Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106719 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by ijewejones: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
Bahddo:
lol. Separating oneself makes one an animal? Yeah, the right thing is to do stuff because everyone else is doing it. Typical sheeple mentality. No wonder you lot are religious - everyone else is and it's less stressful when you don't need to think for yourself but just follow 'tradition'.

Enjoy your tradition, man.

Lol,'sheeple mentality'?

Accept the fact that those church INDIRECTLY enjoy from all/any opportunity that they claim they ain't celebrating.

Please run along with your self deceit.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
blueAgent:

Am glad you have interest to know the truth.
We could start from here. kindly click the links and read.

www.creation-science-prophecy.com/hell.htm

www.creation-science-prophecy.com/special1.htm

https://www.helltruth.com/

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/30/t/hell-fire--a-twisted-truth-untangled

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4988/t/is-the-devil-in-charge-of-hell-

https://www.nairaland.com/5520177/man-satan-immortality

All the quotes are on just one of the questions I asked. So, I think you aren't an adventist. My mission is to get a view from an adventist.

Well, after reading through the links, it is really the same debate. After listening to the two sides of the reality of eternity in hell, I have concluded on one truth which is death. While you are in support of death as the exact time the fire in hell will be put off, your opponents think death is eternity in hell. But all the links refused to answer the question when hell fire will be put off. Hmmmm!

Going by this debate, it is an easy one for me to not bother myself too much on the subject. And really, there is no truth anyone can say in regards to abstract debates. You are talking of another life. The question is: what if you are wrong too? The issue is that it does not matter if you are wrong because that you believe hell is eternity or not will not disqualify you from making heaven (let us assume there is one). So, why this arguement? Why is this truth so important? Of what use? I mean, what difference does it make? Why turn such abstract debate into a doctrine?

My view is that divine revelation is a reliable individualistic conviction when it comes to abstract and the life to come. For Christ sake, one is left more confused because the same bible is what your opponent will use to back up his claim. It is just sad that the argument is everlasting. Why? It is abstract. Only personal conviction through revelation can make one satisfied. The real deal is to wait till after we die. Lol. You still gat to wait. Perhaps you will then start the argument then. Hmmm!

Please, an adventist should come to my aid. I really need to read about the investigative judgment. If there are points on annihilationist view of hell, kindly let me know.

Can an adventist open a thread on this? I may not be around after today, but will surely read when I have the time.

Thanks so much for the links. Bless you!

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by NLSavage: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
peteruuu:

I'll be glad to tell you more than you could ask for.

I just sent you a PM sir.
I don't use the email. Just quote me with your number on a dead thread. I'll whatsapp chat you
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Section7: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Deeperlife celebrates Christmas I begi, just dat they dont see it as something dat big....... I kw many dat do celebrate I beg
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Janosky: 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
mastermaestro:

It is a cult. Your rants won't change the truth. grin grin Leave the cult!

Talk is cheap.
Still no proof for your baseless fairytale. Continue LYING like your pastorpreneurs, that's their very unique talents.

Membership -fee- paying -slave- to-occultic- gods- of -men -pastorpreneurs, your delusion is beyond redemption.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by dwizzed(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
Please, make everyone get him own impression about xmas... Live, love, share and celebrate. If you are saying xmas root is demonic, then you should not be using most of the instruments in church.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Ezehillary(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
MrCaesar:
Mountain of fire celebrate Christmas
am surprize too, deper life is having retreat every 24 , 25 , 26
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blesoh(f): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
RCCG members are busy with let's-go-a- fishing program too.
We are not against it
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
Ornament2003:

A Big fat lie.

Deeper Life and MFM celebrate Christmas.
They are just moderate about it.
Deeper Life is known for moderation in all things.
Go to the houses of the members they are celebrating with chicken and rice.

