Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st (31086 Views)

Jabez' Prayer: You Can Turn Your Situation Around Today! / CAN Lagos Chapter Directs Churches To Close At 11pm On December 31 / Important Prayer You Need To Pray Very Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by melotech(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2019
Unlocking and flashing of all your mobile phone
Call 08099243259
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by hoopLA: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2019
@OP,

I hate your guts.

That i cannot deny.

I think you are a deranged psychopathic zealot looking for attention.

BUT

On this one, you are 100% right.

I give you that.

As much as it hurts me to admit that someone who has insulted me on these pages actually right, I have to be honest to myself.

I still hate you though.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by KamikazeQ: 11:05am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
post=85310047:

There is absolutely nothing bad in all these prayer points you listed OP.
Ask and it shall be given to you
The HOLY BOOK told us.
Out of the abundance of the heart,
The mouth speaketh.

But as always , we will always respect everyone's view on religious issues.

Peace out and have a blessed last 48 hours of 2019.
May God keep us safe and sound as we pray into the New Year.

For those still expecting the 11th hour miracles.
God got you!
He's saving the best for the last for you.

#JustBelieve

Christians are confused you say?!

Different souls with different issues on this forum!
Anyways , Jesus loves souls like yours.
He works better with your beautiful type.
He will never leave nor forsake you.

Again, Jesus Loves you.
And so do we.....
[/s]
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Grace001: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2019
See confusion... Too many doctrine(false teaching) brings about confusion
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by mauchiz: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

On December 31st, many Churches which use to be half filled with witness an extreme number of attendance. Those who normally get lots of attendance will rent more space and chairs because the attendance on that night will be massive. Why?

Those who will fill the Church auditoriums are those who have enjoyed a Detty December and now want a prosperous New Year. We all want the same and that is what false prophets capitalize on. This thread is aimed at warning the public against their antics and evil ways ahead of December 31st night.

On December 31st aka Watch Night aka Crossover Night, many Churches will lead people into saying prayers that are contrary to the Bible. Many will even command God as if he's their slave.

Examples of prayers many will say and also say the loudest Amen to:

"2020 is my year of greatness"

"I shall not lack in 2020".

"I will own 2020"

"A house, car and promotion for me next year"

"All my enemies shall die in 2020" etc

Have you ever taken your time to even examine these prayers that false prophets love to tell their congregation to say? These prayers are totally unbiblical and against the word of God. That's why many of those who say them will come back on December 2020 to say the same thing because none ever got answered. Why didn't they get answered?

Lamentations 3:37
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

How can you say "2020 my year of greatness" when God commanded it not? Where in the entire Bible did God say such concerning your life? How can you say "you shall not lack in 2020" without saying it as a prayer to God but as a command? God says in Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

As seen above, the prayer involves God, same way David involved God saying "the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want".

But today, people make all sorts of wild and fantasy demands and claim it is word of faith. They go further to say it is the things you tell yourself that comes to pass. That's a LIE because...

It is a lie because even if you say you will die tomorrow and God doesn't command it, you won't die. Same goes for saying you will be great. If God doesn't command it, it won't come to pass.

These false prophets go further by telling their congregation to repeat after them saying "My father, My father, rise up and lift me up in 2020". This is totally a disrespect for God. They do this because they don't know who God is. You don't tell God what to do, he tells you what to do. He gives the commands, not you. This is why many prayers won't be answered on December 31st.

So how do you pray? Pray acccording to God's will. That's how Jesus prayed. Ask to know what God's will is for your life. Pray that he shows you so you can walk in it. This will save you the stress of praying for a mansion and cars when you are totally jobless. Any prayer you say, tell God to help you get your mind off it if it's not his will for your life. This will help prevent you from expecting things you demanded from God and feeling disappointed when they don't get fulfilled. Always pray according to his will.

Luke 22:42
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done

A second false strategy used by false prophets on December 31st is the extortion of money from their congregation. They tell you to sow a seed in terms of money to make your 2020 great. They tell you to give to God so that he can give to you in return. This is a scam and contrary to God's word.

You don't pay God to give you anything. How much have you paid for the life you have now? The air you breathe and the light of day and night? Did you give God something before you got those things? No.

