Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

School Management Advice Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / School Management Advice Needed (311 Views)

Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed / School And Work At The Same Time. How Feasible? Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Management Advice Needed by Jokerman(m): 10:36am On Dec 28, 2019
Hello Careerlanders. I need advice on this topic

About a year ago, my Dad died, being an owner of a primary school with my mom, thereafter o assumed head of the school, although I run my own freelance engineering installation and maintenance service on HVACs and Diesel engines.

In course of this education line, I'm obtaining my certificate in PGDE( in view).

Now this is the case...

There are some old staff in the school then whom use to collect school fees on behalf of the school and you know Nigerians, instead of remitting the fees to the school, they divert and scam and even go as far as lending money to different people in the vicinity.

However since I took over, I forcefully stopped the collection, and redirected all fees to be paid at the bank. Mhen, it was not small trouble, fight, gossiping, spoiling me at the back etc, but I never listened to such, and right now no one collects these fees again... Everything goes through me coz I'm trying to sanitize it. I also required the services of a registered security company operator (sheriff deputies) for the school

Problems I needed advice

1. Sometimes these rebellion. They gossip and talk evil to people that I'm very harsh etc

2. I have changed 2 security operators because of compromises with these staff. I will give instruction, Buh those they'd do otherwise and bend to what other older staff tell them. Recently, the present security did something contrary and I scolded him toughly. Recently, he had an alteration with a parent and I asked him to just plead with her. He refused blatantly. I was surprised and even my mom too. He said he doesn't like the way I scold him and that's why bla bla bla, infront of all other staff. My mom asked me not to change him Buh I'm skeptical

I already feel like changing him with his company supervisor coz he lives around the vicinity and he now gossips with those old staff who might be telling him I'm too young to order him to do things

4. These old staffs are like friends to my mom and they already carry a lot of influence with most of the parents (which I also cut off too). One of them is wife to my mom's brother

5. My mother has been telling me to be patient even my wife. I do not want to employ an headteacher until I change a lot of things

The school has about 300-350 pupils, and employs 18 staff

Advice needed

Lalasticlala
Re: School Management Advice Needed by AjayOfficial(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
I completely understand your plight bro, but my advice is simple, just "do the right thing" no matter what is at stake or whoever gets offended

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy: Customer Support Officers / What Can An Affiliate Marketing Consultant Do For You? / Real Online Jobs You Can Do Anywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.