Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies (73357 Views)

Ronaldo Slammed For Walking Out On Allegri While Addressing Juventus Players / Boxer Amir Khan And Family Get Death Threats For 'betraying' Islam By Erecting A / Mayweather Eyes 51st Fight, But Not Against Amir Khan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by kong200: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2019
noisy45:

Go and grab some sand and play with your mates islamic terrorist grin

You must be really pained christian terrorist
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2019
midnighter:

Nah, youre missing the point yourself.

You stated that a Muslim decorating his house for Christmas is "very strange" and I simply outlined all the reasons why it is far from that, given the context.

You said that "being English doesnt stop him from being a Muslim" without acknowledging the fact that being a Muslim equally doesnt necessarily stop him from being English! The issue of cultural assimilation doesnt go away just because its not convenient for your argument.

The language you used was accusatory in tone. Of course it is not surprising that some people would find his actions offensive but you went off the point talking about blasphemy and idolatry in a bid to justify their offence, which was not necessary. If youre not a Muslim defender then what was the essence of saying all that?

Now, youre saying its "something [I'm] pretending is difficult to understand" when the point was not that they were offended; the point was you talking about "crossing lines" and using language suggesting that he was culpable on the sole basis of being a Muslim celebrating a "Christian" festival when such is not the case.
I like this Midnighter grin grin
Someone should give me Matteo Messi meme cheesy!!

1 Like

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2019
ibechris:
The last sallah celebration was funny.

I came out and greeted my Hausa neighbour that faithful day,and I said,happy sallah.

The guy was provoked for a Christian to greet him that way and since then I send them again.
Imagine the deformity of his mind.?
We can never have 'one Nation' when religion has successfully separated us!!!

1 Like

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by lookingfly: 11:12am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

I can tell you for a fact that muslims are more tolerant than Christians

Muslims visit churches than Christians visiting mosques
Muslims wish people merry Christmas than Christians wishing muslims happy eid mubarak
Christians would never accept muslim telling them to dump their religion and god and follow Allah is they want to make it to heaven like they do on the roads, buses, uninvited house visitation etc
Muslims will party with christians during Christmas but Christians would instead tell their Muslim friends their celebration is sacrificial so they cant be part of it.

The bigotry and hypocrisy in their camp of christianity is legendary
I was born and brought up in the core north and there is nothing you can tell me about Islam that i don't know about, infact relation of mine converted to Islam. But i must say this will all truth that you're biace with the statements you made above.

1 Like

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by asamaigho(m): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

Quit your cheap lie, ordinary wishing muslims eid mubarak heaven almost fell let alone eat. Scroll up for the link to the thread nitwit

did u read the part where i refered to d bible?
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by midnighter(f): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

I can tell you for a fact that muslims are more tolerant than Christians

Muslims visit churches than Christians visiting mosques
Muslims wish people merry Christmas than Christians wishing muslims happy eid mubarak
Christians would never accept muslim telling them to dump their religion and god and follow Allah is they want to make it to heaven like they do on the roads, buses, uninvited house visitation etc
Muslims will party with christians during Christmas but Christians would instead tell their Muslim friends their celebration is sacrificial so they cant be part of it.

The bigotry and hypocrisy in their camp of christianity is legendary

Gosh! What a pack of lies! If you invite a Muslim to church now he will refuse to enter but will still try to invite you for khutbah programme, you are not serious
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by kong200: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2019
midnighter:

Gosh! What a pack of lies! If you invite a Muslim to church now he will refuse to enter but will still try to invite you for khutbah programme, you are not serious

Only bigots like yourself will deny the obvious facts I stated.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by midnighter(f): 11:21am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

Only bigots like yourself will deny the obvious facts I stated.

What a liar! Have you ever entered a church in your life or is that one "shirk" too smh
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by kong200: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2019
lookingfly:
I was born and brought up in the core north and there is nothing you can tell me about Islam that i don't know about, infact relation of mine converted to Islam. But i must say this will all truth that you're biace with the statements you made above.

Like you said, you lived your life in the north. No south westerner will ever deny what I said expect s/he wants to be biased and sentimental about it.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by midnighter(f): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

This is the only part of your post that has some element of credibility because I dont often witness Muslims outside doing Dawah, the rest of it is just sentimental mewling.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by kong200: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2019
midnighter:

This is the only part of your post that has some element of credibility because I dont often witness Muslims outside doing Dawah, the rest of it is just sentimental mewling.

There is nothing sentimental about it and I can tell you for a fact, you dont and have never lived in south west
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by kong200: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2019
midnighter:

What a liar! Have you ever entered a church in your life or is that one "shirk" too smh

I dont discuss with retarrrds
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2019
midnighter:

Nah, youre missing the point yourself.

You stated that a Muslim decorating his house for Christmas is "very strange" and I simply outlined all the reasons why it is far from that, given the context.

You said that "being English doesnt stop him from being a Muslim" without acknowledging the fact that being a Muslim equally doesnt necessarily stop him from being English! The issue of cultural assimilation doesnt go away just because its not convenient for your argument.

The language you used was accusatory in tone. Of course it is not surprising that some people would find his actions offensive but you went off the point talking about blasphemy and idolatry in a bid to justify their offence, which was not necessary. If youre not a Muslim defender then what was the essence of saying all that?

Now, youre saying its "something [I'm] pretending is difficult to understand" when the point was not that they were offended; the point was you talking about "crossing lines" and using language suggesting that he was culpable on the sole basis of being a Muslim celebrating a "Christian" festival when such is not the case.

