Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 (653 Views)

As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? / "Men From Age 19 To 27 Are Liabilities, Don’t Date Them" - Nigerian Lady Warns / My Fiancé Mother Swear For Me After I Kicked Her Daughter Out Of My Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by mtprofessor5(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
I was chatting with a friend that's planing to get married. She is just 19 and I feel she is still very young.

As a parent will you give your daughter out for marriage at age 19 ?
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by Noblemarce: 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by xendra: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
as long as she's not being forced into it, at that age my mother already had my older brother and my friends mother already had her second child at 19

when women use to marry early there was less promiscuity.
as any mature girl was already in husband house will you be wooing a married woman?

But then again, not in this generation.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by AfroKnight: 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
I believe it’s ignorance that makes parents release their daughter for marriage at 19.

At that age, her interpersonal skills are juvenile. And many times, the husband is the last person she needs to help develop those abilities.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by jidamsel43(m): 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
yes of course
At 18 years , girl should be preparing morally, emotionally and economically for marriage.
If not because of delay in gaining admission and some attitudes that made many ladies dragging rooms with boys in their Father's house.

No only in Nigeria that some give out their 18 years old girl for marriage, it happens even in advance countries like America, France etc.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by Charleys: 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
I met an old barren lady once. And she told me that if she ever had a daughter, she will give her out for marriage at the age of 18.

We talked and talked and she told me if she knew she would have kept the pregnancy she had in her teenage years, rather than have an abortion.
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by WonderManly(m): 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
mtprofessor5:
I was chatting with a friend that's planing to get married. She is just 19 and I feel she is still very young.

Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by Rukkydelta(f): 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
21 years and above is good kiss
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by Elvinho2244(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2019
mtprofessor5:

Yes, only if such person is Ned Nwokoish in nature grin
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by mtprofessor5(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2019
jidamsel43:
yes of course
At 18 years , girl should be preparing morally, emotionally and economically for marriage.
If not because of delay in gaining admission and some attitudes that made many ladies dragging rooms with boys in their Father's house.

No only in Nigeria that some give out their 18 years old girl for marriage, it happens even in advance countries like America, France etc.

Case study Nigeria

All things been perfect, where do you think a 18 years old Nigerian girl stands financially, emotionally, psychologically, educationally, etc

1 Like

Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by mtprofessor5(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2019
Elvinho2244:

Yes, only if such person is Ned Nwokoish in nature grin

Congrats you just sold your blood
(I get the joke tho)
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by mtprofessor5(m): 8:30am On Dec 24, 2019
Rukkydelta:
21 years and above is good kiss

On very intensive and conscious self building
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by izzou(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2019
grin

My daughter must be matured enough to handle the challenges that come with marriage.

My daughter must be able to take care of herself(at least) financially, and must be on the path to achieve her dreams

My daughter must be matured emotionally too; to know when to walk out of a relationship, learn to respect and love and also to demand respect and love too

If my daughter can achieve all these at 19, I would gladly support her union. I won't allow my daughter to go and be a kid to another man, or become a maid. She has to be his wife

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by mumumugu(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2019
it is too early to sentence oneself to life jail............haba........
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by mechanics(m): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2019
I won't.
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by Ryan03(f): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2019
Lol, so that she will be dependant on the man for life or will always be reminded how he was the one who made her who she is? A girl that is not even mature enough to handle her emotions na I won give out in marriage?
Re: As A Parent Will You Give Your Daughter Out For Marriage At Age 19 by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2019
At this age I would try to talk her out of it. I want her to explore herself and the world before making a life long decision. There is a lot to do that is difficult once you get married and have children. Had I married my boyfriend at 19, I would have regretted it since I now value different things in a partner than I used to in my childish naivety or I would have remained in this mindset due to a lack of exposure, which I am happy I didn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

If A Woman You Are Dating Shows ANY Signs Of Selfishness, DUMP Her IMMEDIATELY.. / Is It Good To Borrows Moneys To Marriage A Wife? / I Caught Her And See What She Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.