Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! (4820 Views)

Poll: Who should be the Sports Section Poster of the Year 2010?

JeSoul: 33% (12 votes)
A-40: 22% (8 votes)
Medjai: 44% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Efemena_XY Emerges Jokes Section Best Poster Of The Year 2010 / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 / Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by hannie: 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
Sagamite:

I was born shouting, the doctors tried to put silencer in my mouth but they failed. grin

NB: the whole selfless, chivalrous etc is intended to piss off those that will attack my supposed "non-patroitism" and think I should support unabashed cheating.

who dey ask u for explanation ? shocked grin
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2010
BRIEF CITATION OF FINALISTS

JESOUL: Already crowned the First Lady of the sports section with this nomination grin . An avid basketball, tennis and football (American) lover, she's very active in the NBA, tennis and NFL threads where she holds forth and mesmerizes with her incisive, well thought-out and in-depth analysis which are often humour-laced. Lest, I forget, she also contributes to "real football" threads once in a while grin ,an example being her posts calling for Instant replay TV technology to be introduced into football officiating in the wake of Thierry Henry's handball goal that eliminated Republic of Ireland and qualified France for SA 2010 World Cup.

She doesn't make lame arguments as she always quick to dig out statistics and relevant data to support any point she's making.For example, HERE

Here she is in her element doing what she knows how to do best. . . .

JeSoul:
^A-40 has come again . . . lol.

Both the LA and Boston teams from last years finals were pretty much evenly matched - which is why it went all the way to 7 games in the first place. It all comes down to who can execute the game-plan better at crunch time and it happened to be the Lakers (courtesy of being at home) as indeed the Celtics were up earlier in the game and let it slip away.

So 40-dude, it is by no means a given that a healthy Gasol and Bynum renders the Lakers unbeatable - for whia? wink (while reacting to a post by A-40 that an injury free LA Lakers are unbeatable in the NBA on the NBA 2010-2011 thread).

JeSoul:
^lol. Sorry A-40. Me I am incapable of separating a man's character from his talents. Maybe it's a woman thing.

But yes oh. We shall meet very soon and settle some scores. Hopefully, the refs will not be blowing calls and handing over games to your boys  wink . . . seriously, who could not see that Miami recovered that Ben fumble in the end zone? over-analyzing and lack of common sense can be just as bad. (while reacting to a post by A-40 in the NFL 2010-2011 thread)

JeSoul:
The same purists that would be screaming bloody murder had it been Nigeria in Ireland's unfortunate position.

Times have advanced, the way we do sports should morph, and people should stop clinging to a dinosaur when there's a ferrari parked beside it.  Soccer Football needs to catch up with the times and institute replay asap to stop the kind of injustice that happened to Ireland. One challenge (review/replay) can be equal to a substitution if the coach ends up being wrong, that way a coach would think long and hard before challenging a call on the field. (Calling for Instant replay TV technology to be introduced into football officiating in the wake of Thierry Henry's handball goal).

So does she have what it takes to be the Sports Section Poster Of The Year, 2010? Only your votes will decide. . . . .
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2010
MEDJAI: A football enthusiast, aficionado and authoritative voice on Nigerian Football, Nigerian Premier League. . .even the National League Division 1 grin and issues surrounding Nigerian footie. He's very active in Nigerian Premier League Fan Thread, Goals From Nigerians Around The World and is a regular contributor/poster to/in the Nigeria Premier League Match Day Threads. He also contributes generally to other threads concerning Nigerian Football and players in the section. He's also very conversant and current with global/international football issues and his opinions on this issues have always hit the mark,  .

His contributions have not been limited to football only as he has also dabbled into tennis (US Open & Wimbledon 2010) threads and even more unlikely areas such as F-1 and his comments have been meaningful. Here he is strutting his stuff. . . .

medjai:
I wonder how Russia pulled it off. I mean the only recognisable face in their bid team was Elena Isinbayeva, the polevault champion. Vladimir Putin and Dmitriy Medvedev were in faraway Moscow when all the other contenders had their who is who in Zurich. England had Prince William, David Cameron, David Beckham and others.

I think the fact that they have never hosted the world cup played to their advantage. I also think there's a motive to open Eastern Europe to the rest of the world. Eastern Europe have for long been a region shrouded in secrecy. Most of the countries there are called 'Iron Curtain Countries'. Most of the countries there dont belong to EU.

