Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria (35305 Views)

13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / How Many Times Must One Play 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? / 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:08pm On Apr 08, 2005
Hi there,

Do you watch the 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' programme shown on Nigerian TV stations?  Let's discuss this TV programme here!

Seun
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by whizkid(f): 7:44am On Apr 12, 2005
Sorry, I don't watch[b]" who wants to be a Millionaire" [/b] TV show but I have a friend who has actually participated. He won 0.15% of a million Naira grin. He said it was fun but stressful; was at the studio for 8.00am and didn't leave until 3.00pm.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2005
Well, I do watch the program, and I try not to miss it for any thing in the world. Last week, some cats just messed up. A guy who had 80K decided to guess and went home with 15. Another guy had 250 thousand decided to go on when he wasn't sure and left with only 150 thousand.

Well, it's a very nice show. The presenter is Mr. Cool/Slick. I like that guy.

But, coming to think of it, is a million naira that much (5 million is the show's limit)? Because that is a paltry 7,500 thousand dollars. So in the US, when you hear 1 million dollar shows or lotteries, you know they are talking big time. Because that's 135 million naira! That, my friend, can last you a life time in Nigeria.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2005
I love the program and I look out to watch it. It is actually an interesting program coupled  with the way it is anchored. The funny thing there is that when you get the 5th question correct,you get 15k(and they make the questions somewhat easy) , thereafter, for additional questions asked, the amount increases and when you fail any, whether or not you are getting close, your still leave with 15k!

Maybe it all boils down to the fact that it isn't easy to make a million naira so fast! wink
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by slimbeautyngyahoo(f): 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2005
i want to any just be part of any, modeling
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2005
Did not quite get that slimbeauty.
I skipped the show yesterday. but all the same, It is such a cerebral show such that the guy on the hot seat needs to know virtually everything under the sun! rolleyes
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Ra(f): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2005
That makes two of us dominobaby. slimbeauty seems to be looking for a modelling contract of some sorts. I however regret to annouce that we have no need for models here unless of course they wish to contribute handsomely to our various discussion, in which case we throw all doors open in a warm welcoming gesture.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2005
I must have missed it when I was in Nigeria last time (I usually try and watch local programs for comparison to ours). Our version of the show is not very good but you can win the equivillent of 100 million naira smiley
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Seun(m): 5:13am On Apr 24, 2005
Hunter: The show started running only this year!

The website of the 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' show in Nigeria is:
http://www.millionairenigeria.com

Frank Edoho, pictured below, is the handsome and classy 'host' of the show:
[img]http://www.millionairenigeria.com.nyud.net:8090/images/host_frank.jpg[/img]
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 7:51am On Apr 24, 2005
Here is our millionaire.

http://millionaire.ninemsn.com.au/default.aspx

(personally I hate our version, the original UK version is much much better)

I shall keep my eyes peeled next time I am over for the Nigerian who wants to be a millionaire (The questions they choose for local knoweledge are usually interesting here).
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2005
Hunter, as Seun said, the show started this year, and I believe it is going to run for a long while. Anyways, it is aired every friday 8.00p.m on NTA and em... I thought you were in Nigeria at present
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2005
Nope, not at the moment (just got back home). I was there for about 3 weeks.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by modalov: 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2005
just thought i'd add that the game show seems to be for lagos people only. not a nice way to treat the rest of the country. the show should be dubbed "Lagos who wants to be a millionaire".
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2005
modalov, i think i will oppose what you just said, though, I can't tell for sure where your location is. The show might not be aired in all parts of Nigeria, but I did watch it when I was in Ibadan.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 30, 2005
Now this is my example of the perfect gentleman. Mr Slick, shine shine bobo, correct guy. If I was a chick I would have ...
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2005
The guy's a lot more finer, una no make d bobo fine with the open mouth for here! wink
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by jolaoso: 12:47pm On May 21, 2005
i just love these programme.despite the fact that i work in a bank,every friday evening,
i rush back home to watch the programme,NEPA or no NEPA.i enjoy watching it.and i think frank is good.he is a fine man and i envy kate a lot for having such a fine man as husband.everything about him is just .....whao,he carries the viewers along.one of this days,i shall find time to be on the programme.i want to say more grease to your elbow,
seun,it is wonderful programme.i always get most of the questions right.i will surely come on to the programme one of these days.stay blessed.

jolaoso
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by jolaoso: 12:55pm On May 21, 2005
seun ,do you actually give out the money(cheques)i mean is it real?

i have to find out.

thanks.

jolaoso
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Shiyara(m): 5:38pm On May 23, 2005
As long as the questions are intelligent, I will watch it when I get back to Naija!
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Greatpeter(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2005
The programme is fantastic.

