Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) (100403 Views)

Mother Gives Birth To Three Kids For Son In Kwara (pics) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Zimbabwean Mother-in-law Demands Sex From Son-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2019
It was dragging him away.

A 15 foot scrub python has attacked a four-year-old boy in north Queensland.

He said screams of his son alerted him when the snake latched on to his son's leg.

The brave father has told of the terrifying moment he saved his four-year-old son from a 15ft scrub python by killing it with a sledgehammer.

Mr Thompson saw the snake with its jaws locked around his son as it tried to drag the terrified youngster away.

Recalling the ordeal, he said: 'Clifford was holding onto the side of the boardwalk and it was pulling him, literally, pulling him under into the bush.

'I ran straight up and punched it at that stage and it let go.

'But as soon as I let go, it curled right back up and bit him again.

So I grabbed it, pretty much, as hard as I could and just bent it back to get it off him out.

He added: 'That thing wasn't going to let go, it wanted to eat my child.'

Mr Thompson told how he then resorted to punching the snake in the head.

He said: 'I punched it in his head and it let go, but within a second or two, it bit him again on the upper right leg, a bit higher than where it got him initially, and it started pulling him off the boardwalk into the bush where it properly would have liked to wrap him up.

'At that stage, it was dragging him backwards and I could see what happened to his leg and it was starting to open him up, and then I knew it just wasn't going to let go, it was too strong, and that's when I grabbed it and grabbed its jaw and try to pry open as hard as I could.'

Mr Thompson said his son managed to get away but the beast came back and tried to grab him again.

He said: 'Luckily he got his leg out and he ran up to the gate on the boardwalk trying to get away, and that was great, but as the snake fell back down in the garden, it just slivered straight back on this side and tried to get at him.'

It was later killed with sledgehammer.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7819939/amp/Hero-dad-saw-15ft-python-attack-four-year-old-son-beat-death-sledgehammer.html

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Clifford was rushed to Mackay Hospital.

The injuries the young boy sustained from the snake attack in Airlie Beach.

Surgery was performed on Friday and Clifford is expected to make a full recovery.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by greatmarshall(m): 8:02am On Dec 27, 2019
shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Explorers(m): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2019
Mr Thompson's house in Airlie Beach (pictured) in north Queensland is situated near tropical forest.

Evan Thompson and his family (pictured) recently moved into the Airlie Beach property.

He told Daily Mail Australia that when the snake still tried to go after his son he grabbed it by the tail and yelled for someone to get weapon.

'My mate and my wife went to the toolshed and found a sledgehammer and hit it,' he said.

'If it had let go of my son when I first punched it, I might have let it go but it was so aggressive.'

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Fizzymike1(m): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2019
Stupid snake. And las las una go troway the meat o.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by majamajic(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2019
best dad in the world

646 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by daddytime(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2019
Scary shiitt

Lala do anyhow for Aussie him see anyhow.

180 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by mdpeace(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2019
nawa oo all these oyinbo snakes get mind ooo.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by cassidy1996(m): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2019
the boy get luck.....what did they expect, bushes all over

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by dominique(f): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2019
Such a terrifying experience for the little boy, thank God his dad was able to rescue him before he got crushed by the monster snake. Too many dangerous reptiles in that country, Nigerians hoping to flee there should first learn to protect themselves from snakes, crocodiles and alligators.

239 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2019
That boy will remain scarred with that memory for life. Such a brave father! That's the kind of man I want. Brave, fearless and courageous to shield me from the dangers of the world. smiley

That's one reason I hate Australia. Too many snakes. I don't think killing that snake was the best idea, though. Snakes will soon go extinct if they're being killed this way. Let's save the snakes. smiley

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by missjo(f): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2019
This is weird. It's not normal for a python to try eating a human, to the extent this one avidly tried to get back at the kid even after his dad had gotten him away from it severally.
Such a weird snake, it would rather eat than make a clean escape.

If this happened in Africa, I would call it voodoo.

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by tillaman(m): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2019
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2019
JESUUUUU
Super dad yeh but why live close to a forest na?
You are even considering it letting it go if it had released your son.
Clap for yourself Mr Thompson, very nice of you considering letting the snake go if it wasn't stubborn.
Thank God you didn't let it go, if not it would have healed, come back to complete the unfinished job.
Get well soon little boy.
I can imagine the trauma.
The boy will never forget...

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by missjo(f): 8:16am On Dec 27, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
That boy will remain scarred with that memory for life. Such a brave father! That's the kind of man I want. Brave, fearless and courageous to shield me from dangers of the world. smiley

That's one reason I hate Australia. Too many snakes. I don't think killing that snake was the best idea. Snakes will soon go extinct if they're being killed this way. Let's save the snakes. smiley

There was really no other way to save the boy without killing the snake

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by thorpido(m): 8:18am On Dec 27, 2019
The father was even thinking of letting go of the snake.Oyinbo people sha.
Kill the snake sharp sharp.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by SocialJustice: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2019
The python get mind o

9 Likes

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by matrix199(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2019
SuperDAD!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Explorers(m): 8:28am On Dec 27, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't think killing that snake was the best idea, though. Snakes will soon go extinct if they're being killed this way. Let's save the snakes. smiley

Really? Are you serious?

Did you read how many times he tried to scare the snake away and kept coming back?

Did you read the part he said 'If it had let go of my son when I first punched it, I might have let it go but it was so aggressive.'

He did the best thing sis, he gat no choice and i believed you will do the same to save your kid if you're in his shoes.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by tooth4tooth: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2019
Kill the muther fucker and save your son man.

Animal protection my ass.

30 Likes

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by AleksAndria: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2019
missjo:
This is weird. It's not normal for a python to try eating a human, to the extent this one avidly tried to get back at the kid even after his dad had gotten him away from it severally.
Such a weird snake, it would rather eat than make a clean escape.

If this happened in Africa, I would call it voodoo.

Exactly the same thing I thought - trying to get back at the child severally.
Very good thing he hasn't been constricted before the father got there. Super Brave Father.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by dljbd1(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2019
I thought they said these animals recognize kids and don't harm them undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2019
Explorers:

'If it had let go of my son when I first punched it, I might have let it go but it was so aggressive.'

After your son had been bitten
Oyinbo no get chill...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by snipesdam(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2019
Good thing Pythons aren't posinous... Those deep bites would have killed him. Makes remember when i chased a snake about 1 & half foot long with a spade and killed it. Can't forget my mum screaming, she sef na avenger for killing snakes. Hate Snakes

7 Likes

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by eyinjuege: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Peppersoup loading...
I trust lala

3 Likes

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Beremx(f): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2019
When they live in the bush what do you expect ?

Thank God for saving his life

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by missjo(f): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2019
AleksAndria:

Exactly the same thing I thought - trying to get back at the child severally.
Very good thing he hasn't been constricted before the father got there. Super Brave Father.
Very brave
Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by adefemi007(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2019
And some people will say we should stop killing snakes

7 Likes

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by dfrost: 9:31am On Dec 27, 2019
I already knew it was the Aussies. Australia and snakes... complete the rest. cheesy grin

That dad is the Man of the Year. Superdad. shocked

6 Likes

Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by chigoziri2403(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2019
Christmas meat truncated
Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Gosj01(m): 9:49am On Dec 27, 2019
Weird!
Re: Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics) by Larryfest(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2019
A very hungry Python.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / This Is A Photo Of Father & Daughter In Ilorin & Not Husband & Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.