Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (34298 Views)

Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Daddyboy21: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.
I am working in the British embassy. started work December last year. its everywhere
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:07am On Jan 03, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You shouldn't be making a hasty judgment from just one instance without at least visiting the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar to make such a conclusion.

I want to believe that even in some foreign Embassies in Nigeria there are some Nigerians who work in those Embassies too.

You are perfectly correct. We allow tribalism block our senses in this country. I know a Nigerian lady who worked with American embassy for more than 2yrs, and no noise was made. Such a shame Nigerians love tribalism.

When a yoruba person is employed there, the Igbos start screaming too and vice versa. Sadly even if a Nigerian is employed its "man know man", so I am less concerned.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 03, 2020
Arik Air staff in Heathrow airport UK in 2017 , had mainly non Nigerian staff. Whilst other country Airlines had mostly their own nationals employed.
Made me sad.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by toyosiolamide(m): 2:49am On Jan 03, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.
It is a requirement for embassies to employ locals in their host states.Visit embassies in Nigeria and see how many nigerians work there,so it is not strange to find nigerians working in other embassies in Nigeria as well...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by 9jaRealist: 2:55am On Jan 03, 2020
LiftedMan:

Same reason that foreign embassies in Nigeria employ Nigerians.....
>

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 03, 2020
buygala:
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?
grin grin grin grin grin i am dead...hahahahahaha

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Onitola2: 4:12am On Jan 03, 2020
LiftedMan:
Nigerians too work in every embassy in Nigeria, you always need someone that speaks many languages anyway in the embassy because you're dealing with many countries.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by francisbarrack(m): 5:51am On Jan 03, 2020
mu2sa2:
You're unserious and disgraceful - you think everyone is like you.

U must b a pig or lizard ... silly tin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by mu2sa2: 6:01am On Jan 03, 2020
francisbarrack:

U must b a pig or lizard ... silly tin
You have transformed to a pig or lizard. Well done.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by sheymoni(m): 7:33am On Jan 03, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You shouldn't be making a hasty judgment from just one instance without at least visiting the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar to make such a conclusion.

I want to believe that even in some foreign Embassies in Nigeria there are some Nigerians who work in those Embassies too.

Oga this is totally different, you will not see a qatari working in Nigeria embassy in Qatar. What you’ll see is Indian, Pakistan or Sudanese while we have Nigerians roaming the streets looking for jobs. Same thing is happening in UAE. Our embassy is filled with foreigners ( Sudanese, Nepali and Pakistan) . Even our ambassador driver is a Pakistan while we have many Nigerians who are looking for driving job.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by sheymoni(m): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2020
Yankee101:
Why does the American Embassy in Nigeria employ Nigerians?

America embassy employs Nigerians because they are in Nigeria. Nigeria embassies in Middle East don’t employ the locals rather you’ll find Pakistan Indians and Sudanese there while Nigerians in those countries are searching for jobs
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by tck2000(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2020
Oh
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Yankee101: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2020
sheymoni:

America embassy employs Nigerians because they are in Nigeria. Nigeria embassies in Middle East don’t employ the locals rather you’ll find Pakistan Indians and Sudanese there while Nigerians in those countries are searching for jobs

The Emirates and places like Qatar have 70% expatriate population. If you've been there you'll know alot of their citizens don't even work. Indians are the working population for Dubai construction, customer care, house keeping etc
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by PAQ(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2020
LiftedMan:

Not just Nigeria bro, almost all Embassies in every country has a percentage for their countrymen and for the host countries (& expatriates).

Just as you saw in Qatar, even in USA embassy here in Nigeria you will find different races/ Nationals working there.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Isoduwa(m): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2020
buygala:

No it is Nigerian chimpanzee
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by jeyselassie(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2020
buygala:

shey you know you don't have sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by armadeo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Yankee101:
Why does the American Embassy in Nigeria employ Nigerians?

Some people sha. The topic shock me.

All the embassies I've been to In nigeria had Nigerians working there from security to secretaries to even those doing screening of documents.

What the Bleep is this guy talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by armadeo(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

You are dull

Trust me!

Guy many of them have never been to the embassy or consulates. They just sit in thier rooms with thier free basics and lash out.

Over entitled braggarts.

One guyvamde a statement over just one call he made and see them all making statements based on only one opinion.

This is why we are a very foolish people and can be taken for a ride.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by armadeo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
mekyno777:
Most of u ppl are getting it wrong.
An INDIAN guy working in Nigerian embassy in qatar, not a qatar citizen oh.
If an indian can do the work with the pay, a educated nigeria roaming the street/doing menial jobs can as well.
We are doomed as a nation.

The indian guy answered the phone. That's all. He could be a secretary, possibly the mission outsourced its reception to another company.

There are so many reasons.

It's not like when he got to the embassy he met an indian there which also isn't abnormal.

Besides it's in Qatar not in Nigeria. Has anybody applied for the position?

You guys small small its 2020
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by armadeo(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
LiftedMan:

Bro, if you come to Qatar and you see the number of jobless Nigerians, you will get my point.

Now this is funny. What did the jobless nigeeians go to do in Qatar? To get a job in the embassy?

Fucking hilarious
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Djmeme: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
There are also Nigerians working in foreign embassies na.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by seangy4konji: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
superlanny:
This our country ehn, we have thousands of graduates of international relations and political science, with their knowledge and expertise, working in banks, driving Uber, teaching in schools, and other different skills not related to his or her trained field, yet we say we want to grow as a country.
Any country that has sense, will use all of its national as staffs at embassies, even with your people, you can be infiltrated, not to talk of foreigners.
Mods, pushing topics back to back when am logged in, they are looking for trouble o.
you mean million s.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by sheymoni(m): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Yankee101:

The Emirates and places like Qatar have 70% expatriate population. If you've been there you'll know alot of their citizens don't even work. Indians are the working population for Dubai construction, customer care, house keeping etc

Bros I understand that the Qatari and Emiratis don’t work much but I’ve been to Indian , Pakistan, Sudan, Philippines, Uganda, Ghana and Ethiopian embassies here in Abu Dhabi and I can tell you authoritatively that their staff are their nationals . At our own embassy which is just 100m away from Ghana embassy , our security is a Nepali, ambassador’s driver is a Pakistan, we have many Sudanese also . It’s like a refugee camp and yet we have Nigerians looking for jobs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by nlPoster: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
The reason why you've been to so many different embassies is the same reason Nigerian embassies employ foreign nationals. You're all looking for the same thing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Bigkenny: 10:12am On Feb 01
LiftedMan:

Are you saying foreigners can't work for the Nigerian government either here in Nigeria or abroad? Do you know how many Nigerians work at the US, Canadian, and UK embassies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yankari 3M Suite Palaver: See The Official Tariffs/Rates / Toyota Hilux And Sienna Tumble Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos) / Beautiful City Of Abeokuta, Ogun State (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.