Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] (31487 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by Zikkyy(m): 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2010
Joagbaje:

There are times of challenges and one just need to sow a seed for a miracle. 

Oga Jo, miracle is free, you dont need to pay the Almighty for it.

Joagbaje:

There are seeds and givings that provokes the anointing.

For example , Isaac wanted to bless his son Isaac/jacob . He had to make him come and give him food first to provoke the anointing. He was an anointed man. This is not just a father / son affair. He was dealing with him by the spirit.

You just have to attribute everything to giving, because you must receive. I wonder why Jacob did not ask for food before blessing Joseph, and his sons, Ephraim & Manasseh. Abi Jacob was not an anointed man. The anointing will not be provoked because Joseph did not cook for Jacob abi?

Joagbaje:

Another case was when Elijah was sent to a widow, but the widow was so broke and had only her last meal before death. Elijah commanded her to bring him food first. Why? The anointing. And when she obeyed, the anointing sustained her and them. If she had not sown the food, she would have died .

Are you sure? The way I see it, there was already a plan in place for the widow to take care of Elijah all through the period of famine. Yes, she might have died if God had not used her for the purpose, but not because the she gave Elijah food first.

1 Kings 17:7-9 (NIV)
7 Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land. 8 Then the word of the LORD came to him: 9 “Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.”

Joagbaje:

Just like the case of the barren shunamite woman that persuaded her husband to give elisha accommodation. He blessed her and she conceived . But the secrete was the fact that she recognise the anointing upon him. She received him as a prophet and not a beggar. 

The part highlighted is so so wrong  angry

Yes maybe she recognized him as a man of God, but due to your desire/lust for money, you missed the good part; she did not ask for anything in return. It was never an attempt to provoke the anointing for personal gains. Those are the people that easily receives blessing from the God.

Joagbaje:

11 One day he came there and stopped and went to the room upstairs to lie down. 12 He ordered his attendant Gehazi, “Call this Shunammite woman. ” So he called her and she stood before him.
13 Then he said to Gehazi, “Say to her, ‘Look, you’ve gone to all this trouble for us. What can we do for you? . . . . .Gehazi answered, “Well, she has no son, and her husband is old. ” . . . . 16 Elisha said, “At this time next year you will have a son in your arms. ”. . . . 17 The woman conceived and gave birth to a son at the same time the following year, as Elisha had promised her.

As usual you only quote the part of the scripture that seems to align with your position. That’s how you deceive the congregation, they never get to hear the fully story. You deliberately skipped some bit of verse 13 & 14. Don’t worry, I will fill in the gap on your behalf. You don’t need to thank me.

Joagbaje:

11 One day he came there and stopped and went to the room upstairs to lie down. 12 He ordered his attendant Gehazi, “Call this Shunammite woman. ” So he called her and she stood before him.
13 Then he said to Gehazi, “Say to her, ‘Look, you’ve gone to all this trouble for us. What can we do for you? , Can we speak on your behalf to the king or the commander of the army? She replied, “I have a home among my own people.” 14 “What can be done for her?” Elisha asked. (NIV)
. . . . .Gehazi answered, “Well, she has no son, and her husband is old. ” . . . . 16 Elisha said, “At this time next year you will have a son in your arms. ”. . . . 17 The woman conceived and gave birth to a son at the same time the following year, as Elisha had promised her.

AS you can see, the woman insists she had no problem. It took the intervention of his servant Gehazi to identify the woman’s problem.
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by Enigma(m): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2010
^^^ Very good post/analysis.

Zikkyy:

As usual you only quote the part of the scripture that seems to align with your position. That’s how you deceive the congregation, they never get to hear the fully story. You deliberately skipped some bit of verse 13 & 14.

I like this bit that I've quoted particularly because this is indeed what they do: take a bit of scripture/scriptural truth and stretch and misapply it all with the purpose of deceiving the congregation to line their own pockets and fill their own bellies. The case of Joagbaje particularly saddens me because initially I used to think he was honestly mistaken but it has become increasingly clear (at least to me) that he is a deceiver too.
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by nuclearboy(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2010
@Enigma: The congregation (except for a very few) do NOT want to hear truth. What they want is superglue - a fast fix. The wolves capitalize on that desire to get things the easy way and twist to please. They are victims of greed playing to a willing gallery.

You thought he was honest? Bro, I'm laughing here - do you know who Jo is and his responsibilities at CE vis the Internet? A foundation built on lies and manipulation plus what he stands to lose financially is TO HIM, too much. He has no recourse but to earn his pay, truth be damned. He knows the truth and don't ever doubt it. But we're on Nairaland and there are rules on disclosure.
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by Enigma(m): 8:50am On Dec 07, 2010
@ Nuke 

I certainly agree about the role and complicity of the congregation in their own being fooled and fleeced by the men/women of dog parading as men/women of some god (Men/Women of the true God do not fleece the congregation)! People do like to be deceived; they want to hear "all is well", "this is your year of open heavens", "the wealth of the wicked is laid up for you",  and thus ready for the sucker punch ------ "you will be mightily blessed - as long as you pay your tithes and sow into the life of the man/woman of dog".  In this respect, I always feel sorry for the illiterate and the unlearned, I can somewhat excuse them; it is more difficult to excuse the supposedly educated . . . .

Re Joagbaje: when I started engaging his posts, I honestly thought he was genuinely mistaken and was wrongly passionate about something he truly believed; in fact some of his posts were the cause of me posting in this section again (I had largely kept away for a considerable time); while I really do not know of Joagbaje's Internet responsibilitis at CE, it has been clear to me for some time that he and a number of other posters are working together on Nairaland (some times even using the same laptop --- they got caught once) whilst pretending to be making independent posts.
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by nuclearboy(m): 9:01am On Dec 07, 2010
Which was why I researched him - I too wondered. My findings disgusted me and the little I showed obviously scared them.

I wonder if people truly know what a desire for truth mixed with professional web knowledge can unearth
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by Enigma(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2010
I understand, actually  smiley

One day go be one day

Every day for the thief . . .

Above all, in the Lord's day  . . . . . . . .
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by nuclearboy(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2010
Perfect. You got me

They forget Pharaoh was NOT allowed to repent. The reason is clear if you wish to know truth. The end of such is usually their worst nightmare come to life
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by inedi: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2010
you can sow into you pastor in different form in kind or cash, and it is a spiritual thing. why i say it is spiritual is this, one of the things we christains have not really understood about the body of christ is that life it self is spiritual and the bible says, now am parafrasing that what ever you want to do, do it like onto the lord, the bible also said. he that will give to a profet in the name of a profet, he shall have a profet reward. so there is benefit in it. you can understand from the word sow, is a seed and when you plant it will grow, the bible also said whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap. thank you.
Re: How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] by VivianSA: 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2010
I am still reading up on the scriptures provided by Joagbaje on this issue.I'm sure by tomorrow I will have my own take on this.

One thing though that I am learning is that giving to God and in the church is a ministry on its own to God and like any other ministry you are carrying out to God you need to be guided by the Holy Spirit through the word of God.Because by giving you are ministering to God.Which is why I think its NB to know and understand how to do that without deviating from Gods word and being distracted due to man's perspective.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman And Wife Celebrate 15th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Flooding Has Been Swallowed Up, Prophet Shola Says After Meeting Governor Douye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.