Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki (47467 Views)

Stop Using Me To Make Money From Obaseki - Oshiomhole Tells Philip Shaibu / Pelumi Olajengbesi: Ambode Should Learn From Obaseki, Godfathers Can Be Unseated / Ephraim Inyangeye Shares COVID-19 Palliative As Christmas Gifts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by aalangel(f): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2019
Petty...Petty....Petty!!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by fredoooooo: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2019
Greek gift .. Alaye stay on your lane cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by izicooo(f): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2019
GEJDHERO:
Obaseki should stop the short man devil's pension, lets see if he wouldnt grumble.
lol, you are so intelligent..
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by wink2015(m): 11:29am On Dec 26, 2019
Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) and former Governor of Edo, has rejected Christmas gifts from Edo State Government.

Mr Crusoe Osage, the Special Adviser to Edo State Governor on Media and Communications, disclosed this in a statement in Benin on Wednesday.

Osagie said the conventional Christmas presents reserved for former governors of the state that were sent to Oshiomhole were turned back.

He said that messengers from the state government were dispatched to deliver the gifts on Christmas eve.

“The messengers said they met the mother of the former governor who rejected the items, stating that her son would not accept the gifts.

“The gift items meant for Comrade Oshiomhole include four cows and ten bags of rice”.

He said the distribution of Christmas gifts was an annual ritual by the state government which serves as an expression of love, further strengthening the ties between the government and the people.

He said the gifts were distributed to other government functionaries, political appointees, heads of security agencies, traditional rulers, religious leaders and heads of institutions of higher learning, among other prominent people in the society.

Osagie said Obaseki and Comrade Oshiomhole had been locked in a political tussle over the governor’s policy choices focused on prioritising the peoples’ welfare as against pressures by a handful of politicians to share the state’s resources.

He said the governor had set the political rift aside to perform the ritual of sending the gifts to Comrade Oshiomhole.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/oshiomhole-rejects-christmas-gifts-from-obaseki/

THE WORLD IS WATCHING OSHIOMOLE.

All this his behaviour will count against his democratic credentials as a national leader of the Apc and a political leader within Edo state and Nigeria at large.

He will be shocked at the polls that freedom to choose their political leaders lies within the Edo state people and not the ABUJA FORCES that he is using to boast.

THE UNITED STATES, UK and the western countries should impose travel ban on leaders like Oshiomole that use undemocratic means to trouble the country.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by zolajpower: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2019
Lookwise:
why did you say that?
Bcus ..... Bcus ....... Bcus I say that

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Lookwise(m): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2019
zolajpower:

Bcus ..... Bcus ....... Bcus I say that
now i can realize what u are
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by correctyourself(m): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2019
The Governor is really sick up there, Ten bag of rice and four cow to do what? I just hope that one when he governor is out of power should be sue to court to tell us where we have it in our constitution that in period like this cow and rice should be given to people like oshomhole and others that was mentioned.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by GEJDHERO: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2019
izicooo:
lol, you are so intelligent..
cool cool cool
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by encryptjay(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2019
Mehn these naija politicians enjoyment no b small O. Nothing for the masses.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by golddare: 11:56am On Dec 26, 2019
That's how these guys waste our money.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2019
Charmingrascal:
Four cows and ten bags of rice for each of the ex Governors when many people no even get money to buy shawa fish and one cup of rice to celebrate Christmas for the same Edo State. Ex Governors that are already rich are getting ten bags of rice and 4 cows.

Fear God oh fear God oh
That's Nigeria for you
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by 27Pushing30: 11:58am On Dec 26, 2019
Charmingrascal:
Four cows and ten bags of rice for each of the ex Governors when many people no even get money to buy shawa fish and one cup of rice to celebrate Christmas for the same Edo State. Ex Governors that are already rich are getting ten bags of rice and 4 cows.

Fear God oh fear God oh
Do they mean Igbenedion is still collecting pension ?? And other perks attached to being a former Governor??

Mehn
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by SPIDER90: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
John Oyegun don chop clean mouth tongue grin
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by thugmansion(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
Obaseki is not your everyday politician. He has a business that he can go back to even if your so-called "Emperor" removes him from office, which I don't see happening. We don't need politicians that take politics as their main occupation.

