Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? (12057 Views)

Kachikwu Answering Questions At Senate Over Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? / GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by reindeer: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2010
Please someone should send some brain tissue to ROSSIKE, he desperately needs it,
I hate calling people names but people so bereft of intelligence like that needs to be sent back to the psych ward.
Silly thing angry
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by marcus1234: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Beaf: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
All Nigerians need to think up ways to campaign against the wages of the NASS. We should set up chain emails, facebook pages etc.
These guys need to be uprooted.

Restructuring the NASS is a target that every Nigerian must have in their sights, if we are to march through to true federalism and an equitable society where values are sacred. We owe it to ourselves and our children.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by vanitty: 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2010
@ROSSIKE

First you start by defending them saying they did this and did that and then when that did not wash moved to talking about a national culture.

Its very clear you have some sort of association with the National Assembly. Don't know why you deny it. Perhaps because you don't want curses rained on your head too. But you need not worry about that. Your private parts are already assured of being bloated beyond measure.  grin grin
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by supereagle(m): 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2010
Up Sanusi.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Muza(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2010
@ ROSSIKE
u ar a clown,
hw can u so naive,do u think wit ur anus?.

Wether u like it or not Legislooters ar thieves,i dnt care if u a sinator or son of one.
fools hav eyes but they cant see.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by msaalli(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2010
For the benefit of Rosske and everybody, I have gone through the pains of searching for not only the salaries of the federal legislators but also a full list of their "approved" allowances as set by the REVENUE MOBILISATION ALLOCATION AND FISCAL COMMISSION.

FEDERAL LEGISLATURE SALARIES

1. The President of the Senate N993,697.00

2. The speaker, House of Reps N990,844.00

3. The Dep. President of the Senate N923,667.00

4. Dep. Speaker, House of Reps N877,989.00

5. Senator N810,560.00

6. Member House Reps N794,085.00

APPROVED ALLOWANCES FOR POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS (Percentages are based on annual basic salary)

1.  Accommodation 100% All officers of Executive, Judicial and legislative arms except principal officers*

2.  Transportation 350%(loan) As above

3.  Utility 20% As Above

4.  Domestic Staff 75% As Above

5.  Entertainment 10% As Above

6.  Furniture 300% (once in 4 years) As above

7.  PA 25% As Above

8.  SA in kind As Above

9.  Fueling/Maintenance 30% As Above

10. Recess 10% As Above

11. Severance 300% (After Successful Tenure) As Above

12. Leave 10% As Above

13. Hardship 50% As Above

14. Constituency Only Elected Officers: President/VP 250%, Governor/Deputy 200%, Senator 150%, Member50% Chairman 25%, Councilor 5%

15. Medical in Kind As Above

16. Security in kind

Source: http://www.yashuaib.com/rmafc.htm
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by msaalli(m): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
Note that the salaries are monthly salaries. this much was confirmed by Ayogu Eze who said " can assure you that if you are talking about the salary of a senator, I do not see any senator earning above N950, 000 a month."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/20375.html
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Beaf: 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
msaalli:

Note that the salaries are monthly salaries. this much was confirmed by Ayogu Eze who said " can assure you that if you are talking about the salary of a senator, I do not see any senator earning above N950, 000 a month."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/20375.html

It is not the salaries that are the problem. It is the benefits, you can see from the figures you posted, that things like furniture and transportation are more than 3 times the salary of a senator or rep. The math can easily be done for the full list. The result is staggerring and unsustainable.

In places like the UK, you can meet elected top shots on trains, buses or even on bicycles. In Nigeria, they are in the 1st class section of flights and bullet prooof million Dollar SUV's. Yet, they are meant to represent the people. How can they represent us, when such huge wages (for nothing) separate them from us?
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by msaalli(m): 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2010
Beaf:

It is not the salaries that are the problem. It is the benefits, you can see from the figures you posted, that things like furniture and transportation are more than 3 times the salary of a senator or rep. The math can easily be done for the full list. The result is staggerring and unsustainable.

In places like the UK, you can meet elected top shots on trains, buses or even on bicycles. In Nigeria, they are in the 1st class section of flights and bullet prooof million Dollar SUVs. Yet, they are meant to represent the people. How can they represent us, when such huge wages (for nothing) separate them from us?

