Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? (6333 Views)

6 Best Ways To Beat Your Girlfriend/wife Without Touching Her!! / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2014
No one around here is for hitting or brutalizing
women, but there’s an enduring myth—that persists
right up to the present—that you should never hit a
woman. No matter what. As you can see from this PSA,
this notion goes right up to the top: the President and
Vice-President of the United States are saying it to your
face. This isn’t
an Obama issue. This is a Western phenomenon, that
long predates—and will long out-survive..

The problem is that this whole idea is predicated on
several problematic assumptions. Among them are that:
1. Women never hit anyone, including men.
2. Hitting women is somehow worse than any other
forms of unilateral violence (e.g., women hitting men,
men hitting weaker men, or adults hitting children).
3. Women never provoke men, with inflammatory
actions that—while not violence per se—are designed
to elicit a reaction, humiliate them, or destroy their
possessions (e.g., smash their car).
4. Hitting a woman immediately renders all of the prior
circumstances irrelevant.
5. Mutual fights between women and men are
impossible.
Real “domestic violence” (what I’d broadly define as
uneven, unilateral forms of violence—bullying,
essentially—between people in certain types of
relationships) is a serious matter—one that should be
legislated and punished. But, when you create an
across-the-board, over-simplified rule that you should
“never hit a woman,” you basically reduce domestic
violence to only unprovoked, male-to-female violence.
Plus, it feeds an existing culture that grants women
virtual carte blanche to act however they want—
including hitting men—with little fear of serious legal,
physical, or social consequences.
If she hits him, he must have done something wrong. If
he hits her back, he’s abusive. In this calculus, men
always turn out in the wrong. Meanwhile, a man will
receive all three consequences—in spades—if he
merely responds with the same exact level of violence.
. The
cops will arrest him. And, people who learn of “his
actions” will shame him.(9ja)
Despite the countless problems with this appalling
state of affairs, I’d say a majority of men, in my social
circle at least, know how to handle a situation when a
woman becomes violent at a bar, at home, or on the
street–pushing him, getting in his face, punching him,
or dumping a drink on him. They walk away, tell the
bouncer, or restrain the woman until she calms down.
He’s expected to–and must–display the patience,
restraint, and physical resilience of a saint.
But more importantly, what kind of women do you
create as a society when you take the now-
anachronistic notion (thanks to feminism) that women
are in need of special protection to its logical extreme,
selectively keeping that in place while removing other
so-called out-dated notions of gender? BUT DO U THINK IT IS RIGHT TO HIT A LADY BE IT YOUR G.F or WIFE?
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2014
it's obviously not right,but women have a way of provoking men to a great extent,they don't listen to warnings(stubborn creatures)....

most of the times a mat hits a woman,if you care to know what really happened,you'd find out that the guy isn't necessarily at fault...they are some guys who do hit women for no just cause tho,these women are mainly those that the guy doesn't really like(maybe the woman forced herself on him)..

but a man that hits a woman is to be punished,women should also be of good behaviour
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:
it's obviously not right,but women have a way of provoking men to a great extent,they don't listen to warnings(stubborn creatures)....

most of the times a mat hits a woman,if you care to know what really happened,you'd find out that the guy isn't necessarily at fault...they are some guys who do hit women for no just cause tho,these women are mainly those that the guy doesn't really like(maybe the woman forced herself on him)..

but a man that hits a woman is to be punished,women should also be of good behaviour
Love it- nice piece
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 09, 2014
Very wrong to hit a woman (and vice versa) wink
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2014
It is never right. I can never try it, at least not to someone I am dating or my wife. I have trained myself well enough to withstand every kind of tempting and provoking behaviours from women. Yet, that is not to say a woman is free to hit me or something. Infact, I don't think any woman would wanna try that with me. Fear sef go catch you na... If you just do one kind thing, the eye wey I go take look you sef, then throway face go first put goose pimples for your body.

Well, I generally avoid such scenarios that would or might lead to tempting a woman to slap/hit me. I don't think I have ever gotten into an hitted argument with a woman before. Nah... I avoid that too because one thing begots another.

In as much as I know it ain't right for a man to hit a woman, I feel it's even worse for a woman to hit a man. That's just my opinion though.
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2014
There is no justification at all for a man to lay a finger on any woman.Anyman who do that is a coward!If a man wants to exercise his physical power,i suggest he looks for his gender.Some foolish men will be insulted by their bosses,they remain calm but when their wives insult them,na that time their power go come out.I think in my opinion,such men are spineless cowards!
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2014
shebi una dey claim equality? why cry foul when beaten? make una stand and fight back na. grin
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