Just to remind you that the dynamics of Edo politics it's quite different from other states. Don't get your hopes up as you may be disappointed.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by SPIDER90: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mumu Obaseki, you want him to collect Greek gift so you will later claim that na ten lorries carry gift to his house. Thank God for not greedy and wise mother. God bless you Mama Oshiomole for standing with your son.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by obanla01(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
Wisdomkosi:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/oshiomhole-rejects-christmas-gifts-from-obaseki/
haba!! 4cows and 10 bags of rice for 1 person. Chai God dey
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by joepepsy(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
100 million naira or dollars..these people got no heart.
123456789samuel:
So, this is how our money is been spent annually. With the numbers of people mentioned here, don't be surprise that N100m would have been budgeted for this. God will judge all of na.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Charly68: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
Love this comrade, no kidding ;,you can't disgrace a man in the open and be pretending you love him in the closet ,the Governor has missed it

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by melayemi: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
He said the distribution of Christmas gifts was an annual ritual by the state government which serves as an expression of love, further strengthening the ties between the government and the people.

What has the people got to do with this
Stoopid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by AreaFada2: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Indispensable85:
Obaseki is just another corrupt politician.I thought he was a saint. 4 cows and 10 bags of rice? God punish all of una!

What if it's the tradition started by Oshiomhole or even an earlier governor? Won't it be seen as disrespectful if he stopped it?

We learnt last week that Tinubu of Lagos was first to begin the crazy corrupt jumbo pension for ex-governors in Nigeria as a whole. Conveniently just before he left power. Now Tinubu is the leading "Saint" in the party APC currently ruling according to his supporters.

I can bet that Tinubu received far more FROM LASG than Obaseki sent.

If we want to talk of corruption let's not be hypocrites.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Raylight2(m): 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by itsene: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
wink2015:

THE WORLD IS WATCHING OSHIOMOLE.

All this his behaviour will count against his democratic credentials as a national leader of the Apc and a political leader within Edo state and Nigeria at large.

He will be shocked at the polls that freedom to choose their political leaders lies within the Edo state people and not the ABUJA FORCES that he is using to boast.

THE UNITED STATES, UK and the western countries should impose travel ban on leaders like Oshiomole that use undemocratic means to trouble the country.
Always senseless.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by romenna: 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
Even obaseki is one of them aftèrall.
Wasteful expenditure in harsh economic times.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Legendguru: 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
Oh
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by duscollins: 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
I guess u live outside of Edo state. The truth is the masses support Obaseki especially with this pet projects of tidying up a Street in every province.

quote author=OgunLaakaye post=85213409]Obaseki is a goner!

He should keep the cow and rice for life after he is booted out of office.

Obaseki has forgotten that short people are the first evil that befell Earth and they never forgive. A short Oshiomole will nail his political coffin and more reason I always advice people I love the most to never create or have a relationship with short people.

Oshiomole has downed bigger politicians and Obaseki is just a toy he will conveniently dispose at the right time[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by KennieKingOba(m): 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
and some did not even have what to eat on christmas day... Such is life
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Anogo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
wizzyrich:
Give him yam, palm oil and fanta, he'll accept speedily. Oshiomole only accepts sacrifices.
u wicked oo,na person papa be that oo
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Yet they will say Nigeria is united
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by Indispensable85(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
AreaFada2:

What if it's the tradition started by Oshiomhole or even an earlier governor? Won't it be seen as disrespectful if he stopped it?

We learnt last week that Tinubu of Lagos was first to begin the crazy corrupt jumbo pension for ex-governors in Nigeria as a whole. Conveniently just before he left power. Now Tinubu is the leading "Saint" in the party APC currently ruling according to his supporters.

I can bet that Tinubu received far more FROM LASG than Obaseki sent.

If we want to talk of corruption let's not be hypocrites.

What's my business with who's doing it? My point is, it's totally wrong. Whether it's tinubu,obaseki or anybody it's wrong. These guys have stolen enough already, they can take care of themselves.There are too many poor people in Nigeria for those in power to be this wasteful.
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by zolajpower: 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Lookwise:
now i can realize what u are
How am I ?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by tonididdy(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
I like obaseki but this move was cowardly and unnecessarily embarrassing.

Why send Christmas gifts to a Muslim family? Looks more like an indirect apology gift

Obaseki I nor understand you oh, you want quarell or fight?
Re: Oshiomhole Rejects Christmas Gifts From Obaseki by tonididdy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
Charly68:
Love this comrade, no kidding ;,you can't disgrace a man in the open and be pretending you love him in the closet ,the Governor has missed it
Exactly my point, the governor is2faced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How Wole Soyinka Was Arrested By A Police Officer In The Good Old Days(pic) / Boycott Tinubu’s Inauguration, Baba-ahmed Begs Buhari, CJN / Kadilo Barina-Kabari Vowed To Never Shave Beards In Rivers Finally Cuts It Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.