Yeah I know, I put the clarification since the basic salary is the basis for the calculation of the allowances. Ayogu Eze being clever in half only mentioned the basic salary in his defence of the figure attributed to the National Assembly.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by xspirit(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2010
i think i will assign my time to doing important things rather than watching our senators .they will spoil my day and make me spitful to everybody.if this is not wat we want lets come out in mass and vote and also make sure our votes count
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by jposuagwu: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
Keep quiet everyone. There is so much noise in this house. Why complain now when it was you people that elected those he and she goats. Anyway, a people deserve the kind of leaders they have! The only way to avoid this mess in 2011 is not to sit at home during election but go out there and vote PDP out. Finito.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by sanmori(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
Omisore showed to the world what he would have offered as a govenor in osun state. But thanks to God, that He will not be in Osun state goverment house with the emergence of Aregbesola as the new gov.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
You guys can abuse me all you want, but you know I'm saying the 100% TRUTH. If ''our leaders'' are corrupt, it is because WE are corrupt.

A rotten tree cannot yield perfect fruit.

Let ONE of you get a phone call now saying your brother or uncle has been appointed Vice-President of Nigeria.

Or Senate President.

Or President!

Will you not drop everything you're doing and start to JUBILATE?

(Of course you will. A  full 99.999% of Nigerians, if not 100%, WILL)

You will even arrange THANKSGIVING SERVICE for him.

And buy space in your local paper to offer him ''congratulatory messages''.

What is the celebration, congratulation, and thanksgiving for if not that you think you can use him to manipulate yourself ILLEGALLY into unearned riches? 

Useless Loudmouth, holier-than-thou Loafers.

You're only making noise because YOU are not in a position to enrich yourself, and if you were, YOU WOULD.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2010
roflmao!!! ;d :d ;d :d ;d :d
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobo, you know this is the truth. Why are we deceiving ourselves here? undecided
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2010
I think d question of how much a senator earns in Nigeria is something that should be dealt with in the open. For instance in the US all you need to do to know the salary and allowances of a public servant and political office holder is for one to google on the net and the figure will be there for you to see. Why is it different in Nigeria. Our senators are thieves
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by jason12345: 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2010
ROSSIKE:

You guys can abuse me all you want, but you know I'm saying the 100% TRUTH. If ''our leaders'' are corrupt, it is because [b]WE are corrupt.[/b]

A rotten tree cannot yield perfect fruit.

Let ONE of you get a phone call now saying your brother or uncle has been appointed Vice-President of Nigeria.

Or Senate President.

Or President!

Will you not drop everything you're doing and start to JUBILATE?

(Of course you will. A  full 99.999% of Nigerians, if not 100%, WILL)

You will even arrange THANKSGIVING SERVICE for him.

And buy space in your local paper to offer him ''congratulatory messages''.

What is the celebration and thanksgiving for if not that you think you can use him to manipulate yourself ILLEGALLY into unearned riches? 

Useless Loudmouth, holier-than-thou Loafers.

You're only making noise because YOU are not in a position to enrich yourself, and if you were, YOU WOULD.

@ bolded (only the bold sentences)
you are right!!! do not mind them. hypocrites!!!
infact, thumps up!!! they can insult all they want wink
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2010
And the funny thing is that, after the Thanksgiving service, congratulatory phone calls and messages, and the various visits from in-laws, relatives, village kinsmen etc, when the new appointee finally settles into his job, and then FAILS to satisfy their demands that he make them rich, they'll TURN ON HIM.

Behind his back they'll ABUSE him. They'll call him a fool for NOT taking illegal advantage of his position.

I'm talking 100% from experience here. It's only people who do not know Nigerians that would take these loudmouths here seriously.

The most corrupt of us go to church, fellowship etc etc. I've no idea what they teach you in those places, but it has no impact on your behaviour when someone close to you is appointed to any sort of influential position. You arrange Thanksgiving service, and go to church to thank Jesus for putting you in a position to steal from your countrymen. You don't even THINK about the contradiction/irony. Why? Because even your pastor is a thief. ''Prosperity preaching'' rules the faith. The idea of real love and concern for your fellows is totally absent in your sermons. It's ALL about self-enrichment - the reward for ''praising Jesus'' and being ''born again''.

Rubbish.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by MaiSuya(m): 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
According to [professor Itsay]Sagay, "A senator earns N240 million ($1.7 million) in salaries and allowances while his House of Representatives counterpart earns about N204 million ($1.45 million) per annum". The Law Professor said an American senator earns $174, 000 while a UK parliamentarian earns about $102,000 per annum. A former member of the House of Representatives, Prof. Sola Adeyeye, had in February last year also alleged that estacodes of Nigerian lawmakers were among the highest – if not the highest – in the world. As a member of the House of Representatives, he was entitled to an estacode of $500 per day, while that of his colleagues in South Africa and Ghana was $80 and $60, respectively.

these are the real figures. all that wan wey senator Eze dey talk na film trick.

