Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. (4155 Views)

PDP To APC: Where Is Buhari’s Rice Pyramid, You Owe Nigerians Explanation / Buhari Really Scammed Nigerians(photo) / Is Buhari's June 12 Declaration Targeted At Obasanjo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by urahara(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Buhari is in his fifth year as president , has Nigeria rating on the world poverty clock slowed down at any point during this period ? Hell no , instead every 6 minutes and counting a new Nigerian is being thrown into abject ..if Buhari had any solution in his sleeves don't you think 5 years is enough time to see some results in some stats ...check out Donald Trump whose results are showing everywhere in US economic stats daily ...Voltron face it Buhari is an irredeemable failure who will not achieve a single thing even after 8 years

Poverty alleviation right from Obasanjo has always failed .
Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by ServantsOfTruth: 1:03am On Jan 03, 2020
grandstar:

Atiku and Atiku are Fulani. How then are they Fulani a***kickers?. Did you vote Atiku? Is he Igbo or Kanuri?

The statement above is a tribute to your tribalistic line of thought and not a mirror of who the Yoruba are.

Jonathan won in all Yoruba states in the Southwest in 2011 except Osun state.

Jonathan lost in the Southwest in 2015 because of the endemic corruption that flourished under his nose.

In 2019, Buhari lost in at least 2 Yoruba states in the southwest and just narrowly won in the Southwest

Yoruba are swing voters.

You vote on tribal lines and feel Yoruba do the same. They don't. Both Buhari and Atiku are Fulani. What you are saying makes no sense.

What do you have to say about this mr sense?

Go on show the world how foolish and stupid you are

Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by grandstar(m): 2:07am On Jan 03, 2020
ServantsOfTruth:

What do you have to say about this mr sense?

Go on show the world how foolish and stupid you are

What that guy said is meaningless unless you're a tribalist. I doubt he even said it. Anyone can pick up a picture, write jargons beside it to make it sound credible.

Even if the statement was true, does the statement reflect what he said?

Lagos Ibadan expressway is being rebuilt. Lagos Ibadan railway line is almost ready. A new bridge on the Niger River is being built.. A finance audit of the NDDC has made thieving contractors return money for projects they either didn't complete or did not even carry out at all. I am not even a fan of Buhari

Everyone is a loser under Buhari. The North has become the poverty capital of the world. 80% of the poorest Nigerians are from the North.

What a country like Nigeria needs most is fast economic growth of at least 7% yearly. It was barely 2.5% last year. Infrastructural projects with lousy growth rates is Akin to building a 15 bedroom mansion in a very poor village. It will bring you prestige but never money. When you desperately need money, no one will give you a good price for it.

Fast economic growth is what is needed. Everyone suffers when growth is very poor. It is fast economic growth that can lift tens of millions out of poverty. It is fast growth that can create jobs for the teeming number of unemployed and underemployed in the country.

Riding a jeep and having zero in your wallet no be am. Better to have your bank account full of money than to have a jeep.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by urahara(m): 6:45am On Jan 03, 2020
grandstar:

The North has become the poverty capital of the world. 80% of the poorest Nigerians are from the North.

Before buhari the North was always on its way to being poverty capital.

Poverty there has been roaring even since the time of Obasanjo.
Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by urahara(m): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2020
grandstar:

What a country like Nigeria needs most is fast economic growth of at least 7% yearly. It was barely 2.5% last year. Infrastructural projects with lousy growth rates is Akin to building a 15 bedroom mansion in a very poor village. It will bring you prestige but never money. When you desperately need money, no one will give you a good price for it.

Fast economic growth is what is needed. Everyone suffers when growth is very poor. It is fast economic growth that can lift tens of millions out of poverty. It is fast growth that can create jobs for the teeming number of unemployed and underemployed in the country.

Riding a jeep and having zero in your wallet no be am. Better to have your bank account full of money than to have a jeep.

From 2000 to 2014 Nigeria had an average yearly growth rate of 7 percent and yet poverty was still exploding.
Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by grandstar(m): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2020
urahara:

From 2000 to 2014 Nigeria had an average yearly growth rate of 7 percent and yet poverty was still exploding.

I don't exactly agree with you. Things improved. I remembered how the economy was under Abacha

During my time when I finished uni, almost everyone wanted to travel overseas for work.

By 2010, things had changed considerably. Children of the middle class now stayed as prospects for jobs were much better. I'm an estate agent and I can tell you that agents getting higher sums as commissions. Land prices soared.

Nowadays people are fleeing to Canada. That's a very good indication that things have soured. Many have lost hope in the economy.

I believe poverty as a percentage of the population dropped even though the number of the poor rose
Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by Urahara22: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2020
grandstar:

By 2010, things had changed considerably. Children of the middle class now stayed as prospects for jobs were much better. I'm an estate agent and I can tell you that agents getting higher sums as commissions. Land prices soared.

From 2000 to 2014 all I ever remembered was people wailing , no jobs , " Nigeria is a horrible place " bla bla bla.

grandstar:

I believe poverty as a percentage of the population dropped even though the number of the poor rose

The number of people living on less than 1 dollar a day in 2004 was 54.7 percent , in 2010 it became 60.9 percent despite marvelous economic growth.

Economic growth at times does not reduce poverty.

Botswana was one of the fastest growing economies in the world for over 30 years. Despite this , poverty in Botswana is very high.

foreignpolicy.com
Growth Alone Won't Help the Poor

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/20/growth-alone-wont-help-the-poor-nigeria-poverty-inequality/

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10875549.2016.1141383?src=recsys

The link below is an article by Reuters during Nigerias years of soaring gdp.Its a 2012 article before Buhari took power.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSTRE81C0KR20120213

"It remains a paradox ... that despite the fact that the Nigerian economy is growing, the proportion of Nigerians living in poverty is increasing every year," Statistician General Yemi Kale told reporters in the capital Abuja.

Bismarck Rewane in the year 2012 spoke on the paradox in the link below

https://www.dw.com/en/poverty-on-the-rise-in-nigeria/a-15742474-0
Re: Is Buhari Really A Curse To Nigeria? Check This Out. by ServantsOfTruth: 4:05am On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=grandstar post=85452647]

What that guy said is meaningless unless you're a tribalist. I doubt he even said it. Anyone can pick up a picture, write jargons beside it to make it sound
credible.

It's now meaningless because he's calling the yourba slaves...which the whole world knows that yourbas are slaves .

The facts are there for you to see
This picture was sent to femi kayode
So don't come up here to say rubbish

Even if the statement was true, does the statement reflect what he said?

Yes it does...the yourba nation are slaves to the hause..Fulani

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Finally, Tinubu Declares His Assets / Gov Adeleke Thanks Osun People As INEC Declare All PDP Candidates Elected / The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.