Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,071 members, 7,953,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? (10935 Views)

Poll: Is he an asset or a nuisance?

Asset: 54% (50 votes)
Nuisance: 45% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Etisalat Mast Power Generator Causing A Nuisance / Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! / Improving The Sports Section: Nairaland Needs Your Input (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Seun(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2007
I've just banned Jackal. Are you grateful or are you upset? Does he deserve to be banned or not?
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by doyin13(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2007
Most Definitely an asset.

His notoriety extends far beyond these shores. . .

And surely you most of all must knw that any publicity is good publicity for your biz . . . wink
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Cougar: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2007
@ seun,

u banned jackal?
now this place is going to be so boring.
he is a valuable asset.
people provoke him to react and i cannot blame anyone fighting in self defence.

pls unban him.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Seun(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2007
Who are the people that provoke him?
Give me their names, I want to ban them.
And links to their provocative posts too.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by akinalabi(m): 11:38am On Nov 29, 2007
Seun, I disagree with you on this one.

Jackal was surely an asset.

Granted, he swears a lot but I think that can
be curbed.

He's got a phenomenal knowledge of the game
and he is needed here.

Akin Alabi
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by viperman: 11:48am On Nov 29, 2007
I don't often post in the sports forum, but I look out for Jackal's posts.
He is a very great asset and has very good football analysis. Banning him is outrageous. I suspect foul play here. I think he has some personal issues with someone who is close to the the owner of the site.
Please unban him.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Akolawole(m): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2007
Yes, Jackal is an Asset but he must cut down/completely his vulgarity.

We cannot do without him in Sports.

@Seun

please unban him
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by HNIC(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2007
Seun,
When I joined nairaland,I had a spat with him in which he went overboard by insulting me and my parents.
I felt bad and almost quit logging in here, but after reading some of his posts that are not anti-arsenal, he does have a deep knowledge about the game and talks sense once Arsenal isn't involved,
I don't support his being banned, but I think he should be warned that hurling insults on people and their parents is not civilised.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by chuckdee4(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
Just like HNIC, Jackal and i brawled when i first joined, its very easy to say he's quite vulgar but such has become the nature of the Arsenal n Manu thread, ask any regular its become part of the everyday business down here.
I don't support insulting people's parents and i do know that Jackal has been known to go overboard but the truth is that banning him would make this place boring and like it or not the dude knows his football amidst all those insults.

So Seun please unban him else Arsenal fans will run riot on his beloved scummie land
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by ayusman16(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
Jackal is a very intelligent chap and his knowledge of the game cannot be compared. But the way he insults at the slightest provocation amazes me.

People like that need to be checked so as to bring sanity on this forum.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by wormedup(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2007
Seun,

you didn't say anything about why you banned him.
now you want opinions about his virtues
from my point of view, you already have something planned out.
i really don't see anything anyone says here making a difference.

lol, nobody wants to outrightly call jackie chan a nuisance.

Jackal, you are a nuisance ! phew tongue
but that's probably why a lot of people can't do without you cool
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by toshmann(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
chuckdee4:

its very easy to say he's quite vulgar but such has become the nature of the Arsenal n Manu thread, ask any regular its become part of the everyday business down here.

we dont have vulgarity in liverpool threads, some peeps are more matured than others cool

chuckdee4:

like it or not the dude knows his football amidst all those insults.

knowlegde and excellence should not be an excuse for indiscipline cool

@seun,
if he is guilty of what he is accused of, then banning him is the right thing to do. he can always have a 2nd chance, remember when you banned me?(albeit unjustly grin) i had to mail you, promised "full repentance" and showed real penitence(for an offence i didn't commit  grin ) at least it was some humility and gentleman display. let jackal plead guilty, beg for pardon and lobby for unbanning. we should not tolerate insults on nairaland simply because someone is knowledgeable and remember, no one can lay claim to a monopoly of knowledge. so if there is a different opinion in an issue with the 2knowledgeable fellow, insults will follow? no way. cool

i noted that so far there has been no denial of the charge against him.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2007
Banning Jackal is an overkill!