950k/ month? i laff in kanuri
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by adaphik(f): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
macdaddy:

@Rossike
your comments really irritates me and if i set my eyes on you right now i can give you a resounding dirty slap.
Your jaundiced mind does not know that once you decide to run for public office you are under public scrutiny all the time.They were voted for to represent the people and not their pockets.if you want to live a quiet life dont run for any public office.it is not by force to serve nigeria. angry angry
omo ale

Thank uuuuu.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by revomind(m): 12:01am On Dec 02, 2010
ROSSIKE, you have a good point there. I was in church last sunday when after a moving and truly spiritually sermon, the pastor gave someone's testimony to the church. The person was recently appointed as 'special adviser' to someone. The church became very excited with sounds of 'whoop!' coming from here and there. There were other testimonies shared but those ones elicited moderate responses from the congregation. I think you have addressed why it is the political appointment people were excited about.

However, I think you have missed the point of the initial responses to this situation. You cannot reasonably advocate for the preservation of the status quo by asserting that majority of us are promoters of this corrupt and selfish attitude of the lawmakers. One poster made a point that we need to review the system and put in place laws and policies that would safeguard fairness and remove the affairs of public office holders as far away as possible from the whims and caprices of individuals. I believe this point was made with knowledge of the fact that man is inherently selfish and prone to want to exploit advantages he has over another. This is why civilised people submit themselves and their affairs to be handled by a system; the state and its laws. The senator earns too much regardless if I would put out adverts if my father or uncle is elected as one. That is not what matters here, what matters is that the situation is a wasteful one and is well capable of frustrating any effort to get the economy up and doing.
Its scandalous that a senator takes home so much money per month when the minimum wage is 18k no matter how you look at it.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by suxes2006(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2010
serious
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by violent(m): 12:18am On Dec 02, 2010
who the f[i]u[/i]ck is Rossike? what makes him/her think he/she's got monopoly on being an [i]i[/i]diot?

It disgust me that some m[i]o[/i]ron could actually talk in such jargon language

Are those Sentors not Nigerian you say? what f[i]u[/i]cking right in your fickle mind do you think they've got to earn over 24 million a month while a teacher earns 18,000?. . .i think the lot of them should be shot for bleeding the nation dry. . . along with daft individuals like you of course!
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by TippyTop(m): 1:29am On Dec 02, 2010
Rossiki is right ja re.
Go to Oghara and tell anyone there Ibori was corrupt and come back here (if you make it) to narrate your tales.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 02, 2010
revomind said:

ROSSIKE, you have a good point there. I was in church last sunday when after a moving and truly spiritually sermon, the pastor gave someone's testimony to the church. The person was recently appointed as 'special adviser' to someone. The church became very excited with sounds of 'whoop!' coming from here and there. There were other testimonies shared but those ones elicited moderate responses from the congregation. I think you have addressed why it is the political appointment people were excited about.

However, I think you have missed the point of the initial responses to this situation. You cannot reasonably advocate for the preservation of the status quo by asserting that majority of us are promoters of this corrupt and selfish attitude of the lawmakers. One poster made a point that WE need to review the system and put in place laws and policies that would safeguard fairness and remove the affairs of public office holders as far away as possible from the whims and caprices of individuals. I believe this point was made with knowledge of the fact that man is inherently selfish and prone to want to exploit advantages he has over another. This is why civilised people submit themselves and their affairs to be handled by a system; the state and its laws. The senator earns too much regardless if I would put out adverts if my father or uncle is elected as one. That is not what matters here, what matters is that the situation is a wasteful one and is well capable of frustrating any effort to get the economy up and doing.
Its scandalous that a senator takes home so much money per month when the minimum wage is 18k no matter how you look at it.

You guys make me laugh. We're just going round in circles here.

I am telling you that the reason those salaries are so high is that those senators and reps, in  fact anyone in a position of authority in Nigeria is UNDER HEAVY FINANCIAL AND MORAL PRESSURE from family, friends, kinsmen, political godfathers etc etc, more so than any other place ON EARTH.

WHO THEN WILL ACT TO REDUCE THOSE SALARIES?

Who is the ''we'' in your post above?

That person you think should act is himself under even GREATER pressure than the senators and reps to make it big!

So who will bell the cat?

You yourself cannot do it if YOU got to power.

Nobody likes to be seen as a fool by his people. Nobody here will serve as a senator or VP and expect to be seen afterwards driving a 1991 Tokunbo Hyundai and living in a 2 bedroom in Ketu or Orile.

