Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,483 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki (58508 Views)

“Suspend Chicago University Too”– Atiku Reacts After Benin, Togo Cert Revocation / PDP Crisis: Wike Has Crossed Red Line, We’re Coming At Him – Atiku’s Camp / NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Charly68: 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
At last God has decided to raise peoples Governor for the state of Kwara . The man is brain and brawn to do the needful. This is the type of a person that people need to deliver the dividend of democracy for them. Saraki has shot himself in the leg with his greedy drive to PDP thinking he could drive kwara as he so desired .Unfortunately the likes of Barsje who was busy fronting for his political camp has been quiet since .
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Greatzeus(m): 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
To Oluwa Ni Le grin
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by uninspired07: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
GermanPoison:
guy u luv saraki gan dat has never done a good thing on merit

guy change ur ways oh or u go lose oh d way u dey defend saraki

lo wa opolo si ori e
ase ni e
olobe ni e
Omo ode to pe yun lo de

am sure u support pdp

I don’t support either of the main parties, but I prefer PDP because they are a truly national party & Nigerians weren’t this divided & hungry under the PDP.

I don’t even want to comment on the APC. It’s a disaster but God will save Nigerians.

On the issue at hand, I feel the reasons given by the KWSG are not genuine but a smokescreen to carry out a political vendetta against Saraki. The Judiciary—which I don’t trust under Buhari—should still be able to settle the issue & rule to protect Bukola’s right to private property.
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Drakkernoir: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
uninspired07:
I have met with a lot of Kwara Indigenes in my lifetime & one thing keeps defining them as a people: they are brilliant, studious, religious but very backward & razz & anti social.

Now enters Bukola Saraki, the guy is suave, monied, cool, well educated & exposed. This has marked him for hatred & envy by the people of Kwara State who see him as the causative factor of their failures in life. They think the wealth of Kwara State was stolen by Late Dr. Oloye Olushola Saraki to train his children in the best schools in the world & give them the best things life has to offer. This sentiment is what APC capitalized on to whip a populist outrage against Bukola in the 2019 elections & destroy his political machinery in Kwara State.

On this issue of revocation of title, I am not abreast of the facts but I only know that the Government is marching on with the victimization of the Saraki dynasty with the support of the majority illiterate population of Kwara State.

I don’t think there’s a more exposed & well traveled person in the whole of Kwara State than Dr. Bukola Saraki, the guy is a silver spooned & correct guy to the core. I stan the guy baje baje.

Shat up........

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by SmartMen: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Seetto:

What legacy, by converting government land to private use, u don't mean it, what image is left for our leaders, they already tarnished their image by themselves, it is only left for us to fathom how we can take back what they have stolen from us, if that land is legally acquired, let saraki present C of O and approach court of law, simple...
What prove do you have that it is government land aside what you are told. You don't have the survey plan, u don't have the coordinate, you didn't go to surveyor generals office to confirm the aforementioned but you sit your flat asz and say it is government land, land that has been there since 1980 before I was even born lol
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Drakkernoir: 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
uninspired07:

Buhari & APC will leave office in 2023 & Bukola will get 10 fold of his seized property back from Kwara State. Is it not same Kwara State? Shioor.

Pls shut up

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by SmartMen: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
Charly68:
At last God has decided to raise peoples Governor for the state of Kwara . The man is brain and brawn to do the needful. This is the type of a person that people need to deliver the dividend of democracy for them. Saraki has shot himself in the leg with his greedy drive to PDP thinking he could drive kwara as he so desired .Unfortunately the likes of Barsje who was busy fronting for his political camp has been quiet since .
shhhh... That governor won't be there for long. When Saraki gets back there through proxy, be sure he will be dealt with.
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Drakkernoir: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
uninspired07:

Stop all these!!! I don’t support corruption but I support the sanctity & protection of private property rights.

I presume that before 2023, Saraki will approach the courts to seek redress. While Kwara State is empowered by section 28 of the land use act to acquire any land for overriding public interest, that right must pass legal muster & they must be able to prove why it is only that land that the Government can use in the whole of Kwara State. The revocation of Saraki’s title smacks of vendetta & victimization against a political adversary & must not be allowed to stand.

