Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa (58395 Views)

Omah Lay Arrested In Uganda For Violating COVID-19 Protocols / Harrysong: I Need A Wife From Uganda, Kenya Or Tanzania, I Must Marry In 2020 / Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by otipoju(m): 8:01am On Jan 01, 2020
They are paying South Africans back in their own coin. Its nothing personal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by danot1030: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2020
If this happens in Nigeria some children of hate will abuse Buhari for deporting such a personality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by kolaaderin: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

She is more than an icon as far as Africa is concerned but I don't expect the indomie generations to relate with that.

She once ruled Africa and Nigerians rocked her song's for so many years.
well that does not rule out the due process. Law is to be applied she knows better, no one will denial her working visa if she applied.
A serious country is just keeping their law.

That been said, I doubt Cardi B was give a working visa to perform in this our lawless country, she came and made away a million dollar just like that.

5 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 01, 2020
backtalkG:
Nigeria immigration only knows how to confiscate rice

grin grin grin grin grin grin
My very first good laugh in 2020
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:
Chaka Chaka is an icon now! grin

Of course not everywhere is Nigeria.

In Nigeria she probably would've breezed through with people hailing her and asking do selfies and autographs.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by uuzba(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

Does Nigeria even have a working Visa and if it does, is it even enforced by immigration services?
Do people have work in Nigeria before you talk about working visa?
No be hustle all of us dey hustle for here?
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Eeser: 8:10am On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

Does Nigeria even have a working Visa and if it does, is it even enforced by immigration services?
to answer your question. Yes. Nigeria has a working visa.
And to break it to you, Ours is one of the most difficult working visa to get. I am with people that need these visas to work.

3 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by micmond: 8:10am On Jan 01, 2020
Chaka Chaka deserve more respect and shouldn't have to go through those embarrassing moments. The Event team of both sides should be held accountable for bringing the Legendary musician to Uganda without proper documentation.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Peterosky(m): 8:11am On Jan 01, 2020
Young boys are many, looking for more chicks. The song carry weight no be small. ;DYoung boys are many, looking for more chicks. The song carry weight no be small.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by VAQAXY: 8:13am On Jan 01, 2020
Chaka Chaka shook the foundation of Africa in the eighties with her epic songs. We rocked it in birthdays as kids back then. cool

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 01, 2020
Eeser:

to answer your question. Yes. Nigeria has a working visa.
And to break it to you, Ours is one of the most difficult working visa to get. I am with people that need these visas to work.

That's a new knowledge to me and thanks for sharing.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by imanray37(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2020
The first karmic law says do unto others what you want to be done to you ���xynophobia and its consequences why should it be a legendary person like Yvonne Chaka Chaka Abu she no carry nnkomboti go?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by kiyosaki1(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2020
Chaka was actually deported for supporting a Uganda government opposition, comparing his persecution to that of Mandela .
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Neddyogu(m): 8:16am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

Very, very true. I don't expect that from Uganda.

Laws are meant to be obeyed. She's not above the law. Chaka Chaka should have known better.

3 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Skillsnigeria: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2020
grin
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Neddyogu(m): 8:17am On Jan 01, 2020
imanray37:
The first karmic law says do unto others what you want to be done to you ���xynophobia and its consequences why should it be a legendary person like Yvonne Chaka Chaka Abu she no carry nnkomboti go?
Shey she for carry small umkuquobothi go there for those Kampala boys
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 01, 2020
VAQAXY:
Chaka Chaka shook the foundation of Africa in the eighties with her epic songs. We rocked it in birthdays as kids back then. cool

You rocked her songs with your baggy trousers right grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by broswilli: 8:23am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:
Chaka Chaka is an icon now! grin

She is an Icon I remember as a boy how my elder ones went into frenzy hustling for money to go for Chaka Chaka's show when she came to Port-Harcourt. The show was filled to the brim, so i heard.
She was something else, she was phenomenal

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:23am On Jan 01, 2020
you see small Uganda following due processs and abiding by its law....if its here in Nigeria, our immigration would hv been intimidated by her legendary posture by collecting small "egunje" and let her stay...or she for call one politician to allow her stay......lets make Nigeria better again this 2020!
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Charmingrascal(m): 8:24am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

