Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes (2035 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / Why Did God Want A Son ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by tpiar: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
Your question should be why was it important they leave the garden permanently?
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
Yes. He knew they will and they did. He tempted them and they failed, God still cursed them.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by Inteltower: 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
gross ignorance is all I see here
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by budaatum: 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
I agree the answer is yes. God can not possibly have wanted Adam and Eve to remain dumb so we need a new interpretation of this narrative.

2kaybiel:
Yes. He knew they will and they did. He tempted them and they failed, God still cursed them.
This doesn't sound right though. Why curse them for what you intended they should do? I know the text says "curse" but might it not have been a blessing?

Just think. If satan can meddle in the Garden of Eden, can he not have meddled with the text of the Bible, or our understanding of it?

tpiar:
Your question is very important too. Hopefully we shall find answers in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by budaatum: 5:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
Inteltower:
gross ignorance is all I see here
Then consider reducing the ignorance or just leave the thread please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MJBOLT: 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
i'm just wondering why god did not warn adam and eve about the talking snake?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 1:22am On Jan 02, 2020
tpiar:
Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes
"but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
- Genesis 2:17

Genesis 2:17 above, clearly shows that the answer, on the surface, is, No and not Yes, as you purport.

PS: What God wanted A&E do, was that they take the test, well they did but then failed, lol.

tpiar:
It is important they leave the garden "permanently" on the grounds of disobeying the command firmly expressed in Genesis 2:17 above. They lost the right of residency to the garden, effectively got shown the way out and barred from returning back in

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 1:23am On Jan 02, 2020
MJBOLT:
i'm just wondering why god did not warn adam and eve about the talking snake?
There was no talking snake

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 1:27am On Jan 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
- Genesis 2:17

Gen 5:4

Adam lived 800 years
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 1:35am On Jan 02, 2020
nlPoster:
"After the birth of Seth, Adam lived another 800 years, and he had other sons and daughters"
- Gen 5:4

Adam lived 800 years
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
A&E, upon eating the fruit of the TKGE, instantly spiritually died. Physical death, came to Adam at the age of 930

2 Likes

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 1:39am On Jan 02, 2020
Bible verse/s that support your theory?
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 1:58am On Jan 02, 2020
nlPoster:
Bible verse/s that support your theory?
nlPoster, fyi, residual is used to describe what remains of something when most of it has gone. This is exactly what physical death signified.

So, A&E immediately died, then the decline of the human body process got kickstarted and the degeneration and/or deterioration of the human genetic code too , all these, obviously have a bad effect(s) on human life, so over time, the human body progressively worsens, up until the point when it eventually draws its last breath, packs up and physically dies.

The bible verse Genesis 2:17, in a brief and clearly expressed manner, supports, lol, nlPoster. Is it that you dont understand what spiritual death means nlPoster? As I can, in one sentence, explain what spiritual death is, if you dont.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MrPresident1: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2020
tpiar:

No. God neither planned nor intended for Adam and Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit, on the contrary, God actually planned for them to destroy that tree, and to ensure that only the tree of life remained in the garden of Eden.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Both the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are ideologies. The tree of life is the knowledge of God and his laws, this is the Law that God gave to Moses.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the idolatrous, evil, wicked, ungodly, devilish law of Israel's neighbour; their heathenistic demonic practices.

You see, in the garden of Eden, Adam (Israel) was not the only person present there, Israel had neighbours that God commanded her to rout out completely, in routing out those neighbours, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would be destroyed completely. And only the tree of life would be present forever.

This is where Adam (Israel) failed. Rather than completely destroying the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Adam started partaking out of its fruit, until that tree completely corrupted him, and he died to God.

The tree of life is Jesus Christ
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2020
Its interesting how our viewpoints and the way we answer a question, reflect our minds.

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2020
Btw, any scriptural verses for the povs here?

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
The bible verse Genesis 2:17, in a brief and clearly expressed manner, supports, the promise of guaranteed of death thats spiritually and physically, nlPoster.

Is it that you dont understand what spiritual death means nlPoster? As I can, in one sentence, explain what spiritual death is, if you dont.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by wolesmile(m): 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
I dey come

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by Joagbaje(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
It's the will of God for them to eat it. Because it is a good fruit and contain the knowledge of Good and devil.