In scheme of things, Abdulrasaq cannot withstand the influence & reach of Bukola. He’s just enjoying the protection of Tinubu & Buhari for now.

Stupid statement.....

Buhari and Tinubu are who??

Pls

2 Likes

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by lereinter(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
If someone had told bukola that someone would do this to him some 8years ago

He would have bet his testis that never

Karma is a bitch
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by trutht828: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
uninspired07:

Ok, since that is the kind of society you want, Saraki’s property can just be expropriated by the Government without Judicial review.

Well done you hear?

Do you reside in kwara State? If not, you should shut up about kwara issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by CaptainMeks: 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
lahizak:

So attacking the legacy of d past leaders of d state is now the best tin to do? Is there no way the court can be used to probe past leaders rather than tarnishing images.

Modified: to all of you guys mentioning me.

He haz already said he is taking it to court and we all know that he will win. That aside, one of u guys problem is that u dont even know politics and either unna like it or not the saraki's will always have a legacy in kwara state. 100years from now, the saraki's legacies will still be felt in kwara state. An ardent kwara citizen should say i'm wrong. And lastly, i am not a supporter of any politicians, wish all of dem can be gathered and burnt. However, if that cant be atleast let our leaders follow the appropriate channels, let them use their powers appropriately. Not to start seeking revenge like our darling Abdulrazak is doing. Same thing we seeing with Ganduje. Trust me if all leaders start doing wat dis man and ganduje are doing, nigeria will burn. Thats my piece, if u like understand it, if u dont u re on ur own

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by CaptainMeks: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
uninspired07:

Buhari & APC will leave office in 2023 & Bukola will get 10 fold of his seized property back from Kwara State. Is it not same Kwara State? Shioor.

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by CaptainMeks: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
RexTramadol1:

Read again and see where he said his father owned the company

Or if Dangote buys a land and uses it for disco party, government will collect it from him?

How I see it is, it was a gift to Oloye and it has not been questioned for years

Just like Buhari's land in Port harcourt

So, clearly it's a vendetta

Nawa for today's readers

Everyone who has governed Kwara after Sarakis father to Saraki etc have been puppets of the Saraki dynasty except this present governor which is why they could not question the property acquisition.

Oya take and shut up

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by TwoBottles: 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
TheOdd1sOut:
the only way Nigeria can be better is if the looting machines are caught and tried like sarki and co, they should be tried and frustrated for depriving the masses of basic needs and the bullion master who was chased out of Yankee will be stripped of his loots and also the red pig republic must be wiped out and Biafry must not.come.to.fruition Nigeria remains one

So you suggest an entire race should be wiped out.. Damn this is the height of insanity. I may not be from that side but I dream to see the end of one Nigeria. The hatred is too much. Read your last two lines again.
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
GermanPoison:
guy u luv saraki gan dat has never done a good thing on merit

guy change ur ways oh or u go lose oh d way u dey defend saraki

lo wa opolo si ori e
ase ni e
olobe ni e
Omo ode to pe yun lo de

am sure u support pdp
You are now speaking Yoruba and has switched to calling him iPob to a pdp supporter..you see how phoolish your initial comment made you look?
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by NGpatriot: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
The thing is, how much land do you need in life? You have dozens of houses and landed properties all over the world, even the one appropriated for your own people in Kwara, you and your father used magomago to corner the land, even the location of the land is suspect since it's in and around government properties and institutions.

If you have COC or proof of payment for the land, show the world or just shut your greedy and selfish mouth.
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by NGpatriot: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Kwara’s proposed new secretariat.

It's either the land benefits one filthy rich, greedy and selfish man or benefits the thousands of workers and the people of Kwara state.

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Kog45(m): 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Miniso:
the last time i visited kwara six months ago i pitied the people of kwara,those guys are in poverty. the family of saraki has finished kwara to stupidity.
Pls where are you from,i mean your state cos you are talking as if you are not from Nigeria.

This is the way you guys deceived us by telling us Saraki was the brain behind corruption in NASS but check it out now, billions of naira to renovate just part of NASS building.