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Did you see the bolded word which says freely? Where does it say "sow a seed before God gives you anything?". Nowhere. God has been giving us all things right from time and totally free.

Why then are you falling for the scam of seed sowing to reap blessings? It's because you are either a thief or you don't believe God's word that he will freely give us all things.

Many sowed seeds for greatness on December 31st, 2019, and none got harvested. The false prophets will tell then that though they might have sown a seed for a house or promotion at work, but the seed got harvested in form of the good health they enjoyed. Which farmer will want to remain in business if he keeps reaping something totally different from what he sowed?
The false prophets have basically made them lose hope and their trust in God for not fulfilling his own end of a bargain he never got involved in. SCAM grin

Show me where in the entire scriptures someone sowed a seed to God and got blessed. You will never find. So, there is no basis in the Bible for you to rely on seed sowing. It is useless and contrary to God's word. So, any pastor telling you to sow a seed so that your new year will be great is fake and a scammer. It is his own new year that will be great as a result of your money.

Now, why do you still want to congregate in a so-called church that operates in this manner - false crossover prayers and seed sowing? None of what they practice goes in line with God's word. It also shows that they do not know God.

Isaiah 8:20 KJV
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

If they speak not according to God's word, it means they are not sent by God. Flee from them or else they will keep scaming you. Your failure to read the Bible and accept the Gospel is the reason why you will always be available to be scammed by them. That's why, after having a Detty December, many will now remember God on the 31st because they want the fun of December to continue in the new year. Guess what? Fake pastors will tell them what they want to hear just to take their money.

Be careful where you go to praise God on Crossover night. Be careful the kind of prayers you say. Be careful the kind of gift you give God.

Thank you.

Picture of the Pharisee and the tax collector saying a prayer

The bible said you shall decree a thing and it shall be established,

When I declare the word of God concerning a situation it comes to pass,
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Kingrefreshed: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

On December 31st, many Churches which use to be half filled with witness an extreme number of attendance. Those who normally get lots of attendance will rent more space and chairs because the attendance on that night will be massive. Why?

Those who will fill the Church auditoriums are those who have enjoyed a Detty December and now want a prosperous New Year. We all want the same and that is what false prophets capitalize on. This thread is aimed at warning the public against their antics and evil ways ahead of December 31st night.

On December 31st aka Watch Night aka Crossover Night, many Churches will lead people into saying prayers that are contrary to the Bible. Many will even command God as if he's their slave.

Examples of prayers many will say and also say the loudest Amen to:

"I will own 2020"

Have you ever taken your time to even examine these prayers that false prophets love to tell their congregation to say? These prayers are totally unbiblical and against the word of God. That's why many of those who say them will come back on December 2020 to say the same thing because none ever got answered. Why didn't they get answered?

How can you say "2020 my year of greatness" when God commanded it not? Where in the entire Bible did God say such concerning your life? How can you say "you shall not lack in 2020" without saying it as a prayer to God but as a command? God says in Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

As seen above, the prayer involves God, same way David involved God saying "the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want".

But today, people make all sorts of wild and fantasy demands and claim it is word of faith. They go further to say it is the things you tell yourself that comes to pass. That's a LIE because...

It is a lie because even if you say you will die tomorrow and God doesn't command it, you won't die. Same goes for saying you will be great. If God doesn't command it, it won't come to pass.

These false prophets go further by telling their congregation to repeat after them saying "My father, My father, rise up and lift me up in 2020". This is totally a disrespect for God. They do this because they don't know who God is. You don't tell God what to do, he tells you what to do. He gives the commands, not you. This is why many prayers won't be answered on December 31st.

So how do you pray? Pray acccording to God's will. That's how Jesus prayed. Ask to know what God's will is for your life. Pray that he shows you so you can walk in it. This will save you the stress of praying for a mansion and cars when you are totally jobless. Any prayer you say, tell God to help you get your mind off it if it's not his will for your life. This will help prevent you from expecting things you demanded from God and feeling disappointed when they don't get fulfilled. Always pray according to his will.

Luke 22:42
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done

A second false strategy used by false prophets on December 31st is the extortion of money from their congregation. They tell you to sow a seed in terms of money to make your 2020 great. They tell you to give to God so that he can give to you in return. This is a scam and contrary to God's word.