I dont think it's fair to criticise the English press as they were only doing their job. . .they could have been more pragmatic though. The Sunday Times report and the BBC Panorama feature were always gonna have adverse effects on their bid but then someone had to expose the rot in FIFA and its not fair they had to pay the price for being daring and audacious. The whole world and Nigeria in particular is benefiting from what they did. If Nigerian journalists were this daring, Nigeria wont be were it is today. Before his downfall, Amos Adamu had bought and paid for Nigerian football. He was the man behind the scene, pulling all the strings. That England were not given the hosting rights for the 2018 world cup probably because their journalists did what others could not do shows how dysfunctional and corrupt the world we live in is

As for Qatar 2022, I expect a lavish world cup. They are planning to build air conditioned stadia, can you beat that? (On Russia and Qatar Getting the hosting rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups respectively)

medjai:
The organizers should have waited till the end of the WC. Anyway, I'm with Federer. Federer will win because:
1. Grass court: Federer owns the grass court. Federer has only lost twice in 7 years on grass court. The second defeat was two weeks ago to Hewitt at the Halle Masters, Germany.
He has a 76-2 record on grass in the last 7 years.
2. Form: Nadal lost to Feliciano Lopez(30) in straight sets in the q-finals of the Aegon masters while Fed. made it to the final of the Halle Masters   and lost narrowly, 2 sets to 1 to Hewitt(26).
3. Wimbledon: Federer is to Wimbledon what Nadal is to Roland Garros. Federer has played in 7 finals winning 6 and only losing to Nadal in 2008. (Analysing the men's games of Wimbledon 2010 Tennis Championship in the Wimbledon 2010 thread)

medjai:
Still waiting on the outcome of the meeting of the executive committee on the Owumi/Baribote issue.  Anyways, whatever they do, they should make sure Owumi remains chairman of the NPL. The man obviously has a vision. This season, the league has taken a quantum leap from what it ever was and it can only get better with him in charge. Hardly have we had any case of crowd trouble, violence, referees being beaten up and all what nots that were hitherto bedevilling the league. I know he is not qualified to be NPL chairman but he should be allowed to continue based on what he has achieved in his short stay in office and there should be no need for another election

There's still a lot of work to be done especially in the area of television and publicity. They simply have to find a way to make the league seen on local tv. Besides, there should be features, magazine shows, highlight shows and all what not to help create a huge hype around the league. But then, Owumi has made an auspicious start and I hope he continues this way. (On the lingering tussle for the Nigeria Premier League Chairmanship position and what needs to be done to improve the local league)

So, shey im fit to wear the cap? My brothas and sistas, na una hand the matter dey o  grin
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2010
A-40: This guy na "ashawo" poster. Hin nor get area of specialization as im be perfect all rounder and ''master of all sports''. Someone even jokingly remarked that he could analyse the World Eating competition  grin.  He traverses the entire sports section posting in football, tennis, NFL, F-1, Basketball and all the threads although he's been most active in the Tennis, F-1 and NBA & NFL (where he's had a running battle with JeSoul) this year.

His analysis on threads are in-depth and always on point while his comments are always incisive. For want of words to describe this guru, I'll SMS here and limit the remaining to some of his previous posts

A-40:

That aint no Group of Death!! Group C is way tougher! We can qualify if we knuckle down and try to get results against France and Canada. We would be lucky to keep the score lower than 4 against Germany. (Reacting to the thread "Germany 2011: Falcons Land in Group Of Death)

A-40:

K.G is over-rated G!!

He led a team with Desagana Diop and Devin Harris to two games shy of a title! Something K.G never did on his own team! Unless you want us to believe he is the best player at the Celtics

He choked?? Name one player in the history of Sports who hasn't ? Kobe has, K.G too Allen, Paul Pierce the list is endless man try again!

K.G's offense is not as reliable as Dirk not even close! His defense is over-rated. Ball don't lie! Dirk's rebounding over his career is 8.5 in the regular season and 10.9 in the playoffs respectively. He averages a block and a steal per game
K.G is 10.8 and 11.2 with more or less the same number of steals and blocks! (While debating Chiogo, JeSoul & Dapobear and trying to make a point that Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks is better than Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics in the NBA thread)

A-40:

@Jesoul,You are so right! No matchup that's worth over-elaborating on

Broncos vs Colts should be interesting even though its hard seeing them beat the Colts and their spirits would definitely be low after the death of one of their team-mates

Chargers vs Seahawks. Another high-octane and definitely high-scoring game on the books as it always seems to be whenever Phil Rivers and Hasselbeck clash! I tip the Chargers to take it though

Ma Steeler boys should crush the Bucs

Texans vs Cowboys should be the game of the week. The Cowboys are a mess at the mo and how they are going to survive Matt Schaub is what i dunno (Pre-Analysing some games of the NFL 2010 Season in the NFL thread)

So has he done enough to fill the throne vacated by Rasputin or will the Kingmakers (voters) give the throne to someone else? Na una go decide am o

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE & VOTE.! .! .!
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by honeric01(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2010
Nice one, let the voting begins, cool
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by hannie: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2010
Seriously how did Rasputinn win last season ? shocked grin

PDP ? cheesy
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by mystikal(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2010
Cool List. . . . . . . Refreshing too. Let dem conc football (soccer) enthusiast rest small.

And also, thumbs up for those on the NBA thread, Some of us dont get to post there often, but we enjoy reading your posts and the Game!
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2010
Medjai babeeee kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by dayokanu(m): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
Idowuogbo:

Are you cheating on me?
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
^no am pissing on u tongue tongue, ur name no dey dia na
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by dayokanu(m): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2010
Idowuogbo:

^no am pissing on u tongue tongue, your name no dey dia na

Village girl, That is not piss, Its called Squirting.
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by honeric01(m): 2:04am On Dec 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Village girl, That is not piss, Its called Squirting.
Ashawo 10 10 kobo smiley
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by medjai(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2010
Idowuogbo:

Badosky toh baad kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
dayokanu:

Are you cheating on me?
see this Nazi! dem neva lock you for gas chamber before abi? grin
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
I just weak for you.