... continue playing politics with everything just like the way you guys waged a war against the people of Kogi State in the name of politics.

One thing is cleared we will all suffer it together whether good or bad i mean the governance of Nigeria and individual states.

Funny man you pity Kwarans as if your own state is not in a country called Nigeria where things have scattered.

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by GermanPoison(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

You are now speaking Yoruba and has switched to calling him iPob to a pdp supporter..you see how phoolish your initial comment made you look?
d guy support PDP that's were d painment is from so wetin b ur own Mr phoolish
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by remedykboy: 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Maxymilliano:
December 28, 2019

PRESS STATEMENT

Revocation of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed the Line’

Former Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has stated that Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has crossed the line of decency with his recent efforts to erase the legacies of his (Saraki’s) late father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki.

Saraki, in a statement he personally signed and released in Lagos today, stated that the war of attrition waged against the legacy of his father and everything that belongs to the late politician simply portrayed the Governor as a man who lacks the sense of history and set out only to fight the Saraki family but not to serve the interest of Kwarans.

“Yesterday night, the Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq finally showed his true colour when he announced his decision to revoke the ownership of a property rightfully held by my late father, Dr. Olusola Abubakar Saraki on Plots 1, 3 and 5 Ilofa Road, GRA, Ilorin popularly known as Ile Arugbo, (Old People’s home) which since the Second Republic, has always been used to host the weekly gathering of a multitude of aged people in the society who are provided food, money and health services, as part of the social welfare programme sponsored by the late politician. The tradition has since been maintained.

“Before now, this same Governor had invited all the members of the State House of Assembly and directed them to commence the process of amending the law to change the name of the State University which the last administration renamed after my late father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. He then followed up on this act of vengeance by initiating a bill to rename the University and expunge the name of the late Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. Now, he has decided to also revoke the titles of the landed property which belongs to the late politician. May be, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq thinks his will be the last administration in Kwara State but definitely, this is self delusion.

“The property had been rightfully allocated to my late father under the name of one of his companies, Asa Investment Limited, since the 1980s and contrary to the claim of the Governor, the land was properly allocated and a Right of Occupancy title issued on it. It should be noted that the excuse given by Abdulrazaq in his revocation order holds no water since it is clear that this is the height of his vengeance against my father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki and I.

“Till today, many Kwarans have been wondering what problem the Governor has with the late Oloye Abubakar Olusola Saraki or what the late politician did to offend him. It is surprising that of all vacant plots of land in strategic places across Ilorin township, the one that Abdulrahman found useful for his vengeful plan is the one owned by late Dr. Saraki. It is beyond comprehension why a Governor would set as his main agenda the objective of undermining and waging a war of attrition against a man who is no longer around.

“This action is clearly a manifestation of vengeance and it shows that this Governor is not out to serve any public purpose or pursue any development agenda. In his narrow-mindedness, he believes his victory at the polls is an empowerment, entitlement and enablement to settle scores, provoke and pursue inter-family rivalry. Those who voted for the party in power in Kwara State and Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq obviously did not vote for the man to enable him wage war against Dr. Olusola Saraki and his legacies. They expected development and fulfillment of promises.

“If the Governor believes people are not taking stock of his misguided and deceptive actions and that because he is in power, he could do whatever he likes, he must be a joker. Also, this war against the Sarakis will not successfully veil his unpreparedness for governance and divert people’s attention from the glaring lack of visionary, clear-cut plan to deliver on his empty promises to the people. He definitely cannot get away with all the atrocities he has been committing.

“Since the outcome of the elections in March, despite the fact that there are clear grounds to challenge the results in court, I have decided to demonstrate maturity, statemanship and sportsmanship. I have chosen not to make comment on the policies, programmes and actions of the administration in Kwara State or that of its head. Also, I deliberately stayed away from the State to avoid creating any distraction for the administration. My decision is borne out of a genuine restraint to enable the administration settle down and fulfill its numerous promises to the people of our state.

“However, seven months down the line, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has shown that its cardinal Programme is to wage war against my late father and I. He has demonstrated that his only competence and astuteness is in the area of viciously assailing the late Oloye Saraki and I. Definitely, he is a man with no sense of history. Enough is enough. Now, he has crossed the line.

