Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st (31087 Views)

Jabez' Prayer: You Can Turn Your Situation Around Today! / CAN Lagos Chapter Directs Churches To Close At 11pm On December 31 / Important Prayer You Need To Pray Very Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by ttmax09(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

On December 31st, many Churches which use to be half filled with witness an extreme number of attendance. Those who normally get lots of attendance will rent more space and chairs because the attendance on that night will be massive. Why?

Those who will fill the Church auditoriums are those who have enjoyed a Detty December and now want a prosperous New Year. We all want the same and that is what false prophets capitalize on. This thread is aimed at warning the public against their antics and evil ways ahead of December 31st night.

On December 31st aka Watch Night aka Crossover Night, many Churches will lead people into saying prayers that are contrary to the Bible. Many will even command God as if he's their slave.

Examples of prayers many will say and also say the loudest Amen to:

"2020 is my year of greatness"

"I shall not lack in 2020".

"I will own 2020"

"A house, car and promotion for me next year"

"All my enemies shall die in 2020" etc

Have you ever taken your time to even examine these prayers that false prophets love to tell their congregation to say? These prayers are totally unbiblical and against the word of God. That's why many of those who say them will come back on December 2020 to say the same thing because none ever got answered. Why didn't they get answered?

Lamentations 3:37
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

How can you say "2020 my year of greatness" when God commanded it not? Where in the entire Bible did God say such concerning your life? How can you say "you shall not lack in 2020" without saying it as a prayer to God but as a command? God says in Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

As seen above, the prayer involves God, same way David involved God saying "the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want".

But today, people make all sorts of wild and fantasy demands and claim it is word of faith. They go further to say it is the things you tell yourself that comes to pass. That's a LIE because...

It is a lie because even if you say you will die tomorrow and God doesn't command it, you won't die. Same goes for saying you will be great. If God doesn't command it, it won't come to pass.

These false prophets go further by telling their congregation to repeat after them saying "My father, My father, rise up and lift me up in 2020". This is totally a disrespect for God. They do this because they don't know who God is. You don't tell God what to do, he tells you what to do. He gives the commands, not you. This is why many prayers won't be answered on December 31st.

So how do you pray? Pray acccording to God's will. That's how Jesus prayed. Ask to know what God's will is for your life. Pray that he shows you so you can walk in it. This will save you the stress of praying for a mansion and cars when you are totally jobless. Any prayer you say, tell God to help you get your mind off it if it's not his will for your life. This will help prevent you from expecting things you demanded from God and feeling disappointed when they don't get fulfilled. Always pray according to his will.

Luke 22:42
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done

A second false strategy used by false prophets on December 31st is the extortion of money from their congregation. They tell you to sow a seed in terms of money to make your 2020 great. They tell you to give to God so that he can give to you in return. This is a scam and contrary to God's word.

You don't pay God to give you anything. How much have you paid for the life you have now? The air you breathe and the light of day and night? Did you give God something before you got those things? No.

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Did you see the bolded word which says freely? Where does it say "sow a seed before God gives you anything?". Nowhere. God has been giving us all things right from time and totally free.

Why then are you falling for the scam of seed sowing to reap blessings? It's because you are either a thief or you don't believe God's word that he will freely give us all things.

Many sowed seeds for greatness on December 31st, 2019, and none got harvested. The false prophets will tell then that though they might have sown a seed for a house or promotion at work, but the seed got harvested in form of the good health they enjoyed. Which farmer will want to remain in business if he keeps reaping something totally different from what he sowed?
The false prophets have basically made them lose hope and their trust in God for not fulfilling his own end of a bargain he never got involved in. SCAM grin

Show me where in the entire scriptures someone sowed a seed to God and got blessed. You will never find. So, there is no basis in the Bible for you to rely on seed sowing. It is useless and contrary to God's word. So, any pastor telling you to sow a seed so that your new year will be great is fake and a scammer. It is his own new year that will be great as a result of your money.

Now, why do you still want to congregate in a so-called church that operates in this manner - false crossover prayers and seed sowing? None of what they practice goes in line with God's word. It also shows that they do not know God.