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by Aheadship: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] The truth is that God never wanted Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. To think that is to say God wanted mankind to suffer, that He wanted sin and death to come into the world and run men's lives but such ideology completely contradicts God's Word. Only good and perfect gifts come from God. And remember God tested Adam and Eve with that instruction. You don't test someone because if intent, you test someone to prove loyalty and trust.

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by Aheadship: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
Another thing to consider is the timing and the instruction. At the time God gave the instruction, it was not his intent that they eat it then. But there was to come a time that man would judge the fallen angels and he would need the knowledge of good and evil to do so. Only at that time would it become right for man to eat that fruit.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by budaatum: 4:08am On Jan 03, 2020
Joagbaje:
It's the will of God for them to eat it. Because it is a good fruit and contain the knowledge of Good and devil.
I like!

So what does the text mean where it is written, "for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die"?
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by budaatum: 4:09am On Jan 03, 2020
Aheadship:
Another thing to consider is the timing and the instruction. At the time God gave the instruction, it was not his intent that they eat it then. But there was to come a time that man would judge the fallen angels and he would need the knowledge of good and evil to do so. Only at that time would it become right for man to eat that fruit.
And when was that time going to be?

Now, I hope.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by budaatum: 4:11am On Jan 03, 2020
MrPresident1:

This is where Adam (Israel) failed. Rather than completely destroying the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Adam started partaking out of its fruit, until that tree completely corrupted him, and he died to God.
Everything up to the above I could work with, but this sounds like burn a book to me.

Where you get "completely destroying the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" from?

MrPresident1:
The tree of life is Jesus Christ!
Did Jesus not teach the knowledge of good and evil so we can choose?
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 7:26am On Jan 03, 2020
Joagbaje:
C'mon now Joagbaje, we arent here, talking of the will of God, if A&E had passed the test.

Move deeper in the garden, to see that, there actually were two trees, set in the middle of it
One, symbolises freedom, obtain and eat from, the other symbolised restrain, abstain and not eat from
One symbolises God's knowledge and experience, the other symbolised Man's knowledge and experience
One symbolises dependency on God, the other symbolised independency from God
One symbolises life, the other symbolised death
One symbolises healing, the other symbolised hurting

It famously often is said, that, what you eat, that doesnt kill you, makes you stronger, but it doesnt seem to be the case here, with A&E. They ate what killed them after getting weaker from eating

Joagbaje, I love how you slipped in "... contain the knowledge of Good and devil," please be kind enough to go into detail. Why are you saying it's the will of God for them to eat it against God's express command that they shouldnt? Also what's all this "good fruit ... and devil" about?

budaatum:
I like!
Really? You do? OK, please quench my curiosity thirst, what did you exactly like in the comment?

budaatum:
So what does the text mean where it is written, "for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die"?
Sometimes, when a question, like budaatum's "what does the text mean where it is written, "for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die?"" is asked, the answer(s), actually, is simple and short

The keywords that sums up the "for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" saying, are the following two: "surely" and "die"

OK, here's the thing, the "surely" first keyword, is all about guaranteeing something. It is God, with a strong sense of certainty, lol, giving His word about/over something, while the "die" second keyword, is the something, it's what being guaranteed that will happen if/when the fruit of the TKGE is taken to eat.

Yes, in the original Hebrew text, where and/or when God said, "... thou shall surely die", The "surely die" comment, has the meaning, translated as "slow death", lol, and the meaning, conveys, a sense and reality of gradually ceasing to be, lol. It is, as it were, merely stating emphatically and/or publicly, that A&E , the moment after eating, will have a fading and/or die away existence, lol.

Now, true to God's words, the thing He particularly warned Adam about, happened when A&E ate the fruit, though spiritual death, first instantly happened. Oh, for the benefit of nlPoster and others interested, spiritual death, simply means, the departure of man’s spirit from his body, leading to a separation of man and God (i.e. man no longer having "unmetered" contact with God). I digress, back on track, true to God's promise, man did die. He died spiritually death first and physical death, is the end of the "slow death" Adam was told of. After A&E's spiritual death, the process of decline and deterioration kicked in. Everything, over time, will begin going down and/or looking south. At the end of the decline, deterioration, body organ failings, aging etcetera, lol comes and so, we have, an awaiting physical death.

