Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) (9419 Views)

Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings / APC Bribed Tribunal With N23b To Oust Me – Wike / Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Musa Dikwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2010
Boboribo:

Did you ever believe money was doled out? Are you not disputing the figure now. Your insult means nothing. Face the fact

Like I said, you are a liar.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Boboribo: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
I am sure you are waiting for Bakare to say its $20000 then you'll go to town and say I TOLD YOU SO.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2010
Boboribo:

I am sure you are waiting for Bakare to say its $20000 then you'll go to town and say I TOLD YOU SO.

Like I said, you are a Liar.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Boboribo: 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2010
Is that all you can say? No more insults. Have you forgotten I live in beer parlour $ swim in pepper soup? Come dish it.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
Boboribo:

Is that all you can say? No more insults. Have you forgotten I live in beer parlour $ swim in pepper soup? Come dish it.

You got that right, you are a Liar.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by nellaluv(f): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2010
Did they trek to aso rock?

koastar:

In fact, i wonder why Goodluck would bribe Tunde Bakare/SNG Group? I still don't understand the intention of the journalist in this story. SNG is not a political party neither is it a rival force. So, the issue of bribery in this case does not hold water, no evidence of purpose for bribery. If the accuser(s) is/are sure that it's bribery , the purpose should be published. This is no case at all. It is baseless

GBAM! Besides pastor bakare does not lie, lol.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by ohaechesi(m): 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2010
$50,000, not a bribe? You don'y pick such money by the road side neither can someone give it out just for a mere transportation, it's unbelievable
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Dede1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2010
Even if the job seekers referred as SNG Group flew from Australia to Nigeria, the transportation expense amount claimed in the article begs for thorough investigation.

Anyway, GEJ is capable of anything to remain on the corridor of power. After all, he has flouted his party’s constituted clause of zoning in order to remain relevance in Nigeria’s polity.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by lovejo(m): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
[size=8pt]stop the hate, if you come to my house, it is my responsibility to give you transport back home or show gestures , if i go ASO ROCK and no envelope i would be very disappointed, so it is now bribe because presidency offer you something, if he has given some of unemployed amongst them good job in the country it is also bribe.

Sahara just like twisting Nigeria masses with their unprofessional news.
[/size]
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by HARDDON: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
simply twisted!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2010
It's over 48 hours and HuhuOnline remains the only media channel carrying this story of a denial. Vanguard, Tribune, Champion etc have yet to retract their version which has Bakare confessing to being offered a bribe. Are we to read something into this?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
come to think of it, of course they would have counted the money before they returned it - to avoid any funny claims that the money was 'not complete'
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2010
Or they could have been informed of the amount by either Uranta or Odumakin

Odumakin further explained: “Before we could drive off he [Orubebe] brought the ‘gift’ from the President and he said so. We rejected the money instantly but he was persistent. Wisdom dictated we couldn't be creating scene at the [Aso Rock] villa gate after midnight.” 

“We headed to our hotel and called Mr. Tony Uranta to come up with us. We then called Orubebe and put him on speaker to let him know that we are returning the money through Uranta back to him and to the president. Mr. Uranta then said that he appreciated our integrity.”

Mr. Odumakin revealed that the $50,000 came in “five bundles and all $100”. He added that, in order to guarantee that the money was returned to source, they also called Oronto Douglas, a senior adviser to Jonathan, to inform him of their action.

“We had moved on and we ordinarily would not have embarrassed the Presidency on this matter,” Mr. Odumakin further wrote, adding, “But 48 hours after the visit Saharareporters called to inquire if we visited Jonathan, which we confirmed. We then learnt that the meeting leaked through the other party. At that point, it became clear that some people were out to do some dirty job. It was later revealed to us that the story that was actually sold was that we collected money from the Presidency.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan%E2%80%99s-50000-bribe-another-sng-delegate-provides-more-details-orubebe-issues-denial
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Goldenmeda(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
uhmmmmmmmmmm fifty thousand dollars for transport fare, america by road, u na don c maga.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by youngmonie: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
Goldenmeda:

uhmmmmmmmmmm fifty thousand dollars for transport fare, america by road, u na don c maga.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin really funny ohhh, sometimes Nigerians lets their emotions or love for somebody or something affect their sense of judgement.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by 1stestees(m): 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2010
This GEJ guy is dumb. Dumb people attract their likes.
Sentiments apart, we are in a mess as a country and cannot trust our future to this guy. Lets leave out any kind of sentiments , ah ah, haba?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Truequest(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2010
embarassedAll of a sudden some guys now feel Sahara Reporters are not credible.
Remember that the stature of justice is blind folded. So whoever is
involved must be picked out; OBJ, IBB, GEJ, Atiku, Buhari or Ribadu, just name them cool
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2010
Why is huhuonline all of a sudden believeable to some? merely because their take on this issue looks to them like a softer landing than the presentation of other news organisations including saharareporters.