Isaiah 8:20 KJV
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

If they speak not according to God's word, it means they are not sent by God. Flee from them or else they will keep scaming you. Your failure to read the Bible and accept the Gospel is the reason why you will always be available to be scammed by them. That's why, after having a Detty December, many will now remember God on the 31st because they want the fun of December to continue in the new year. Guess what? Fake pastors will tell them what they want to hear just to take their money.

Be careful where you go to praise God on Crossover night. Be careful the kind of prayers you say. Be careful the kind of gift you give God.

Thank you.

Picture of the Pharisee and the tax collector saying a prayer
Don't know you from anywhere but I don't like going through any thread related to you. Wanna know why? Cos your sermons are always contrary to what the bible teaches. Your interpretation of the bible is warped. Pls do make a change, JESUS loves u.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by alBHAGDADI: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
jospepper:

Job 22:28 KJV

Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

This response is for you and all others who have quoted the above verse to rubbish the OP. Kindly read the below link to see how you all quoted that verse wrongly. You all will see your error.

READ:
https://rootedandgroundedinchrist.com/2016/05/02/job-the-word-of-faith-and-declaring-and-decreeing/
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by alBHAGDADI: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
DictionMaster:

Job 22:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Please read this link:

https://rootedandgroundedinchrist.com/2016/05/02/job-the-word-of-faith-and-declaring-and-decreeing/
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by alBHAGDADI: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
princeking2:

JOB 22:28, Mark 11:23

Guy, relax o. You and the entire pastors that have taught you DO NOT KNOW HALF about God. Nobody can know all about God nor his ways.
Don't use a little passage in the Bible to claim authority.

There is a place of asking and a place of declaration and decree. David didn't ask Goliath for his head, he declared it, so with Moses at Red sea, Peter at the beautiful Gate, Jesus with the Mad man and so on.

Please let people be. After alll they are not declaring you.

Feel free to read this link:

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by alBHAGDADI: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
femi4:
alBHAG.DADI the AntiChrist quoting lamentation and ignoring job 22:28 and Mt 7:7-8

Besides lam 3:37 is referring to God's enemies

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by alBHAGDADI: 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
ooohoo:

The same Bible you quoted says in Job 22:28 that:

Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

ok

Just read this link:

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Ken4Christ: 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

On December 31st, many Churches which use to be half filled with witness an extreme number of attendance. Those who normally get lots of attendance will rent more space and chairs because the attendance on that night will be massive. Why?

Those who will fill the Church auditoriums are those who have enjoyed a Detty December and now want a prosperous New Year. We all want the same and that is what false prophets capitalize on. This thread is aimed at warning the public against their antics and evil ways ahead of December 31st night.

On December 31st aka Watch Night aka Crossover Night, many Churches will lead people into saying prayers that are contrary to the Bible. Many will even command God as if he's their slave.

"I will own 2020"

Have you ever taken your time to even examine these prayers that false prophets love to tell their congregation to say? These prayers are totally unbiblical and against the word of God. That's why many of those who say them will come back on December 2020 to say the same thing because none ever got answered. Why didn't they get answered?

How can you say "2020 my year of greatness" when God commanded it not? Where in the entire Bible did God say such concerning your life? How can you say "you shall not lack in 2020" without saying it as a prayer to God but as a command? God says in Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

As seen above, the prayer involves God, same way David involved God saying "the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want".

But today, people make all sorts of wild and fantasy demands and claim it is word of faith. They go further to say it is the things you tell yourself that comes to pass. That's a LIE because...

It is a lie because even if you say you will die tomorrow and God doesn't command it, you won't die. Same goes for saying you will be great. If God doesn't command it, it won't come to pass.

These false prophets go further by telling their congregation to repeat after them saying "My father, My father, rise up and lift me up in 2020". This is totally a disrespect for God. They do this because they don't know who God is. You don't tell God what to do, he tells you what to do. He gives the commands, not you. This is why many prayers won't be answered on December 31st.

So how do you pray? Pray acccording to God's will. That's how Jesus prayed. Ask to know what God's will is for your life. Pray that he shows you so you can walk in it. This will save you the stress of praying for a mansion and cars when you are totally jobless. Any prayer you say, tell God to help you get your mind off it if it's not his will for your life. This will help prevent you from expecting things you demanded from God and feeling disappointed when they don't get fulfilled. Always pray according to his will.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done

A second false strategy used by false prophets on December 31st is the extortion of money from their congregation. They tell you to sow a seed in terms of money to make your 2020 great. They tell you to give to God so that he can give to you in return. This is a scam and contrary to God's word.

