Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) (9416 Views)

Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings / APC Bribed Tribunal With N23b To Oust Me – Wike / Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Musa Dikwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by SmashingM(f): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2010
Hope the haters are reading
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by goggs(m): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2010
for the uninitiated.

Whenever a person is summoned, officially, by a government department, there is an official offer of reimbursement for transport fare and accommodation. If its by flight its usually around N50,000 per person (flights to and fro and local transport). For overnight stay, if not quartered in government guest houses there is a payment called per diem depending on the status of the person and length of stay. For  VIP its much cos you don't expect him/her to stay in "nightlife hotel" of N1,000/per night.

Usually the beneficiary signs  a "collected by me" forms or the officer making the requests signs on behalf of the visiting quests. Though in most cases, the visitor is made to sign the forms so that all parties are in the clear that the  money is legitimate and the auditors dont go berserk with their green biro.

This is what happens in the office where I earn my daily bread. And its no big deal.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by oisehumen(m): 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
goggs:

for the uninitiated.

Whenever a person is summoned, officially, by a government department, there is an official offer of reimbursement for transport fare and accommodation. If its by flight its usually around N50,000 per person (flights to and fro and local transport). For overnight stay, if not quartered in government guest houses there is a payment called per diem depending on the status of the person and length of stay. For  VIP its much cos you don't expect him/her to stay in "nightlife hotel" of N1,000/per night.

Usually the beneficiary signs  a "collected by me" forms or the officer making the requests signs on behalf of the visiting quests. Though in most cases, the visitor is made to sign the forms so that all parties are in the clear that the  money is legitimate and the auditors dont go berserk with their green biro.

This is what happens in the office where I earn my daily bread. And its no big deal.

God bless u jare my brother.
The annoying thing is that; Pastor Bakare never mentioned $50,000
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Ecash1: 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2010
Glad that the issue is cleared,the whole thing was over rated,i was beginning to doubt Save Nigeria Group after seeing the "Sahara reporters report".But i wonder why this scintillating journalism.

Orubebe is not cleared yet ,He seems to be the government hench man for bad deals.Okah mentioned his name and now SNG.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hhmmmm, If these stories were true then SERIOUS WAHALA DEY FOR NAIJA!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by juman(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2010
I am doubting the intergrity of SNG members. Why did they spread the bribe rumour initially? People likes cheap popularity sha.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by celemel(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2010
How can the President of the Republic offer bribe of just $50,000 to a group of eminent men such as the SNG?  $50,000?  That is too cheap for a bride.  Even Ibori offered $15,000,000 to Nuhu Ribadu only! And he was just a Governor, looking for freedom from prosecution.  It doesn't add up tha GEJ, controlling at least $160,000,000/daily proceeds from the sale of at least 2000000 barrels of crude oil would offer a paltry $50,000 to a group as powerful as the SNG as bribe, for support to become the President of Nigeria.  Haba people!  It is nothing more than crying wolf where there is none!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by youngmonie: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
lol, i cnt laugh enough, $50,000 as transport fare?, in a country wer the avergae man doesnt even earn up to that in a year and some ppl are saying its just a gift?, if it wer to be IBB or Atiku now we would all be shouting,  , close to  or even 7million naira, we are joking in that country and even on this nairaland
People should not get me wrong ohh, im not saying its a bribe but $50,000 as transport fare wer the country is running deficits?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
presido1:

$50k for transport? shocked grin grin , may be they want to go right round the world 10 times before getting to Lagos or wherever they came from.

@ Beaf

When Sahara report in favour GJ they are credible but when against they become bear parlour. You are proving IBB right with his "Nigerian Youths are not ready yet" mantra.

Dude, cut the crap. I stopped quoting Sahara Reporters very long ago, so abeg stop lying na.
. . .And if you love IBB, thats your burden sir.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by bisiaet: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2010
Lets get this right it is part of the culture to give in some certain situation this case is very different from bribery because that amount does not even worth what a person of Bakare will take for any reason. Guys Bakare is never a poor man to be seeking money or taking bribe from anybody. Beside how can a president give 50,000 dollars as bribe for such group what will that do for them or buy for them? It was meant to be for petrol and they rejected it because of their intergrity so what is the noise now about?

