Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! (1670 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? / Fiance Visa Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by akinstacey(f): 2:38pm On May 27, 2007
I am an American citizen, I just came back from Nigeria where I made the decision not to marry my boyfriend, but instead, to come back and file a fiance visa for him to come over.  WE were told that this would be much quicker than getting married.  Does anyone know for sure if this is true? Also, now that I've filed the petition to have him come with a K-1 (fiance) visa, does anyone know wat the chances are that he will be approved?? And also, about how long will it take  If anyone has any input they could give, we'd really appreciate it!!!
Re: Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by Godwin1(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2007
well reference to your question, i dont really know if i have the answer to it but you never know until you try (keep your finger cross and pray).Well if you guys married in nigeria before applying that would have made it even much easier.the embassy would have just invite him for interview and it is the same procedure on the visa you are apply for your boyfriend now,best of luck.be patient people with much more experience are yet to comment ,
Re: Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by akinstacey(f): 3:47pm On May 27, 2007
Godwin, thanks for the advice, tho, a man working in the US embassy in Lagos was the one who told me that the fiance visa would be quicker.  We were told this by many ppl in the community and I went to the embassy to confirm.  THey were reluctant to tell me an answer, but that one man told me what he knew "off the record".  Reason he said it would be quicker is becuz coming over on a fiance visa is more of a 'temp' status, so less paperwork involved.  Thanks for your advice tho, I appreciate any and all opinions.
Re: Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by nimiomo(f): 5:09am On May 29, 2007
hi according to what i know since you are a citizen you need not marry him for now just go ahead with the fiance visa thats much quicker and easier and that takes like 6- 8months if you can provide evidence of you both dating like pics of both of you your phone records that shows you call him and likewise him too,western unioun papers to show you send money to him your email records that shows you mail each other and you both have seen each other in the past two years then it takes less than 8 months if you hv all but after he comes in you hv to wed him before 90 days then afterwards his interview will be sheduled here in the usa after that you guys can go back home and the the big wedding wish you luck
Re: Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by SweetT1: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Akinstacey
The chances are very high if you do things right. I used fiancee visa for my ex-fiancee and she got the visa. The whole process took us about 6 months. But she never used the visa because i broke up with her after i found out she cheated on me ! The visa expires after 6 months, hers expired last week. You can go to "Visajourney.com". This website helped me out a lot !!
Re: Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by akinstacey(f): 12:37am On Jun 02, 2007
@sweet T

Thanks for that info. Though, we were hoping it would be more like 3 months. Wishfull thinking right?? When you say, 'do things right', could you be more specific about what they require? Did they ask her to show any type of bank statements for herself showing that she is financially stable there in Nigeria? That's the only thing we're worried about becuase he does not work and he doesn't have much. He is a graduate with a degree but has not worked recently. He is part of a rugby league and spends most his time with that. Sorry to hear things didn't work out with the two of you. It must've been very disappointing considering all you probably went through prior to applying for the visa. I know, in my case, we've gone through a lot to get to this piont.
Re: Fiance Visa Procedure, Please Help! by BlkDiamond(f): 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2007
OKAY MARRIAGE PEOPLE lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (Reply)

Mass Deportation Of Nigerians In Italy. / Which Is The Best And Cheapest Country To Travel With A Total Budget Of N700k-1m / Have Any Nigeria Study Or Live In Belize Central America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.