Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46102 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by binhozie(m): 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2010
Those who should be searching for a motive are his friends over there in Chicago or those who lived around him,
Not here (and by that i mean anywhere else)
THATS MY POINT
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
binhozie:

Those who should be searching for a motive are his friends over there in Chicago or those who lived around him,
Not here (and by that i mean anywhere else)
THATS MY POINT

anybody can search for a motive.

he had friends on nl so i still fail to get your point.

i think you need to redirect your anger into something more meaningful.

unless there's something you know and we dont?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by yme1(f): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
may his soul rest in perfect peace.AMEN!!!!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by binhozie(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2010
tpia1:

anybody can search for a motive.

he had friends on nl so i still fail to get your point.

i think you need to redirect your anger into something more meaningful.

unless there's something you know and we dont?

Well keep searching for a motive Mrs Hercule Poirot,
I'm done talking to you cool
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
RIP Bawomolo .It's really sad that we lost a Nairaland veteran.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
such a promising life cut short. never heard of him but just went through some of his post and he seemed like a level headed,intelligent young man and it makes me wonder why itmust be the most productive and promising individuals who get cruely taken away. i know considering his religious stance, some die hard christians are likely to make some funny comments but i would like to use this oppurtunity to appeal to all nairalanders to be liberal in ur religious beliefes. i am a hard core christian and believe in Gods existance even more than i believe in mine but that doesent make me discriminate against other beliefs as everyone is entitled to his/her own doctrines on aqnything in life. Busayo is definately someone i would stay cool with as a friend dispite our obvious religious defferences and im sure most mature nairalanders would say the same. may his soul rest in peace.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

such a promising life cut short. never heard of him but just went through some of his post and he seemed like a level headed,intelligent young man and it makes me wonder why itmust be the most productive and promising individuals who get cruely taken away. i know considering his religious stance, some die hard christians are likely to make some funny comments but i would like to use this oppurtunity to appeal to all nairalanders to be liberal in your religious beliefes. i am a hard core christian and believe in Gods existance even more than i believe in mine but that doesent make me discriminate against other beliefs as everyone is entitled to his/her own doctrines on aqnything in life. Busayo is definately someone i would stay cool with as a friend dispite our obvious religious defferences and im sure most mature nairalanders would say the same. may his soul rest in peace.
Actually it was not the strong Christians that came out with the curses and vituperations against him but other secular conservatives whose toes he may have stepped on for his ultra liberal views.
But the wider point is that it is not up to you or anyone else for that matter to challenge anyone as to how seriously to take their faith. If you want to be a liberal christian that's your own prerogative.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by TexMex: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
I don't usually post on this forum, but I have followed with keen interest the passions, emotions and opinions contributors have expressed on this thread since the untimely passing of our friend and brother Busayo Awomolo. Either because he doesn't post in sections I browse through or his posts (unlike those of SAGAMITE) don't elicit much interest,  I never knew him and neither did I read any of his posts while he was alive. But his death is a sad event. He was young, and had clearly charted a clean course for his life that could lead him to stardom.

I said earlier, that his posts don't elicit much interest notably because I find them amusing. Homosexuality and anti-GOD arguments aren't new to those who are familiar with Proposition 8 and the gay movement in AMERICA. But this is not the time to gloat or rejoice because he expressed such views. All those views are not strange to those who know their Bible. They were prophesied a long time ago.

TO THE 'CHRISTIANS'
Our prayers should be for the family he left behind -- both on this  forum and in DOLTON. We should avoid been judgmental. Who knows the last thought on his mind, whether it was like the thief on the cross with JESUS CHRIST who was saved and joined JESUS in paradise. Lets not be over-confident like the Pharisee (in JESUS' parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector), but work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

@ALL
This is a time for introspection. As we mourn BAWOMOLO, we need to appreciate some salient facts:
1. Every man is mortal. We can die at anytime. What will be our final destination? Heaven and Hell are real!
2. Let's be careful with our words. Our words should build others up, not pull them down or tear up. We must admonish each other in love.

