Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta (355 Views)

Daniel Ek, Spotify Owner's Bid To Take Over Arsenal Is Now "Very Serious" / Vandrezzer Fc is the biggest club side in Nigeria presently / Mikel Obi And Middlesbrough Teammates Visit Primary School In England (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta by ackim: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
New Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta has stated that the players need to win back the fans at the Emirates as he prepares for his first home match in charge.

The former captain of the club added that the North London club is the biggest club in England.

Former Gunners midfielder Arteta takes his place in the dugout at the Emirates on Super Sunday against Chelsea.

"We need to connect the team with the fans again, I sense in the last few seasons there has been a big disconnection, and we are losing a lot of power. I said before that they are probably the most important part of the football club, and we need to get them on board, we need to convince them, and we need to be able to transmit what we are trying to do with the team.

"Hopefully on Sunday they will start to see some things where they think: 'OK, I take this on board, I start to like a few things!' The process is going to take some time, but I hope we can start to engage them again.

"I think many things happened in the last two seasons that have a strong say on the situation right now. What we can do is to make sure every time they wear that shirt, every time they jump onto that pitch, they give absolutely everything, and they have to feel there is a sense of what we are trying to achieve.

"If the fans can see an identity close to what they are used to seeing with Arsenal, they will be on board."

"It was incredible to play here as an Arsenal player. It's one of the most beautiful, exciting stadiums in the world. When this crowd gets going, and you feel them right behind the team, it's an incredible place.

"The moment you jump into this football club, you feel the pressure attached to playing here. The demands is to win, win trophies, to win every three days, be better than your opponents. Those are the standards here, and it can't be anything different. It doesn't matter what happened in the past.

"When you have the crowd with you, it's confidence, it's belief, you feel protected. You take the handbrake down, and you feel the gas coming out of your veins. You feel big. You can control the situation.

"This club deserves nothing else but excellence. It deserves the best every single day. Everyone who jumps through that door needs to realise that is what we're going to be requiring."

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/arsenal-is-biggest-club-in-england.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta by ghettokid1(m): 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
formerly not now
Re: Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
He's actually right.... Arsenal is the biggest "Night Club" in England.
Re: Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta by luvola(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
grin angry
Erediauwa:
grin
Erediauwa:
You will not make Heaven with this your quote.
Re: Arsenal Is The Biggest Club In England - Arteta by Popcaleb1: 5:35am On Dec 30, 2019
Im not surprised thats what every managers says when they are appointed. You beta buy new players.

(1) (Reply)

Danny Drinkwater Leaves Chelsea For Aston Villa On Loan / British Journalist Back Odegbami: ‘yes, Yobo Can Lead Eagles To 2022 World Cup!’ / Fabinho And Joel Matip Set For Liverpool Vs Manchester United, Says Jurgen Klopp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.