You would expect (and be expected) to be able to reside in VI, Abuja, GRA, VGC, and so on, failing which your own wife, even your children, will regard you as a complete waste of space, maybe even abandon you altogether to your sufferhead existence. Your people will blame it on a curse someone placed on you.

Until we learn to face facts and decide on how we as a people look at life, we will be here in 20 years still abusing ''our leaders'' for merely reflecting us.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Boboribo: 3:58am On Dec 02, 2010
You guys make me laugh. We're just going round in circles here.

I am telling you that the reason those salaries are so high is that those senators and reps, in fact anyone in a position of authority in Nigeria is UNDER HEAVY FINANCIAL AND MORAL PRESSURE from family, friends, kinsmen, political godfathers etc etc, more so than any other place ON EARTH.

WHO THEN WILL ACT TO REDUCE THOSE SALARIES?

Who is the ''we'' in your post above?

That person you think should act is himself under even GREATER pressure than the senators and reps to make it big!

So who will bell the cat?

You yourself cannot do it if YOU got to power.

Nobody likes to be seen as a fool by his people. Nobody here will serve as a senator or VP and expect to be seen afterwards driving a 1991 Tokunbo Hyundai and living in a 2 bedroom in Ketu or Orile.

You would expect (and be expected) to be able to reside in VI, Abuja, GRA, VGC, and so on, failing which your own wife, even your children, will regard you as a complete waste of space, maybe even abandon you altogether to your sufferhead existence. Your people will blame it on a curse someone placed on you.

Until we learn to face facts and decide on how we as a people look at life, we will be here in 20 years still abusing ''our leaders'' for merely reflecting us.

Truth has always been bitter
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by TewMuch: 4:07am On Dec 02, 2010
I think the senators should be scrapped and 2 leaders from each state house of assembly be elected to sit in on legislative issues.This will cut out a lot of expenditure.This system of government is simply too expensive for a country like Nigeria.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by leonaidas(m): 4:35am On Dec 02, 2010
I think d senators deserve d money dey receive considering d hazardous nature of their work, dey culd get hit by a stray chair at any time, lol
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by Harbb: 4:59am On Dec 02, 2010
How can an acclaimed CBN governor be quoting the budget guy under a financial statistical analysis whereby his office was expected to be the prime kingpin on this subject matter. kingpin on this very subject matter.

Mallam! Mallam!! Mallam!!!, how many time have i called you, as you spelling of your name remainth unchanged either from left or right, thats how the level of your uninformed, illiteracy, clownism and incompetence in the office will never seize surprising me.

Why display foolish sentiment here?
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by rhymz(m): 6:15am On Dec 02, 2010
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Basic Salary - N2, 484, 245.5.
Hardship Allowance @ 50% of
Basic Salary - N1,242,122.70 (I
love this kind of hardship)
Constituency allowance @ 200%
of BS - N4,968,509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of
BS - N7,452,736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% -
N1,242,122.70 (Which kind
newspaper be this shey na
online or hard copy?).
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% -
N621,061.37
Recess Allowance@ 10%: -
N248,424.55
Accommodation @ 200% -
N4,968,509.00.
Utilities @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Domestic Staff @ 35% -
N863,184.12.
Entertainment @ 30% -
N828,081.83.
Personal Assistance @ 25% -
N621,061.37.
Vehicle
Maintenance Allowance @ 75% -
N1,863,184.12.
Leave Allowance @10% -
N248,424.55.
One off payments (As advised by
SagamiteSeverance gratuity) @
300% - N7,452,736.50 (Once they
get fired.)
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400%
of BS - N9,936,982.00 -
Every Four Years Senators Salary
per month. - N2,456,647.7 Total =
N29, 479, 749.00
* 109 Senators Grand Total = N
A feeding frenzy!!! ENOUGH IS
ENOUGH Salary
U.S. President: $250,000/yr.
GDP U.S. Economy: $13Trillion/yr.
Allowance Nig. Senator: $
1,500,000/yr
GDP Nig. Economy: $45 Billion/
yr.
And they want more.
Doctors, teachers, civil servants
can't boast of N1m a year and
these guys want N30m every
month
SAY NO TO THIS OPEN LOOTING OF
NIGERIA.
Re: Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? by mata1ng(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2010
imagine senator Iyiola Omisore telling Sanusi that he did not only embarrassed the senator but the entire Nigerian all these our shameless leaders sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Defection: PDP To INEC, Declare Dariye’s Seat Vacant / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges / Magu: "Every Government Official Is Under Investigation Without Them Knowing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.