Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,566 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges (31334 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Unusual Names Of CBN-Approved BDC Operators / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by loswhite(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2019
GamalNasser:
You notice how they carefully avoided talking about that hideous 50 naira POS charge
50 naira POS charge is for transaction above 10000 naira but some greedy merchant still charge when it is less

1 Like

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 23, 2019
You no dey shame?
BuhariAdvocate:
Buhari best Nigeria president. And the most respected president in the world.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by loswhite(m): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2019
alexvic12:

I made a transfer this morning. Still normal N52 charges.
Too many uneducated ppl in this country.... Did you bother to find out when it will take effect?
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by loswhite(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2019
Xano:
Interesting
As regards ATM Withdrawal, it's 65 naira for the first three in a month, then 35 naira from the fourth withdrawal.
It makes no sense.
It will never make sense to you...lol you are supposed to have sense first for it to make sense to you

1 Like

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by EgunMogaji2: 7:27am On Dec 23, 2019
alexvic12:

I made a transfer this morning. Still normal N52 charges.

Why are you not using Rubies Bank? It’s only N21 and there no silly card fees.

1 Like

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by magicfingers009: 7:31am On Dec 23, 2019
But Card Maintenance fee was N100 annually. Now it's N50 Quarterly. That's more expensive now

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by 27Pushing30: 7:32am On Dec 23, 2019
SadiqBabaSani:
Banks will fight tooth and nail to reverse this Review
It’s useless!

What’s their justification for removing COT charge after causing crash in loan rates? Yet enforcing LDR ratios
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Systrom(m): 7:45am On Dec 23, 2019
Remove 50 naira stamp duty per transaction on current accounts

Also remove the newly introduced 50 naira stamp duty on POS transactions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by MidaserveNG: 7:50am On Dec 23, 2019
Watch your CCTV Camera on your Smartphone

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Ibegtodiffer: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2019
alizma:

Children of hate said card maintenance fee used to be annually. I was expecting him to say it was 1naira when Jonathan was there but as usually, he only came to attack APC and nothing more.
People like you are the biggest problem of this nation. Must everything be about APC? Did I mention APC? It only shallow minds that truly see the difference between PDP & APC. I don't. You left the point raised, just to insult people. That isn't the way.

3 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2019
Banks and all manners of fraudulent charges are like 5 and 6. Now is the time to keep a close watch on my accounts especially the one with that Union with some questionable staff.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by may320: 8:10am On Dec 23, 2019
Xano:
Interesting As regards ATM Withdrawal, it's 65 naira for the first three in a month, then 35 naira from the fourth withdrawal.
It makes no sense.
Pls read slowly to understand or ask someone to break it down for you.
It was 65k before, now 35k. First 3 withdrawal in a month is free if using your card on another bank's ATM, thereafter you'll be charged.
This is how hate speech used to start.

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Meritocracy: 8:13am On Dec 23, 2019
Transfer charges is even too much personally, when I can transfer on OPAY thrice a day without paying a dime. Bank is gradually loosing customers.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Ibegtodiffer: 8:14am On Dec 23, 2019
Sannisege:
your life and negativity are like 5&6
I rebuke and reject your comment. May your life be filled with negativity, since that is what you are wishing others.
Does it make sense to pay for maintenance of a card that is absolutely in your custody to a bank? Address that, sir.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Ashblessing: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Rubbish, where do you got this fallancy from.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Ibegtodiffer: 8:22am On Dec 23, 2019
Maol:

yes they call it hate because people like you. Do your findings, study very well before commenting. Card maintenance free is not illegal and is even cheaper in Nigeria compare to other countries e.g SA. It is not done annually.
When it suite you, you compare. What is the minimum wage is SA? Compare that with Nigeria as well. Moreover, I don't agree with things simply because other people are doing it. For me, it doesn't add up that I have to pay someone else for the maintenance of a card in my possession.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

your opinion.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Maol(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

When it suite you, you compare. What is the minimum wage is SA? Compare that with Nigeria as well. Moreover, I don't agree with things simply because other people are doing it. For me, it doesn't add up that I have to pay someone else for the maintenance of a card in my possession.
The cards are not owned by the banks but other company. It is normal that they charge for cards everywhere. It is not a matter of minimum wage. Even in SA the charges are high as 50R per withdrawal which is much for their 50R per hour minimum wage.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by maasoap(m): 9:15am On Dec 23, 2019
SadiqBabaSani:
Banks will fight tooth and nail to reverse this Review

No, they won't. This is because the current (or the previous) charges were set by the same CBN.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by maasoap(m): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2019
pejuakinab:
I dey wait their other bad plans elsewhere.
Govt no mumu reach that level...all na game of chess.
"Like" if u agree
Share if u disagree

The existing charges are rather high, CBN just decided to listen. There can't be other bad plans.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by alizma: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2019
Ibegtodiffer:

People like you are the biggest problem of this nation. Must everything be about APC? Did I mention APC? It only shallow minds that truly see the difference between PDP & APC. I don't. You left the point raised, just to insult people. That isn't the way.
If you didn't mention APC or PDP, what is your basis of comparism that gave you the conclusion that the man is wasting constituency funds? If you won't to criticize sincerely, criticize constructively and there is no way you can effectively criticize constructively without putting these three things(the past, the present and the future) in view.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by fof1: 9:39am On Dec 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

D Deceits of Lucifer.... Keep Deceiving d Deluded...
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by idiege12(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Xano:
Interesting
As regards ATM Withdrawal, it's 65 naira for the first three in a month, then 35 naira from the fourth withdrawal.
It makes no sense.

You didn't understand it.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Clinton207: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2019
Commendable move.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by TYglobal: 10:31am On Dec 23, 2019
Gtbank have not charged me a dine for mobile transfer for a while now, I've been wondering what's up with them. But Access bank debited card maintenance from my account and made it negative, they've been crediting with 1# interest from God knows where and I'll be looking and them till they completely change it back to positive.
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by ObiOkpor(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Mumu
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by dljbd1(m): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2019
I don't think this is applicable yet.
I just made a transfer of 5k to test this and 52.5 buck was deducted angry
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by CeterisXVII: 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Kirinwa:
This is the best news of my life.

FirstBank how market? This bank in question sabi task eh, if first bank na human being, e go be Agbero.

The era of #100 charge on a meagre #1000 is over.
Banks should work for their money not tasking people unnecessarily to pay workers.

I hope it's with IMMEDIATE EFFECT!!!
First bank, kè? You are talking like this because you have not used UBA and Sterling Bank. sad

That bank called Sterling, is an expert in all sorts of ungodly deductions. You cannot leave 30k in any of your current accounts, (without doing any transaction) and come back to meet it intact, after 3 months. Who dash you? shocked

They would have deducted it, to the extent of almost throwing you into debit. Yèye people....shior!! angry
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by CeterisXVII: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
CrownWale93:
I was always charge#200-250 every month for SMS notification charge, but it's #185 this month.. I don't know how they do their calculation to just arrive at that figure they do charge me
Please which bank is this? Tell us quickly so that we can avoid it!! shocked
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by yb43(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
Amen
Re: Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges by Badonasty(m): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
Naija get good laws.... Na to implement those laws be wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Buhari Re-Opened Nigeria’s Land Borders — Vanguard / How Jeff Bezos Beat Bill Gates To Become The Current Richest Man / How The World's Currencies Got Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.