for crimes, only one of them was convicted. Only one of them is very likely to spend a lot of his next few years in jail.

And this was one of the most powerful men in all of America, at a time. So you all want me to somehow believe that Tinubu managed to escape justice, when even Tom DeLay was not able to. Again, Tinubu needs to give some his Yoruba juju to Tom DeLay too, so he can get out of jail.

Let no one here EVER call Tinubu a drug lord again. He, unlike Tom DeLay was not convicted of any crimes. He went through the legal system, came to a deal where he gave up some money, but was not convicted of anything and was not jailed.

No more of this he-say she-say Kobojunkie sort of stuff.

Now, if Tinubu is a ritualist in Nigeria, committed murder there, etc, I can believe that. Nigeria is a land where you can get away with almost anything if you are powerful enough. But America is not. Not even juju will save you from justice.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

There is the court of public opinion
Nigeria is different from America
Fine, if you want to say court of public opinion, I'm OK with that.

American court system is easy to manipulate as long as you have a good lawyer and solid CC.
No, it is not. Not with drug related crimes! Not with most crimes. They want to extract every pound of flesh possible from you. That OJ Simpson got lucky doesn't mean you will. Tinubu is some random Yoruba guy, not a famous loved individual like OJ Simpson was.

Bola Tinubu is an ex-convict, a fact, which makes him neither fit nor proper to govern a state.
Na lie! He was INDICTED, but he was never CONVICTED! There is a crucial, crucial difference between the two. If you are indicted but come out clean, then you are clean. A conviction is different from being indicted.

Guys, an indictment means you are being accused of a crime. A conviction means that a jury deemed you guilty of that crime. Being accused is NOT the same as being deemed guilty. In America, you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Tinubu never even went to court, so no one can call him guilty.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2010
Why do you think ACN would offer the president to Buhari.

The ACN has 4 states and many rep. Buhari party does not have a state.

So ACN has the upper hand. And would pick its presidential candidate. They can discuss, but from my end, since ACN has 4 state, even if they merge with buhari party.

ACN would pick the president ( 4 states)
Buhari party would pick the vice president. (0 states) . So most likely it would end up like the USA,, where Buhari is made vice president. And a young person would be president.

The reason the USA make the older person vice president is because , if Obama who is young want to make a mistake, the older vice president would advice to make change to that policy based on his experience.

So Buhari since been older would offer more advice based on his experience. this is how it would end up with ACN and Buhari party. If buhari love nigeria, He may accept it.  And since buhari is more experience with the military.

If I am president, I would not be against Buhari been my vice president. he would be one of the people I would like to pick as vice president.  Another person on my mind, that I would like to pick his Turai Yar adua. there are others on my mind too. if I was president.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_CvXEhdXFheY/SLAtsRpHMdI/AAAAAAAAC2k/5X4VKLdI_eQ/s400/barack%2Bobama%2Bselects%2Bjoseph%2Bbiden%2Bas%2Bvice%2Bpresident.jpg[/img]
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by T9ksy(m): 12:31am On Dec 01, 2010
Posted by: Becomrich Yesterday at 10:19:40 PM

If I am president, I would not be against Buhari been my vice president. he would be one of the people I would like to pick as vice president. Another person on my mind, that I would like to pick his Turai Yar adua. there are others on my mind too. if I was president.

I rest in the knowledge that (tho' you might become rich), you will never become pesident of nigeria. tfft!!!
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 12:41am On Dec 01, 2010
Are you out of your mind. I am from a big ethnic group , jonathan who is president is from a small ethnics group. If I run against him. I would win in any election. That is how nigeria politics work. Where are you from the moon. or planet Jupiter.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by jason12345: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2010
Becomrich}:

Are you out of your mind. I am from a big ethnic group , jonathan who is president is from a small ethnics group. If I run against him. I would win in any election. That is how nigeria politics work. Where are you from the moon. or planet Jupiter.

you don craze!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by T9ksy(m): 12:54am On Dec 01, 2010
Oh well, am from a major ethnic group too and you certainly ain't getting my vote. Especially if you insist on being a buhari apologist!
This is a manifestation of the depth our dear nation has been reduced to if the ilk of buhari, an ex-dictator is now being touted as a potential presidential candidate. This mo.ron should not be left in charge of a kindergarten class.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 1:09am On Dec 01, 2010
Jason, you are sick, coming under different name.

