Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson (1925 Views)

IBB To Media: Ignore Those Preaching Disunity In Nigeria / 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition / Ozekhome: Fanning The Embers Of Disunity And Subjugation Of Igbo Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Montracine: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2019
Bayelsa State governor, Seriake Dickson has accused the governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike of deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land in respect of political agenda.
The two governors have employed the age-long dispute between the two states over oil fields/wells (Soku, Rivers and Oluasiri, Bayelsa).
“I want it recorded that Governor Wike is deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land because of his ethnic supremacist political agenda which he knows that Bayelsa, particularly Governor Dickson and my agenda will not support. That’s what he is doing.”

Dickson also used the opportunity to debunk Wike’s allegation that he visited the Amanyanabo of Kalabari without following protocol, saying that he made sustained efforts to contact Wike without success and directed his Chief of Staff and the ADC to speak to their counterparts in Rivers, who promised to inform their boss of the impending trip, which they did.
Describing Wike in derogatory terms, Dickson, a former police officer and lawmaker said, “The governor of our neighbouring state, Governor Wike of Rivers State, who by the way is used to making careless remarks from time to time, went into his usual habit some few days ago. Let me put it on record, this is the first time I will formally respond to Wike in this formal way. I have always ignored with pain and regret all the previous vituperation and his attempt to belittle and intimidate this state and our leadership.
“His unfriendliness towards this state is not hidden. It is not just me, it is about our state and our people, he has done that a couple of times but I decided to stomach it for several reasons. Also, my involvement in the affairs of the Niger Delta and my commitment to the well-being of our people, made me to always shy away from having open confrontations with a brother governor, particularly of his state that is so closely tied to our state.
“Wike should stop interfering with the politics of Bayelsa State, you all know what he did in the PDP primaries and the roles he played supporting the APC in their federal takeover of our state, there are so many things he has been doing that I keep quiet about.
“Wike should learn to respect his colleagues for whom he has shown scant regards, not just for me, and Bayelsa. He is having oil wars with every state around him, with Imo and Akwa Ibom states. What is wrong with him?” Dickson added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/wike-deliberately-inciting-disunity-in-ijaw-land-―-dickson/?fbclid=IwAR3Obta_xvezYbb51CEIas14VQNQCXLMwkKM2dd7yjt7F_bKL9x2jVQ7EJ0
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2019
Dickson go and have seat...

You have loosed and will remain a loser.

Your actions cost you your state and now you want to destroy another person's state.

You failed and want to drag everyone down with you.

Nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by popsy2(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2019
Counter
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by OfoIgbo: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
This Dickson is one of the stupidest governors ever. Total lack of strategy in his thinking

Doesn't he know that all his speeches of late is creating a huge barrier that will be insurmountable for the Ijoids in Rivers state, especially when it comes to electing an Ijoid governor of the state.

What state will want to elect a governor who they feel has more allegiance to a neighbouring state rather that the state he is supposed to be ruling? Who wants the Buhari scenario repeated in his or her state. Buhari has more allegiance to the global Fulani plans than to Nigeria, which is why Nigerians don't feel Buhari is the saviour.
Dickson has all but ensured a Kalabari will not replace Wike. Any Ogoni aspirant will drag up this episode to ensure that every other RIverian votes for him.
DIckson has been used to destroy the delicate balancing act that should have been adhered to, in Rivers state. The Igboids and the Ogonis may start seeing the sinister handwriting, and put Ijoids in a political wilderness, that they don't deserve.

Like I wrote a few weeks ago, Dickson should have learnt from the SE governors, how they handle their relationships with Igboids of Rivers state. In spite of their stupidity and moronic nature, the SE governors hardly ever throw their weight around, in Rivers state, in the name of solidarising with fellow Igbos. That may send off the wrong signal that will make the non-Igboids of Rivers state apprehensive.
Of course there is nothing wrong with relating with your kin on a traditional setting. An Ikwerre man is the current secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other Igbo Riverians have held positions in Ohanaeze in the past, but once a governor is involved, certain protocols have to be observed. A governor has political power and in Nigeria of today political power trumps every other sort of temporal power.