Finally, GOD is unhappy at the death of any sinner, but desires that all may come to a knowledge of Him.

Peace.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
@tensor777 are u daft or what. show me where in my post i tried to suggest how seriously anyone should take their religion. to the contuary what i said was how seriously u want to take ur religion is ur business as long as it doesnt influence how u relate to others of other religions thats what liberal means u idiot! if ur a die hard fanatic of ur religion, its not a problem to anyone until u start tryng to impose it on others especially if u take it to the point of sensless sucide bombings or (im not suggesting anything here) gunning down innocent people on the streets. if this boys murder was for something as trivial as his religious beliefs of a comment on nairaland or anyother forum then it means the murderers are as stupid, petty and lifeless as dem islamic extrimist i hear about on the news every day.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

@tensor777 are u daft or what. show me where in my post i tried to suggest how seriously anyone should take their religion. to the contuary what i said was how seriously u want to take your religion is your business as long as it doesnt influence how u relate to others of other religions thats what liberal means u ! if your a die hard fanatic of your religion, its not a problem to anyone until u start tryng to impose it on others especially if u take it to the point of sensless sucide bombings or (im not suggesting anything here) gunning down innocent people on the streets. if this boys murder was for something as trivial as his religious beliefs of a comment on nairaland or anyother forum then it means the murderers are as silly, petty and lifeless as dem islamic extrimist i hear about on the news every day.
Just shut right there SLY FOX as there is no way a person's faith would not influence how he relates to others that do not share his faith.
However on a more serious note it is extremely unlikely that his murder had anything directly to do with his atheism.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2010
^^^ only immature shallow minded people like the one ur proving to be would have problems relating decently with peeps of other religions. im a core christian but sime of my closest associate are muslim, hindu, and eve atheists so whats ur point huh?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
^^Again that is your own prerogative. Really who cares about that? We are all free to associate with whosoever we please.
At times you do bother yourself about completely irrelevant matters
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tunde121oke: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2010
racist
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

^^^ only immature shallow minded people like the one your proving to be would have problems relating decently with peeps of other religions. im a core christian but sime of my closest associate are muslim, hindu, and eve atheists so whats your point huh?

kindly stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

do you want an award or what.

abeg waka.

[s]someone with a name like sly fox claiming he's a hardcore christian.

yeah right.[/s]
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
@tpia

Concerning your question about his age and his level of education; it happens.
A lot of Nigerians grad. early.
I've met 16yr old Nigerian sophomores/2nd yr on campus. Even Moonstone [NLer, sorry for the spotlight] is a very young grad student. Some people started school earlier than others, some people are more gifted, some people have the brain to skip grades, or some people took more credits and took more classes over summer to finish faster. And Busayo is one of those people.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
Moonstone got a MSc at age 20 iirc
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@tpia

Concerning your question about his age and his level of education; it happens.
A lot of Nigerians grad. early.
I've met 16yr old Nigerian sophomores/2nd yr on campus. Even Moonstone [NLer, sorry for the spotlight] is a very young grad student. Some people started school earlier than others, some people are more gifted, some people have the brain to skip grades, or some people took more credits and took more classes over summer to finish faster. And Busayo is one of those people.

it's generally not the norm, in the US.

In the instances where kids are identified as brilliant for their ages, they might be enrolled in a special program or special school with others who are the same. Not sure if that's what happened here.

bawomolo stated in one thread it took him 4.5 years to complete his first degree. And he categorically denied the possibility of getting an engineering degree in three years.

rather puzzling.

maybe it's easier in chicago, perhaps.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by armyofone(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
true, maybe he didn't want pple to know too much abt him, sometime pple do that.

Ebony, you are right. if you take more class/credits hr and no change major (spec those you can't transfer with), no work etc one can graduate early.
it is just so sad. imagine just abt getting done wow!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2010
tpia1:

it's generally not the norm, in the US.

