Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) (62395 Views)

Enugu State Builds Roads To Connect Roads Accross Thick Forests / This Village Has No Roads, The Only Means Of Transportation Is By Boat / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by hucienda: 10:03am On Dec 26, 2019
Akathriel:
No wonder they're all running to the West-Side to come explore the land of Milk & Honey.

And in spite of our hospitality & accommodating gestures, they look for every opportunity to calling us Brown-Roof Republic. grin

cheesy nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Outreachms: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2019
Which part of Aba is this? at least give us a complete view Aba is not that Aba, Aba has lots of motorable roads and street no one should come here and post nonsense
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Subzero047: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2019
The funny part about this is that Igbos created this thread to spite other Igbos

6 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2019
But u people are clamouring for biafra as if u will not have people ruling u.
U people don't go after ur governors and other grassroots leaders.
In fact no state in the south east gives hope.
And this goes to all the other regions too.
The day we start holding our governors accountable and voting only good ones is the day we will reap benefits.
If u doubt me, let someone name 3 governors in the last 30 years that has left a lasting legacy in his state.
Am waiting.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Tembebe: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
And all these traders are unable to come together, contribute money and build a road; they're waiting for Government, not paying taxes and just living lives of the abominable Gorilla!
Man should be removed from the designation black man; people of the Nig ger Area
Because they are dirty human beings themselves.
Anywhere in Nigeria that has a dirty environment and the people are going about their businesses or even living there,as if all is well,there is something that should tell you:
The people there love dirts,squalor.
People there can't claim to be neat inside their various homes and the surroundings will look like that and they will not be appalled to the point of taking action themselves, without waiting for the Government.
Its a big LIE.They are naturally dirty.
PS: I am not saying they should build a road o,it's the Government's responsibility, but they can do something about the unsightly and appalling environment

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by fabolouz1(m): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2019
Ana is a case study why Local Government as a form of Government should be scrapped in Nigeria and administrators appointed to oversee the running of affairs.
That not withstanding , The both Orji's who mismanaged that state for 16 years should bury their heads in shame & beg for mercies.
Gov. Ikpeazu himself is not fit to rule

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by emerged01(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Must you create a thread about it on nairaland so your enemies will abuse and laugh at you again?
Why did you deliberately leave out the new roads constructed recently?
I doubt you are from Abia.
See reasoninggrin

https://www.nairaland.com/1421847/true-image-abia-state-pictures

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2019
This is just propaganda from opposition. There are places like this in every Nigerian big city and no matter who becomes Governor or President they will still exist.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Fash20: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2019
And they still can call that thing a road

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Stanleyville(m): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2019
shocked

Dead state!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2019
Akathriel:
No wonder they're all running to the West-Side to come explore the land of Milk & Honey.

And in spite of our hospitality & accommodating gestures, they look for every opportunity to calling us Brown-Roof Republic. grin
so all the Igbos in the SW are from ABA? Please use your brain.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stson is also the formerly notorious bearer of the moniker chino1 to chino1000 and this thread is fake. He has been fighting with Abia State Nairalanders out of jealousy after I posted a drone picture of Aba on another thread. I think he's related to a mode hence this misinformation.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by NaijadrivaCars: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon, Naijadriva visited Aba some months ago and I saw the filth everywhere. And Ikpeazu I learnt governs the State from ABa, where he lives.

Only some areas are clean, like residential areas.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2019
This is the real Aba

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by slowice(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2019
This disgrace is too much..... Even bornu looks better...... Totally disappointed in that fat pig of a governor and more disappointed in abians who elected even for the second time a known disappointment. Haba!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ppogba: 10:21am On Dec 26, 2019
Aba; the only city in Nigeria where FERMA had to clear refuse before embarking on road rehabilitation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by eltata(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Oh my God

Please how do you expect those living in this environment to think and act like a normal human being. cry
I stand to be corrected, as a field service engineer with vast experience in Nigeria' s territory, ABA is the dirtiest place "town" in Nigeria and probably West Africa. So so disgusting and I wonder how humans live in that place.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Unbiased1:

You better shut up

What is there to shut up for?
South east has the worst roads I the country.
Maybe Kogi state too.
I stayed in Ibadan for 19 years.
Then potholes don't survive weeks. They didn't construct many new roads but they maintained the ones they have.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by iwantolive: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2019
Akathriel:

Keep shut you idiot.Tribalism has eaten too deep into your brain.Nigeria belongs to every Nigerian.Mind you I am not an ibo.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by safarigirl(f): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2019
blowjohn:

What is there to shut up for?
South east has the worst roads I the country.
Maybe Kogi state too.
I stayed in Ibadan for 19 years.
Then potholes don't survive weeks. They didn't construct many new roads but they maintained the ones they have.
Quite a stretch to be honest. My worst traveling experiences have been in the South South axis, especially Benin and Asaba.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by TommyAnthem(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Orji Uzor Kalu laid the foundation for the decay of Abia state, Theodore Kalu built on it and Ikpeazu is perfecting on it, the threo are not fit to
be equated as normal beings, they have sold their conscience long time ago and thus no human compassions in them.
Davash222:
The photos up there are the reasons why Orji Uzor Kalu is in prison.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by nwadiuko1(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2019
these are old pictures of ngwa road in aba......besides there is harmattan and everywhere is dried up,
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ProWalker: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2019
Abagworo:
This is just propaganda from opposition. There are places like this in ervery Nigerian big city and no matter who becomes Governor or President they will still exist.

Sharrappp

Show me anywhere like this in Abeokuta

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by lifeisbeautiful: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2019
I stand by words,federal government is not our problem (probably 10%),the day we Nigerians wake up from our slumber,then Nigeria will be a better place.
First our problem is grassroot.
Do you know your councilor officer in your area?
Do you know your local government chairman?
There are huge allocation for each local government,example coker/aguda about 80-100million naira monthly(LCDA under Surulere local govt), we should hold our public officers accountable for this allocation,it's our right and they are there to serve us.
From this allocation they should maintain our local roads and other project within the local councils,if we are United we will get our local council officers doing the right.
Bad road will reduce,more employment will be created,good governance.
It's our money,it's our right to get good infrastructure from local level
God bless Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by caprini1: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
This is why they are all moving to the Niger Delta.
You want Biafra but you can't even develop the 5 tiny states you have.
We need to send all those Okoro immigrants back to Aba.
Yeye people.
Exactly why i never criticize any president.The 5 eastern states are not up to the size of Kogi state,they collect billions in monthly allocations but have nothing to show fir it, except for may be little from Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra and you expect me to join the bandwagon of hate filled brothers? NEVER!.

Igbos are known to build from little resources,why are our elected politicians not doing so?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by dominique(f): 10:30am On Dec 26, 2019
How hard is it to build drainages on roads?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Reffone: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2019
Bro I live and work in aba so I feel ur pain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by TEDHorsePower: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2019
Abagworo:
This is just propaganda from opposition. There are places like this in every Nigerian big city and no matter who becomes Governor or President they will still exist.

Owerri and Aba looks so much alike in bad roads and filth. So we understand your point.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by alpontif(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2019
I had the misfortune of serving in Aba like ten years ago, it is basically the Dirtiest Environment I have ever had to stay at, more surprising to me given the Slander Igbo people carry about Yoruba people been dirty, take it from me, the dirtiest place in Yoruba Land is far far tidier and cleaner than ABA, especially ABA south, all that Obohia ariaria areas, people are literally living in slums and on refuse dumps....

Very very very Dirty City...., terrible roads, no drainage....

Chai, I suffered that year...

I still have so much PTSD about the Dirty ABA environment that I have not returned to the place since I left ten years ago, coming from a Pako guy like me who did not grow up in a GRA, that should tell you something about the scale of INHUMAN Filthiness that is embodied in the City called ABA.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by topcin: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Davash222:
The photos up there are the reasons why Orji Uzor Kalu is in prison.

Then the Governor's after him should be in prison too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / MALL OF AMERICA: Beautiful Pictures From Inside The Biggest Mall In The USA / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.