Gov. Dickson has no idea the level of damage he has done to Rivers Ijoid political aspirations. Time will reveal the extent of the damage.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by referandum(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
Dickson is just trying to be sentimental. Wike has not mentioned or brought up Ijo's into their disagreement. Dickson should look for support else where.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Dedetwo(m): 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Montracine:
Bayelsa State governor, Seriake Dickson has accused the governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike of deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land in respect of political agenda.
The two governors have employed the age-long dispute between the two states over oil fields/wells (Soku, Rivers and Oluasiri, Bayelsa).
“I want it recorded that Governor Wike is deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land because of his ethnic supremacist political agenda which he knows that Bayelsa, particularly Governor Dickson and my agenda will not support. That’s what he is doing.”

Dickson also used the opportunity to debunk Wike’s allegation that he visited the Amanyanabo of Kalabari without following protocol, saying that he made sustained efforts to contact Wike without success and directed his Chief of Staff and the ADC to speak to their counterparts in Rivers, who promised to inform their boss of the impending trip, which they did.
Describing Wike in derogatory terms, Dickson, a former police officer and lawmaker said, “The governor of our neighbouring state, Governor Wike of Rivers State, who by the way is used to making careless remarks from time to time, went into his usual habit some few days ago. Let me put it on record, this is the first time I will formally respond to Wike in this formal way. I have always ignored with pain and regret all the previous vituperation and his attempt to belittle and intimidate this state and our leadership.
“His unfriendliness towards this state is not hidden. It is not just me, it is about our state and our people, he has done that a couple of times but I decided to stomach it for several reasons. Also, my involvement in the affairs of the Niger Delta and my commitment to the well-being of our people, made me to always shy away from having open confrontations with a brother governor, particularly of his state that is so closely tied to our state.
“Wike should stop interfering with the politics of Bayelsa State, you all know what he did in the PDP primaries and the roles he played supporting the APC in their federal takeover of our state, there are so many things he has been doing that I keep quiet about.
“Wike should learn to respect his colleagues for whom he has shown scant regards, not just for me, and Bayelsa. He is having oil wars with every state around him, with Imo and Akwa Ibom states. What is wrong with him?” Dickson added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/wike-deliberately-inciting-disunity-in-ijaw-land-―-dickson/?fbclid=IwAR3Obta_xvezYbb51CEIas14VQNQCXLMwkKM2dd7yjt7F_bKL9x2jVQ7EJ0

Was this not the same jackass, Seriake Dickson, the governor of Bayelsa State who, during last gubernatorial election in Bayelsa State, stated there were core Ijo and adulterated Ijo in his state? These moronic dingbats tend to be very forgetful.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by helinues: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
This people should stop fighting dirty..

They are almost grandpas now
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
OfoIgbo:
This Dickson is one of the stupidest governors ever. Total lack of strategy in his thinking

Doesn't he know that all his speeches of late is creating a huge barrier that will be insurmountable for the Ijoids in Rivers state, especially when it comes to electing an Ijoid governor of the state.

What state will want to elect a governor who they feel has more allegiance to a neighbouring state rather that the state he is supposed to be ruling? Who wants the Buhari scenario repeated in his or her state. Buhari has more allegiance to the global Fulani plans than to Nigeria, which is why Nigerians don't feel Buhari is the saviour.
Dickson has all but ensured a Kalabari will not replace Wike. Any Ogoni aspirant will drag up this episode to ensure that every other RIverian votes for him.
DIckson has been used to destroy the delicate balancing act that should have been adhered to, in Rivers state. The Igboids and the Ogonis may start seeing the sinister handwriting, and put Ijoids in a political wilderness, that they don't deserve.

