Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,013 members, 7,953,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? (5334 Views)

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / Marijuana In The Holy Anointing Oil As Described In Exodus 30:23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by VALIDATOR: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2010
Image123:

I wasn't going to answer this because you've not said anything, but i changed my decision. I said 'people have tried to remove or add to SCRIPTURES and it's just impossible'. Then you come up with a link. Did you read your link talking about EARLIER manuscripts. Anyone knows words can be erased, torn eroded from an earlier material than a later. Or you don't think it possible? And most importantly, there's nothing 'added' that was not in the earlier manuscript. Your link talks of 1Chronicles, did you read that? Or that's not the Word of God?
It's just like the Mark 16 passage where some claim that it was 'added'. Is there any new thing there that's not in other parts of scriptures? Are they not as equally inspired and renewing/God breathed as other scriptures? When we talk of no add/subtract, we're not really referring to tearing away a page from your personal Bible, or the back pages eating up due to age, or marring with ink, or writing some notes in your Bible. ONLY BELIEVE, those are the words of Jesus, and no one, nasa, nccf, Nepa, UN, pdp, fifa, no body can add to or remove from it.
It would have been better for you not to answer than you typing all what you just did.I believe you are smart.Please stop pretending to be otherwise.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2010
InesQor:
We don't need to know how he looks when we see him to know Him, anymore than we need to see God before we [i]believe [/i]in Him.
Then, you all are leaving yourselves wide open as fair games for mass deception(i mean, you're all already living in a mass deception as it is now ), and boy, are you all going to get it. The truth is, you will believe whomever is put before you, because the people who are going to mastermind this deception know you all like the back of their hands. They know exactly how to turn you on religiously. They have your mental remote control, your mental switch, or as Nigerians say, your mumu button. Heck, they've been doing that for many centuries now so they are adepts at mass deception.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by ellagold(m): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
Jesus IS LORD,NO MAN CAN COME TO HIM,NOR NO HIM EXCEPT BY HAVING FAITH which comes by hearing the word with an open heart. God bless you all
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Then, you all are leaving yourselves wide open as fair games for mass deception(i mean, you're all already living in a mass deception as it is now ), and boy, are you all going to get it. The truth is, you will believe whomever is put before you, because the people who are going to mastermind this deception know you all like the back of their hands. They know exactly how to turn you on religiously. They have your mental remote control, your mental switch, or as Nigerians say, your mumu button. Heck, they've been doing that for many centuries now so they are adepts at mass deception.
You're free to show up as Jesus tomorrow then, let's see mass deception
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Image123(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
VALIDATOR:

It would have been better for you not to answer than you typing all what you just did.I believe you are smart.Please stop pretending to be otherwise.
I'd rather you believe in God than believe i am smart. I guess an agreement with you qualifies me for the prestigious smart status right?
Why would one vehemently claim that a passage from 1Chronicles was 'added' to a passage in Matthew? What's the bigdeal about that? Again, what erases the possibility that the 'earlier manuscript' did originally have that phrase before wear and tear? What's the new thing, revelation or doctrine that was 'added' in that passage or others?
I'll say it again for good measure. Heaven and earth may pass away, but not one tittle will be added to or removed from the Word.
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:34am On Dec 11, 2010
As a matter of fact i would, if i were into mass deception. But i am not, unfortunately.
Image123:

You're free to show up as Jesus tomorrow then, let's see mass deception
Re: Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible? by VALIDATOR: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2010
Image123:

I'd rather you believe in God than believe i am smart. I guess an agreement with you qualifies me for the prestigious smart status right?
Why would one vehemently claim that a passage from 1Chronicles was 'added' to a passage in Matthew? What's the bigdeal about that? Again, what erases the possibility that the 'earlier manuscript' did originally have that phrase before wear and tear? What's the new thing, revelation or doctrine that was 'added' in that passage or others?
I'll say it again for good measure. Heaven and earth may pass away, but not one tittle will be added to or removed from the Word.

OK Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video - Who Inherits The Earth? - Contradiction in JW Doctrine / Calvary Greetings. / Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.