Bros... If you follow wetin woman talk ehn, you go kill her pronto. Every man should learn to be patient and enduring enough to hold themselves together when these daughters of eve set their tongues loose or something. It's not easy, but with time and enough discipline, then it becomes easy to let go of their misdemeanours.
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2014
lynpetra:
There is no justification at all for a man to lay a finger on any woman.Anyman who do that is a coward!If a man wants to exercise his physical power,i suggest he looks for his gender.Some foolish men will be insulted by their bosses,they remain calm but when their wives insult them,na that time their power go come out.I think in my opinion,such men are spineless cowards!
How come you only favoured the women? How about women who hit men? Can that be justified? And please don't give me the "before a woman would hit a man, the man must have done something blah blah blah..." Because as you know sometimes women must have done something before some men strike them, albeit it can never be justified as for me there is no justifiable reason to lay hands on your woman. So also, there is no justifiable reason whatsoever for a woman to lay hands on a man. Haba! She no dey fear ni?
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2014
dmcdad:

Bros... If you follow wetin woman talk ehn, you go kill her pronto. Every man should learn to be patient and enduring enough to hold themselves together when these daughters of eve set their tongues loose or something. It's not easy, but with time and enough discipline, then it becomes easy to let go of their misdemeanours.

i swear,dem fit annoy ehn....they will be at fault,and they know they are at fault,still dey will be raining curses on a guy...that's why i am careful when choosing female friends,make yawa no go burstgrin
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2014
lynpetra:

indeed? but there is justification for a woman to slap a man in public?
there is justification for a wife to hit her husband with shoe?
there is justification for women to verbally and physically attack a bus conductor?
but no justification for a man to lay a finger??
bunch of hypocrites...

2 Likes

Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

i swear,dem fit annoy ehn....they will be at fault,and they know they are at fault,still dey will be raining curses on a guy...that's why i am careful when choosing female friends,make yawa no go burstgrin
I don't even keep female friends. cheesy Na just distant ones...
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Tymax(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2014
Just look at these lofty, simplistic comments.

Everybody wants to appear politically correct. angry
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2014
dmcdad:

I don't even keep female friends. cheesy Na just distant ones...

i need them for reasons best known to me
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by BANGERLEE1(m): 10:25am On Oct 09, 2014
Tymax:
Just look at these lofty, simplistic comments.

Everybody wants to appear politically correct. angry
and you??
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

i need them for reasons best known to me
I can take a shot in the dark. cheesy
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Pervert1(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2014
What is "RIGHT" is not necessarily what should be done.

1 Like

Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by ibnjarir93(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2014
dmcdad:
it is never right. I can mever try it, at least not someone I am dating or my wife. I have trained myself well enough to withstand every kind of tempting and provoking behaviours from women. Yet, that is not to say a woman is free to hut me or something. Infact, I don't think any woman would wanna try that with me. Fear sef go catch you na... Id you just do one kind thing, the eye wey I go take look you sef then throway face go first put goose pimples for your body.

Well, I generally avoid such scenarios that would or might lead to tempting a woman to slap/hit me. I don't think I have ever gotten into an hitted argument with a woman before. Nah... I avoid that too because one thing begots another.

In as much as I know it ain't right for a man to hit a woman, I feel it's even worse for a woman to hit a man. That's just my opinion though.
You're right bro.
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2014
dmcdad:

I can take a shot in the dark. cheesy

hehe
you are sighted
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by BANGERLEE1(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

hehe
you are sighted
BAD BOYS
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

hehe
you are sighted
cheesy
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2014
Scyllapatron:

indeed? but there is justification for a woman to slap a man in public?
there is justification for a wife to hit her husband with shoe?
there is justification for women to verbally and physically attack a bus conductor?
but no justification for a man to lay a finger??
bunch of hypocrites...
It is only a foo:list man without proper home bringing that would lay a finger o any woman.What's there to prove?that you are physically fit and more powerful?If a woman charge at you,walk the Fun.ck out!!!
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2014
[quote
author=dmcdad post=26989343]
How come you only favoured the women? How about women who hit men? Can
that be justified? And please don't give me the "before a woman would
hit a man, the man must have done something blah blah blah..." Because
as you know sometimes women must have done something before some men
strike them, albeit it can never be justified as for me there is no
justifiable reason to lay hands on your woman. So also, there is no
justifiable reason whatsoever for a woman to lay hands on a man. Haba!
She no dey fear ni?[/quote]I still maintain only cowards hit women.A woman sh*dont hit a man for any reaso,BUT if it so happens,i suggest the man respect the fact that he is a man and if he should retaliate,he can do so much damage and walk out!
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2014
lynpetra:
It is only a foo:list man without proper home bringing that would lay a finger o any woman.What's there to prove?that you are physically fit and more powerful?If a woman charge at you,walk the Fun.ck out!!!

lol!, and a woman charging at a man is proper home bringing abi? what is there to prove when a woman physicaly assults a man? and why cant the woman walk the fvck out when charged at by a man? .

why can't we be unprejudiced for once and call a spade a spade. the truth is 'its wrong to physically attack anybody be it man or woman' but what am against is the global injustice done to men when they somewhat react to physical assaults and or deleterious verbal provocations from their opposite gender.
savvy?