Like I wrote a few weeks ago, Dickson should have learnt from the SE governors, how they handle their relationships with Igboids of Rivers state. In spite of their stupidity and moronic nature, the SE governors hardly ever throw their weight around, in Rivers state, in the name of solidarising with fellow Igbos. That may send off the wrong signal that will make the non-Igboids of Rivers state apprehensive.
Of course there is nothing wrong with relating with your kin on a traditional setting. An Ikwerre man is the current secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other Igbo Riverians have held positions in Ohanaeze in the past, but once a governor is involved, certain protocols have to be observed. A governor has political power and in Nigeria of today political power trumps every other sort of temporal power.

Gov. Dickson has no idea the level of damage he has done to Rivers Ijoid political aspirations. Time will reveal the extent of the damage.

Wike, Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, Ogbakor Ikwerre etc are not God and cannot play the role of God!

With the exception of Omehia, all the governors in Rivers state since 1999 till date were installed by influential Ijaw leaders.

This ethnic bigotry you Igbos are promoting, when Ijaw start na una go taya.

I am very glad the younger generation of Ijaws in Rivers state can see what our leader like late chief Harold Dappa Biriye from the grand Bonny kingdom have been up against in over 7 decades of resistance.

Meanwhile, both Dickson and Wike have failed Ijaw people in their respective states. Both are failures.

What signature project can any of both boast of?

With the exception of Dickson's strides in education and the airport and Wike's 'pleasure park', what else can one count on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by OfoIgbo: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

Wike, Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, Ogbakor Ikwerre etc are not God and cannot play the role of God!

With the exception of Omehia, all the governors in Rivers state since 1999 till date were installed by influential Ijaw leaders.

This ethnic bigotry you Igbos are promoting, when Ijaw start na una go taya.

I am very glad the younger generation of Ijaws in Rivers state can see what our leader like late chief Harold Dappa Biriye from the grand Bonny kingdom have been up against in over 7 decades of resistance.

Meanwhile, both Dickson and Wike have failed Ijaw people in their respective states. Both are failures.

What signature project can any of both boast of?

With the exception of Dickson's strides in education and the airport and Wike's 'pleasure park', what else can one count on?

When did I ever write that Wike, Ohanaeze or Ogbakor Ikwerre can play the role of God?
Of course, the incumbency factor will play a key role in the emergence of the next governor, and believe you me, from that angle, Wike has a substantial say on who becomes the next governor.

You seem to have totally misunderstood the subtle point that I made. Let me make it another way, perhaps it will make more sense.

Rivers state has a lot of psychological and political minefields installed in the state by our common detractors. Some Riverians helped these external detractors to bury these mines, in an attempt to "checkmate" the Igboids. People like Saro Wiwa, Diette Spiff, Melford Okilo e.t.c helped to nurture and maintain these minefields.
Unfortunately, these minefields are not just effective against the Igbos, it is also effective against the Ijaws once they are no longer from Rivers state. It can also be effective against the Ogonis, if in the future, a new state is created for the majority of the Ogonis, the Ogonoid remnants in Rivers will feel the effect of these minefields at this point.
Dickson has to realise that he is no longer from Rivers state, but Bayelsa, and should approach Rivers state issues with utmost care, so as not to cause huge unintended damage to Ijoids in Rivers state.
Dickson has just exposed the Ijoids, especially the Kalabari people of Rivers state to that minefield. It will be difficult for a Kalabari person to emerge as a governor at the expiration of Wike's term. The only way a Kalabariman will now emerge is to play up his Igbo ancestry. This wouldn't have been the case if Dickson was a little more diplomatic and cautious in his relationships with Rivers Ijaws.

That was why I advised that he should borrow a leaf from the Igbo governors so that he doesn't unwittingly expose himself to the banana peel strategically placed for Igbos. As I wrote above, this banana peel is also effective against Ijaws.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 11:59am On Jan 02, 2020
Igbo youth Congress and IPOB openly supports candidates during Rivers state elections. Even Igbos from others states were actively involved in Wike's reelection bid, same with Peter Odili in 2003 when the state collectively rejected him.

