Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! (6334 Views)

White Women Are Bustier Than Black Women. Change My View (pictures!!) / My Brother Hustle O Make Them No Use Your ATM Card Do Ruler O / My Brother Hustle Make Yahoo Boy No Use Venza Collect Your Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Kingrexyl(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
makydebbie:
Open a diary no one gives a fvck about your opinion dear one minute man.
Says a hungry looking Ghanaian girl.. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by AstroG: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Michellekabod2:
what is truth?all he said is subjective, its from his own lens..

There's nothing subjective about it,what the Op stated are basically the real facts.

3 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Makz:
''A man cannot be a king on his own, he will need a queen to support him on the throne''. In a much you outlined valid and credible reasons for ur thought, I want to remind you that the woman was created for you. The world wouldn't have been this 'interesting' without these strange creatures.

Brother he said girlfriend not wife ooo

3 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by leokid866: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Makz:
''A man cannot be a king on his own, he will need a queen to support him on the throne''. In a much you outlined valid and credible reasons for ur thought, I want to remind you that the woman was created for you. The world wouldn't have been this 'interesting' without these strange creatures.

It's called the Demilade Effect....translated from Yoruba as "She who Crowns".
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Geniemoi01(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
GraGra247:
Op, you honestly represent my views about women in totality. I'm just a little different because I have a very soft spot for the vulnerable and humble ones among them.

I'm willing to go out of my way to spend or suffer to assist a down trodden or down to earth lady without any strings attached. Of course sometimes they want strings afterwards and its still ok.

But once I detect slayqueen, feminist type of pride, I'm ready to let her die without paying any attention cos they've done far worse to people I know.

I just hope your kindness will not be used against you or used to string you into a parasitic committed relationship. Be careful how you help women. I'll not say more than this.

6 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Richnerd69: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
xendra:
lmao, which country? you definitely have never dated a foreign lady.

they have more drama cheesy I even feel sorry for them sometime cheesy too sensitive. you wonder why more white men are marrying black women, the only time a white woman will marry a black man is if she can use him somehow or you just go for the least among themgrin afterall white na white

and TBH I prefer more white women marry black men grin they know how to loyal y'all ass up

He said a 'foreign lady ' and not necessarily a white one. I'll choose a foreign lady any day, over some Nigerian ladies. My mom is foreign and she gave my father peace. Even in her stay in Nigeria, she was taken aback by the way some Nigerian ladies behaved; They have this strong entitlement mentality, hoping to be established by a man. Lady what happened to your own dreams and goals?

An average Nigerian girl is motivated to date you because your financially buoyant , wow. They will turn down a gentleman because he is struggling, trying to make ends meet.

Talking about drama: Ladies generally are very dramatic, so it's something we guys have to adjust to. In real sense, an average Nigerian girl can hardly keep up in intellectual conversations when you engage them ; They rather enjoy talking about romance , movies , food, hair and make up. Just a few intellectual ladies in Nigeria I've come across and I was marveled.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Albinoworwor: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
Congratulation on your journey to becoming a recluse....before you know what's up you start drowning in depression
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by monex(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jodha:

He's obviously a one minute man...he just said it...

he actually didnt say so. He said he is low on libido.

Libido has nothing to do with quick ejaculation

7 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Splinz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
smiley

Why would you want anyone to change your views? Like you rightly said, it's your opinion. Please keep it.

Now, I'd also share my opinion with you.

I started a relationship with someone last year, precisely on my birthday. You may called it my birthday gift and you wouldn't be wrong at all. Such a sweet gift! kiss

It may also interest you to know that I wasn't in any form of relationship with the opposite sex prior to this current one, for at least a period of 5 years. It was deliberate, neither was it about the girls: I just wasn't ready for any form of commitment with anyone; either emotionally or otherwise.

But now I'm in a relationship, and here's at least 3 take home for me:-

1. Companionship/partnership: Aside enjoying her sweet companionship, my girl is also my number one team member. We do everything in common. You name it: Business, politics, education, etc. I'm always on top of my game though. But then, my girl will always add these spices here and there and make everything so beautifully tasteful.

