Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,819 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges (31543 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Unusual Names Of CBN-Approved BDC Operators / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by alexvic12: 5:51am On Dec 23, 2019
AntiWailer:

They will need to modify their configuration calm down

Sure. I'm calm.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by speaktome(m): 5:53am On Dec 23, 2019
AntiWailer:

No bank will risk CBN's sanction they will definitely comply.

I pray so
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Pearlqueen(f): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2019
alexvic12:

I made a transfer this morning. Still normal N52 charges.
Takes effect January 1
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by SALIMAN(m): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2019
When will this take effect
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Drehilton(m): 6:00am On Dec 23, 2019
alexvic12:

it's effective come Jan. 1 2020
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by alexvic12: 6:02am On Dec 23, 2019
Pearlqueen:
Takes effect January 1

Yeah thanks. I heard so.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by fkj950ax(m): 6:05am On Dec 23, 2019
GamalNasser:
You notice how they carefully avoided talking about that hideous 50 naira POS charge

CBN had previously said the POS will be applicable to transactions N10,000 and above from January 01, 2020 as against the current threshold of N2,000

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:05am On Dec 23, 2019
Xano:
Interesting
As regards ATM Withdrawal, it's 65 naira for the first three in a month, then 35 naira from the fourth withdrawal.
It makes no sense.

No...it's zero naira for the first three in a month, then 35 naira from the fourth....
This applies to when you use your atm card on another banks machine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by seunoj: 6:08am On Dec 23, 2019
SadiqBabaSani:
Banks will fight tooth and nail to reverse this Review
Nothing to fight. It's documented in the guide to bank charges.

1 Like

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Maol(m): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
Here comes another deceptive moves to milk Nigerians. Last time I checked, Card Maintenance fee was termed illegal, and even when it wasn't, it was done annually (mostly intermittently).
There is nothing more Criminal than charging a customer for Maintenance of card that is absolutely under the care of the same customer. I pay to maintain the card, pay to use ATM, charged to withdraw certain amount of my money, yet, if you talk, they call it hate... forgetting that in a short while, they will leave power or power will leave them.
yes they call it hate because people like you. Do your findings, study very well before commenting. Card maintenance free is not illegal and is even cheaper in Nigeria compare to other countries e.g SA. It is not done annually.

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Sannisege: 6:14am On Dec 23, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
Here comes another deceptive moves to milk Nigerians. Last time I checked, Card Maintenance fee was termed illegal, and even when it wasn't, it was done annually (mostly intermittently).
There is nothing more Criminal than charging a customer for Maintenance of card that is absolutely under the care of the same customer. I pay to maintain the card, pay to use ATM, charged to withdraw certain amount of my money, yet, if you talk, they call it hate... forgetting that in a short while, they will leave power or power will leave them.
your life and negativity are like 5&6
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 23, 2019
Xano:
Interesting
As regards ATM Withdrawal, it's 65 naira for the first three in a month, then 35 naira from the fourth withdrawal.
It makes no sense.

Where did u get this from??

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by IMASTEX: 6:17am On Dec 23, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
Seconded. To know a corrupt and confused government, they will be avocating a cashless economy yet multi tax the same means. All this useless adjust will be celebrated by the ignorant ones as a welcome development when it was stealing in the first place. None has also talk about POS charge and the motive behind it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Godswillu(m): 6:23am On Dec 23, 2019
How come CBN did not reduce
1, POS changes
2, stamp duties (My back charge me 50 on every amount that entered my current account).
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by odave: 6:23am On Dec 23, 2019
Sannisege:
poverty has battered my entire generation

Fixed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2019
Nice
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by debinson: 6:35am On Dec 23, 2019
This is a good news. CBN thanks
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by backnbeta(f): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2019
The POS and VAT ish are still hanging on our necks. A case of deliberately starving the chicken and feeding it crumbs when it's weakundecided
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by TheManOfTheYear: 6:36am On Dec 23, 2019
alexvic12:

I think it takes effect from January 1st
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by CrownWale93(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2019
Ravon:

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/12/22/cbn-slashes-banks-atm-withdrawal-fee-from-n65-to-n35/
I was always charge#200-250 every month for SMS notification charge, but it's #185 this month.. I don't know how they do their calculation to just arrive at that figure they do charge me

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by onyxo76(m): 6:39am On Dec 23, 2019
aguiyi2:
I am afraid.We might be in for a rude shock January 2020.These banks (CBN etc) don't give nothing free. Greek Gift.
I tell you, I don't trust any kind gesture or favour from these people.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by bonnyhope: 6:42am On Dec 23, 2019
GamalNasser:
You notice how they carefully avoided talking about that hideous 50 naira POS charge

People that want cashless economy are now charging for using POS.

I think they are confused.

4 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by zaFuhrer(m): 6:48am On Dec 23, 2019
What is the catch biko??
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by mechanics(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by bonnyhope: 6:54am On Dec 23, 2019
Sannisege:
your life and negativity are like 5&6

What actually is negativity in what he has said?
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by luluosas(m): 6:58am On Dec 23, 2019
This will finally lay the coffin of Opay to the grave, while others like PalmPay will reap more customers. Good development
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by luluosas(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2019
I couldn't bear it with GTBank anymore, so I deactivated the SMS alert in 2016 and I have peace since then. Imagine paying 1600 plus in a month.
CrownWale93:
I was always charge#200-250 every month for SMS notification charge, but it's #185 this month.. I don't know how they do their calculation to just arrive at that figure they do charge me

1 Like

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Willie2015: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2019
zaFuhrer:
What is the catch biko??

CBN Gov playing the devil advocate.......
Tryin to please the Nigerian people and FG at the same time......
Chased us away from Treasury Bills investments & OMO Bills as if we are lepers ....
Tryin to woo the rich and foreign investors with juicy rate of 13% in OMO Bills....
And yet pacifying us with reduction in charges.....
To be in the good books of ordinary Nigerians.....

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by sapientia(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2019
Any day am ready, I will still sue them.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by asmondy(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2019
The banks will still introduce another charges apart from the one on ground
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by alizma: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:
Children of hate said card maintenance fee used to be annually. I was expecting him to say it was 1naira when Jonathan was there but as usually, he only came to attack APC and nothing more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Stops Sales Of Forex To Bureax-De-Change / Aliko Dangote Dances Zanko To Teni's Song In New York / Throwback Photo Of Billionaire Femi Otedola And His Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.