Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? (10096 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) / Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by lordvamon(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2010
idiots angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by scorpion1: 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2010
As much as i have reservations for Tinubu, he has shown great courage and statesmanship like no other in this generation. I am so proud of what he has done by memtoring a lot of people and making them have a hope against all tyrannies and oppression. God is just about to hear my prayers. I will be the happiest person on earth if this collabo works.

Buhar/Tinubu ticket, i will create my own voters register and have 1 million names and thumb print in thier favour. I no dey joke. Oloun. Lol
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2010
birdman:

Tinubu has no criminal record:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200302110482.html
http://news.biafranigeriaworld.com/archive/ngguardian/2003/feb/10/article02.html

Can someone can supply a solid, verifiable link proving otherwise? TIA

Well, I could also definitively state that Babangida, Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibori etc are not criminals because there all have no criminal records out there, even with all the evidence we have on them.

The point here is Tinubu is no saint – he has shown himself the typical Nigerian godfather in his dealings, both in Lagos and beyond. He has been fingered in many cases of illegal tampering, rigging, etc. To then suggest that because there are yet no criminal records on him, he is the politician we need is bull, and I am certain you know that. Obasanjo, to date, has no criminal record but even outsiders know that the man does not have clean hands.

Now on what I actually know of the man, I know he has been indicted here in the US States and is still being investigated. I would rather we urge our EFCC to start at least by looking into Tinubu involvement, as well of that of others, in last year’s Ekiti debacle.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2010
Well said Kobojunkie Stranger,

For the first time I agree with you
You are right, Tinubu is a criminal.

Let people like DapoBear, continue to delude themselves that he is a saint
Very soon, the whole truth will be revealed.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
People can read what was written in this thread and judge for themselves. But since the arguments suggesting he is a criminal (at least in the US) have been thoroughly debunked, it is not hard for to guess what most will conclude.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by scorpion1: 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2010
As regards criminality, is there any records in nigeria? if you ever see anyone indicted for anything, its usually for witch-hunting. Who said Tinubu isnt a criminal? We are only trying to pick a cleaner criminal (a more sane criminal). Is Jona clean? God forbid. A man that has no guts to challenge those still looting us dry, he is an all things goes man. Gone are those days when a president would just storm a ministry in the morning to catch late commers and they get querries for that. Naija is already at its brink. If Nigeria does not break up by 2015, it will never break up again.

These criminals must be chased away, one way or another.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2010
scorpion1:

As regards criminality, is there any records in nigeria? if you ever see anyone indicted for anything, its usually for witch-hunting. Who said Tinubu isnt a criminal? We are only trying to pick a cleaner criminal (a more sane criminal). Is Jona clean? God forbid. A man that has no guts to challenge those still looting us dry, he is an all things goes man. Gone are those days when a president would just storm a ministry in the morning to catch late commers and they get querries for that. Naija is already at its brink. If Nigeria does not break up by 2015, it will never break up again.

These criminals must be chased away, one way or another.
I am at least glad you are willing to admit that his having no official criminal record out there is no admission that he, in no wise, has his hands deep in crime.

On picking cleaner criminals, I ask why? Why pick from the stock of criminals? Why not pick from the list of un-identified criminals we have? Granted, we mostly believe our politicians are dirty but there are still those we know are not really into crime(we still have little or no evidence to show for any or all suspected crime)?
Why not vote now for the nobody than voting for the criminal we know? What good has voting status quo done for us so far?
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2010
Kobo,

Why don't you name someone in the present crop of politicians who is clean?
Name just one person!
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by birdman(m): 4:55am On Dec 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am at least glad you are willing to admit that his having no official criminal record out there is no admission that he, in no wise, has his hands deep in crime.

On picking cleaner criminals, I ask why? Why pick from the stock of criminals? Why not pick from the list of un-identified criminals we have? Granted, we mostly believe our politicians are dirty but there are still those we know are not really into crime(we still have little or no evidence to show for any or all suspected crime)?
Why not vote now for the nobody than voting for the criminal we know? What good has voting status quo done for us so far?

Politics is all about pragmatism. Progressives must be willing to compromise the lesser of our ideals so we can achieve the bigger ones. If breaking the stranglehold of the Northern elders on Nigeria involves an electable Buhari/Tinubu or Buhari/Bleep ticket, so be it. They serve their two terms max, and if they indeed break PDP/North's back, we get to pick a progressive Fashola/Ribadu/Utomi ticket the next time.

I detest Buhari, but I'd be willing to vote for him. In a democratic govt, AC Senators and governors will always serve as effective counterweights to any rubbish he may try. This is how democracy REALLY works, even in the west.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 5:22am On Dec 05, 2010
birdman:

Politics is all about pragmatism. Progressives must be willing to compromise the lesser of our ideals so we can achieve the bigger ones. If breaking the stranglehold of the Northern elders on Nigeria involves an electable Buhari/Tinubu or Buhari/Bleep ticket, so be it. They serve their two terms max, and if they indeed break PDP/North's back, we get to pick a progressive Fashola/Ribadu/Utomi ticket the next time.