An Ikwerre man is allowed to lead Ohaneze ndi Igbo but an Ijaw man is expected to take permission from his colleague to go on a condolence visit.

Thunder fire una!

You think people have time for your nonsense?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
They crossed each other's part since the convention that produced secondus as chairman
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
Let me put it on record, this is the first time I will formally respond to Wike in this formal way. I have always ignored with pain and regret all the previous vituperation and his attempt to belittle and intimidate this state and our leadership.
This is seriously serious! shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by nototribalist: 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dickhead need to find something else to do, enough of this Ijaw this Ijaw that. Greedy fooll
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Rem22:
They crossed each other's part since the convention that produced secondus as chairman

Secondus is/was never part of their problem.
The relationship between Secondus and Dickson is cordial.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by OfoIgbo: 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:
Igbo youth Congress and IPOB openly supports candidates during Rivers state elections. Even Igbos from others states were actively involved in Wike's reelection bid, same with Peter Odili in 2003 when the state collectively rejected him.

An Ikwerre man is allowed to lead Ohaneze ndi Igbo but an Ijaw man is expected to take permission from his colleague to go on a condolence visit.

Thunder fire una!

The Ikwerreman that is the Ohanaeze secretary-general is not the Rivers state governor, and even if he was the governor, he did not call the Ohanaeze meeting in Bayelsa state.

If the Ohanaeze leader was an Ikwerreman, and also the Rivers governor, and also holding a meeting in Yenagoa, I will expect him to make a courtesy visiting to his brother governor of Bayelsa state. That is what we call diplomacy.

If it was Edwin Clark that was visiting Kalabariland, there wouldn't have been this problem because he is not a governor. He could visit Kalabari without attempting to pay a courtesy call on Wike.

You really have to learn about diplomatic niceties, before you carry on with this your argument.

Like I wrote before, Dickson needs to understudy the Igbo governors. Let him learn how they relate with Rivers Igbos. That will solve this problem

4 Likes

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
OfoIgbo:

The Ikwerreman that is the Ohanaeze secretary-general is not the Rivers state governor, and even if he was the governor, he did not call the Ohanaeze meeting in Bayelsa state.

If the Ohanaeze leader was an Ikwerreman, and also the Rivers governor, and also holding a meeting in Yenagoa, I will expect him to make a courtesy visiting to his brother governor of Bayelsa state. That is what we call diplomacy.

If it was Edwin Clark that was visiting Kalabariland, there wouldn't have been this problem because he is not a governor. He could visit Kalabari without attempting to pay a courtesy call on Wike.

You really have to learn about diplomatic niceties, before you carry on with this your argument.

Like I wrote before, Dickson needs to understudy the Igbo governors. Let him learn how they relate with Rivers Igbos. That will solve this problem

What would solve the problem is adding them to Abia and Imo. I hope when that is done you guys will leave us in peace. If you are not laying claims to Bonny and Opobo/ Nkoro LGA it is Ogu/Bolo, Okrika and Port Harcourt LGA. Please let us be!

Why would Ohaneze ndi Igbo have meeting in Bayelsa when it is a homogeneous Ijaw state?

Maybe this is why you guys are not welcomed in the North.

It is unfortunate you guys have decided to mismanage your relationship with the Ijaw nation. Like every other political relationship you've had, you allow greed becloud your sense of reasoning.

No Ijaw man needs anyone's permission to go to any part of Ijaw land.

Why didn't Wike insist on that when he followed Dickson to Abonnema and Buguma between 2013 and 2014?

Is he saying Rivers state didn't have a governor then?

1 Like

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by OfoIgbo: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

What would solve the problem is adding them to Abia and Imo. I hope when that is done you guys will leave us in peace. If you are not laying claims to Bonny and Opobo/ Nkoro LGA it is Ogu/Bolo, Okrika and Port Harcourt LGA. Please let us be!

Why would Ohaneze ndi Igbo have meeting in Bayelsa when it is a homogeneous Ijaw state?