Girl is so intelligent... shocked

2. Playmate: I enjoy watching little children play and fight, and also learn a lot from them. These little ones are always happy, though fighting here and there. They have first class in conflict management which ensures that they're always playing together despite their fights...

This is also my relationship with my girl. I cannot coman be doing bigi man and die of boredom cheesy. We run around the house like rabbits, throwing pillows here and there, planting surprise kisses etc. If anyone thinks that playing is for children alone, then your relationship is in for a long thing... cheesy

3. Sex: My brother, I like sex mehn kiss cheesy

What!!! That stuff is good my G! cheesy So after all the play and running upandan, I'd carry her like Arnold Schwarzenegger cheesy, lay her on my bed, kiss and... lipsrsealed

In the end, I'm happy I loved and cared for someone: happy I can be a source of happiness to someone.

My brother, may you find love in this new year. smiley
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
Op, you are in denial phase!!

No man can resist the poise of a lady with good Spec!!!
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by monex(m): 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
makydebbie:

isnt he free to decide how he wants to live his life.

why do you then insult him?

I honestly believe his third point is flawed as I think a lot of use crave companionships but i am liberal enough to accept that there are those who might not want it.

2 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Richnerd69: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
I engaged a random lady some days ago when I and my cousin took his kids to the park. I'm single(tho I have a friend), so my bro told me to approach this lady; She was alone . She's quite beautiful, sounded smart and cool. We spent hours talking and hanging out that day . I appeared average wearing a white polo and a Jean, I noticed she was eying me from head to toe. She asked about my watch and she said it looked expensive , she asked about my job and if I had a ride... I was smiling , I told her I'm still searching for a job and I came with my brother in his car.

I recall asking her a few questions and one of the things I asked her was, "what she wanted in a man", to my amazement, she said she wanted a man that could establish her all round and provide her needs ; She doesn't want to suffer with any man.

My zeal died immediately, as I left that park , I deleted her number and vowed never to contact her. She sent me a Good morning message , I'm not going to respond.

I'm dodging this bullet.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Ay04z(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
Fact. But I need sure one anyway. grin

1 Like

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by LINTUNE(m): 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
Richnerd69:
I engaged a random lady some days ago when I and my cousin took his kids to the park. I'm single(tho I have a friend), so my bro told me to approach this lady; She was alone . She's quite beautiful, sounded smart and cool. We spent hours talking and hanging out that day . I appeared average wearing a white polo and a Jean, I noticed she was eying me from head to toe. She asked about my watch and she said it looked expensive , she asked about my job and if I had a ride... I was smiling , I told her I'm still searching for a job and I came with my brother in his car.

I recall asking her a few questions and one of the things I asked her was, "what she wanted in a man", could you believe she said she wanted a man that could establish her all round and provide her needs ; She doesn't want to suffer with any man.

My zeal died immediately, as I left that park , I deleted her number and vowed never to contact her. She sent me a Good morning message , I'm not going to respond.

I'm dodging this bullet.
u are lucky

5 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Trimque2k1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
Varlfott:
I'm not a novice on this subject. I have had some experience with women in the past. But through these experiences and deep thinking I've come to realize that having a girlfriend is pointless and comes with a lot of baggage that I'd rather not deal with.

In my opinion there are only three benefits of having a girlfriend.
1. For Sex
2. For social clout( If she is good looking)
3. For companionship.

Let me break each down and tell you why I don't give a fuçk about any of those benefits.

1. Sex: I'm not a sex freak, in fact my libido is very low. And even if I want to have sex with a lady, I prefer one night stands with strangers where I don't have to keep up contact with them after the sex. I'm very promiscuous and so I can't even do the whole one guy - one woman nonsense. But bear in mind that sex with women is very low on my priority list. I could go weeks without sex and not be overwhelmed with konji.

