Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (34294 Views)

Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Legendguru: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by donogaga(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
boxypane:

You boldly insult your country online and your set of likes applaud it. Fine she has a lot of flaws, but you don't do this online.
Are u Nigerian sef?

My brother, the truth must be told.

Either online or offline, let the truth be told often.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by mu2sa2: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
francisbarrack:
Nigeria isn't a country.... set of unserious n disgraceful people
You're unserious and disgraceful - you think everyone is like you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by boxypane(m): 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
donogaga:

My brother, the truth must be told.

Either online or offline, let the truth be told often.
What would you now say about American and British Embassies employing Nigerians here sir.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by donogaga(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

You are dull

Trust me!

If you say local man is dull, no problem. You are entitled to your opinion.

Just like your name, Ogun kill you there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by femi4love(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
I’ve never at any time seen a non-Nigerian staff working in Nigerian High Commission, London.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Ashirioluwa: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.
That is not strange. Foreign embassies in Nigeria do employ Nigerians and other foreigners too. A Nigerian lady conducted visa interview for me before at German embassy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
1Sharon:
What's the problem? Nigerians are rude
No employment of locals = Yahoo Yahoo boys and ritualists will be everywhere QED. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Liposure: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
Most Foreign embassies are like multinationals. this means dat d locals also r eligible 2 work 4 dem.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by lograr(m): 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
Same happens at all embassies and not just Nigerian ones.

If a foreigner was the cleaner, gateman that would be understandable not the one receiving calls. How will the Indian guy understand pidgin self when been spoken to on phone? Its out of place.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
donogaga:

If you say local man is dull, no problem. You are entitled to your opinion.

Just like your name, Ogun kill you there.

Accept it Oga

You are dull.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Sagay212: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nigerians work in embassies of other countries too. I am sure they'll have more Nigerians in Qatar embassy than foreigners. Though it's funny how an Indian is working in a Nigerian embassy in Qatar. Maybe cheap labour .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by SavageResponse(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.

This ia a dumb question cos even foreign embassies employ Nigerians
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by tck2000(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?
Lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by GistFullGround: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
You are complaining?

Come to Washington DC & New York, its the same Indians...

Egunje is killing Nigeria slowly
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by milkyworld(m): 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
Inferiority complex maybe...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Saint99: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You shouldn't be making a hasty judgment from just one instance without at least visiting the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar to make such a conclusion.

I want to believe that even in some foreign Embassies in Nigeria there are some Nigerians who work in those Embassies too.
You are right, even in US Embassy in Nigeria, Nigerians are working there.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by themaestro08(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
[/b]Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries[b] I guess.
could you elaborate more?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by IpobAntidote: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

There are many Nigerians working at the US consulate in Lagos. I know of at least 2 personally. Anytime I go to the Citizen section of the US consulate, there are many Nigerians attending to even US citizens.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by themaestro08(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
1mrprolific7:
Welcome to Year 2020.

If you wake up to log in to NL to learn about the bad news about the country or for tribal masochism, and spend the next 1 hour on facebook or twitter looking at the latest news or trends, then spend another 1 hour on whatsapp looking at peoples' status and personal lifestyle, then spend the evenings to go watch how Chelsea should win or how Barcelona should fail...then keep logging off and on NL to see how many likes or mentions you have had...

then I put it to you that if you continue this trend for the next 2-3 years, especially if you are a youth that has a bright future ahead, the likelihood that you'll end up as a failure in life is high.

If you put all the minutes you spend on unproductive things online, it's enough to find a bearing for your life and loved ones even in the midst of the hardship all around.
I saw this comment in a certain thread, and I forgot who the original poster is. Was it you?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by WuraSerano(f): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
All embassies do that. The thing is sensitive issues will be handled by Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Passionatebae1: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

Oga, we have many unemployed Nigerians seeking for jobs here but the foreigners get the jobs at the Embassy.

Answer is just that we don't value our own. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Sofistcatdmoron: 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
francisbarrack:
Nigeria isn't a country.... set of unserious n disgraceful people
leaders or people? are u ok?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by otuas: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Our country Nigeria need serious prayer so we grow bc we not growing the way things are and corruption eating us like food everyday.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Jbleenk: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

What a myopic thinking. Go to other countries embassy in Nigeria and check out what nationals work there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Naijacommando22: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You shouldn't be making a hasty judgment from just one instance without at least visiting the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar to make such a conclusion.

I want to believe that even in some foreign Embassies in Nigeria there are some Nigerians who work in those Embassies too.

Yess Nigerians work in foreign embassies too

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by frowland(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by FlordFlorez(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
What are u saying? How does an Indian man become a local in Qatar? Or are u among those that reads only the headline?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by frowland(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
FlordFlorez:
What are u saying? How does an Indian man become a local in Qatar? Or are u among those that reads only the headline?

My first uncle works in Italian Embassy, and currently as a senior staff. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by rildwanullahi(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
an indian is not a local in qatar
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by gnaftalee(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
I don’t wanna know the reason for employing a foreigner, but employing a Nigerian is better, cos I don't see an Indian calling to renew is Nigerian passport... If other embassies employ foreigners, nothing wrong in changing the trend, must we copy? Can't we standout?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by SaintLucia: 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
It's not a new thing, there are lot of foreigners that work in foreign embassies abroad as long as the person is qualified and have a residence permit. We called them local staffs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Catches Fire On Motion In Osogbo, Burns Completely As Eyewitnesses Sob / Yankari 3M Suite Palaver: See The Official Tariffs/Rates / Toyota Hilux And Sienna Tumble Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.