“Perhaps, I should let it be known that if Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq thinks he is taking all these actions to get at me, he is only deceiving himself. There is no basis for competition between us. Our paths cannot cross because the status that he is struggling to attain, Almighty Allah has given it to me many years before now. I became Governor 16 years before him and served out my constitutional limit of eight years. Within the period, I was Chairman of Nigerian Governors Forum. I have moved on to serve in the federal legislature and by the grace of God, I headed the National Assembly as the number three man in the country. No matter, how well he tried to rewrite history, it is on record that I left Kwara State a lot better than I met it. In fact, the University that he is struggling to rename was established by my administration as just one out of many legacies we left behind. This Governor needs a lot more efforts, years, Intelligence and resources to attain the level Allah has taken me, not to talk of my late father, Dr. Olusola Abubakar Saraki, the Senate Leader in the Second Republic. As Governor, I used the position to serve the people and during the period I did not dishonour his own father or anybody’s father for that matter.

“Just as I did after the election, my advise to Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq that he should devote his time and energy to providing good governance and genuine development of the state.

“It is well known to the Governor that I fear nobody, except Almighty Allah, the ultimate owner of all powers. With all his subterranean and open moves against my family, person and property, I remain unmoved. However, his open antagonism against my late father and his legacies is unwarranted and will not be tolerated. He has definitely gone beyond bounds as he cannot be allowed to ride roughshod on the deceased. In this war against my late father, he will not win.

“This Governor has shown that he is not a man who wants peace, co-operation and development. He believes that a constant attack on my family and I is all that he needs to win the hearts of Kwara people. The need to provide good governance is secondary to him.

“However, it should be made clear to Abdulrazaq and his administration that their attack on my late father cannot erase the legacies of Oloye. No evil design, negative plot or propaganda can successfully rewrite the history of Kwara State. This plot against my late father will not stand. And I will like to make it clear that we will contest this petty, malicious, dubious and bias action of a parochial, vicious and vindictive administration through all legal means. We are sure this is not an action taken in public interest. Rather, it is done in pursuit of a selfish and devious objective”, Saraki stated.

Signed

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON

Former President of the Senate
which dynasty are they talking abt.......we Nigerians are the problem of ourselves, some will be thinking rationally while some will be thinking irrationally bc of what they will eat or their selfish interests you will not say d truth, that why Nigeria still remain underdeveloped......if you acquire public properties illegally, then you face d music on your own.......From me "Nigeria must be Great again"
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by maxzzo1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
muykem:
Saraki is not in his right sence. What I just read tell me age long of impunity going on in kwara state. The said land was allocated to Asa investment limited which means its for business purpose according to Bukola himself but was diverted for different purposes where people gathered to worship Saraki.
U are a fool
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Seun360(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
uninspired07:

It’s either APC leaves or foreign intervention ensues. APC is built on the bedrock of Islamic occupation & Nigeria cannot survive under that. Let’s wait till 2023 & you’ll see what happen to your Islamic brotherhood party.

The attention of the whole world is now centered on Nigeria & the Jihad taking place here.

Cheap propaganda.
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by GorkoDimo: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Lest we forget Saraki was the First to Humiliate the old man, Alhaji Abubakar Olusola, he practically showed people how to deal with the Olaye.

He said he never humiliated anybody's father........, only his Father
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Dsecret: 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
Coming from someone that spent the first 18 yrs of his life around that area, there used to be a massive uncompleted building (looked like an office complex with the way the structure was built) on that same land (maybe on one of the plots) up till the late 90s. A tarred road separate the said land from the elder Saraki (Oloye) house. The place was cleared up and some parts were fenced around early 2000s to make room for it present use, where all these old woman and men do gather from time to time to collect 'what have you' from the Sarakis .
SmartMen:

What prove do you have that it is government land aside what you are told. You don't have the survey plan, u don't have the coordinate, you didn't go to surveyor generals office to confirm the aforementioned but you sit your flat asz and say it is government land, land that has been there since 1980 before I was even born lol

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by odinga1of: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
imam07:
Hmmm i will not curse u but you live will be as d way saraki family ruin kwara state.

