Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account (3881 Views)

Nobody Can Force Me Out Of Nigeria – Peter Obi Fires Back At Fani-kayode, Others / Sunday Igboho: Unfreeze My Bank Accounts Or Serious Protests In South-West / The New Tin Can Park Where All The Trucks And Trailers At Apapa Will Use (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2019
It is no surprise from the 2nd of January if you do not have a tin number you will not be able to operate your bank account. A lot of people are withdrawing their money from the account. So I went to the GTB bank in my area and withdraw my money my account is now empty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2019
I do not have a tin number because I am unemployed also I do not want to surrender my savings account to the tax office. So that the tax office can be interrogating me the money which is going into my account where is it coming from. This morning I took a trip to the GTB bank in my area and withdrawn all my money in my account. So from the 2nd of January if the law is passed they can keep my account because there is no money inside. It is not fear that I am unemployed and on a savings account and I surrender my rights to the tax office

2 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by hisexcellency34: 10:34am On Dec 30, 2019
That TIN is a scam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2019
Millions Of Nigerians Will Not Have Access To Their Bank Accounts From January 2020 (Here Is Why)

https://www..ng/news/millions-of-nigerians-will-not-have-access-to-their-bank-accounts-from-january-2020-here-is-why

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by modsfucker: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:
That TIN is a scam

Don't worry when you lose your money in your bank account we shall see what is a scam and what is not. From 2nd of January no TIN no accounts

2 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
It is no surprise from the 2nd of January if you do not have a tin number you will not be able to operate your bank account. A lot of people are withdrawing their money from the account. So I went to the GTB bank in my area and withdraw my money my account is now empty.

The Finance Bill 2019 when signed into law will not fully take effect from January 1, 2020, Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, has said.

The minister said at the presentation of the details of the 2020 budget on Thursday in Abuja that the approved legislation by the National Assembly was expected to be sent to President Muhammadu Buhari for final assent before the end of the week

The bill is a draft legislation by the government to remove the deficiencies in primary tax legislation by amending obsolete and contentious laws.

The bill seeks to promote fiscal equity, align domestic laws with global best practices, support micro, small and medium-sized businesses, boost government revenue and investment/capital market through the introduction of incentives.

The minister said although efforts were being made to fast-track the release of the new law to further redefine government business, until that is done, the measures government is taking will remain just plans for now.

“We (government) are confident that within this week, the president will have the bill from the National Assembly. Normally he will ask various ministries to comment before he gives the final assent, before the government starts the work from January 2020,” she said.

“I am not saying the Finance Bill will take effect from January 1, because I have seen in the media reports that from January 1, 2020, people without TIN (tax identification number) will not be allowed to operate their accounts with the banks. It does not work like that.

“For the bill to come into effect, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) will have to engage the commercial banks and work out a modality on how the new law will be implemented.

Normally, there will be information that will be given to citizens, a reminder on how bank customers can get their TIN, which is a simple issue of visiting the FIRS website and register to get their TIN.

“There will be some time to be given for that process to be activated before any decision to stop the use of any account is taken,” the minister said

SOURCE: PREMIUM TIMES

2 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GamalNasser: 11:32am On Dec 30, 2019
Please remove all your money from GTB and bring it to UBA
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GEJDHERO: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2019
What of persons that have 2 or more accounts? Are they gonna obtain different TIN number for each of the accounts.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2019
Please note that FIRS have extended the TIN NUMBER deadline to 2nd of February 2020.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by scribble: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2019
GamalNasser:

Is UBA not requesting TIN?

My advice is lets us all remove our money from the banks

3 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by BuhariAdvocate: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
I know this will not happen.

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nigeria government have no where to steal from any more hence they facing the citizens, what sort of nonsense is this , Now we re calling someone a fool for calling for a protest, Who is the fool here now.

5 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
AsabaPropertyAg:
Please note that FIRS have extended the TIN NUMBER deadline to 2nd of February 2020.

We need proof. Because we are hearing too many stories. It looks like the minister of finance comes every day with a different story. I think it is better you keep your money under your pillow or change it it to US dollar because the government is desperately looking for money to chop

6 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
scribble:

It time to go to the old ways before banks were created. Nobody is safe again in Nigeria 30 billion u s Dollar must come form somebody's account which the government wants to borrow. Please this is not money ritual this is reality

Calabash Money Box

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GEJDHERO: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
scribble:

And put it Where.

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Flier: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
I think we all need to withdraw all our money to really make our voice heard
The worse is this policy won’t affect the north because the North are not even using BVN
Lot of traders has suppliers money in their account with there profit less than 2% of the said money

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by scribble: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
GEJDHERO:
And put it Where.

Sounds like you have alterior motives
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GEJDHERO: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
scribble:

Sounds like you have alterior motives
I was asking a question.If you remove your money from a bank where wud you put it?

2 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
GEJDHERO:
I was asking a question.If you remove your money from a bank where wud you put it?

You can buy foreign currency with it the pound is strengthening versus the naira. The banks these days do not give interest anyway. Change it to Forex and keep the money at home safe
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Mrexcell(m): 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I even visited the tin site but I couldn't register successfully their website isn't working properly the only page I saw there for registration is only for cooperate bodies no area for individuals to register.

2 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mrexcell:

I even visited the tin site but I couldn't register successfully their website isn't working properly the only page I saw there for registration is only for cooperate bodies no area for individuals to register.

Is the same thing at the internal Revenue the registration for individuals had been down since beginning of 2019. I tell you somebody wants to chop people's money inside the bank. This is all the work of politicians

5 Likes

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by scribble: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
GEJDHERO:

In dollar
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Nickshrapnel: 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Did CBN considered students who live far from home and need a bank account, they obviously won’t need TIN right? So how will they operate their bank accounts come 2020?

This country sha!

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GEJDHERO: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
scribble:

In dollar
hmm and then put it under pillow
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by tbabs10166(m): 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
GamalNasser:
it seems u work with uba, kindly link me up to get a job with them smiley

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Odunolumide(m): 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
How do we get the TIN pls?
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
Starting it on the 1st of January is not wise cause alot of people needs to resume work and start the processing!!!

It will be better if it's postponed to March, at least it will give people an ample of time to get it with ease.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Smart guy.

Dem no dey tell hungry man that throat is calling him fireword.

Many people are still joking with the killer policies of this junkerty regime. Until 2nd of January their eyes will be like, " Had I known ".
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by dnawah(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
another job opportunity for Nigerians.please if u don't have,put ur money in my account, instead of loosing it.or I can open an account for u in my name at a price and agreement.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
dnawah:
another job opportunity for Nigerians.please if u don't have,put ur money in my account, instead of loosing it.or I can open an account for u in my name at a price and agreement.

Two wrongs does not make a right . Moving my money for one person which ones to chop it and giving it to another person which wants to chop it does not make sense let me keep it by myself.

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Starting it on the 1st of January is not wise cause alot of people needs to resume work and start the processing!!!

It will be better if it's postponed to March, at least it will give people an ample of time to get it with ease.

One government official who wants to chop your money in the bank on 2nd of January and you are now telling him to postpone the date too March so he can chop your money it cannot be possible. He needs the money as soon as possible

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Saved Yinka Odumakin's Life / Niger State NDLEA To Go After Drug Peddlers Before 2023 Elections / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Refuse To Congratulate Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.