I detest Buhari, but I'd be willing to vote for him. In a democratic govt, AC Senators and governors will always serve as effective counterweights to any rubbish he may try. This is how democracy REALLY works, even in the west.

+1000!
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Dec 05, 2010
birdman:

I think @Jakumo will attest to the fact that much of what you have above lines up with what I have given him as reason for why I will be willing to vote for @Buhari next year.

Problem I do have with your response above is that it does not tackle any of the questions asked or put forth. We are still on the topic of voting and supporting known criminals (even those without official criminal records).

I am not against the north in anyway as I sincerely believe there are some intelligent Northerners out there fighting for change as well. And I do not believe in your list of progressives there. I am more concerned that we seem stuck with, and praise the recycling of some of the same old criminal elements.  Much of the decay of the last decade occurred under the watch of many of the thieves we pretend are lesser thieves, eg.Tinubu. And so I see no reason to rejoice that we may again be faced with the choice of rewarding this man with our votes, in the name of progress come next year, should Buhari pick him as a running mate.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2010
@Kobojunkie: you are overall a pretty cool cat, but your lack of respect for "innocent until proven guilty" is somewhat annoying and alarming undecided
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 7:44am On Dec 05, 2010
Kobo is Ibo
Very arrogant and stupit
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 7:48am On Dec 05, 2010
Sounds very Yoruba to me, somehow. Plus I doubt any Igbos would spell their ethnic group as "Ibo."
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 7:49am On Dec 05, 2010
What makes you think she is Yoruba

Would you date her?
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2010
I dunno, just the way she acts seems Yoruba. I could easily be wrong though, just my guess.

Regarding date, if attractive and under 27 or 28 (I'm 25) then yes. She seems pretty sharp, despite her ornery and caustic attitude. Smart + attractive naija chicks I'd date easily. Doesn't hurt that she seems into agriculture and programming, two things I like too  tongue

Though I question her choice of Ohio as a state. I have a grudge against the people of Ohio due to their mistreatment of my beloved LeBron.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 8:05am On Dec 05, 2010
She lives in Chicago
Dunno why she has Columbus Ohio below her moniker

My image of her is that of a fair complexioned lady with some nasty attitude, prolly tall
Will love to have a one night stand with her though. . .

Could you see yourself living with her?
I just cant imagune living with someone like that.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2010
stranger:

She lives in Chicago
Dunno why she has Columbus Ohio below her moniker
Proly an OSU alum, I'm guessing.

My image of her is that of a  fair complexioned lady with some nasty attitude, prolly tall
Will love to have a one night stand with her though.  .   . 

Could you see yourself living with her?
I just cant imagune living with someone like that.
Women with nasty attitudes can be cured of em pretty easily. Just requires a firm hand and a no nonsense approach. Most guys unfortunately let themselves be bullied, guilt tripped, or tricked into arguing about irrelevant things. As long as the nasty attitude doesn't entail rabid feminist views, then you can fix them. Rabid feminism though, run away from that. Fortunately doesn't show up too frequently in naija chicks
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by birdman(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I think @Jakumo will attest to the fact that much of what you have above lines up with what I have given him as reason for why I will be willing to vote for @Buhari next year.

Problem I do have with your response above is that it does not tackle any of the questions asked or put forth. We are still on the topic of voting and supporting known criminals (even those without official criminal records).

I am not against the north in anyway as I sincerely believe there are some intelligent Northerners out there fighting for change as well. [b]And I do not believe in your list of progressives there. I am more concerned that we seem stuck with, and praise the recycling of some of the same old criminal elements.  Much of the decay of the last decade occurred under the watch of many of the thieves we pretend are lesser thieves, eg.Tinubu. [/b]And so I see no reason to rejoice that we may again be faced with the choice of rewarding this man with our votes, in the name of progress come next year, should Buhari pick him as a running mate.

Fair enough. I agree even the progressives I've listed have skeletons in their cupboard. Choosing a potential Buhari/Tinubu ticket is like changing a diaper. At the end of the day, it has to be done, regardless of how you feel about it. I'm willing to hold my nose if it means a saner country in the near future.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2010
birdman:

Fair enough. I agree even the progressives I've listed have skeletons in their cupboard. Choosing a potential Buhari/Tinubu ticket is like changing a diaper. At the end of the day, it has to be done, regardless of how you feel about it. I'm willing to hold my nose if it means a saner country in the near future.

Well, good for you!!! I just don't want us to pretend we are getting a clean slate with Buhari/Tinubu ticket. I however believe in registering my protest now, in hopes it will change Buhari's mind now, and maybe cause him to select someone else. You never know, he could be reading.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by igbobuigbo: 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2010
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing?

This ticket is dead on arrival.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by sley4life(m): 11:08am On Dec 07, 2010
Muslim muslim ticket wont work.Buhari will keep contesting. He would have been a beta candidate that Atiku if he was in pdp
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
Do Nigerians simply vote on religious lines still? I mean sure their is what you hear during gossip sessions but considering most folks don't even know alot about the candidates up until after the elections, I am not certain if people are that concerned with religious background, especially that of the one of the VP ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 15 Traders In Katsina / Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba / Buhari's Certificate Saga the REAL STORY they are hiding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.