Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Do People Deserve Punishment For Their Ancestors' Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Deserve Punishment For Their Ancestors' Sin? (196 Views)

Nigerians should embrace the god of their ancestors and leave christianity/islam / Their Ancestors Had Tails / Pastor Adeboye: No Punishment For A Rapist Is Too Severe (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do People Deserve Punishment For Their Ancestors' Sin? by AntiChristian: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
The Bible demands intergenerational punishment so that children must be punished for their parents’ sins.

I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me (Exodus 20:5).

[God justified a calamity to the people:] It is because your ancestors forsook me (Jeremiah 16:11).

But the opposite claim is recorded in the Bible as well.

Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin (Deuteronomy 24:16).

Everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge (Jeremiah 31:30).

The one who sins is the one who will die (Ezekiel 18:4).

Where does this leave Original Sin? This is the idea that we’re born fallen and deserve hell because of Adam’s sin, which infects us all. What foundation remains for Original Sin if it is undercut by the Bible itself?

(1) (Reply)

We Can Be Perfect: What The Bible Says About Being Perfect And People Who Were / Ways To Know If You Are Of God Or The Devil. / 5 Christian Responsibilities For The Year 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.