It is unfortunate you guys have decided to mismanage your relationship with the Ijaw nation. Like every other political relationship you've had, you allow greed becloud your sense of reasoning.

Why didn't Wike insist on that when he followed Dickson to Abonnema and Buguma between 2013 and 2014?

Bonny island (not Bonny lga) has been ruled by Ndoki Igbos even before the advent of the Europeans.
The supreme court of Nigeria has also established that Opobo belongs to Jaja's descendants, when Ijaws tried to expropriate the place for themselves.
In none of these two above cases did you see Igbo governors coming to support any Igbo claims, or throwing their weights around Rivers state to intimidate the people into accepting that Bonny and Opobo belong to Igbo clans. The Igbo governors are in their states not trying to foment trouble by stealthily backing the Igbo claim. Most of them are even oblivious to the facts, and don't even care to know. They don't even know of the supreme court ruling on Opobo. They are letting sleeping dogs lie on this issues

With regards to Port Harcourt LGA, Ikwerre people know the extent of their land, and I am sure it was not an Ikwerre person that created Port Harcourt LGA, so you cannot accuse Ikwerre people of annexing non-Igboid lands. I also know that several ethnic groups can make up an LGA, but the city of Port-Harcourt is mainly an Ikwerre-Igbo territory.
The same thing goes for Bonny LGA. Some areas of Bonny LGA may well be Ibani areas, but Bonny town is an Ubani area.

Abonnema and Buguma non-visits by Wike should be put side by side Timipre Silva's relationship with GEJ around that time, and the fact that Wike was not even a governor around the time range that you specified above

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Emmanuella3(f): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
[s]
post=85432921:

This is seriously serious! shocked
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Bonny island (not Bonny lga) has been ruled by Ndoki Igbos even before the advent of the Europeans.
The supreme court of Nigeria has also established that Opobo belongs to Jaja's descendants, when Ijaws tried to expropriate the place for themselves.
In none of these two above cases did you see Igbo governors coming to support any Igbo claims, or throwing their weights around Rivers state to intimidate the people into accepting that Bonny and Opobo belong to Igbo clans. The Igbo governors are in their states not trying to foment trouble by stealthily backing the Igbo claim. Most of them are even oblivious to the facts, and don't even care to know. They don't even know of the supreme court ruling on Opobo. They are letting sleeping dogs lie on this issues

With regards to Port Harcourt LGA, Ikwerre people know the extent of their land, and I am sure it was not an Ikwerre person that created Port Harcourt LGA, so you cannot accuse Ikwerre people of annexing non-Igboid lands. I also know that several ethnic groups can make up an LGA, but the city of Port-Harcourt is mainly an Ikwerre-Igbo territory.
The same thing goes for Bonny LGA. Some areas of Bonny LGA may well be Ibani areas, but Bonny town is an Ubani area.

Abonnema and Buguma non-visits by Wike should be put side by side Timipre Silva's relationship with GEJ around that time, and the fact that Wike was not even a governor around the time range that you specified above

Wike was a junior minister when he visited Abonemma and Buguma with the same governor Dickson. He didn't call Amaechi to permission. What gives him the audacity to question the same Dickson paying a condolence visit in the area?

Instead of Bonny, Opobo/Nkoro, Okrika, Ogu/Bolo etc to be added to Abia/Imo state what should be talking about is how Azumini, Egbema and Oru areas should be rightly returned to Rivers state.

Ndoki have NEVER been Igbo neither was Bonny or Opobo under Ndoki royal rule.

It is now very clear why the North don't condole you land grabbers.

Ikwerre people were never the issue, it has always been the land grabbing hinterland Igbos.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by OfoIgbo: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

Wike was a junior minister when he visited Abonemma and Buguma with the same governor Dickson. He didn't call Amaechi to permission. What gives him the audacity to question the same Dickson paying a condolence visit in the area?

Instead of Bonny, Opobo/Nkoro, Okrika, Ogu/Bolo etc to be added to Abia/Imo state what should be talking about is how Azumini, Egbema and Oru areas should be rightly returned to Rivers state.