If only you know what you are playing with
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by JeSoul(f): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2010
wow. I'm flattered. All this praise for me? SemiD you sure say plenty typo no dey your post so? cheesy

My vote goes to my boy 40-Dude. His versatility is unmatched. He sticks to his guns and makes his point without shaking. I love the guy tons. A-40 for me kiss
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by semid4lyfe(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
JeSoul:
wow. I'm flattered. All this praise for me? SemiD you sure say plenty typo no dey your post so?  cheesy

No typos and exaggeration unless you want to deny making the posts I quoted in your citation grin

JeSoul:
My vote goes to my boy 40-Dude. His versatility is unmatched. He sticks to his guns and makes his point without shaking. I love the guy tons. A-40 for me  kiss

No problem! I'm sure Obama voted for Senator McCain rather than himself during the Presidential election and I'm sure GEJ will vote for Atiku at the PDP primaries grin

You sure se you be Nigerian so? undecided . . .anyway, if it be se u vote for ya self come talk se u vote A-40 for here grin

Best of Luck sha. . . .
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by A40(m): 2:43am On Dec 24, 2010
JeSoul:

wow. I'm flattered. All this praise for me? SemiD you sure say plenty typo no dey your post so? cheesy

My vote goes to my boy 40-Dude. His versatility is unmatched. He sticks to his guns and makes his point without shaking. I love the guy tons. A-40 for me kiss
Aww shucks!! I just come here to drop my two cents and bounce! Not an accolade seeker but thanks! I am humbled! I really am. You get my vote too ma'am as in i am actually voting for you
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by hannie: 3:16am On Dec 24, 2010
see me see comedy . . . grin grin grin

Nigerians cheesy
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by A40(m): 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2010
hannie:

Nigerians cheesy
hannie:

Nigerians cheesy
Where u see comedy bros?
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by Jarus(m): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
Reminds me of departmental politics in school. A guy had a campaign committee of 5 friends. When election result came out he had 3 votes, his own vote inclusive of course. All friends claimed they voted for him.
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by semid4lyfe(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2010
Jarus:
Reminds me of departmental politics in school. A guy had a campaign committee of 5 friends. When election result came out he had 3 votes, his own vote inclusive of course. All friends claimed they voted for him.

OMG. . . .so only two members of his campaign committee voted for him shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by semid4lyfe(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
Congrats to medjai for emerging the Sports Section Poster Of The Year 2010.
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by honeric01(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
Big us medjai, congratunobia, keep it up! Try to sustain the tempo in 2011.
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by medjai(m): 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^ I'll try bro. . .
Big thank you to everyone that voted for me. I'm really gobsmacked by the love y'all shown. I appreciate it.
Wishing everyone a happy new year. Have a wonderful 2011 cheesy
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by JeSoul(f): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
ooh congrats Medjai! smiley Happy Sports Posting in 2011.

@SemiD, lol. You would've been right except that A-40 is just sucha great guy. Such that him winning, is also me winning smiley
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by medjai(m): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2011
JeSoul:

ooh congrats Medjai! smiley Happy Sports Posting in 2011.

@SemiD, lol. You would've been right except that A-40 is just sucha great guy. Such that him winning, is also me winning smiley
gracias, Jesoul cheesy
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by Moyola(f): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
abi abi yu getn xcyted? angry tongue
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by A40(m): 8:03am On Jan 08, 2011
Congrats Medjai! Me I dunno how my name even got to that list
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by rasputinn(m): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2011
After my hiatus from this thread,I want to congratulate our candidate,Medjai for emerging sports poster of the year 2010
I can tell you I did not vote this time,I only  nominated and campaigned vigorously for him(t'was such great fun),after all the campaigning,I just laid back to see if my midas touch in politics still works. grin grin grin
It has NEVER failed

Congrats Medjai
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by rasputinn(m): 9:32am On Feb 07, 2011
hannie:

Seriously how did Rasputinn win last season ? shocked grin

PDP ? cheesy

Very funny,you think the ballot papers were printed in Russian?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Seriously,with all sense of humility I don't know how I won but I won fair and square.Don't even think about rigging cos it was as transparent as can be(find out from the mod who organised it,I mean we're talking about FBS here.Of all the people that voted for me,only one person is personally known to me,so stop your mind from wandering.

I don't want to wax spiritual about grace/favour/God speed and the rest,but know this for sure,when it comes to elections where I'm a candidate,I hardly lose(I may not know how it happens,but I just hardly lose)
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by hannie: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2011
^ story . . story

STORY ! grin
Re: Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! by rasputinn(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
LOL
Hanie you no well at all wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

queen2 - Im happy to be here / Questions For Aloib! / Why Is It That The NIGERIAN NAVY Is Very Wicked More Than Army And Air Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.