Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God (1523 Views)

Forget Personal Beliefs And Sentiments, Let Us Discuss The Existence Of God / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2020
DirtyGold:

It does!
Sometime ago, Joe was two years old, he couldn't drive a truck, true
Same Joe is now 20 years old, he can drive a truck, true

Many years ago, malaria had no cure, true!
Today, malaria has cure, true!

Conversely, man had need for food and water 5,000 years ago, true
Today and in the next 10,000 years man still and will still have need for food and water, true

So, what are you talking about?

If a fairytale was written 2000 years ago, the time passed will not make it real, it remains a fairytale. That something was written in an ancient book does not automatically tell us that it is true.

He made it with the substances and materials we can see, name, touch and evaluate today. Might I remind you that there are still a lot man hasn't figured out yet? Because we can define and even categorize elements and phenomenons today doesn't mean they weren't created to specificity and purposefully (by the Almighty, All Wise God) - they didnt just come to being just like that.

And who said they came into being just like that? Or that they came from nothing?

If you cannot create anything out of nothing (scientific fact!), I cannot understand why everything you can see in our material world and in space doesn't serve as enough evidence that they were created by a Supreme Being - God!

Again who said anything came from nothing?

It cannot serve as evidence because that's not how evidence works. If a person you've never seen before comes claiming his dad is the owner of your house and you should leave, then when you ask for evidence to support his claim, he says the building exists therefore his father built it. Will you not think such a person is mentally handicapped?

That you have explanations doesnt justify anything, it only shows how incredible our brains are in observing and making deductions.
It is cheeky to say systems work without needing God... I mean, they were designed to work like that!
If you put water on fire long enough, it will come to a boil and if you leave it on the fire, it will evaporate... no brainer - stone-age knowledge!
We have been armed with functional brains to figure out some of these things and operate them which doesn't take away the fact that God designed it to be like that.
Scientists have observed (and explained using the gravity theory) that "space particles" approaching earth goes around it rather than directly into it - That is some plausible explanation but the real question is, who designed it to be like that?

The explanations show how the universe works without the need to insert a god figure. A god figure explains nothing and provides no predictive basis upon which to base any reasonable expectations.

There is no evidence of a who. We have never seen disembodied minds so there is no reason to believe a mind can exist without a body so why would expect to see encounter a mind that is some anomalous quantity in space?

Proves my point! The device didnt invent itself, someone did!
It works as long as it is powered on (and not faulty) because it was designed to be so. Whether I use it or not, some background processes will continue to run and I can choose to stop some - because it was engineered to be smart like that! And what is more, if I don't give it certain input, the device will never bring out specific output... just like how we are on earth.

The device doesn't need God to operate will make sense on a shallow level.
Think deeper about it, which part of that device was not made from items and elements found on earth? Even the brain and ideas behind it comes from the brain - a physical matter... God's creation!

The device was made by men and we can observe them making those devices. This is how we know what is designed and what is not. Have you observed any god of any kind creating anything?

I was asking you a question using my own word; like magic.

Magic is fantasy so I don't know why you bring it up.

Yes what? which part of my quoted post are you yes-ing to?

Every part.
Re: Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God by budaatum: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
DirtyGold:

Does not change my definition or use of the term here. If anything else, your thread further proves my point - man going through a process of changing form to becoming what he is today. The evolution in that thread talks nothing about the accumulation of knowledge but rather, adaptation by natural selection. Different things!
Seems you are only aware of ape to man evolution, and not of the evolution of ideas and thought or that of the simple Mercedes Benz, or even that of God in the Bible evolving from wrathful vengeful Yahweh to gentle meek forgiving Jesus.

One finds this attitude in those who's minds refuse to evolve, and all evidence does suggest that those fitter than them thrive while they themselves don't.
Re: Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God by budaatum: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
DirtyGold:

Do you even understand what you just quoted?
Let me help you, you cannot see God but, He is pleased with you being your brothers keeper.
It doesn't mean you should only seek to please man or that God does not have His place in your life though you cannot see Him.
You should speak for yourself, or ask what I see instead of claiming you see what I see. But I guess you did say you had no interest in others opinions, so I doubt you'd be concerned if God is pleased with one or not.
Re: Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God by budaatum: 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
DirtyGold:

Taking on the evolution theory itself, who has a copy/evidence of the first cell that split to become two and so forth? Just speculative theory I suppose?
One could say it is "speculative theory" indeed, but one who has learnt about it would at least be in a position to engage with the evidence presented for it, which your limited knowledge shows you clearly haven't.

DirtyGold:
It is scientific law that you cannot create something out of nothing, so, where did the first cell come from?
Have you ever wondered what is then meant by "God said and it was"? Seems God isn't limited by what "scientific law" says, but more amusing is how you quote "scientific law" but disregard the theories they evolved from and into.

DirtyGold:
And that is for the human side, how about the animals? they also came from the same one cell?

How about the plants, also from the same cell?
How about earth, other planets? how did they form? or they also split from the same "cell"?
Yes, they did. I would tell you how, but I fear you might not be capable of comprehending Adam and Eve were "one cell".

DirtyGold:
And to the bollocks of natural selection, how come in the sea for instance, there are all sizes, shapes and persona to the creatures in there? I mean, they all live in the same ecosystem and if evolution is true, a lot of these creatures shouldn't exist today - dont you think?
They are also living organisms afterall... or are they immune to evolution?
You need to learn more about that which you speak of. Its the only way to clean your Gold.
Re: Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God by budaatum: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

And who said they came into being just like that? Or that they came from nothing?

Again who said anything came from nothing?
DirtyGold did, my Lord.

God came from nothing, just like that.

2 Likes

Re: Rethinking Atheism: Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
budaatum:

DirtyGold did, my Lord.

God came from nothing, just like that.

Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Spiritual Warfare Confession / Pastor Adetoyese Of Blood Of Jesus Ministry California In intimate Scandal / The Violent Take It By Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.