If Gej want to bribe we all know what it mean and how much we will be talking about now and for what reason will GEJ even think of bribing them is SNG a political party? So what is the parameter to think of bribing them this is just baseless argument.

Lets change topic to better thing abeg.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
goggs:

for the uninitiated.

mr man, stop trying to be smart - are sng government employees?

what official business were they in abuja for?

i wonder what sort of organization you work in, in which people are given cash / not cheques without tendering expense/travel reports

you do sound like you're in the fg though - sounds like something our lawmakers would do

do you realize how ridiculous your claims are?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2010
THE $50K MAY NOT BE A BRIBE BUT IT WAS DEFINITELY THE HEIGHT OF MISMANAGEMENT, IF IT WAS MEANT FOR TRANSPORTATION, WERE THEY GOING BACK TO THE MOON?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2010
I posted this on another thread, but I think it is very relevant here as well:

Dude, you are damn funny! What a wretched peace of logic! shocked
Tunde Bakare has stated very clearly that:
[list]
[li]they were only offered transport fare[/li]
[li]at no time did money exchange hands[/li]
[/list]

Charlie, if money never exchanged hands, how was it counted? Are you saying Tunde Bakare is a serious winsh that can count what he hasn't even seen? Dude, that puts the $50,000.00 figure in the realm of street corner, alaye style "deduction." Surely not something for the educated!

If the money was never seen or exchanged, how come it was "known" to be in 5 bundles of $100 dollar bills? Na wa! So you mean Tunde Bakare has some wicked okija style winshcraft that see visions of the unknown? Why didn't the visions show him Naira or Pound Sterling instead, why Dollars? Dude, its a mystery! Its a miracle!

All hail Sahara Reporters for supplying us with "details!" And all hail our wretched educational system for producing low quality goods that ain't fit for purpose.

I de laugh o!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Muza(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2010
Abagworo:

Could beaf be Orubebe?

grin lmao, I used to think he was Ima Niboro/
Mr Beaf,the defender of the undefendable.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by slap1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
Sahara Deserters write both when they are drunk and when they are sober so I'm not suprized. And for the blindly anti-GEJs, $50,000 is too small to bribe a group like the SNG.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by MaiSuya(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
^^so just how much would suffice? $500,000? geez undecided
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by eliastayo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2010
Pls lets call a spade a spade and not a garden fork, Bribe or Transport money, the fact still remains that they were offered money. Can Someone tells me the difference between 6 and half a dozen? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by slap1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2010
oyb:

i wonder what sort of organization you work in, in which people are given cash / not cheques without tendering expense/travel reports

you do sound like you're in the fg though - sounds like something our lawmakers would do

What is your definition of "official business" and were you implying that a cheque should have been offered the group for their fare? And they should have tendered what? . . . Travel report? Whatever are you talking about, sir?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
Even if they were invited, the government has no right to dip its hands in tax payers' monies as settlement for its visitors' transportation.

Nobody calls a bribe a 'bribe'. It will come under different guises from allowances to fees.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by slap1(m): 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2010
dappssee:

Even if they were invited, the government has no right to dip its hands in tax payers' monies as settlement for its visitors' transportation.

Nobody calls a bribe a 'bribe'. It will come under different guises from allowances to fees.

You clearly are ignorant of what you wrote. Even churches dip their hands into tithe payers' money to effect the hospitality of visiting priests, seminarians and ordinands, etc.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by MaiSuya(m): 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
dappssee:

isn't that why they call it 'security vote', i.e the little change the president is at liberty to disperse without recourse to time wasting bureaucracies?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by jmaine: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2010
People requested for the henchman of the Save Nigeria Group in Person of Pastor Tunde Bakare to speak, now he has spoken and yet few for for just no understandable reason are still looking for cheap ways to fuel the rumor mill. The myth that people will always want to hear what they believe regardless of what facts are laid before them are currently being displayed on this thread and to me that is a big shame for anyone who conducts him/herself in such manner. Abeg make una comport oo! cool

slap1:

Sahara Deserters write both when they are drunk and when they are sober so I'm not suprized. And for the blindly anti-GEJs, $50,000 is too small to bribe a group like the SNG.