You don't pay God to give you anything. How much have you paid for the life you have now? The air you breathe and the light of day and night? Did you give God something before you got those things? No.

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Did you see the bolded word which says freely? Where does it say "sow a seed before God gives you anything?". Nowhere. God has been giving us all things right from time and totally free.

Why then are you falling for the scam of seed sowing to reap blessings? It's because you are either a thief or you don't believe God's word that he will freely give us all things.

Many sowed seeds for greatness on December 31st, 2019, and none got harvested. The false prophets will tell then that though they might have sown a seed for a house or promotion at work, but the seed got harvested in form of the good health they enjoyed. Which farmer will want to remain in business if he keeps reaping something totally different from what he sowed?
The false prophets have basically made them lose hope and their trust in God for not fulfilling his own end of a bargain he never got involved in. SCAM grin

Show me where in the entire scriptures someone sowed a seed to God and got blessed. You will never find. So, there is no basis in the Bible for you to rely on seed sowing. It is useless and contrary to God's word. So, any pastor telling you to sow a seed so that your new year will be great is fake and a scammer. It is his own new year that will be great as a result of your money.

Now, why do you still want to congregate in a so-called church that operates in this manner - false crossover prayers and seed sowing? None of what they practice goes in line with God's word. It also shows that they do not know God.

Isaiah 8:20 KJV
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

If they speak not according to God's word, it means they are not sent by God. Flee from them or else they will keep scaming you. Your failure to read the Bible and accept the Gospel is the reason why you will always be available to be scammed by them. That's why, after having a Detty December, many will now remember God on the 31st because they want the fun of December to continue in the new year. Guess what? Fake pastors will tell them what they want to hear just to take their money.

Be careful where you go to praise God on Crossover night. Be careful the kind of prayers you say. Be careful the kind of gift you give God.

Thank you.

Picture of the Pharisee and the tax collector saying a prayer

Just tired of you Muslims writing and talking about Christianity like you know shiiiit. Sorry for all those Christians who read and swallow everything they read with the hook.

I'm off to shosssh now!
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by superability(m): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2019
Initially, I never wanted commenting, but I changed my mind.

OP, I don't want to counter all ur claim and ur biblical reference... But I will just point out a few things....
There is want we call Prophecy and also creative prophecy. Prophecy is futuristic, and creative prophecy is what a man can command to happen ( this is totally fine by a man or woman who has Koinonia with the Holy Spirit). For example, when a man tells you that you will be involved in an accident if u travel by road on so so so day, you can go to your secret place and change that prophecy. Though the Prophecy wasn't fake, it was a message given by God to you... Engaging the creative dimension of prophecy can enable you to counter that and travel that very day and nothing will happen to you.

This brings me to prayers made during New year's Eve....
The prayers are basically creative dimension of prophecy, but the problem is that many of the believers making such prayers do not even have a relationship with God... For example, can you just go and meet someone you have no business with to give you a certain amount of money to set up a business? I guess he can give you that only if he is a very good person and has the money and a free heart to do that. That's where God's mercy comes in.

I can go on and on giving examples, but no need for that.
I know some persons will pray for the death of enemies and so on, I'm not against that cos it's solely their choice. For me I will prefer they are alive to see the goodness of God towards me and be clothed with 'firerizing' shame.

Based on the commanding God syndrome you spoke about and using the scripture "...who can say a thing and it shall come to pass..." Is solely out of point... Believers are given the power to command.... " Anything you command on Earth will be sanctioned also in heaven" Based on this backdrop, you are not exactly commanding God but rather making declarations... God is supreme and will answer to what we actually need not what we want.
Most times believers pray Amiss, but God system of answering prayers is even beyond my comprehension.

Yes, God is the only one that can cause a change, agreed. But can you leave your room unkept cos you want God to come and do the sanitation for you?
The juice here is this, if you make prayers or declaration and you did not back it up with actions, you will remain miserable. And if you choose not to make declaration and work alone, you will be amazed how the devil will turn your life into a football pitch.

What do I know?