You don't pay God to give you anything. How much have you paid for the life you have now? The air you breathe and the light of day and night? Did you give God something before you got those things? No.

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Did you see the bolded word which says freely? Where does it say "sow a seed before God gives you anything?". Nowhere. God has been giving us all things right from time and totally free.

Why then are you falling for the scam of seed sowing to reap blessings? It's because you are either a thief or you don't believe God's word that he will freely give us all things.

Many sowed seeds for greatness on December 31st, 2019, and none got harvested. The false prophets will tell then that though they might have sown a seed for a house or promotion at work, but the seed got harvested in form of the good health they enjoyed. Which farmer will want to remain in business if he keeps reaping something totally different from what he sowed?
The false prophets have basically made them lose hope and their trust in God for not fulfilling his own end of a bargain he never got involved in. SCAM grin

Show me where in the entire scriptures someone sowed a seed to God and got blessed. You will never find. So, there is no basis in the Bible for you to rely on seed sowing. It is useless and contrary to God's word. So, any pastor telling you to sow a seed so that your new year will be great is fake and a scammer. It is his own new year that will be great as a result of your money.

Now, why do you still want to congregate in a so-called church that operates in this manner - false crossover prayers and seed sowing? None of what they practice goes in line with God's word. It also shows that they do not know God.

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

If they speak not according to God's word, it means they are not sent by God. Flee from them or else they will keep scaming you. Your failure to read the Bible and accept the Gospel is the reason why you will always be available to be scammed by them. That's why, after having a Detty December, many will now remember God on the 31st because they want the fun of December to continue in the new year. Guess what? Fake pastors will tell them what they want to hear just to take their money.

Be careful where you go to praise God on Crossover night. Be careful the kind of prayers you say. Be careful the kind of gift you give God.

Thank you.

You are on point on the issue of prayers especially prayers targeted on perceived enemies. It's absolutely unnecessary.

But I don't agree with you on the issue of seed sowing. Seed sowing is scriptural and their are Scriptures to back it up and their are Biblical examples to support it.

The story of the Widow of Zarephath is one example. She gave the first portion of her last meal to Prophet Elijah and she never lacked for the rest of the famine period. 1st Kings 17:9-16.

The second story is that of the Shunemite woman who took care of the need of Prophet Elisha. The Prophet in return blessed her with the fruit of the womb. He didn't pray for every barren women in Shunem but for the one that ministered to her. 2nd Kings 4:8-17.

Apostle Paul received great support for his ministry from the Philippians church and he blessed them saying, But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:19)

King Solomon offered a thousand burnt offering and got a blanc check in return. This is a dangerous seed. And this opened the door for King Solomon's wealth - 1 Kings 3:3-13

There are several scriptures that teaches on the subject.

Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

You get blessed when you give to the poor. This is seed sowing.

Our Lord Jesus said,
Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

When you give to people, people will give back to you.

Apostle Paul wrote,

2nd Corinthians 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink

I could on and on. The only thing I don't agree with is people should not be manipulated to give or sow seeds. It should be done willingly. And no one should attach a time frame to it. The harvest can be instantaneous and it can take a process of time.

The scripture talks about seed time but never mentioned harvest time. And the blessing can come in different ways you don't even expect. Most of the times, God will bless the works of your hands. So you should have a job when sowing seeds. If you don't have one, get something to do. God doesn't want irresponsible children. You have to work so you can give. And as you give or sow your seed, God takes you to a new level so you can give more.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by pee777(m): 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus said we should ask, not declare or decree. Now, tell me, where in the below kind of prayers does it sound like people asking?