Some will shamelessly engage in debate about semantics than call a spade a spade.

It is a fact that there is a blurred line between bribes, kickbacks, and gifts. This is why in serious countries a public servant is not allowed to offer either of the 3 for any reason.

Jonathan Goodluck as President is a public servant and hence has no business offering gifts, bribes or kickbacks to visitors. It is unacceptable and if this is the idea of Nigeria that this group of people are promoting under Jonathan then they clearly have no moral right to call anyone else corrupt.

BTW Please what sort of inland transport in Nigeria charges its passengers in dollars anyway? Keep in mind that this is the same President who had the temerity to call others saboteurs of Nigerian Economy for holding a foreign bank account. Please what can be more disloyal than the President of Nigeria spending dollars in Nigeria (not minding that he had no business giving anyone bribe, gift or kickback!!!!)
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by ALTRUTH(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
Some people are arguing that Pastor Tunde Bakare did not mention $50,000 but the issue here is not just about the amount. The president shouldn't have offered the so called transport fare! I wonder if everyone that goes to ASO Rock receives this transport fare!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2010
^^^^

Some are very childish and trivial.

whether it is 1 naira or 1 million dollars.

The offence is the same.

In a serious country it is an impeachable offence and by now the Inspector General of Police would have questioned the President on what he knows about the money. Since we have immunity, Orubebe/Uranta should be questioned.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Ibime(m): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2010
If they like they should call it transport money. Its an inducement.

This is straight out of the IBB book of bribery. They give you small inducements to see if you are corruptible or not, and if you aren you go back for more, and they pay you the real bribe to do their bidding.

Some folks were arguing that Ohanaeze/Uwueche did not receive any money for endorsing GEJ. The evidence proferred here shows that Uwueche like every of GEJ visitors must have also received this "transport" money. . .then you know what happens next.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
@beaf

I remember those days (yesterday) when you use to be so cool, collected and calm in your response. then lots of people will barrage you with insults and accusations (myself inclusive) but you have this anoying cool, calm composure that unsits your opponents. Superb control over your emotions and never return insult for insult.

But now you seem to be on edge all the time, dishing insult to whomever opposes your view.

That is a sure sign of a man loosing it! A sign of a man with a bagage of worries. I hope all is well in your camp?

Take it easy bro! dont kill yourself for GEJ.

PEACE!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2010
^
Thanks for the advice. I noticed it doesn't pay to be cool and calm on NL, because even some mods feel you are fair game (you can ask the mods) and I have also found that reporting bad behaviour to the mods is a waste of time were the person involved is a mod (they start warning you about frivolities). So now I take no prisoners.

Blame NL.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Muza(m): 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2010
GEJ still remains a corrupt and unpopular slowpoke.

Rig2011ElectionAndDie
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by marcus1234: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by marvix(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
When all this nonsense started I said that it was a non issue, the amount was meant to cover transportation, accomodation and inconvenience allowance for answering the PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA! does that mean anything to anyone and how much can you really pay to inconvenience someone, GEJ only acted as a nice host.

When I visit my uncles in Lagos from Abeokuta, transport fare was only N200 and to get to their place wont cost me more than N500, when ever I am going back my Uncle would sometimes give me as much as N5,000.00 and call it transport fare.

Now what is the ratio of N200 to N5,000 and who am I and who is my Uncle, then how much is a 1st class ticket to and fro Lag to Abj, how many were on the entourage who are those on the entourage and who are they visiting, common guys, $50,000.00 wont pay for a ticket to the moon.

ohaechesi:

$50,000, not a bribe? You don'y pick such money by the road side neither can someone give it out just for a mere transportation, it's unbelievable
Off Dat!:

7.5million naira for transport money How many were they and where were they travelling to. Thats alot of ,money from transportation.
mr man, stop trying to be smart - are sng government employees?

what official business were they in abuja for?

i wonder what sort of organization you work in, in which people are given cash / not cheques without tendering expense/travel reports

you do sound like you're in the fg though - sounds like something our lawmakers would do

do you realize how ridiculous your claims are?