The moderator is looking cute with good spoken English. He creates tension and panic in the participants, puts everyone in suspense. I love the guy. Splendid performance!
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by mosiate(f): 4:56pm On May 24, 2005
The programme is really good programme - a very educative, entertaining and stess easing one.

I never wish to miss it. The presenter is very good. Infact, he is the best presenter and very,very,very lively.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by demmy(m): 5:51pm On May 24, 2005
I know they are multiple choice questions, but what are the examples of questions asked in this Nigerian version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by olaide07(f): 9:52am On Jun 01, 2005
It is a programme I'd really love to be a part of, only that you could not tell if it's reality show because I got a lot of friends that got the scratch card and hence they were not picked. If anybody knows how to register for 'Flying High' plese let me know.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by ashley(f): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2005
There was a guy that was asked a question about family tree and i think he went for a very dumb answer and he went out with nothing.
my bro said it was fear that gripped him so hard.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Pinky(f): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2005
this guy is definitely the bomb.. i just sit in front of the T.v & trip for his looks, good spoken English & knowledge.. the show is my best show so far in naija T.V..... the auditorium being used is so tech.. i first thot it wasnt a naija idea but thanks be to God .. we re moving higher in Nigeria....no be so?
pls jolaoso u said he's married to a kate? which kate o?

thumbs up for the show anyway..

the funniest thing is that.. wen we all sit in our numerous homes watching the contestants, we feel we know all the answers.. but i bet ur arse that if u happen to be on the show.. u will be tensed & u will be no different fro those who make it up to 150K & still make funny decisions that bring them back to 12K
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by delarontus(f): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2005
Kate Edoho of AM Express.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by justdman(m): 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2005
Hi guys, I can really see that this Nigerian version of who want to be a millionaire is a must watch from the you talk of it. The version we have here in UK its interesting and real, not a bad idea to copy a good thing since we equally emulate the ugly ones too. I think its time for Nigerians to benefit from the firms that has made a lot from them.

Also, it will be lovely if National lottery be introduced into the country and give our people the chance of being millionaires.

I'll definitely look out for these programme when I be in Nigeria later this year (hope it will still be on)
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by kemmy(f): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2005
O!my God.....!So Kate of a.m express is the wife....,good for her.Haba these girls sef, where dem dey catch dem,even Mariam and Charles Anazodo...hmn...hmn...hmn...!.I watched the program a few times when I was at home and I think it is really nice,but the version here in the U.K. is a bit difficult,maybe not for those who are natives here though. but considering if you have to win £1million.....what kinds of questions should one expect they ask....?!Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Pinky(f): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2005
pls i wanna get the KATE starit o! am always at work very early so i dont get to watch AM express anymore........ is kate the busty fine girl on AM express
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by IAH(f): 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2005
disallowed:

But, coming to think of it, is a million naira that much (5 million is the show's limit)?  Because that is a paltry 7,500 thousand dollars.  So in the US, when you hear 1 million dollar shows or lotteries, you know they are talking big time.  Because that's 135 million naira!  That, my friend, can last you a life time in Nigeria.

1 million naira is much in Nigeria o...considering the standard of living. But, come to think of it, even 7500USD is not "paltry" to an average American too!
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by delarontus(f): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2005
Kate is the lady with the low haircut. I don't know about busty! rolleyes
Re: 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria by Pinky(f): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2005
delarontus:

Kate is the lady with the low haircut. I don't know about busty! rolleyes
delarontus, thanks, now I know who Kate is. She's not the one I thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BeIN Network Says It Has No Agreement Or Deal With Any Nigerian Organization / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / Bbnaija: Meet The 5 Newest Housemates (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.