1 Like

Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2014
Intact what will even make a man hit a woman?If she insult you,insult her back;insult no dey kill,but some will charge like vvampires!If woman get the kind power wey man get,with all their bullshittts,na him be say na everyday demi go dey chop beating.If them fucck outside,come house late,drink de misbehave for road,carry money dey dash Ashina outside,threaten to marry another,throway food wey the wife serve,abuse the wife unnecessarilly,etc na yin be say men go dey chop beating everyday.
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
Scyllapatron
:

lol!, and a woman charging at a man is proper home bringing abi? what is
there to prove when a woman physicaly assults a man? and why cant the
woman walk the fvck out when charged at by a man? .

why can't we be unprejudiced for once and call a spade a spade. the
truth is 'its wrong to physically attack anybody be it man or woman' but
what am against is the global injustice done to men when they somewhat
react to physical assaults and or deleterious verbal provocations from
their opposite gender.
savvy?
And what about the global injustice don to women?The laws that secure the liberty of women today are solely made because of MEN!You rape,torture,physically abuse,castrate,subjugate women with traditions and man made religio.And you open your mouth to compare the abuse of men to women?DONT HIT A WOMAN!There is at all no justification.Tr that in Africa and you might be lucky but do not try that abroad,i am not talkin about what the justice system there will do to you,but about what your fellow inmates will do.TheM go bust your nyash.To them,Its better to kill for money than to be convicted for acting like a f:cocking sissy/coward!
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by dmcdad: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
lynpetra:
I still maintain only cowards hit women.A woman sh*dont hit a man for any reaso,BUT if it so happens,i suggest the man respect the fact that he is a man and if he should retaliate,he can do so much damage and walk out!
Cowards hit a woman? And when a woman does same to a man, he shouldn't retaliate? Which means, the woman would deserve a round-of-applause right?

If a man that hits a woman is a coward, then a woman that does so to a man is worse. If a man who hits a woman is a foolish man, then a woman who does so to a man is far more foolish than anyone can ever imagine. Let's get something straight here, like i stated earlier on, there is no justifiable reason whatsoever that would make a man strike his wife or girlfriend as the case may be. On the flip side, it is rather unheard of for a woman to do so to her hubby or whatever. To me, it is more grievous for a woman to strike a man. Chai! An eye-sour.

Let me tell you what I learnt from my mom... Irrespective of the fact that my father was the violent type, she never retaliated in any violent form. It got to a time when we had to ginger her to summon the courage to retaliate for once, at least to make him stop, because at a point it was unbearable. But she never did, why? because it was against her ethics and morals and also against her Christian belief.

Now my point is, ethics and morality doesn't justify the fact that a man should or is allowed to hit a woman, but also as much frown is geared towards the man for doing so, it's even much worse for a woman to do.

Please, stop padding a woman's angle is if to say it's right for a woman to hit a man. If it's cowardice for a man to hit a woman, then it's a taboo for a woman to hit a man.
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by capricun: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
Some women need to be flogged.

1 Like

Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by Tymax(m): 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
BANGERLEE1:
and you??
I am objective. I believe in most of what you wrote.
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by BANGERLEE1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
Tymax:

I am objective. I believe in most of what you wrote.
thanks for the nice gestures
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by izaray(f): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
Do u guys kno dat, dey are still some ladies,

who can witstand men, and beat some nonesense out 4rm dem lol
Re: DO U Think It Is Right For A Man To Beat A Lady? by KMTee(f): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
a responsible man would never lay a finger on a woman likewise a well brought up lady would
never slap/hit a man. it's so razzzz

anyone of the 2 gender who hit the opposite sex has lot of background issues, either he/she is from a broken home, had previous bad experience from the other gender and now tries to pass the displacement/aggression to the other or just indisciplined.

we should try as much as possible to avoid violence, the best thing to do atm is to walk out of the situation.
if one person is being hit and walks away (either a man or woman), it shows the level of maturity and advancement of the person and the other party will learn a great lesson from that. he/she might even change from the process.
There is no justification for hitting the opposite sex wether you are male or female.

a friend was slapped by her bf back then in school, the lady held her cheek and just walked out and dat was the end of the affair. the guy still appologises anytime they come across eachother, a matter of about 8yrs back. let's assume the lady retaliated, who knew what could have happened, 2. the guy may not feel remorse each time he sets eyes on the lady as he does presently.

#nuffsaid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facebook Girl Uploads Bare Pictures Of Her Ass (18+ Photos) Viewers Discretion / Savagery Season 3 (pix) / Three Girls On Nairaland That Can Kill You In Real Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.