Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (639937 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LibrarianD: 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
Guzel, Carbuyer83 and oshiox thank you for increasing the knowledge level of a lot of us here

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
Guzel:

I stopped reading reading after your description of lecturers in your institution because I know better to engage you in a senseless teaching / non teaching war going on in our institutions.
Obviously comprehension could be rocket science for some, i apportioned blame to everyone. I stated that our inability to attract foreign funding is a problem. By that, I meant academics as non teaching staff don’t engage in projects except the technologists.
Pls note, I wrote on funding as a reply to the question/suggestion made by someone.

You see my problem with your post! You apportioned far reaching blames to other stakeholders in the education system and left out our academics.

Obviously, the only grey area for academics is their inability to attract foreign funding. That's for you! How about addressing the niggling underlying, foundational issues of crass corruption and continued intellectual ineptitude of our so called academics? How about leading a campaign against the continued blatant squandering of research grants by the beneficiaries? How about calling a spade a spade? Just, how about that?

We need to be sincere to ourselves in this country. I don't intend joining in the ever growing bickering between teaching and non teaching staff but posts like yours isn't helping matters. Both teaching and non teaching staff, school management, the government and the students need to work assiduously in restoring the lost dignity of the Nigerian man. Nobody should feel superior nor feel that the bulk of the blames lie with the other person. We are individually and collectively culpable in this malaise.

I rise

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
oshiox:
OK since lecturers are the worse. It's simple then the government should shut down Universities. It's ASUU that made the government not to build adequate hospitals, no roads, electricity et al.

How much do lecturers earn here compared to other climes?

As for research in my University inn the last 3 years they have made major breakthroughs in Agriculture and Medicine.... Did the government sponsor? No they did not.

I have a research work currently going on nobody is interested here guess who's interested? a school in Poland.

There are so many research work done in various universities that many are not aware of even when they go public no form of encouragement.

I remember a prof who worked on agriculture here and that research took him to Brazil. A work on Nigeria was implemented in Brazil.

So lets keep on throwing stones at ourselves here. Let the government continue having a swell time since they're paying us millions as salaries.

ASUU is at fault let the government that are saints shut Universities down.

Your positions are far from what I posit. My argument is that we all are blaming government and others, but we have our own problems. Yes government is not sincere, but we all are not helping matters. Individually, we're contributing to this decay we're witnessing and everybody is blaming everybody.

That's the problem
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
ashafson:
Hello Guys and Ladies if any
Can we just restrict ourselves yo the subject matter of NMW and leave ASUU/lectures/govt problem.
If you have a useful update on the issue pls share with us.
Tnx

Update at this point won't do anyone any good. This is weekend. No government staff works during weekends

..and we cannot run away from discussing our issues. Lest we continue wearing them like an albatross
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by taibat61(m): 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
This thing don enter page 53 without march salary

I even read dt N- power guys never receive salary

It's well
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ashafson: 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
Samakus:

Update at this point won't do anyone any good. This is weekend. No government staff works during weekends

..and we cannot run away from discussing our issues. Lest we continue wearing them like an albatross
If I may suggest, open a new thread to discuss the issue, that way you will have enough audience to discuss it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
I have a dream that alert will start rolling in from next week... Tuesday precisely

Don't ask me any question cos am hungry right now

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
LudaChriz:
I have a dream that alert will start rolling in from next week... Tuesday precisely

I am suspecting Thursday
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
roman1755:
I am suspecting Thursday
You're still suspecting... until u dream it
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
ashafson:

If I may suggest, open a new thread to discuss the issue, that way you will have enough audience to discuss it.

Suggestion noted! I actually intend running a research work on the issue of ASUU and Government face off. We need to fathom in an objective way, the underlying indices fuelling these frequent faceoffs and proffer workable solutions.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
Samakus:

Suggestion noted! I actually intend running a research work on the issue of ASUU and Government face off. We need to fathom in an objective way, the underlying indices fuelling these frequent faceoffs and proffer workable solutions.

please do.

this is a thread for salary payment not

Non-Teaching / Teaching face off

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
Rahym001:

please do.

this is a thread for salary payment not

Non-Teaching / Teaching face off

To salaries then!

I heard from a Union executive that Monday or at most Tuesday will bring us the expected alerts..

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Beebsquare1: 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
Samakus:

To salaries then!

I heard from a Union executive that Monday or at most Tuesday will bring us the expected alerts..