2. Social clout: Women who are so hot that being their boyfriend gives you social cred are often so high maintenance that the cred they give you pales in comparison to the financial expenses you will make in maintaining their lifestyle. Then there is the constant attention they are going to get from other men and the fact that you'd have to literally "work" to make sure she is getting everything she needs from you so she won't give in to the attention. I'd honestly rather invest my money, time and energy in making money than invest it in sustaining a relationship with a hot woman who will still cheat on me anyway.

3. Companionship: I honestly do not yearn for the companionship of a woman or anyone at all. I'm very okay being by myself and even if I want to hang out with people, experience has thought me that male friends are actually better to hang out with because not only do they have your back everytime, you don't have to deal with the burden of trying to please the. constantly. Also women tend to be very shallow and quality time that involves intellectual discussions is almost never possible with them, especially the attractive ones. In fact the more intellectual the conversation goes, the less interesting you become to the typical attractive Nigerian girl. These ones just want to have fun and talk about shallow nonsense.

If you think there is any benefit in having a girlfriend in Nigeria other than these three that I've done my best to deconstruct a d argue against, please change my view.
Abeg tell me ur brand, name and location you deserve some cold beer. Incase you're shy manage this ones below

1 Like

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by riche12: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nice writeup @op

A man priority should be to widen his horizon, develop himself with every possible opportunity, Learn new thinz etc..

Ladies should be the least of our concern.... Cause mostly, Nigerian girls contribute nothing at all to a mans life....

Just there to eat there share of the money in exchange for sex.. Low IQ, Eq... However the right lady can serve as a motivation to do more and achieve more BUT WHERE CAN WE FIND SUCH LADIES IN NAIJA

3 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by SeverusSnape(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
makydebbie:
You commented on the post, Which means you gave a F**k.
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by sophtcopy: 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jodha:

They married a woman but not their wife....

That's why marriage is not about seeing a pretty woman and rushing to marry her..

Yhu have to seek the face of God to know if she truly yhur wife....

If yhu marry someone else's wife....the marriage will be disastrous...
Sister make I tell you something, there's nothing like somebody married or did not marry his/her wife/husband. Once you're married, the said person becomes your partner hence wife/husband. All those ones wey you dey talk na based on religious beliefs.
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Starz825(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
Lightangel65:
It's safest for a man to be single

But don't go around banging other girls.

Just stay single in your own safe space and peace, travel, play games (PS4), watch movies live your life to the fullest without women in it, you would enjoy life, thank me later and don't forget God.
Esp..when u ain't ready for marriage
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Starz825(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
Varlfott:

grin grin

You girls can't help but show your disgust at the fact that there are men who don't make women their priority. You can't handle the fact that there are few men who don't put you at the center of their lives like most men do.

See this one calling me a douchebag because I said I don't need a girlfriend. grin The other one is convinced I'm a one minute man because I said I'm not a sex freak. grin
So a man that isn't obsessed with sex must be a one minute man? Well I hate to break it to you but there are better, more satisfying things in life than your pussy.

Society has fed me bullshit for too long through media and movies. I've been single for years now and I've never experienced so much freedom and peace in my life. My life is so stress free and I don't have to deal with all the problems my friends in relationship deal with. Most of my time is devoted to my work and self development.

I've come to realize that it is women who need relationships, not men and yet it's them that are the architects of majority of the problems that come with relationships.
I love this reply..so obvious they were bitter.... because there is no proof u are a one minute man....he pain them both cheesy

1 Like

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Newguyhere: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
person wey you for just Bleep and dump undecided
Richnerd69:

I recall asking her a few questions and one of the things I asked her was, "what she wanted in a man", could you believe she said she wanted a man that could establish her all round and provide her needs ; She doesn't want to suffer with any man.

I'm dodging this bullet.
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Richnerd69: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
Newguyhere:
person wey you for just Bleep and dump undecided

It's not about the Sex big man. Those type of ladies are the type to want to exploit you. I don't know how to cut people off, it's better I don't encourage them in my life.