"I will own 2020"

Learn to read the verse you quoted very well

Job 22:28 Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Don't confuse yourself and others. Study your bible well and let God reveal Himself to you. No one commands God as we are all created in the image and likeness of God to exercise the same authority in our world. Gen. 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen. 1:28 - God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
God expects us to rule however satan has subjected man and allow man wallow in ignorance.
Mind you, am not condemning your post but highlighting areas of differences
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Subonbon(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
Davash222:
So, na you wan teach me how to pray now
Is God complaining that I'm commanding Him??
Who are you?? Assistant God

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by theManOfGod(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
Op is like Apollos. Acts 18:24-26 May you find your own Aquila and Priscilla.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by roladex(f): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
[quote author=alBHAGDADI post=85307093]

"I will own 2020"

Thank you.

Picture of the Pharisee and the tax collector saying a prayer [/quote u must be A goat
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
come on......one saying I shall not lack in 2020 and etc is not bad...... it is the same thing as saying (confessing) and accepting Jesus.....we say I accept Jesus died for my sin so therefore I'll make heaven........
it is the same faith and confession of God word that says his children shall not lack, that he makes us lie in green pastures.....and so on.......

Keep on believing and confessing God word until there is manifestation........and don't forget the bible says we are free not just from poverty but also sin and sickness.......keep confessing this......
the same way we go to work hard in our job while also praying for blessings cause we are free from poverty, let us also try and live holy lives and also pray to God to help us live holy lives cause only can help us to cause he has set us free from sin also
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by emmyileri3: 12:24am On Dec 30, 2019
JOB 22: 8.... King James Version
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways....also read Luke 18

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by shegzy23: 12:56am On Dec 30, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

"I will own 2020"

Thank you.

were you dere when God is at work?if the answer is no,so shut up your mouth,if this prayers are not working for you,were not the same
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:33am On Dec 30, 2019
Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Don't be an agent of confusion man. It's God that will answer prayers and not you. Is God complain ing?
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Zodiac61(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2019
Vivikema:

The bible says we should decree and it shall come to pass
And how many if your degrees have come to pass?
Is Nigeria at peace in spite of the daily prayers, incantations and prophecies of the self-appointed General Overseers, bishops, pastors, daddies and prayer warriors? No.
Is God asleep or is he just ignoring them?
Would we not be better off by doing things instead of waiting for a non-existent sky daddy to listen to our wasted supplications?
The unanswered prayers of 2019 will soon be repeated for 2020.
They will remain unanswered unless we actually do something.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Zodiac61(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2019
shegzy23:

were you dere when God is at work?if the answer is no,so shut up your mouth,if this prayers are not working for you,were not the same
Self deception is very dangerous, my friend.
You should learn to listen to reason and stop being dismissive.
Religion creates a tribe of the ignorant.
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Insectkiller: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2019
I think OP was wrong to have allowed this rubbish and confusing article to see d front page..

This is a pure aethist words..

Ye shall receive what u believe..
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by xprez(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
They are positive
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by pee777(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
You have indeed quoted the right scriptures but your explanations I think makes you want to act like God. Our ways and reasoning are totally different from God own therefore we can't think for God or claim to act in place of God. Either you pray in a right way or in a wrong way its still God that out of His mercy knows your needs even before you pray. The holy spirit often times teach us to pray and help us in our infirmities or weaknesses. You are entitled to your opinion but as far as spiritual matters are concerned, no one knows it all. Don't castigate other because of the little revelation you have, God reveals in parts. The part I know you may not know even if being revealed in same dimension. God s word is new everyday because same word may have different revelation to answer our different needs in life.

[quote author=roladex post=85329567][/quote]
Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by pee777(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
The explanation you sited below does not give a true reflection of who God but just a view of an internet author like yourself. God has used many vessels that we may regard as unclean to communicate His will and purpose to His servants. Read a scripture in the light of the holy spirit teaching and see how it applies to your personal life. Job 22:28 was never regarded as false statement even if the vessel that was used to utter it has not

alBHAGDADI:

Re: Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st by Acehart: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Davash222:
So, na you wan teach me how to pray now
Is God complaining that I'm commanding Him??
Who are you?? Assistant God

Isa 45:11  The Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, says, Will you put a question to me about the things which are to come, or will you give me orders about my sons, and the work of my hands?

Isaiah 45:11 Thus says the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: “How dare you question Me concerning My sons, or instruct Me about the work of My hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / Bible Question: Was Benjamin Born Before Or After Joseph Was Sold Into Slavery? / Nollywood Stars Turned Pastors (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.