I pray so oo
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by slenjaman(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2020
Thursday and Friday
LudaChriz:

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
*FG directs Tertiary Institution to resume Session through Online Teaching*

https://abey3475..com/2020/04/fg-directs-tertiary-institution-to.html?m=1

The Federal Government has directed all Tertiary Institutions in the country to resume Academic Session by organising online teaching for Students.
The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu gave the directive on Thursday during an opened talks with 237 Vice Chancellors, Rectors and Provosts on how to reopen using virtual learning.
All Institutions have been shut for almost 2 weeks now to prevent the spread of Coronavirus pandemic in the country.
Unsure of how soon the Coronavirus pandemic will end, the minister directed all universities, polytechnics and colleges of education to activate virtual learning environment to enable students continue their studies through digital devices.
He noted that, although the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is on strike, government will do its best to resolve the labour crisis.
Adamu, in a teleconference meeting which lasted four and half hours with the Vice Chancellors and other heads of tertiary institutions from his home in Abuja, maintained that the Federal Government, cannot afford to shut schools for a long time.
He said he called the meeting to find solutions to the challenges posed to the nation’s school calendar by Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
In agreement with the new directive, most Vice Chancellors of private universities who were at the meting, embraced the idea and expressed readiness to reopen because they claimed that they have top grade virtual learning system.
Those physically present with the minister were the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Rasheed; the Executive Secretary of the National Board for Technical Education, Dr. Masa’udu Adamu Kazaure; the Executive Secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission, Dr. Hamid Bobboyi; and the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede among others.
Disclosing that he tested negative to Coronavirus at the session, Adamu said: “We cannot be held down by COVID-19, we have to deploy all e-platforms to keep our universities, polytechnics, colleges of education and other schools open.
“COVID-19 has changed everybody. I am pleading with you to device alternative ways make sure the education of our children will not stop. We have to create virtual learning environment.
“This is the second meeting I am having. All I want is that we should fully engage our students. We are already speaking with the World Bank and UNICEF on how to create platforms for virtual learning classrooms.
“We need to take advantage of technology like the case in other parts of the world. We cannot shut down all schools when we have other means to teach our students.”
Responding to a question, the Minister said: “As for the strike action, we will try to resolve issues with ASUU to have synergy.
“But the private universities that are not on strike can start with virtual learning while we are finding solutions to issues between the Federal Government and ASUU.”
Although a Vice Chancellor of a second generation university said “the e-platforms cannot replace face-to-face contacts with students,” the Minister said: “This is a period we have to make use of the platforms available, we cannot keep students at home.”
He also asked the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) to work out modalities on how primary school pupils and secondary students could learn by using radio and television stations.
“We will work out how we can involve state governments to use radio and television stations.
At the session, most of the Vice Chancellors of private universities were excited by the prospect of reopening.
They all admitted that they have “top grade virtual learning system.”
A Vice Chancellor of a private university said: “Hon. Minister, you can see why it is necessary to amend the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Act to enable private universities to benefit from intervention funds.
“Other than complying with the directive of the Federal Government, we did not see any reason for closing private universities because we have efficient virtual learning environment.”
Vice Chancellor of Federal University, Dutse, Prof. Fatima Bature, said: “We are very strong in virtual learning, we are set for it.”
It was not immediately clear when the reopening of varsities online will begin.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
Will all these arguments cos our salaries to drop tomorrow ?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by bulaj(m): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
We can't just wake up one morning and say we want virtual learning. Kia. Nigeria.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by freeman500: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
bulaj:
We can't just wake up one morning and say we want virtual learning. Kia. Nigeria.
Trust Nigeria, cos other developed countries are doing it we feel we can.
Where is the Network?
Where is the data?
Where is the power(NEPA)?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by bulaj(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
freeman500:

Trust Nigeria, cos other developed countries are doing it we feel we can.
Where is the Network?
Where is the data?
Where is the power(NEPA)?

Just an avenue for millions of Naira to be released and siphoned. The best we would get would be handouts and voice notes shared over WhatsApp or Telegram and Jamb administering the exam.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 6:25am On Apr 06, 2020
it's anoda week
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by chrisifeanyi: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2020
March salary received, Federal Polytechnic, no minimum wage, no arrears, received this morning at 7:42 a.m
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2020
Expect your salary today.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by dollext: 8:25am On Apr 06, 2020
mistermanpikin:
Expect your salary today.
UNILAG confirmed
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ashafson: 8:27am On Apr 06, 2020
March salary recieved in my sch even though i havent seen mine but there is a flood of complains about reduction in the amount received.
Fed poly
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Birniwa(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2020
March salary received some 20mins ago. No arrears and there are further deductions compared to what I received in February.

Federal University.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 8:48am On Apr 06, 2020
March salàry received
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 8:49am On Apr 06, 2020
ashafson:
March salary recieved in my sch even though i havent seen mine but there is a flood of complains about reduction in the amount received.
Fed poly

Same in federal university. My sister got 94k now instead of 100k she got last month. Level 7:3

Her husband got 6k reduction too.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by k2kay(m): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2020
March salary received with 6k deduction. A federal college of education.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 06, 2020
Samakus:

Same in federal university. My sister got 94k now instead of 100k she got last month. Level 7:3

this ippis people should get their act together for once. What a mess we are in
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 06, 2020
Samakus:

This ippis people should try and get their acts together. Their incompetency is ridiculously ridiculous
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by slenjaman(m): 9:19am On Apr 06, 2020
Nawa oo. Are we progressing or retrogressing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (269) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.