5 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Michellekabod2:
what is truth?all he said is subjective, its from his own lens..

subjective ke ! you're jus been sentimental, when yu concern all the point OP listed from a neutral point of view or lens as yu wuld say its da truth.
A man benefit only one thing frm r/ship which is sex, compared to what women stand to gain or benefit frm r/ship.
Before marriage, as a bachelor a man takes care of himself, his home, laundry & cook ... so! OP is on point but i don't think most of us wana emulate OP. make God sha dey provide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by stanisbaratheon: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Varlfott:
I'm not a novice on this subject. I have had some experience with women in the past. But through these experiences and deep thinking I've come to realize that having a girlfriend is pointless and comes with a lot of baggage that I'd rather not deal with.

1. For Sex
3. For companionship.

Let me break each down and tell you why I don't give a fuçk about any of those benefits.

1. Sex: I'm not a sex freak, in fact my libido is very low. And even if I want to have sex with a lady, I prefer one night stands with strangers where I don't have to keep up contact with them after the sex. I'm very promiscuous and so I can't even do the whole one guy - one woman nonsense. But bear in mind that sex with women is very low on my priority list. I could go weeks without sex and not be overwhelmed with konji.

2. Social clout: Women who are so hot that being their boyfriend gives you social cred are often so high maintenance that the cred they give you pales in comparison to the financial expenses you will make in maintaining their lifestyle. Then there is the constant attention they are going to get from other men and the fact that you'd have to literally "work" to make sure she is getting everything she needs from you so she won't give in to the attention. I'd honestly rather invest my money, time and energy in making money than invest it in sustaining a relationship with a hot woman who will still cheat on me anyway.

3. Companionship: I honestly do not yearn for the companionship of a woman or anyone at all. I'm very okay being by myself and even if I want to hang out with people, experience has thought me that male friends are actually better to hang out with because not only do they have your back everytime, you don't have to deal with the burden of trying to please the. constantly. Also women tend to be very shallow and quality time that involves intellectual discussions is almost never possible with them, especially the attractive ones. In fact the more intellectual the conversation goes, the less interesting you become to the typical attractive Nigerian girl. These ones just want to have fun and talk about shallow nonsense.

If you think there is any benefit in having a girlfriend in Nigeria other than these three that I've done my best to deconstruct a d argue against, please change my view.

It is difficult for a lady to contend with your points without attacking you one way or the other.

Nice points though, you couldn't have made them any better.
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by xendra: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Richnerd69:

He said a 'foreign lady ' and not necessarily a white one. I'll choose a foreign lady any day, over some Nigerian ladies. My mom is foreign and she gave my father peace. Even in her stay in Nigeria, she was taken aback by the way some Nigerian ladies behaved; They have this strong entitlement mentality, hoping to be established by a man. Lady what happened to your own dreams and goals?

An average Nigerian girl is motivated to date you because your financially buoyant , wow. They will turn down a gentleman because he is struggling, trying to make ends meet.

Talking about drama: Ladies generally are very dramatic, so it's something we guys have to adjust to. In real sense, an average Nigerian girl can hardly keep up in intellectual conversations when you engage them ; They rather enjoy talking about romance , movies , food, hair and make up. Just a few intellectual ladies in Nigeria I've come across and I was marveled.

men! cheesy the only thing men now do better than women is to complain.
with my job comes the requirement to meet people of different classes daily and I've met alot of dumb men and women, mostly men but maybe because more men frequent the placecheesy and I don't always come out to talk about how dumb men are cheesy cheesy but men with their expectant mentality think women owe them anything

+ I said they have "more" drama, that's admitting we all have some drama grin any man would have called a woman dumb over your ignorance there grin but I wouldn't call you one.

as your mum might have been the good one, so are there good ones in Nigeria. I'm still saying, if you think the way you do then chances are you are the problem. men and women all over have flaws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Akinbahm(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
Michellekabod2:
nah,women have made some men great. I am talking from experience. Also what do guys have to offer?