Jonathan is from a very small ethnics group. Which is his majority problem at the poll.

And you if I run, I am not going to run for the senate or house of rep. I am going to run to become the president of Nigeria. Do you want to know why, I would beat Jonathan to become the president of Nigeria. In a free and fair election.

And it would hard for them to rig it against me.  What I did was I brought the international press to know of the situation in Nigeria. And I use to work for a television network with 900 television stations around the world.

So the election would been closely monitored by the international community. You already seen the United nation telling you, you are telling lies. Do you think this is a joke.

Look when NATO invade Nigeria if you rig the election, then you would know that the Satellite pictures are real and that I am not joking with you.

I am telling you, the united nation already knows that nigeria is telling lies about the election rigging, census and satellite picture is seen all over the world.    They can see your house, if it is a two storey building or one , if you are living in a mud house or not.

Dont you people have families abroad to tell you the truth.  Call your families abroad and ask them.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by jason12345: 1:29am On Dec 01, 2010
Becomrich}:

Jason, you are sick, coming under different name.

Jonathan is from a very small ethnics group. Which is his majority problem at the poll.

And you if I run, I am not going to run for the senate or house of rep. I am going to run to become the president of Nigeria. Do you want to know why, I would beat Jonathan to become the president of Nigeria. In a free and fair election.

And it would hard for them to rig it against me.  What I did was I brought the international press to know of the situation in Nigeria. And I use to work for a television network with 900 television stations around the world.

So the election would been closely monitored by the international community. You already seen the United nation telling you, you are telling lies. Do you think this is a joke.

Look when NATO invade Nigeria if you rig the election, then you would know that the Satellite pictures are real and that I am not joking with you.

I am telling you, the united nation already knows that nigeria is telling lies about the election rigging, census and satellite picture is seen all over the world.    They can see your house, if it is a two storey building or one , if you are living in a mud house or not.

Dont you people have families abroad to tell you the truth.  Call your families abroad and ask them.

abegi, go yaba left jor!!! you no get sense!!! infact, you don dey kolo! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by sbeezy8: 5:36am On Dec 01, 2010
Tinubu and SW are beyond VP promises- all or nothing! Tinubu shouldnt even consider it.

if theres a SW person going for any position IT SHOULD BE PRESIDENT in 2015 or whenever. Fashola, mimiko maybe Oshiomolse hes from edo but half yoruba and muslim aswell hes popular in the SW too

As for people talking aboout being anti muslim muslim ticket they are very senseless - How does one expect any southerners to be united on the same ticket or two christians to be on the same ticket? Thats like saying NO SOUTH AND SOUTH presidential ticket. Why should southerner be FORCED to pick an hausa or a muslim from the north? When their MAJORITY sharia states wont vote for a christian anyway

Where do we get these silly rules from? Amuslim muslim ticket can win ANY DAY just as a Christian Christian ticket- as the country is HALF MUSLIM half of the country- willing to vote for it and probably a little more than half.

[size=15pt]states that will vote for a muslim muslim ticket- All sharia states(14) half of the middle belt(3) whole SW(6) + edo if adams oshiomole is on the ticket- He is muslim as well. = 22-23 states at the least  [/size]
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by elculebro: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2010
Tinubu, the green snake under the green grass, bunch of lossers.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Jarus(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2010
^^^
Oshiomole is a Christian, though father Muslim.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

Tinubu and SW are beyond VP promises- all or nothing! Tinubu shouldnt even consider it.

Let us not overreach. Let us only take what can safely be taken. We can take the VP position with 50%+ probability with an old man in Buhari as president. Even if we are somehow not able to gain the presidency after old man Buhari's tenure, we can leverage our new position into something else. That to me is a better proposition than the 2% probability we could take the presidency directly (and at the cost of great political capital.)