Oga your curse will not do anything to anyone. typing with freebasic want to curse person?
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by hush15: 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Seetto:

He should trend carefully for the doing the right thing, the least saraki can do is to consult his Alfa and mesujambe fellow, don't forget abdulrazak na omo eni ile too..

For doing what right thing? His father owned the property. Why not face the son and leave Lloyd out of it? Abi another gandujeis loading in Kwara ni
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by hush15: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
festacman:
From time immemorial, one constant thing is that empires do not last forever. Narratives about empires are always told in terms of RISE and FALL.

O'toge movement set in motion the process of collapse of Saraki Empire, which had held Kwara people captive for tens of years, with marginal development. The popular "Ile Arugbo" under contention was a symbol of SUBJUGATION, where the owners of loaf of bread squat to receive mere crumbs of what belongs to them.

If Sen. Saraki is sure his father late Sen. Olusola Saraki really purchased that piece of land, he should simply approach a court of law with vital documents for adjudication.

The truth is that consequences come with the fall of every empire. Sen. Saraki should learn to live with these consequences while members of Jagaban Empire should do well to watch with interest.

But you forget, the otoge empire might fall even sooner than the sarakis if he continues that way

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Mrexcell(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Maxymilliano:
December 28, 2019

PRESS STATEMENT

Revocation of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed the Line’

Former Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has stated that Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has crossed the line of decency with his recent efforts to erase the legacies of his (Saraki’s) late father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki.

Saraki, in a statement he personally signed and released in Lagos today, stated that the war of attrition waged against the legacy of his father and everything that belongs to the late politician simply portrayed the Governor as a man who lacks the sense of history and set out only to fight the Saraki family but not to serve the interest of Kwarans.

“Yesterday night, the Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq finally showed his true colour when he announced his decision to revoke the ownership of a property rightfully held by my late father, Dr. Olusola Abubakar Saraki on Plots 1, 3 and 5 Ilofa Road, GRA, Ilorin popularly known as Ile Arugbo, (Old People’s home) which since the Second Republic, has always been used to host the weekly gathering of a multitude of aged people in the society who are provided food, money and health services, as part of the social welfare programme sponsored by the late politician. The tradition has since been maintained.

“Before now, this same Governor had invited all the members of the State House of Assembly and directed them to commence the process of amending the law to change the name of the State University which the last administration renamed after my late father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. He then followed up on this act of vengeance by initiating a bill to rename the University and expunge the name of the late Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki. Now, he has decided to also revoke the titles of the landed property which belongs to the late politician. May be, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq thinks his will be the last administration in Kwara State but definitely, this is self delusion.

“The property had been rightfully allocated to my late father under the name of one of his companies, Asa Investment Limited, since the 1980s and contrary to the claim of the Governor, the land was properly allocated and a Right of Occupancy title issued on it. It should be noted that the excuse given by Abdulrazaq in his revocation order holds no water since it is clear that this is the height of his vengeance against my father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki and I.

“Till today, many Kwarans have been wondering what problem the Governor has with the late Oloye Abubakar Olusola Saraki or what the late politician did to offend him. It is surprising that of all vacant plots of land in strategic places across Ilorin township, the one that Abdulrahman found useful for his vengeful plan is the one owned by late Dr. Saraki. It is beyond comprehension why a Governor would set as his main agenda the objective of undermining and waging a war of attrition against a man who is no longer around.

“This action is clearly a manifestation of vengeance and it shows that this Governor is not out to serve any public purpose or pursue any development agenda. In his narrow-mindedness, he believes his victory at the polls is an empowerment, entitlement and enablement to settle scores, provoke and pursue inter-family rivalry. Those who voted for the party in power in Kwara State and Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq obviously did not vote for the man to enable him wage war against Dr. Olusola Saraki and his legacies. They expected development and fulfillment of promises.

“If the Governor believes people are not taking stock of his misguided and deceptive actions and that because he is in power, he could do whatever he likes, he must be a joker. Also, this war against the Sarakis will not successfully veil his unpreparedness for governance and divert people’s attention from the glaring lack of visionary, clear-cut plan to deliver on his empty promises to the people. He definitely cannot get away with all the atrocities he has been committing.