In the instances where kids are identified as brilliant for their ages, they might be enrolled in a special program or special school with others who are the same. Not sure if that's what happened here.

bawomolo stated in one thread it took him 4.5 years to complete his first degree. And he categorically denied the possibility of getting an engineering degree in three years.

rather puzzling.

maybe it's easier in chicago, perhaps.

Came to US in 2002
Finished High school in 2004
Finished UNI in 2009
Would have finished Grad school in 2012

2010 - 2002 = 8
13 +8 = 21
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2010
armyofone:

true, maybe he didn't want pple to know too much abt him, sometime pple do that.

Ebony, you are right. if you take more class/credits hr and no change major (spec those you can't transfer with), no work etc one can graduate early.
it is just so sad. imagine just abt getting done wow!

I'm sorry, but plz it even hurts to think about it.
He worked too hard and did not rip the fruit of his hard work.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by armyofone(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ebony, i know sweetie, keep his memories.
my prayer is the thugs are caught to prevent them from killing again.
hugs hugs.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Came to US in 2002
Finished High school in 2004
Finished UNI in 2009
Would have finished Grad school in 2012

2010 - 2002 = 8
13 +8 = 21

not trying to argue here but simply attempting to work out this puzzle.

he came to the US at age 13, in 2002.

he should have been placed in eight or ninth grade, with his agemates.

to graduate 4-5 years later, at age 17 or 18.

now, unless he took college level courses while in high school [he denied that though] or was enrolled in a special school that allowed him to skip ahead of his grade.

the educational system could also vary by state perhaps.

anyway, dont mind me.

may he RIP.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2010
^^^ Nah, its okay.

I took some college courses in High school too, and yes it speeds up the process.

It doesnt matter how old you are when you come to US, as long as you have the brain for a specific level. And if you can prove it, no problem. Sometimes they do put you back a grade for their own purpose. But I dont think that was the case for Busayo.

@Omoge

smiley
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by riodann: 10:45pm On Dec 07, 2010
Heaven will.cus God is mearciful
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by stranger: 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2010
This Tilapia and her annoying obsession with Bawo's educational attainment is something

A lot of people skip classes like mad in the states

My sister is graduating medschool here at 22

Its no biggie

Just because you couldnt do it doesnt mean others cant

You spend most of your time thinking about who to curse next, instaed of facing your studies, now some hardworking fellow is obtaining his degree at such a young age and it seems like rocket science to you.
May God save you.

Just drop it already before you get what you do not want.

Oniranu ara galatia wink
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by obowunmi(m): 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
stranger, where in the states are you ?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2010
tpia1:

not trying to argue here but simply attempting to work out this puzzle.
he came to the US at age 13, in 2002.
he should have been placed in eight or ninth grade, with his agemates.
to graduate 4-5 years later, at age 17 or 18.
now, unless he took college level courses while in high school [he denied that though] or was enrolled in a special school that allowed him to skip ahead of his grade.
the educational system could also vary by state perhaps.
anyway, dont mind me.
It is not a question of not minding you but just that the American system does in fact allow for very accelerated development. Its not set in stone that one should complete 4 years of senior high school and four years of college before getting into graduate school.
However it has to be said that indeed US colleges and high schools vary widely in quality BUT the graduate schools are excellent and give a thorough general grounding in one's discipline
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by stranger: 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
obowunmi:

stranger, where in the states are you ?

Somewhere in the tri-state
Not too far from GW, with easy access to the Jersey shore

why?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by obowunmi(m): 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
ooh kool. r u in uni ?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by stranger: 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2010
since 2007
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by obowunmi(m): 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
u sound like someone I know.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by stranger: 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
hmmm

So where are you?

And give me a hint about yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Fifteen Beheaded Bodies Dumped In Calabar / Police Parade Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Attacks & Killings, Arms Recovered / Man Strangles His Wife To Death In Badagry, Buries Her Beside A Well (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.