To me a bribe is a bribe whether na = N= 1.00 or  = N=  1billion. And to be candid, those sahara reporters seem to be adopting senseless strategies, all to avail themselves the necessary traffic to their site. An alarming Loads of rubbish being projected at any giving moment. Those guyz dey fall hands no be small.

dappssee:

Guy relax. that your yarn no join at all. . .Which government doesn't have a port folio to take care of hospitality. and they can spend it as they deem fit.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Epiphany(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
I dont understand why this arguement is still on when the person involved, TUNDE BAKARE, has said that it WAS NOT a bribe.

Secondly, i dont understand why we are annoyed that the alleged $50k, is TOO MUCH for transportation costs. Look, if you want to appreciate someone for heeding your call and taking the time out to visit you, wherever you are, you dont expect to 'give' him the exact amount he used for the journey. A little or a lot more than was expended on the ticket is always given too. For the caliber of people involved here, that amount was not too little.

Example: if i am based in Lagos and my uncle in Abuja asks me to come visit him for a purpose, i dont expect him to give me anything at all but even if he does, i dont expect it will be the 'exact' amount i paid for my fare.

AND PLS, lets all be honest, we have all experienced these sorts of 'gifts' from people, where we were given more than we expected, if we expected anything at all.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by mikeoscar: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
All of a sudden Sahara desert reporters have become a credible source of news for some of you just because GEJ Administration is involved. So that when it favors you , Sahara becomes your key witness and at some other time you discard and dissociate yourselves from same Sahara reporters. It is called speaking from both mouth with a split tongue/double tongue.

Na una know, for me those Sahara Gossips don't impress me so I won't even waste my time and I'm sure GEJ won't blink.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Oxygenmayo(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2010
that money could mean a different thing in the Nigeria dictionary, but don't you think that is a waste of money? $50k, is what some dying people needed to be alright in Nigeria, I begin to sense mismanagement in GEJ forth coming aspiration as president, !!!
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Boboribo: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2010
First Beaf never believed money was given out. Now he believes and disputes the amount and currency. What next?
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by BlackRevo: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
Boboribo:

First Beaf never believed money was given out. Now he believes and disputes the amount and currency. What next?

He never believe bribed money was given out but transport money so make you pack well go one side.

I de laugh cheesy
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by goggs(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2010
oyb:

My guy, It looks like you cant read.
Whenever a person is summoned, officially, by a government department,
Haven't you heard of invitation announced on the media and the would say "accommodation reserved in Nicon Hotel" so if the government invites you, you are to pay for your fares abi? Why ont you check up the meaning of 'per diem' and get educated. Even the UN pays that.

My point is that we should educate ourselves as to how things are run before jumping to criticize for its sake. I feel the frustration we all feel about Naija, but we need to understand things before screaming on others like Mr oyb just did. It doesnt help, one bit.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Beaf: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2010
Boboribo:

As usual, everything you have said above is a lie plucked out of thin air. Why? A grown up?Abi, you don de work for Sahara Reporters ReLiars? cheesy
Dude, i will keep praying fervently, that one day foolishness and dishonesty will depart from you.
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Boboribo: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
Did you ever believe money was doled out? Are you not disputing the figure now. Your insult means nothing. Face the fact
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
In fact, i wonder why Goodluck would bribe Tunde Bakare/SNG Group? I still don't understand the intention of the journalist in this story. SNG is not a political party neither is it a rival force. So, the issue of bribery in this case does not hold water, no evidence of purpose for bribery. If the accuser(s) is/are sure that it's bribery , the purpose should be published. This is no case at all. It is baseless
Re: Tunde Bakare: We Were Not Bribed (It Was Transport Money) by OffDat: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
7.5million naira for  transport money   How many were they and where were they travelling to. Thats alot of ,money from transportation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo / GENCOs, DISCOs Owe Banks N836 Billion Amid Crisis / Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.