This is where the line is drawn between those who believe (trust) the interpretation of their leaders and those who only do eye service in their place of worship! Hebrew 13:7:17 undecided

Of all the religious groups the OP mentioned, ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses truthfully stick to their teachings! 1Timothy 4:16

The OP did Justice here by quoting what the founders of these religions said concerning Christmas, but their followers aren't loyal to their leaders. Matthew 7:15-20

The Psalmist warned against such a gathering. If they don't believe (trust) those taking the lead in their respective worship centres, it's advisable to quit going there than to go and DISOBEY those speaking the word of God to them! Such action is tantamount to MOCKING God! Psalms 1:1-2

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blesoh(f): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
stevmatt:
You didn't mention RCCG
Don't they have resaons to give?
We celebrate Christmas please
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
mastermaestro:

It is a cult. Your rants won't change the truth. grin grin Leave the cult!

Please can you prove that Jesus of Nazareth is NOT a Satanist?
Because his contemporaries accused him of being the head of Satanists! Matthew 12:24, Luke 11:15 embarassed
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by darkhorizon: 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?

Chosen by who?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
Bahddo:
you think you aren't a pagan grin

You are likely a pagan to the next person that doesn't worship the same god as you, even if one religion is really no different from the next. The muslims would happily call you 'infidel'.

You think I am pagan because you say so. Lol
Na you Dey call person pagan na you still Dey call me pagan . Lol

Did I ever condemn anyone? Lol
Different strokes for different folks. Na Muslims sabi.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
TV is a communication technology in our generation just like the donkey was a transport technology during Yeoshua generation. If Yeoshua made use of the technology of his own generation by riding on a donkey, common sense and logic should tell you that he would have seen nothing wrong with TV if he were to live in our current generation.
paxonel:
calm down, we are not fighting
read the question i asked. I didn't say that Free nation members are not allowed to watch television. My question is, why are you people watching television?
Yeoshua never asked you people to be watching television did he?
why then are you people watching television?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Jaysolu(m): 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
Walkingkilo:

Guy, dead this okoto yarns
Deep down we all know that Jesus was not born on 25th December
obviously nobody really knows when Jesus was born
But chrChrist is a general holiday for both believers and unbelievers
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Ceeflowz: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
MrCaesar:
Mountain of fire celebrate Christmas

I've been waiting for sm1 to say this.. God bless you bro
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by osazsky(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
muzeze77:
It is the birthday of zeus a roman god who was sent to save the world. Jesus was not born on Christmas day. he was not born in the winter. Someone could have picked another day to honor him as his real birthday is not known instead they took a day to honor a Pagan. Do the math
God created each day,dat date has been chosen, let unbelievers celebrate thier own zeus on that day and let Christian celebrate christ on that same day do u know how many rapist,killers,cultist were born on d same day with u,dat doesn't stop ur family from celebrating ur own birthday,let the Zeus celebration thier own on this day and allow Christian's celebration jesus on dis day it doesn't change anything,over righteousness will not kill some people amen
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by sevenhundred(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
[quote author=Solidkay post=85179813]Christmas celebration has become rampant among the Christians. Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

But some Churches refuse to be celebrating Christmas and below are the 6 Churches that don't celebrate......... why ? they should put more effort in research and tell their followers the actual day of his birth, instead of denied them the merry merry, one thing is certain Jesus was born in a day.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mgbadadike: 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
darkhorizon:

Chosen by who?

The Bible you read today, how did it came about? Did it fall from heaven?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
Maximus69:

This is where the line is drawn between those who believe (trust) the interpretation of their leaders and those who only do eye service in their place of worship! Hebrew 13:7:17 undecided

Of all the religious groups the OP mentioned, ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses truthfully stick to their teachings! 1Timothy 4:16

The OP did Justice here by quoting what the founders of these religions said concerning Christmas, but their followers aren't loyal to their leaders. Matthew 7:15-20

The Psalmist warned against such a gathering. If they don't believe (trust) those taking the lead in their respective worship centres, it's advisable to quit going there than to go and DISOBEY those speaking the word of God to them! Such action is tantamount to MOCKING God! Psalms 1:1-2

I differ from what you spewed here.
Faith is a revelation. And the revelation is a continuum. The faithfuls keep growing in revelation.
There are a few things the church leaders have said in the past, but as they keep growing in faith and revelations, they found out those things were not exactly what they thought they were and they keep making some adjustments.
At a time, Pastor Kumuyi painted Television as the devil's box. So members were discouraged from watching television. But today, the church has outgrown that, television is now a commonplace in most deeper life members' houses.
Also, Pentecostal Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, and not by the church leaders. Every Pentecostal Christian has a measure of the Holy Ghost to teach him all things, to remind him all things and to guide him. That's why it's written: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2pe.1.20.KJV
So, no Pentecostal church leader can lord anything on the members, except those members are ignorant!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
Ornament2003:

I differ from what you spewed here.
Faith is a revelation. And the revelation is a continuum. The faithfuls keep growing in revelation.
There are a few things the church leaders have said in the past, but as they keep growing in faith and revelations, they found out those things were not exactly what they thought they were and they keep making some adjustments.
At a time, Pastor Kumuyi painted Television as the devil's box. So members were discouraged from watching television. But today, the church has outgrown that, television is now a commonplace in most deeper life members' houses.
Also, Pentecostal Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, and not by the church leaders. Every Pentecostal Christian has a measure of the Holy Ghost to teach him all things, to remind him all things and to guide him. That's why it's written: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2pe.1.20.KJV
So, no Pentecostal church leader can lord anything on the members, except those members are ignorant!

Every religion has its shortfalls. He is guilty The same thing he is accusing you of. When their leaders who are termed gb realise their old teaching is false they chang it and term it new light. Lol
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
paxonel:
bia!

were you not thought literature in English in your secondary?
So, you want to pretend that you don't know what figure of speeches are abi?
You don't know hyperbole, synonyms, metaphor or even simile yet you want follow Christians who are more intelligent with these things to talk abi?

Sorry for you
Lol. U think u talking to a baby ba. Mr Figure of speech. There are certain words and part of speech that signify a FOS. So which FOS are u using n what is the underlying word.
Sha goto bed. Goodnight
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 11:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
cerpvad:
TV is a communication technology in our generation just like the donkey was a transport technology during Yeoshua generation. If Yeoshua made use of the technology of his own generation by riding on a donkey, common sense and logic should tell you that he would have seen nothing wrong with TV if he were to live in our current generation.
let me reiterate what you have said but the other way round.
Christmas is a social celebration which brings happiness and unite a lot of people and also serves as a means to convert a lot of non Christians into christianity even in our generation. If Yeoshua in his generation was happy when other people were happy (John 2:2), common sense and logic should tell you that he would have seen nothing wrong with people happy celebrating his birth if there was time and any need to do that .
Remember, Jesus never had time for frivolities and celebrations as his main target was to embark on a journey with his disciples to as far as Jerusalem where he was to be crucified?
So, there was no time for jamboree!

Now, that he is crucified and he is resurrected and people are saying they want to jamboree, please let them do so until it proven otherwise that Christ himself is not happy with them and will come to disrupt their happiness, it's their right to be happy and celebrate.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2019
macklef:

So which FOS are u using n what is the underlying word.
these were the simple questions you should have asked before quoting someone and attacking the person fallaciously as if you are feeding him.

In that comment, i used Personification : using a human character to describe a non human object.
The idol was the object that performed the verb stealing so it was called a thief.

Do i need to explain all these?

See, you Nigerians don't have manner of approach at all, is this how you are grooming your children by jumping on people and attacking them when they say what is confusing you?

Go sleep jo
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by almarthins(m): 12:33am On Dec 26, 2019
imolile:
Legalism is the problems of Nigerian churches, most people have not heard that word before
Legalism (or nomism), in Christian theology, is the act of putting law above gospel by establishing requirements for salvation beyond repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and reducing the broad, inclusive and general precepts of the Bible to narrow and rigid moral codes.
We don't do this and we don't do that is human attempt to attain holiness or righteousness by mere works,
Sometimes the strictness imposed on people tends to rob people oF true Christianity which is more about the saving of the souls of men
In the course of Practicing legalism, many of the men have sent a wrong message about Jesus to the world
these seclusion that made people to differentiate themselves in most cases is not of God
Christians are to be Lights in the worLd,
Light does not shout,
Light shines.
these Legalism is like shouting and it makes us worse than Judaism
this is the point where the Jews were when Jesus Came
Christianity is more than all these, you can bring people out of ignorance only by loving them not by legalistic seclusion