Ikwerre people were never the issue, it has always been the land grabbing hinterland Igbos.

Then why did Melford Okilo change OBIGBO (the Igbo heart) to Oyigbo? This is obviously a land grabbing attempt by Ijaws to erase the Ndokis Igbo heritage. Tell me who the land-grabber is.
Ndoki people have held Ohanaeze positions in the past and I remember that the premier Igbo youth group in the UK, was at one time being chaired by an Ndoki youth

Also I am not aware of Igbos claiming Okrika. Rather it is Okrika people that remind us that a huge chunk of them have Igbo maternal lineages

AZUMINI is AZUMIRI which means BACK OF THE WATER in Igbo language. So I don't know why you want it in Rivers state. Ohaji-Egbema and Oru are Igbo territories.
I understand that there is an Egbema subgroup of the Ijaw people. That differs from Ohaji-Egbema in Imo state.

Of course I know it is so important to you to ensure that Obigbo people (Ndoki people) see themselves as Ijaws, so that it becomes easier for you, Dickson and other Ijaw land grabbers to claim that Bonny town had no Igbo roots

I hope this is not what Dickson is planning, because he will have a very brutal fight in his hands, if the Igbos know that this is all about annexing Igbo territories

3 Likes

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Then why did Melford Okilo change OBIGBO (the Igbo heart) to Oyigbo? This is obviously a land grabbing attempt by Ijaws to erase the Ndokis Igbo heritage. Tell me who the land-grabber is.
Ndoki people have held Ohanaeze positions in the past and I remember that the premier Igbo youth group in the UK, was at one time being chaired by an Ndoki youth

Also I am not aware of Igbos claiming Okrika. Rather it is Okrika people that remind us that a huge chunk of them have Igbo maternal lineages

AZUMINI is AZUMIRI which means BACK OF THE WATER in Igbo language. So I don't know why you want it in Rivers state. Ohaji-Egbema and Oru are Igbo territories.
I understand that there is an Egbema subgroup of the Ijaw people. That differs from Ohaji-Egbema in Imo state.

Of course I know it is so important to you to ensure that Obigbo people (Ndoki people) see themselves as Ijaws, so that it becomes easier for you, Dickson and other Ijaw land grabbers to claim that Bonny town had no Igbo roots

I hope this is not what Dickson is planning, because he will have a very brutal fight in his hands, if the Igbos know that this is all about annexing Igbo territories

Why are there 3 Ijaw speaking Egbema in 3 different states? Imo state Egbema being the fourth.

I don't want to go into slave history. If I do, it will help you understand the dynamics of some these issues.

That most of you are not self respecting does not mean I should strip you of the barest form of dignity, especially in public space like this.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by OfoIgbo: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

Why are there 3 Ijaw speaking Egbema in 3 different states? Imo state Egbema being the fourth.

I don't want to go into slave history. If I do, it will help you understand the dynamics of some these issues.

That most of you are not self respecting does not mean I should strip you of the barest form of dignity, especially in public space like this.

I am aware that Igbo slaves were also brought into Bonny before they embarked on the middle passage to the new world.
I am aware of Oko Jumbo et al, who was also an Igbo, and I believe he's an ancestor of Uche Jumbo.

I noticed how you dodged the Obigbo vs Oyigbo controversy, which proves the Ijaw intentions on some of these Igbo territories and history revisionist reasons. The name OYIGBO is a permanent reminder. Once any Igboid learns of how that name came about, the Igboid is supremely informed of the undercurrent. So Okilo may have thought he was succeeding in un-Igbonizing Ndoki people, all he has really achieved was to leave a permanent reminder of Ijaw intentions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I am aware that Igbo slaves were also brought into Bonny before they embarked on the middle passage to the new world.
I am aware of Oko Jumbo et al, who was also an Igbo, and I believe he's an ancestor of Uche Jumbo.