The beauty of this too is that we aren't spending much political capital achieving this objective. All we are doing is taking advantage of the fact that both PDP choices are very weak in the North, and can be defeated there. So we are not directly spending our own political capital by making deals to get the SS, SE, or North behind us. We are only taking advantage of a mistake the PDP made.

This is the weakest the PDP is ever likely to be, with Atiku and GEJ going at each other like this. All of the material they use to slander and tar each other, we can use when it comes time for the ACN candidate to attack the PDP one. If GEJ is defeated, we can directly use statements he himself made that suggest that Atiku is a poor choice! And vice versa.

If the PDP comes out of 2011 with the presidency intact, then they'll probably hold onto it forever. If we unseat them now, then their party is broken and scattered to the four winds. And then this leaves a new political dispensation, one in which the ACN is one of the more formidable parties in the land. This is the time to strike, and to hit as hard as you possibly can, imo.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

Let us not overreach. Let us only take what can safely be taken. We can take the VP position with 50%+ probability with an old man in Buhari as president. Even if we are somehow not able to gain the presidency after old man Buhari's tenure, we can leverage our new position into something else. That to me is a better proposition than the 2% probability we could take the presidency directly (and at the cost of great political capital.)
The beauty of this too is that we aren't spending much political capital achieving this objective. All we are doing is taking advantage of the fact that both PDP choices are very weak in the North, and can be defeated there. So we are not directly spending our own political capital by making deals to get the SS, SE, or North behind us. We are only taking advantage of a mistake the PDP made.
This is the weakest the PDP is ever likely to be, with Atiku and GEJ going at each other like this. All of the material they use to slander and tar each other, we can use when it comes time for the ACN candidate to attack the PDP one. If GEJ is defeated, we can directly use statements he himself made that suggest that Atiku is a poor choice! And vice versa.
If the PDP comes out of 2011 with the presidency intact, then they'll probably hold onto it forever. If we unseat them now, then their party is broken and scattered to the four winds. And then this leaves a new political dispensation, one in which the ACN is one of the more formidable parties in the land. This is the time to strike, and to hit as hard as you possibly can, imo.

This is all American talk.
This style of politiking works quite fine in America
Nigeria is a different environment all together
Do you honestly think the average northerner gives a shyyt about what some Yarubawan politicans have to say about their leaders?

Even if PDP were to be defeated, it sure won't be by ACN
The greatest politician " AWO" could not do it, what makes you think these dimwits will?

Go read any of Awo's books, especially The Strategy and Tactics of the People's Republic of Nigeria and Path to Nigerian Greatness, and it will give you an idea as to the kind of heavyweight political intellect he was. And it will also enlighten you as to why ACN, formidable as they may be regionally, aren't really a force to reckon with nationally

There is nothing new about Atiku
Everything about him is in the public domain, even at that, he is still being worshipped in the north

Nigeria politics is still at a very rudimentary stage, people vote for the biggest crook. And, he who has the money to pay the area boys, for rigging, wins the contest.
There are no debates
Campaigns are funded by individuals, unlike in America
I will never forget in 2003 when the trio of Adenuga, Dangote and Atiku donated about 150 million naira to the Obasanjo/Atiku campaign organisation. Just three people. Tell me will that be allowed to happen in "God's own country?" NO.

You have to play dirty in Nigeria, and the only party with the reach at this point is PDP
ACN is just not up there
ANPP and CPC can try, but definitely not ACN
It's like an Ibo man expecting an APGA candidate to win the presidential election, aint gonna happen anytime soon.

APGA and ACN are regional parties and won't be winning any national election in present day Nigeria, at least not anytime soon.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2010
^-- Suppose temporarily that all what you say is true (something I'm not at all convinced of and can expound on point-by-point later, if you like), and there is no chance of the ACN beating the PDP.

Should we then just give up? We still have to put out the strongest ticket possible. Ribadu very likely is not the best that can be done. Even if some variant of Buhari/ACN Southerner flops, at least we know we tried our best.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by edeal247: 9:12am On Dec 01, 2010
Buhari/oshiomole or a prominent igbo man is a better combination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Certificate Saga the REAL STORY they are hiding. / Explosions & Gunfire In Nyanya, Damaturu / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.