Actually Legalist are the most of all hypocrites because they cannot keep up with true legalism
God Condemns all man in one statement Roman 3:10 , Isaiah 64: 6
It is Only Jesus who qualifies to attain Gods righteousness and we must come through Him

Devil just sit don dey laugh all adams descendant. Christmas to most is all about funfair no be christ. Dem just use jesus christ take cover up. As u dey celebrate jesus, which cake u prepare to celebrate him? How many times u worship jesus christ today? No forget say daniel prayed 3 times.day. there is nothing special about xmas

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by almarthins(m): 12:41am On Dec 26, 2019
osazsky:
God created each day,dat date has been chosen, let unbelievers celebrate thier own zeus on that day and let Christian celebrate christ on that same day do u know how many rapist,killers,cultist were born on d same day with u,dat doesn't stop ur family from celebrating ur own birthday,let the Zeus celebration thier own on this day and allow Christian's celebration jesus on dis day it doesn't change anything,over righteousness will not kill some people amen

Na the chicken and jollof rice dey tontontori u. Lol. God can nt share his glory with any one. Christ can not be celebrated on the same day with zeus.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mayorjoshua50(m): 12:48am On Dec 26, 2019
Before you talk make research and make sure you are a member of the church don't just post something your dad told you when you were a kid..[color=#990000][/color] shocked shocked
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 26, 2019
blesoh:

We celebrate Christmas please

Ehhh, when una start
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mocok7: 2:34am On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=Sunnycliff post=85199283]

Who chose it? Did God instruct him to do so?[/quote

" Happy New Year" is not in the Bible and the origin of "Happy New Year" is DEMONIC.

If you don't believe, Google is your friend.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by IMASTEX: 3:54am On Dec 26, 2019
mgbadadike:

To you and others mentioning me, if you think that John 1:13-14 is not worth celebrating then show me where it's written in the Bible.

God taking a human flesh just to redeem us worth celebrating every single day of our lives.

Without him taking the human flesh and coming into this world, He wouldn't have died on the cross to save us. Christ's birth is worth celebrating every single second of our lives.

It doesn't matter which date it was fixed, what matters most is who we're celebrating; the Lord Jesus Christ our saviour and our redeemer, who came into this sinful world and died just to save us.
Peace!
The verse is neither none will you find one verse in the Bible celebrating or asking Christians to keep His birthday as a memorial, as a against the clear instructions for His death. You didn't answer my earlier direct question, was it omitted? Hence it mades it a custom & tradition thing without biblical base. Let's align with the later since we can infuse what will believe is okay. That also made the mode of celebrating it justifiable. I.e. Use of Santa Claus, heavy drinking, the other room for singles on the eve.
I had signed out quoting Paul's. To some a particular day is more important and to another everyday is same, let all be as long as it is unto the Lord.
Peace!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 3:55am On Dec 26, 2019
paxonel:
these were the simple questions you should have asked before quoting someone and attacking the person fallaciously as if you are feeding him.

In that comment, i used Personification : using a human character to describe a non human object.
The idol was the object that performed the verb stealing so it was called a thief.

Do i need to explain all these?

See, you Nigerians don't have manner of approach at all, is this how you are grooming your children by jumping on people and attacking them when they say what is confusing you?

Go sleep jo
Shii with the literary brouhaha... That was never my bone of contention against ur post what concerns me with literature am i charles dickens?
My grouse were with shallow statements as this just to justify christmas , so Christians have the right to fix 25th December irrespective that the same date was set aside to celebrate idols. christians has the right to fix for God n jesus. Same way they had the right to make a golden calf right?. Stop saying rubbish. Eat ur glorious rice n chicken in silence next time
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 4:12am On Dec 26, 2019
muzeze77:
It is the birthday of zeus a roman god who was sent to save the world. Jesus was not born on Christmas day. he was not born in the winter. Someone could have picked another day to honor him as his real birthday is not known instead they took a day to honor a Pagan. Do the math
is Zeus the sun god? Will u keep quiet,Zeus is like amadioha a god of thunder. Be it as it may u do not honour someone and not call his name or do anything to signify u honour them. But those lots celebrate Easter do they know when Jesus died.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

"Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.