The quotes above are just some examples of educated illiterates the Universities under past regimes have produced.

Someone asked for the difference between 6 and half a dozen, answer is, 6 is in figure, half a dozen is in words.

Jonathan gave them $50,000.00 if you are very sad about it kindly pick a mop and head to the Atlantic Ocean and keep yourself busy there!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by 9ijaMan: 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2010
marvix:

When all this nonsense started I said that it was a non issue, the amount was meant to cover transportation, accomodation and inconvenience allowance for answering the PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA! does that mean anything to anyone and how much can you really pay to inconvenience someone, GEJ only acted as a nice host.

When I visit my uncles in Lagos from Abeokuta, transport fare was only N200 and to get to their place wont cost me more than N500, when ever I am going back my Uncle would sometimes give me as much as N5,000.00 and call it transport fare.

Now what is the ratio of N200 to N5,000 and who am I and who is my Uncle, then how much is a 1st class ticket to and fro Lag to Abj, how many were on the entourage who are those on the entourage and who are they visiting, common guys, $50,000.00 wont pay for a ticket to the moon.
mr man, stop trying to be smart - are sng government employees?

what official business were they in abuja for?

i wonder what sort of organization you work in, in which people are given cash / not cheques without tendering expense/travel reports

you do sound like you're in the fg though - sounds like something our lawmakers would do

do you realize how ridiculous your claims are?

The quotes above are just some examples of educated illiterates the Universities under past regimes have produced.

Someone asked for the difference between 6 and half a dozen, answer is, 6 is in figure, half a dozen is in words.

Jonathan gave them $50,000.00 if you are very sad about it kindly pick a mop and head to the Atlantic Ocean and keep yourself busy there!!!

If you had read the initial story you would have known that it was GEJ who actually invited them to Abuja.
It's absolutely ridiculous for you to equate your uncle's largess to you with GEJ's gift (transportation money or bribe or tithe) to the SNG guys. At least one of the reports on the scandal also stated there were 4 (four) SNG guys. One major difference here is that your uncle is your family but GEJ is a sitting president.

Since you've just told us that you've no clue about the cost of flight tickets to Abuja, I'll take a few seconds to enlighten you. There is nothing like first class ticket from Lagos to Abuja (or ABV to LOS) , the best you'll get is a glorified business class, which generally costs less than 40k. You'll need to do your maths again and now compare your Uncle's largess of 5k (for a 200 Naira journey) to GEJ's 7.5 million to the maximum of 160K needed by the SNG guys.

Get yourself informed before shooting from the hip, 'cos you may expose your ignorance unknowingly.

I do agree with you on your statement though, that Nigerian Universities under past (and the present) regimes have indeed produced a lot of educated illiterates as it's very obvious from your comments.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by MaiSuya(m): 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2010
ppl still dey debate this issue? e don do abeg! angry
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by citee(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2010
I have read some of the comments posted here and must confess some make a lot of sense while others are utter rubbish. From the story, Pastor Tunde Bakare himself has come out to say they were not offered bribe, but only given transport fare. Yet some people still have a problem with that explanation. I want to believe you offer some body bribe in other to induce them. In this case nobody has come forward to say that was the purpose. And for those who say $50,000 is too much, i beg to disagree with them that even if is was N2,000 that was mentioned they would have still had a problem with that.
As for SAHARAREPORTERS who carried the story, i have since written them off as a bunch of clowns. The other time they wrote that Mrs Obama snubbed Patiance Jonathan in the US, only for her PA to disprove the story by providing pictures Mrs Obama took with Mrs Jonathan.
If SAHARAREPORTERS was not an online forum, i would not expend my one kobo to buy their lies. 
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by youngmonie: 12:18am On Dec 02, 2010
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/audio-pastor-bakare-50000-jonathan-bribe-attempt

wer d Bleep are all dose jonthan fantics , hear this by urselfff
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2010
WOW  . . .  tori don wowo!! Now, the next question we will probably get will be "How do we know that is the voice of Tunde Bakare over on that tape? " lol
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by youngmonie: 12:42am On Dec 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WOW  . . .  tori don wowo!! Now, the next question we will probably get will be "How do we know that is the voice of Tunde Bakare over on that tape? " lol
lol!!!, what reall annoys me is ppl saying der nothing bad in it, 7m? ask orubebe if hes salary in a month is up to dat i mean is normal salary as stated on his job description

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Is More Ijaw, Ibibio,oron Etc Than Igbo....asari Dokubo / Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel / 2015: PDP Weighs The Jonathan Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.