I noticed how you dodged the Obigbo vs Oyigbo controversy, which proves the Ijaw intentions on some of these Igbo territories and history revisionist reasons. The name OYIGBO is a permanent reminder. Once any Igboid learns of how that name came about, the Igboid is supremely informed of the undercurrent. So Okilo may have thought he was succeeding in un-Igbonizing Ndoki people, all he has really achieved was to leave a permanent reminder of Ijaw intentions

Oko and Jumbo are pure Ijaw names. As much as I consider it demeaning to refer to the slave past of the Igbos. You make it near impossible but I will do my best to avoid historical facts that connects to your slave past.

The argument you making is like saying an African American family that retained their given name founded a particular city in America.

Abiriba, just like Freetown or Monrovia happened to be one of the spots freed slaves were settled.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by pazienza(m): 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Egbema as a word does not exclusively belong to Ijaw.
It's just a mere coincidence that we have places with same word as name. It's akin to "Ama" that is both used by Igbos and Ijaws in naming villages and towns. None of the two groups can claim exclusive rights to the name

We have villages within towns all over Igboland called Egbema. For example, I know of Egbema village in Ozubulu Anambra state.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by pazienza(m): 5:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Btw, Wike and Ikwerre people are not Igbos.
So I don't understand why Ijaws cannot iron out their issues with their Ikwerre Co travelers, without dragging Ndiigbo along.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Dedetwo(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

Thunder fire una!

Dickson once stated the core Ijo in Bayelsa and River states and it did not include your idiotic domain. Rivers State insists a protocol must be followed. You can shout Ijo or Ijoiod as your knuckle head allows you to do, nothing could be changed anytime soon.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Dedetwo(m): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

There is so-called ethnic group in Nigeria that is fundamentally known as "Boat People" and are mostly European porters from the valleys around Akuapem-Togo range. They had no land and occasionally disembarked from the boat to do manual compound cleaning for Ngwa war lords at the out post of Ubani. The only top war lord whose compound is cleaned was nicknamed "Amaonyeanabo".
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Dedetwo(m): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

Oko and Jumbo are pure Ijaw names. As much as I consider it demeaning to refer to the slave past of the Igbos. You make it near impossible but I will do my best to avoid historical facts that connects to your slave past.

The argument you making is like saying an African American family that retained their given name founded a particular city in America.

Abiriba, just like Freetown or Monrovia happened to be one of the spots freed slaves were settled.

Arrant nonsense on the bolded. Oko is an Igbo word for a man in Ohiafia and Arochukwu axis. While Jumbo is derived from Jabir ibn worn by the European porters from the Gold Coast region. In fact, it came along with Islamic religion. Everything Ijo in Nigeria is borrowed.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by Mazikic(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
PHijo:

"The North" doesn't even know you exist. To them, you're all "Nyamuri".

2 Likes

Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dedetwo:

Arrant nonsense on the bolded. Oko is an Igbo word for a man in Ohiafia and Arochukwu axis. While Jumbo is derived from Jabir ibn worn by the European porters from the Gold Coast region. In fact, it came along with Islamic religion. Everything Ijo in Nigeria is borrowed.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!

The places you mentioned are the weakest links in trying to claim anything is Igbo.

Igbo people don't even language that is close to complete. Your language lacks gender, profession or geography. Hence the recent adoption and desecration of Ijaw words. From ama to ala, these are even recent adoptions that occurred in the 90s.

You don't even have a traditional attire not to talk of having a language Ijaw people will adopt.

Your land grabbing instinct have not been limited to Nigeria alone, even faraway Israel is being claimed as Igbo homeland.
Re: Wike Deliberately Inciting Disunity In Ijaw Land ― Dickson by PHijo(m): 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
Mazikic:

"The North" doesn't even know you exist. To them, you're all "Nyamuri".

With the lies and propaganda you spread why wouldn't they be confused?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think President Buhari Is Telling Osinbajo (photo) / How Aregbesola's Palace Coup Started War With Tinubu / How Ken Saro-wiwa Sabotaged Aburi Accord— IPOB Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.