Very, very true. I don't expect that from Uganda.
So because she is an icon she shouldn't follow due process.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by chidooh1: 8:26am On Jan 01, 2020
I thought is only animals that attract people to Uganda
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by WildChild00(m): 8:30am On Jan 01, 2020
DrTee1:
It is alleged that Chaka Chaka's visa was actually cancelled because "according to other media sources the deportation took place because Yvonne publicly supported opposition leader Bobi Wine."

https://m.channel24.co.za/Music/News/yvonne-chaka-chaka-deported-from-uganda-ahead-of-scheduled-performance-20191231

Open your own thread, traffic blogger

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:30am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

But I believe ingenuously that you have superior ideas in this exchange. I sincerely do and let me also commend your very good writing skills and your gentlemanly disposition in the exchange. You are a great guy. Keep it up!
this is certainly how nairalanders should engage i respect the both of you immensely

3 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Goldencheese(m): 8:31am On Jan 01, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
this is certainly how nairalanders should engage i respect the both of you immensely

Thanks. It is good to be civil. Why cuss people for differing in their opinions from you? No need.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by saajus: 8:41am On Jan 01, 2020
She's a legend, I appreciate her good work but she has to obey the law of the land

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by mormoney85(m): 8:41am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

OK. I give up. You win.
no he didn't u jst gave up she came with a visiting Visa and they deported her even when the Visa hasn't expired yet if she takes them to court she wins all that they need to do is to warn her and the promoters, then wait until she starts to perform then they will interrupt and arrest her she can come and decide not to perform, now if she claims that she is not there to perform she wins stupid law enforcement agency

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by kiyosaki1(m): 8:43am On Jan 01, 2020
WildChild00:

Open your own thread, traffic blogger

That's actually what happened. Stop feeding public with half truth
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by AmazingELixir: 8:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

But there's what is called personal guarantees or personal recognizance. She should have been allowed to perform and then later perfect her papers. These same guys would skip that if they wanted to. She must have stepped on some powerful political toes. But mehn, we need to iconise our own celebrities if we want the world to respect them. It doesn't mean breaking the law or ignoring it for them but giving them the benefit of a doubt before activating such laws if they repeat such offences particularly if these are not criminal offences.

You see, views like these are exactly what has made Nigeria what it is today....the law is the law and it should be blind to sentiments and balanced like Lady Justice.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Panther123: 8:49am On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/news/1840340-5403568-view-asAMP-10qwkes/index.html
Many expatriates that work in Nigeria have been here with tourist visas. They go back their country after three months for renewal and come back smiling to the bank with huge income. Some have spent more than 10 years in this process and earning good money. How they pay tax to the government is a mystery .
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by supercase1(m): 8:50am On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

But there's what is called personal guarantees or personal recognizance. She should have been allowed to perform and then later perfect her papers. These same guys would skip that if they wanted to. She must have stepped on some powerful political toes. But mehn, we need to iconise our own celebrities if we want the world to respect them. It doesn't mean breaking the law or ignoring it for them but giving them the benefit of a doubt before activating such laws if they repeat such offences particularly if these are not criminal offences.
see as Nigerian factor don affect your brain,con even follow u enter 2020 chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Chelseafan99: 8:51am On Jan 01, 2020
papagiddy:
If na naija, she will just walk in smiling and immigration officer will be begging her for money.... Uganda is well organize sir!!

This has to be the most stupid comment ever made in human history. Sad this is what nairaland has become. It quickly turned from a forum of Intelectual minded minds to a cesspool of debauchery and snakes and dead decapitated bodies and stupid stories. Seun the days of Nairaland is coming to an end. Mark my words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RMD Unveils New Look And Wants To Know What His Fans Think / Burial Ceremony of Actress Moji Olaiya In Ikoyi Cemetery, Lagos (Photos, Videos) / Mr Ibu Daughter: My Husband Flew In From US, Proposed & Married Me In 24 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.