Happy Sunday to you guys

It's the last Sunday in 2019...
God is faithful

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Zodiac61(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2019
On the other, why not just do not say any prayers at all?
Waste of time, and they don't get answered anyway.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by ABCthings: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2019
evilive:
One thing is certain; no amount of noise can change the will of the Omni-will.

Only a super fool say a prayer twice.
Only a mega fool will ask God for something and at the same time ask for his will to be done. Yet, he keeps asking same over and over.
A wise man ask only for understanding and at the same time weighs every contents of his heart.

As a man thinketh, so will be his life.
It is impossible to receive what you can't give, and vice versa.
How can you love and hate with the same heart, yet, you wonder why your life is a mixture of joy and sorrow.

If you can't find a temple in your heart, you can never find your heart in any temple.
Stop wasting your time making meaningless noises you called prayers.

Do you call that a prayer? Words that were put into your mouth by another king fool thinking himself God's representative.

Do you call that prayer? Many Words written on pages of book by a confused mind; an idiot that sees good and evil in the creation of an all good God.

Brethren, seek holy understanding so that the veils of ignorance will fall off your face. Until then, you remain a puppet. Yeah, a cat calling itself the head but not the tail... Pls, what makes the cat a cat?

My submission with love.

so we leave Jesus and follow you abi?
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Imstrong2(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2019
God bless you op also backing your point with Rom 8:32 concerning God unconditional giving. Receiving from God is faith based. Faith is our spiritual hands to receive what He has promised us. You don't give to get blessed but you give because you are blessed
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by vicben27(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2019
what is this one saying. you better keep ur mouth shut if you don't have what to write about. who made you judge over the standards of prayers to be made. we will all be judged individually on the last day. a true Christian should be able to tell right from wrong. let God be the Judge.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by ABCthings: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2019
Zodiac61:
On the other, why not just do not say any prayers at all?
Waste of time, and they don't get answered anyway.
I've seen prayers getting answered time after time. Be guided!
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by temicyborg(m): 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You mean if I keep asking my father to give me a snake, he will one day give it to me? Would that be a loving father?

I'm not saying asking for a better year is bad. These people aren't asking but decreeing and declaring when God has not commanded it.

Asking= "God please make my 2020 year a good one"

Decreeing="2020 is my year of Greatness"

God will likely answer the one asking, not the one declaring. Since you already say 2020 is your year of greatness, then go and enjoy it without me - God. Then we'll see how great it will be.
tanx bro 4 opening my eyes as in how 2 pray GOD bless u
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by BreconHills(m): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Really? Jesus said we should not declare or decree ?
Matthew 17:20
You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible

Job 22:28
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

This is a difficult area. I see your point and I see the posters point. Statistically it is either God is not hearing us, he has different priorities or there is something amiss in our prayers. I feel it might be 2 or 3. I say statistically because in spite of our fervour and prayers especially the 31st of December version, the poverty rate has continued to climb.

We are a religious people who feel we can do what we like throughout the year and yet hedge our bets with a cross over prayer knowing full well we will return to our habits soon after midnight. I think it is to such people that the piece is being written.

Micah 6:8 says "No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God"

One can make the bible say anything by picking out bits and pieces here and there. But when we look at it from a high level - we can get better insight. God certainly delights in the prosperity of his people.

The question that needs answering is " who are his people?" and how does God view prosperity ?

One thing is for sure, many people who flit in and out of church at midnight are self deceived. Of that I am sure.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Hestywhyt(f): 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
GoodBoi1:
Hmmm.... Really? Studying the bible you will learn that there are different kinds of prayer. How can you post an article about prayer and you never quoted the passages where Jesus Christ thought the disciples to pray? Jesus Christ encourages us to be persistent in prayer

Luke 11:5-10
5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[e] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Who are you to be mocking people who are believing God for something and it looks like they have not received it. I wonder what you will say about Abraham and Hannah in the bible, I guess you will mock them too

Thank you and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Wyclefniranz(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
Only one verse for you

Matt. 7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by miketayo(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
Not only crossover it's ankle breaker.
Calendar is man made don't sweat it. Jan 1 is just another day like today and yesterday.
Thank God for today
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus said we should ask, not declare or decree. Now, tell me, where in the below kind of prayers does it sound like people asking?