I think Jackal is highly volatile but you can curb his excesses by employing other punitive measures not an outright ban.

Though, we've had our own fair share of battles but I still respect his indepth knowledge and understanding of the game. He  should soft-pedal in the way he drags parents into cyberstuffs at the least provocation.

These days, the influx of people into the sport section without anything to offer is alarming (Islander is the first culprit here and Jackal is responsible).

Seun, it's high time you flushed these wolves in sheep clothings out of the sport section to maintain its sanity.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Seun

Don't tell me this was the reason you had some threads here locked out this morning.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by chuckdee4(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2007
toshmann:

we don't have vulgarity in liverpool threads, some peeps are more matured than others cool

I was talking about proper threads not tumble weed land
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by mrpataki(m): 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
Seun:

I've just banned Jackal. Are you grateful or are you upset?

I am upset! Yes he may have his vulgar language at times, which we once had a brawl over, but it does not displace the fact he makes this forum interesting when it matters.

Well I for one, understand the fact that a lot of things go on this forum which does not speak well of young adults. In fact, if you don't belong to a clique or have ideas that align with your proponents, the next thing is for your proponents to assume that you are nuisance to the forum. This should not be so!

Well as it, your forum your rules.

Please unban him.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by tosinadeda: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
He is an "uncultured" asset,cld be reasonable at times,but once he gets high on God knows wut,he jst goes wild
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Vieira(m): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2007
He is a prat!
He goes over the top on peeps all the time.

He knows his footie true.

The problem is that while some peeps can handle his insults, some cannot and then it descends into name calling.

For me it does not bug me but I cannot speak for others.

But I must say this: if you unban him, then you really cannot ban anyone else for using similar language.

My vote?
unban him just after Man U lose the next match. do not dare unban him Arsenal lose o!
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by ayusman16(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2007
Banning him cld serve as a deterrent to others who use insults to drive in their points. angry
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by wormedup(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
Jackal has been posting all day; where's the ban
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
wormedup:

Jackal has been posting all day; where's the ban

The last time Jackal posted with this username was 1.53 AM this morning

We seem to be attaching unnecessary importance to an unpopular thread created by Seun to test the popularity of a certain character.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by wormedup(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2007
fynewaka:

The last time Jackal posted with this username was 1.53 AM this morning

true that; i just saw "today" and . . . . . .
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by whitelexi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
This is the best news i've heard today, jackal was truly very biased in his judgements, he allowed his undying love for his team to come into his judgement and ended up arguing with everyone.
He launched unecessary verbal assaults on anyone and everyone who didnt agree with his judgements or opinions, even when he knew he was wrong.

I like the guy, he started very nicely, saying things as they were, but with time he has changed. Now he abuses people's integrity as well.
Ban him for a week as a warning, and then release him. If he persists in this negative way then make it permanent.

He was an asset but slowly has turned into a nuissance, especially to the Gunners!

Gunner Infinitum cool
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by mayordee(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
Ban him please
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by ayusman16(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2007
I think he should be made to apologise to those he insulted. Period! grin
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Ralvy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
Most Defnitely an asset cool
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by denniz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2007
@seun,
his a great asset. Why ban him? No use. HIS BIG BIGGER BIGGEST ASSEST
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by mrferlie(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2007
well hmnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Le Chacal is a GREAT TALENT on this section.
oga seun, unban him with immediate effect.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Ralvy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
ha-ha! Seun, Release him o . . . grin cheesy cool
Or we Ban u angry cool
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by topeorekoy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
he is really an asset but sometimes i dont read his posts cos of the things he always say in them. above all he is a cool asset. maybe the ban will make him not to swear again
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by lordimpaq(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2007
definitely an asset,

i have to admit, he is an asset,
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Ralvy(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2007
;d cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Occupy Nairaland / Pictures ; Human/dog Hybrid / Four Storey Mall Collapses In Accra, Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.