“Since the outcome of the elections in March, despite the fact that there are clear grounds to challenge the results in court, I have decided to demonstrate maturity, statemanship and sportsmanship. I have chosen not to make comment on the policies, programmes and actions of the administration in Kwara State or that of its head. Also, I deliberately stayed away from the State to avoid creating any distraction for the administration. My decision is borne out of a genuine restraint to enable the administration settle down and fulfill its numerous promises to the people of our state.

“However, seven months down the line, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has shown that its cardinal Programme is to wage war against my late father and I. He has demonstrated that his only competence and astuteness is in the area of viciously assailing the late Oloye Saraki and I. Definitely, he is a man with no sense of history. Enough is enough. Now, he has crossed the line.

“Perhaps, I should let it be known that if Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq thinks he is taking all these actions to get at me, he is only deceiving himself. There is no basis for competition between us. Our paths cannot cross because the status that he is struggling to attain, Almighty Allah has given it to me many years before now. I became Governor 16 years before him and served out my constitutional limit of eight years. Within the period, I was Chairman of Nigerian Governors Forum. I have moved on to serve in the federal legislature and by the grace of God, I headed the National Assembly as the number three man in the country. No matter, how well he tried to rewrite history, it is on record that I left Kwara State a lot better than I met it. In fact, the University that he is struggling to rename was established by my administration as just one out of many legacies we left behind. This Governor needs a lot more efforts, years, Intelligence and resources to attain the level Allah has taken me, not to talk of my late father, Dr. Olusola Abubakar Saraki, the Senate Leader in the Second Republic. As Governor, I used the position to serve the people and during the period I did not dishonour his own father or anybody’s father for that matter.

“Just as I did after the election, my advise to Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq that he should devote his time and energy to providing good governance and genuine development of the state.

“It is well known to the Governor that I fear nobody, except Almighty Allah, the ultimate owner of all powers. With all his subterranean and open moves against my family, person and property, I remain unmoved. However, his open antagonism against my late father and his legacies is unwarranted and will not be tolerated. He has definitely gone beyond bounds as he cannot be allowed to ride roughshod on the deceased. In this war against my late father, he will not win.

“This Governor has shown that he is not a man who wants peace, co-operation and development. He believes that a constant attack on my family and I is all that he needs to win the hearts of Kwara people. The need to provide good governance is secondary to him.

“However, it should be made clear to Abdulrazaq and his administration that their attack on my late father cannot erase the legacies of Oloye. No evil design, negative plot or propaganda can successfully rewrite the history of Kwara State. This plot against my late father will not stand. And I will like to make it clear that we will contest this petty, malicious, dubious and bias action of a parochial, vicious and vindictive administration through all legal means. We are sure this is not an action taken in public interest. Rather, it is done in pursuit of a selfish and devious objective”, Saraki stated.

Signed

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON

Former President of the Senate

Just go to court to challenge the take over.
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Egbetuaaa: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
NGpatriot:
Kwara’s proposed new secretariat.

It's either the land benefits one filthy rich, greedy and selfish man or benefits the thousands of workers and the people of Kwara state.
[/s]
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Egbetuaaa: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
NGpatriot:
The thing is, how much land do you need in life? You have dozens of houses and landed properties all over the world, even the one appropriated for your own people in Kwara, you and your father used magomago to corner the land, even the location of the land is suspect since it's in and around government properties and institutions.

If you have COC or proof of payment for the land, show the world or just shut your greedy and selfish mouth.
[/s]
Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Showruleworld: 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
A lot of people on this platform are mad people ....if you are from kwara and see what saraki family turn the whole state to you will never talk this way..... today out of the whole state of the federation kwara is the poorest state in Nigeria today..... Nothing to show up.....my prayers to God is to let the whole generation of bukola to die in pain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki by Egbetuaaa: 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s][quote author=CaptainMeks post=85302422][/quote][/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide / Top Nigerian Politician Who 'Controls Many Judges' Revealed By Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.