"I will own 2020"

Learn to read the verse you quoted very well

JOB 22:28, Mark 11:23

Guy, relax o. You and the entire pastors that have taught you DO NOT KNOW HALF about God. Nobody can know all about God nor his ways.
Don't use a little passage in the Bible to claim authority.

There is a place of asking and a place of declaration and decree. David didn't ask Goliath for his head, he declared it, so with Moses at Red sea, Peter at the beautiful Gate, Jesus with the Mad man and so on.

Please let people be. After alll they are not declaring you.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by gambia(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
angry

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by iamme1234(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
@op I think you need to wake up from your slumber
Stop misleading people with your quotes
Your belief is your belief mine is mine, theirs are theirs

The lord is the same yesterday today and even forever more

I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me.

Is there anything you shall ask in my name and I won’t do it.

@op if anyone says 2020 is their year of greatness then so shall it be.

The Bible says anything you bind and open in earth is opened in heaven.

May 2020 be the year of greatness for everyone of us.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by spyglaxx: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
This is why i don't come to religion section.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Vivikema: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You mean if I keep asking my father to give me a snake, he will one day give it to me? Would that be a loving father?

I'm not saying asking for a better year is bad. These people aren't asking but decreeing and declaring when God has not commanded it.

Asking= "God please make my 2020 year a good one"

Decreeing="2020 is my year of Greatness"

God will likely answer the one asking, not the one declaring. Since you already say 2020 is your year of greatness, then go and enjoy it without me - God. Then we'll see how great it will be.
The bible says we should decree and it shall come to pass

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Paulkon12(m): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't get it wrong, believe/faith has nothing to do with declaring or decreeing. You can't declare or decree and it comes to pass when God has not command it. You don't know what God has commanded that's why you need to ask according to his will.

To know God's plans, you have to read the Bible. If whatever you want to decree and declare doesn't align with God's word in the Bible, then it can't come to pass no matter how much you pray. So to say someone is decreeing what might actually align with God's plans is wrong. You don't have a job or a means of livelihood and you are decreeing for a mansion. Dude, what you need is a job, pray for one, not a proclamation of mansion.
have you read Isaiah 45:11 He said concerning the works of my hand command ye me

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by butterfly777(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus said we should ask, not declare or decree. Now, tell me, where in the below kind of prayers does it sound like people asking?

"I will own 2020"

Jesus said in Mark 11:22-23

22 "So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God."

23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says."

24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."

In the above, Jesus teaches us 3 different ways of praying:
1. Ask /Request from God.
2. Give necessary command on the situation e.g, command the mountain, demons, sickness, situation, etc.
3. Say/Confess what we want to come to pass.

This is the word of God. Happy are you as you follow it.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by domopps(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Do the below prayers sound like asking?

"I will own 2020"
"All my enemies shall die in 2020"

They sound like speaking it to be when God commandeth it not. That's equivalent to witchcraft.

You also make it seem like Once I am persistent with asking, then God will do it. What if I'm asking for a snake?

Luke 11:11-13, "If a son shall ask bread of any of
you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or
if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a
serpent?

Most people are asking for a snake, that's why God doesn't answer them. So, just asking is not what matters but asking according to God's will.

It's very simple if your mates are prophesying into their new year on cross over night it's allowed to say the negatives ones into your life ....but for me and my household we shall dominate all through 2020

Cheers
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by ikwedim(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Islamization is real brothers and sisters. The op is not a Christian at all. Those prayers is a prayer of faith. The Bible what soever I shall bind here is already bind in heaven and whatever I shall loose here is loose in heaven. Sorry we are not under the law but operating on FAITH AND GRACE. thank you

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by ossiken(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
For me the issue is can God give them what they are asking for yes is the obvious answer .But many of them who go for the cross over night do not have a personal relationship with God and so they will ask based on selfish interest.they will congregate where their interest will be satisfied. Pray that anywhere go for the cross over night they will encounter the Saviour of their souls
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Legendguru: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Oh
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by DictionMaster: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

"I will own 2020"

Job 22:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bible Question: Was Benjamin Born Before Or After Joseph Was Sold Into Slavery? / Nollywood Stars Turned Pastors (1) / Photos Of Eunice Olawale At Bible School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.