Yep, it surely, as God warned and guaranteed, from spiritual death to physical death, is a slow death, indeed for man, lol. It was a slow, 930 years long, before Adam died, lol. The slow tick, tock, tick, tock, mortality clock came alive and started to tick tock tick tock from after the lunge at the fruit and subsequent eating of it. Thou shalt surely die, essentially is what man truly is putting into practice. Man, the second he is born, is dying. Is having a slow death, just as warned and/or promised will certainly happened, lol
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MrPresident1: 7:48am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Everything up to the above I could work with, but this sounds like burn a book to me.

Where you get "completely destroying the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" from?

Did Jesus not teach the knowledge of good and evil so we can choose?

Buda for eartum read here to get answers to your questions https://www.nairaland.com/2743974/tree-life-tree-knowledge-good
if you have further questions, come here https://www.nairaland.com/3504125/jesus-coming-soon-thread-faithful
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by budaatum: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
MrPresident1:

[s]Buda for eartum read here to get answers to your questions https://www.nairaland.com/2743974/tree-life-tree-knowledge-good
if you have further questions, come here https://www.nairaland.com/3504125/jesus-coming-soon-thread-faithful[/s]

1 Like

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by Daejoyoung: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
MrPresident1:

No. God neither planned nor intended for Adam and Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit, on the contrary, God actually planned for them to destroy that tree, and to ensure that only the tree of life remained in the garden of Eden.

And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Both the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are ideologies. The tree of life is the knowledge of God and his laws, this is the Law that God gave to Moses.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the idolatrous, evil, wicked, ungodly, devilish law of Israel's neighbour; their heathenistic demonic practices.

You see, in the garden of Eden, Adam (Israel) was not the only person present there, Israel had neighbours that God commanded her to rout out completely, in routing out those neighbours, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would be destroyed completely. And only the tree of life would be present forever.

You are reading the bible the way it was written to be read. kudos.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Now, I hope.

Of the date and time, no one knows.

Personally, I know practically nobody who is qualified to judge any other being. Although Nigerians like to believe they are holy enough but nah.

Broadcasting other people's sins do not make you a saint. We tend to be confused here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
Since Adam and Eve remained alive after God told them they would surely die if they ate the fruit (they actually lived longer than almost everybody after them), what exactly can we infer from the story? I would like people's opinions.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by MuttleyLaff: 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
Aheadship:
Another thing to consider is the timing and the instruction. At the time God gave the instruction, it was not his intent that they eat it then. But there was to come a time that man would judge the fallen angels and he would need the knowledge of good and evil to do so. [Only at that time would it become right for man to eat that fruit.
There was only one time to eat or not to eat the fruit of the TKGE. That time was in the garden of Eden. The tree since the eviction of A&E had been destroyed, after serving it's purpose of being formerly centrally placed in open sight place in the garden. This is the reason for its absence in the garden in John's Revelation vision, lol.

budaatum:

Now, I hope.
The time would have been after the duration of the test.

nlPoster:
Of the date and time, no one knows.

Personally, I know practically nobody who is qualified to judge any other being. Although Nigerians like to believe they are holy enough but nah.

Broadcasting other people's sins do not make you a saint. We tend to be confused here.
The time A&E ate the fruit, was the last hour. Had it been they restrained themselves in the last remaining hour left, they would have successfully sailed through and be given the green light to go ahead and start eat the fruit without incurring any bad effects.

No one is judging anyone here, we are merely jaw-jawing with each other.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by nlPoster: 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bible verses to check?

Everyone's analysis is interesting even if they sound like fictional versions of events.
Re: Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes by sotall(m): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
MrPresident1:

Where did you pick all these you wrote up there?

Any evidence?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Your Spiritual Fears Or Belief , Let's Trash Out The Hoax From Facts / Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? / 4 Things To Do To Restore Any Lost Thing In Your Life - Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.