Except Khan is an atheist, there are limits to "assimilation". Jews have lived in Europe and the West for hundreds to thousands of years and maintained a distinct ethno-religious identity. Nobody expects Orthodox Jews to erect Christmas trees in their houses during Christmas. There was nothing "accusatory" cos I didn't accuse Khan of anything. I said his actions are strange for a high profile Muslim and showed why his peer Muslims would find his actions anathema to their culture and obligations.
This is not a consequential argument so I'm pretty much wasting my time here.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by midnighter(f): 11:40am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

There is nothing sentimental about it and I can tell you for a fact, you dont and have never lived in south west

Are the so-called "hypocrites" of the southwest indicative of the entire Nigerian sample or even Christians worldwide?

Everybody knows that mainstream Muslims are leading when it comes to intolerance, even the enlightened ones
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by midnighter(f): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Except Khan is an atheist, there are limits to "assimilation". Jews have lived in Europe and the West for hundreds to thousands of years and maintained a distinct ethno-religious identity. Nobody expects Orthodox Jews to erect Christmas trees in their houses during Christmas. There was nothing "accusatory" cos I didn't accuse Khan of anything. I said his actions are strange for a high profile Muslim and showed why his peer Muslims would find his actions anathema to their culture and obligations.
This is not a consequential argument so I'm pretty much wasting my time here.

Yes, you are definitely wasting your time if you can't understand that an orthodox Jew whose very existence is totally anathema to anything concerning the birth of Christ is totally different from a second generation Sufi Muslim lmao have a wonderful day Sir
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by midnighter(f): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2019
kong200:

I dont discuss with retarrrds

Please excuse me for that flippant comment, I was irritated.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Lastmankc(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
SEGLIZ:

going by that name (@) you should know that a pre-installed app on Nairaland.
hope you ain't one of our hater?
that name is contagiously anti-viral and hyper hypnotic to wailers and haters, a strong stimulant to the docile wailers and haters.
permit to take it street wise...........she is the 'ijaya nairaland.'
Cool.once again, I congratule both of you.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Captiveportal: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=Solorrman post=85332221][/quote] leave me alone man and worship your God..... idiot
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Tarabye: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Damntruth(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Sweet people
Christian is.....
"THINK NOT I COME TO BRING PEACE TO EARTH, BUT SWORD "
MATTEW 10 :34.
37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
The one key element in this lengthy passage is the word "sword," and its meaning is now clear. It indicates that following Jesus in his original Jewish society may not bring peace to a family, but may "split" it up, the precise function of a metaphorical sword. Are his disciples ready for that? This kind of spiritual sword invisibly severs a man from his father, and daughter from her mother, and so on (Micah 7:6). Given Jesus’ own family resistance early on (they later came around), it is only natural he would say that no matter what the cost, one must follow him to the end, even if it means giving up one’s family. But this applies only if the family rejects the new convert, not if the family accepts him in his new faith; he must not reject them, because the whole point of Jesus’ advent is to win as many people to his side as possible, even if this divides the world in two, but never violently.

Furthermore, we can reference the larger textual context in the Gospel of Matthew. In the Garden of Gethsemane, during the hour when Jesus was betrayed and arrested, Peter struck off the ear of the servant of the high priest in order to protect his Lord. But Jesus tells him to stop.

Matthew 26:52-53 says:

52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" (NIV)

Jesus denounces violence to accomplish the will of God—at least as Peter imagines the will of God. Then Jesus says that he has more than twelve legions of angels at his disposal. He did not come to crush the Roman Empire. Instead, he willingly lays down his life and dies for the sins of the whole world. Will it accept this wonderful gift?

Now we can appeal to even a much larger textual context. The non-literal interpretation of the sword is confirmed by a parallel passage in the Gospel of Luke.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Caseless: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
post=85328721:
Those must be the extremists and fanatics.

Same way some fake Christians castigate us for eating The ever delicious and tasty Sallah Rams.

Hypocrites abound.

This is the way we should live as brothers and sisters..
Tolerating one another religiously.......

Caseless,
Toryosih2,
We no see una Merry Christmas wishes o...
Dat one good so?

Hmmmmm.......
Inside life....... wink

Grilling father, continue to grill in grace and prosperity.

No mind the haters...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
Caseless:

Grills, continue to grill in grace and prosperity.

No mind the haters...
Thanks brotherly.
Happy New year in addy.
We no see dem haters at all.
Dem no reach.
Nigeria will be great again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Opotoyi5: 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
post=85347130:

Thanks brotherly.
Happy New year in addy.
Dem no reach.
[/s]
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Caseless: 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
post=85347130:

Thanks brotherly.
Happy New year in addy.
Dem no reach.
amen! Haters no reach!

Happy New year in advance, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Bobosneh: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
las las religion na scam. do anyhow make I break your head with otumopa

Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by luluman: 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
dawnomike:
He has just made me his fan!!! grin
Me too. Just wonder how people can mind their biz
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by luluman: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Kaybaba5:
This guy should be careful cos they will soon come for his head

Religion of peace
IRONY.
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
Abass1Toheeb:

go and see for yourself, study it and understand.
I dey craze I don't wanna be strapped with a bomb vest abeg grin grin
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by masqot(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
Tolerance, exposition and civilization are major antidotes that could emancipate men from dogmatism
Re: Amir Khan And Family's Christmas Picture Gets Him Slammed By Muslims, He Replies by YusufTheGreat: 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
dawnomike:
It is no problem to me as many of my friends are muslims and some have been my friend since 1999. They visit me for Christmas and i visit them for the salah celebration. I even have one of my sisters married to a muslim. Love an tolerance is all we need.
We were first Humans before being Muslims or Christians
true

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash / Fans Storm Mohamed Salah's House In Egypt (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Hungary: FIFA U17 World Cup (4 - 2) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.