Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (58921 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Khalidase83(m): 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
In English pls.
midnighter:

Masha Allah aleek

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by E2000: 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
IyaTola:
What is your take on your in-laws vividly living in same house with you?
Its cool depending on the availability of resources and how large the house is.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Mykel51(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thatssobeyonce:
Yes i will treat them the best way i can
I lost my mom at a tender age so I'm dreaming of a motherly love from my mother inlaw
You are beautiful
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn
Always easy to say now
But when you get married it is a different thing.
Except you don't have young siblings

Sometimes it is easy for someone from the woman's family to stay with couples. There won't be trouble

But if any body from the man family come stay with couples ehnnnnn. Na so so quarrel
You’re saying this because you don’t know that woman you quoted.
A very bitter feminist .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Ndipe(m): 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wait till your wife gives birth and you will need someone to care for your baby when she resumes work.

HawksDude:
No way. Even my own mother won't be allowed.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by toprealman: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Aboks:
i will not allow that, they can only come for visit
usually start with a visit.....then it happen.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by 1Sharon(f): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Couples need their privacy. 3rd parties get annoying after a while.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by toprealman: 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
cococandy:
Temporarily? yes.
Permanently? No

I don’t even want to live with my siblings or parents in the same house. Just me, my husband and children.
I'm coming to get you.....you now have my full attention!
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Thatssobeyonce(f): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Mykel51:
You are beautiful
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by mechanics(m): 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
That's wrong, if they will stay, it shouldn't exceed a month, that's if there is a new baby if not few days.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Charmingpet: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2019
We are not Indians

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Isoduwa(m): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
midnighter:

Yes!

Spoiled brat haha �
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Bbbwings: 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
babythug:
As could be expected it could and would likely swing both ways!

There would be peaceful times and surely there would be turbulent times!

If they are older in-laws ie parents in law or older siblings in law the wife would be expected to be quite accepting and tolerant of their excesses. With some younger siblings in law some bull shit may be meted out that the wife May or may not accept.

The family dynamics also play a big role. Depending on how firm or assertive the husband is the in-laws may know where to draw the lines on nonsense behaviour and so on.

The space and size of the house matters! The smaller the space the more likely wires will cross and cause chaos. Resources too could cause issues- wife may wanna serve two meals daily for eg and in-laws feel entitled to three meals .

If a couple have to move in with parents in-law the wife again has to bear the brunt of behaviour modification and adaptation to the processes and procedures of her in-laws

In summary where african/ Nigerian families age involved it’s best avoided as much as is within one’s power.

I have my brother in law here and most times I feel like slapping him. His latest misdemeanour is literally taking over my son’s slippers this is a 35year old( or thereabouts) man and my son is 9 years old .....
shocked shocked
35 year old
Na wa o
Time don reach to send him packing.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by HawksDude(m): 11:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ndipe:
Wait till your wife gives birth and you will need someone to care for your baby when she resumes work.

We will look for a good creche around.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by bezimo(m): 11:54pm On Dec 23, 2019
Never..not gonna happen.even my relations sef.. .i will help dem from afar..i decide what obtains in my house

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Godhatesodomy: 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wow

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by anonymuz(m): 12:01am On Dec 24, 2019
cococandy:
Temporarily? yes.
Permanently? No

I don’t even want to live with my siblings or parents in the same house. Just me, my husband and children.
your head dey there, but me i can't marry in my father's house. Never.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by therajah: 12:01am On Dec 24, 2019
MajorWarren:
That can’t run. So they can come and add their input in my marriage whenever they please

My mum can live with us tho smiley
Hmn Mummy's pet
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by vanokwuru: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2019
Third party I won't allow it

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Sirevangel(m): 12:04am On Dec 24, 2019
Its a very good scam.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by midnighter(f): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2019
Khalidase83:
In English pls.

Excuse me, i noticed "Khalid" in your monicker and I thought you were a Muslim or at least had some understanding of Arabic language.

It means "God bless you"

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by midnighter(f): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2019
Charmingpet:
We are not Indians

Lol underrated hahaha dem dey carry in-law like spare change smh
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by midnighter(f): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2019
Isoduwa:
Spoiled brat haha �

wink
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by tonididdy(m): 12:18am On Dec 24, 2019
I like my privacy too damn much, I will not tolerate a permanent stay. A few days (not more than 3days, after that na quarell).

I get really unwelcoming easily... First day am super sweet, second day wow.... Third day Ok but 4th day my face Don dey change oh.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by 2buffagain(m): 12:46am On Dec 24, 2019
This is only possible if all parties, both spouses and parents are WISE and PEACEFUL.
And the one who has the parents knows how to prioritize and bluntly tell their family members when they are over-stepping.

Some in laws cannot control themselves and need to be reminded of their limits within a home, so they should be the type who you can speak to openly about something without them getting their ego involved.

I believe this doesn't just happen naturally.
This is something you will need to have been training your parents/siblings on from a very long time ago.
They will need to have known from before that you do not entertain certain things. It is not after you have married and they have moved in that you will now be trying to teach them basic courtesy and respect.

I have lived with several uncle's and aunties in my parents house. It was beneficial for everyone, especially my parents.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Ndipe(m): 12:49am On Dec 24, 2019
I will pick a trusted family member over a creche. But you are free to do whatever rocks your boat

HawksDude:

We will look for a good creche around.
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by GGirll: 1:17am On Dec 24, 2019
marvin906:
heaven forbids..
visit and get out abeg

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by GGirll: 1:22am On Dec 24, 2019
therajah:

Hmn Mummy's pet

Mama's boys the most horrible husbands to have lok

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Lexusgs430: 2:17am On Dec 24, 2019
IyaTola:
What is your take on your in-laws vividly living in same house with you?

Not on a permanent basis...... The wife tends to feel the heat more............
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Cousin9999: 2:23am On Dec 24, 2019
Your parents or spouse's parents are supposed to live with you. They're there to offer guidance/support in your marriage and raising children. In old age, you and the children care for them and your kids soak up all their wisdom.

This is one of the things wrong with society today. People have been fooled by propaganda into separating the family. That mostly benefits corporations, not people.

If there's clear dysfunction, obviously they shouldn't be there, but generally "it takes a village."

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 24, 2019
I'll allow my mum, I love to see dramatico dramatician dramas

I could remember a film I watched title "Lagos husbands" ohh!! That trouble mother in-law, lol.....

Person like me go just dey laugh them

Seriously I can't leave any of my parents because of any girl......

So if there's need they can stay parmanently.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by cococandy(f): 2:45am On Dec 24, 2019
Isoduwa:

So when you crying for prick your people won't hear anything from the bedroom to the bathroom �
grin it’s like you know my life story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.