Sis, I dont belong to the Males sect that offer girls only money and Prick, I offer beyond those duos to girls that proved she's not only offering sex and if she only offer sex then I'll offer those duos to her alone....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by maynation(f): 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ride on Sir.
The Lord is your strength. grin grin
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by MajorWarren: 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nice write up man. If I voice my opinions on this topic It’ll look like I hate women.
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by rosy1992(f): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Love doesnt exist. Most relationship are on compromise.
Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by bindukwe(m): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dating is useful to those who desire marriage.
Its a form of biological engineering, from an evolutionary standpoint.
A way of finding a partner whom you can tolerate over a lifetime.

It can also be a good yardstick for self evaluation; knowing, only the fittest will survive. Women will only select the mate with the best chance of reproducing a stronger offspring with and their safety.
What type of women do you attract? That analysis holds within it, your worthiness.
How much you weigh in the grand scheme of things.

Its helpful to know women are attracted to men across and up dominance hierarchies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by Angela62: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
Varlfott:

1. For Sex
3. For companionship.

Your points seem valid, and as a woman, it pains me muchly to see that men are not the traditional, family-oriented men like my dad, and how I was raised to see men. Personally I love men, from my brothers to my father and boyfriend who made me see the hard work men do to keep society running. Having said that, here are the reasons why I think women are useful to you (if you are open enough to consider different perspectives).

1. If you want to have a child, then I see no way you can have it without a woman. You didn't mention this part in your writeup, but only a woman can fulfill this goal.

2. Feminine energy is needed to motivate you. Society becomes advanced when men are motivated by the thought of creating a wonderful place for their wives and children to thrive. I have two brothers who are married, and to my utmost surprise, both of them doubled their hustle and became responsible, quit playing video games and became good fathers and husband to their family. There is something refreshing seeing this transformation that boys make when life's responsibility shows up, and I don't think this would happen if there are no women in their lives that loves them.

A woman that loves you will give you every reason to stay and see value above what you highlighted. I understand that we live in an era of human being disposable, the illusion of abundance via dating sites and social media, and other toxicity, but be strong, and see it as distractions preventing you from enjoying natural happiness that previous generations did like our parents. Personally, I have actually gave up on men, as all seems just wanna have sex until I met a man that completely changed everything. Be vigilant, and surely, good women do exist.

Lastly, and most importantly, do you not want kids that will live after you? to continue your paternal line and everything you have built for yourself? Even the sex you mentioned is a human thing, it is a primal, strong drive that most people can't do without, it is not an object or something you can refuse to engage it. You have to be really tough, or an asexual no to love sex. Do reconsider your stance, and I hope the day that men and women will not see value in each other never comes.

Angela.

2 Likes

Re: I See No Use In Having A Girlfriend. Change My View!! by emkz: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
Bros, what are the likely benefits for a woman going into a relationship with you? In the (un)likely event that you meet the woman of your dreams and she asks you what you are offering to the relationship, what can you tell her? Forget sex because it is the easiest thing women can get, forget your money because she was surviving before you, forget your car because she was moving before you, forget all the mundane stuff. WHAT can you really offer her to make her never forget you?

On a personal level, a valuable woman would bring value into, and improve your life. Before you can appreciate these values, you must first understand them, and they are far from our primary considerations going into relationships. My point is that relationship is more than sex (it would be less colourful with time); relationship is more than companionship (there are days you don't just feel or want to see each other), and it is certainly more than social clout/external validation (only insecure guys are defined by the structure and looks of the women they are seeing).

I have no intention of deconstructing your mind as I advocate everyone acts within the limits of their own understanding. I am just suggesting that we look beyond the narrow prism we examine relationships by. I agree that for some girls, relationships are transactionary thereby making relationships with them calamitous; and if you are not going into relationship for transactionary purposes, you'd not entertain people of such leanings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Your Crush Know! / DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? / I Don't Believe In Love Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.