Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers (8907 Views)

To My Yoruba Brothers / Question For My Yoruba Brothers & Sisters / I Weep For My Yoruba Brothers, The Man Finally Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by 0monnak0da: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
PHijo:

It was! It was Nigeria's first capital.
]

It was the Capital of the East not a unified Nigeria

When the whole of southern Nigeria was unified Lagos was the Capital
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
You're doing childish supremacy contest. Ask yourself how are you personally better than the average Igbo man interms of standard of living? If you're taking to Kwara alongside an Igbo man, do you think you have a higher chance of succeeding than him? If you're taking to Zamfara alongside an Igbo man, do you think you have a better chance of succeeding than him. You answer will tell you you wrote rubbish!
Oshigun:

Nigeria can't defy evolution so Igbos winning seats in non-Igbo States and vice versa will be the norm in future as Nigerians become more sophisticated and liberal. Yet Igbos will still lose out because the electorate anywhere outside Igboland will trust others more than Igbos. The tribalism, clannishness and hate of others bedevilling Igbos will always be their downfall. It is no coincidence that Igbos succeeding outside Igboland in political/public administration are "efulefu" (according to Igbos) like Igbokwe, Okorochas, Akabueze, Onu et al.

These people are the Igbos who are not clannish, tribalistic or hateful of other Nigerians. Naturally average Igbos don't celebrate or endorse Igbos like that. They hate and ostracise them for not being Igbo local champions. This is why these people find acceptance and relevance amongst other Nigerians once they alienate themselves from Igbocentric behaviour Igbos have gotten themselves a negative reputation for in Nigeria and beyond. Igbos will always struggle to lead others as they are simply not tolerant or egalitarian enough. You cant give what you don't have. This is why Igbos are jealous of Yorubas who are a people all Nigerians trusts, are comfortable with and move to live and work with.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by PHijo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
0monnak0da:
]

It was the Capital of the East not a unified Nigeria

When the whole of southern Nigeria was unified Lagos was the Capital

It was the capital of a unified colony. The capital of the east was Enugu and not Calabar.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
PHijo:

It was the capital of a unified colony. The capital of the east was Enugu and not Calabar.

What an intelligent reply.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
In the political environment, you think 1yr is enough to make constitutional changes in a democracy? 1yr is only enough in a military govt besides you need the national assembly dominated by the Northerners who are against restructuring. Meanwhile the body language from SW at the time shows they will not support it at the national assembly. Southwesterners still has that body language!
Difrent:

Here we go again
GEJ had a WHOLE YEAR after the confab report was submitted but REFUSED to act on it, but to you its the Yoruba that's to blame. Continue

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by 0monnak0da: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
PHijo:

Guy stop talking ignorantly

Southern Nigeria Protectorate( Eastern Reagion below Lokoja) was Merged with the Colony and Protectorate of Lagos in 1906 its Capital was Lagos

This was Merged with Northen Nigeria in 1914 with Lagos as Capital
The Capital of the Northern Protectorate was Zungeru

Calabar was NEVER capital of what we know as Nigeria today but what later came to be called the Eastern Region
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Yujin(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
Rekhina:
My ADA ukwu anu

Adadiorama 1 of ibekuland
Agunwanyi chiri echichi na Asaba ,chia na onitcha ugbo
Adakajara akaja 1 na Taraba state
Doorwkuese (I hope am correct) of tivland
And Adabiafra uwanile ekele kwamoo!

Mc oluomo is in Lagos to fight ur Igbo people doing business ,that's y he is so proud of him than dos fighting fulanis
Lol. I ji ya.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Calabar was never Nigeria's capital. Nigeria came to being in 1914 with lagos as her Capital. Before then you have the Southern and Northern Protectorates but it was not Nigeria and the South and North were different entities until 1914 amalgamation. Calabar was the capital of the Southern protectorate even lokoja at a time
PHijo:

It was! It was Nigeria's first capital.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by 0monnak0da: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
Calabar was never Nigeria's capital. Nigeria came to being in 1914 with lagos as her Capital. Before then you have the Southern and Northern Protectorates but it was not Nigeria and the South and North were different entities until 1914 amalgamation. Calabar was the capital of the Southern protectorate even lokoja at a time

The Southern Protectorate Is different from Southern Nigeria

Southern Nigeria comprised Southern Nigeria Protectorate = Territory east of the Niger

PLUS

The Colony and Protectorate of Lagos = West of the Niger

The two were merged in 1906 with Lagos as capital prior to merging with the North in 1914
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
It wasn't Nigeria until 1914 so Calabar was never capital of Nigeria as we know it.
0monnak0da:

The Southern Protectorate Is different from Southern Nigeria

Southern Nigeria comprised Southern Nigeria Protectorate = Territory east of the Niger

PLUS

The Colony and Protectorate of Lagos = West of the Niger

The two were merged in 1906 with Lagos as capital prior to merging with the North in 1914
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by 0monnak0da: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
It wasn't Nigeria until 1914 so Calabar was never capital of Nigeria as we know it.
I think we are on the same page

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by 0monnak0da: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:

Calabar was Never capital of the entire south either just the Southern Protectorate which was just the territory EAST of the Niger

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for adding more enlightenment. It's high time the youths make concerted effort to understand how we came to be perhaps it will change our behavior and tolerance towards each other
0monnak0da:

Calabar was Never capital of the entire south either just the Southern Protectorate which was just the territory EAST of the Niger
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Softness147: 5:34am On Jan 14, 2020
KosiGee:

This post is full of S tupidity, foolishness, lies and delusion rolled together.

If you were Igbo, you should be taken to Onitsha and beaten till you are unconscious. When you came to, you trampled, hit and flogged till you learn humility.

You are an idioot for posting this

I know and sure ur parents were among those fools bowing cos of Sarcet Hot drink and a bottle of coke
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Softness147: 5:36am On Jan 14, 2020
77up:
Look at this one justifying yorubas with some few hungary people praising him to get some bucks grin joke is on you if you don't know that ,that kind of people is never limited to yoruba region alone . They are in East, West and North .

Yoruba own too much oooo
Thier girls name just 500 naira,dey Don open their dirty smelling OBO.
Thier belly is their god
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by orisa37: 5:49am On Jan 14, 2020
kayfra:
Oluomo > Deji

Deji is a fraud

OLU IS DETA: OLUWA. OLORUN. OLODUMARE.

LORDGOD IS OLUWA-OLORUN: DEJI AND A REALITY.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:18am On Jan 14, 2020
technicallyrich:
I have no issue with the oduduwa republic,but dont add lagos and ondo to it as these two states originally belongs to ijaws and benin people.
And yorubas wont take it without a fight and resistance from EAST(ss/se).
God bless us all.
Lagos belongs to ijaw and Benin?? Even me I'm ijaw and I know you're typing nonsense
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by 77up(m): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2020
Softness147:

Yoruba own too much oooo
Thier girls name just 500 naira,dey Don open their dirty smelling OBO.
Thier belly is their god
Take that to the bank, I'm not interested in any kind of awkward comment and post this year.

Good day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Biodun Ogunyemi: We Are Expecting Buhari’s Decision On IPPIS / Tax Evasion: Reps Summon Trade Ministry, Over MTN ₦2.6trn Naira Waiver / Real Owners Of Lagos Have Locked Alaba Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.